Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm so annoyed with the shipping date uncertainty. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks and have no idea whether I should cancel my order or not.

My order status now says:
    1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 08/23/2013. <--- this has changed multiple times from later in August to various dates in September.

And the webpage now says:
    Product will be available for shipping 09/27/2013 >>

If you call the mint, they can hold your order for up to a week or two, I think.

I had to do this once. I think the ASE SF sets were going to ship when I was suddenly called out of town, so I called 'em up (explained I didn't want to lose my order and no one would be at home to sign for the package) and they held the shipment for a week for me. (Had to do this with APMEX at the same time. No problem.)
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How many of those coins get this ANA label ? >>

Maximum possible is the 2000 sold at ANA. Likely between the two major TPGs, number will come in around 1300.

Fairly low mintage label. image >>

Yeah, soon we'll need a presshus plastic and paper forum. We already know what the coin is worth which is the $1640 that the mint sold it for. Lotsa bux for a piece a paper which may actually devalue the coin if it discolors it. I think all of this stupid money is coming from those who paid stupid money years ago and are just tying to protect their investment by keeping prices high. I could see some justification if there were only a few 70s, but they are fairly common. And the mint doesn't charge any more for a 70 than it does a 69 or even a 60. The smart money would buy 2 coins from the mint and hold them in their OGP.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm so annoyed with the shipping date uncertainty. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks and have no idea whether I should cancel my order or not.

1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 08/23/2013. <--- this has changed multiple times from later in August to various dates in September.

If you call the mint, they can hold your order for up to a week or two, I think.

I had to do this once. I think the ASE SF sets were going to ship when I was suddenly called out of town, so I called 'em up (explained I didn't want to lose my order and no one would be at home to sign for the package) and they held the shipment for a week for me. (Had to do this with APMEX at the same time. No problem.) >>

Ah, thanks for the tip. Strange how that idea never crossed my mind. Now that I think about it, the Post Office will hold a package for a week if no one signs for it/picks it up. Do you think they'd hold it for longer if I asked them to hold all my mail until I get back?
  • Options
    levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    I would think that the first coins should go to the people who ordered first, not to the people who attended the convention.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I had to do this once. I think the ASE SF sets were going to ship when I was suddenly called out of town, so I called 'em up (explained I didn't want to lose my order and no one would be at home to sign for the package) and they held the shipment for a week for me. (Had to do this with APMEX at the same time. No problem.) >>

If they hold it when does your CC get charged? I cannot lie I ordered the Buf but don't have the money to pay for it.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ah, thanks for the tip. Strange how that idea never crossed my mind. Now that I think about it, the Post Office will hold a package for a week if no one signs for it/picks it up. Do you think they'd hold it for longer if I asked them to hold all my mail until I get back? >>

I forgot about holding.

this will be shipped by UPS, not the post office. you can talk to UPS about holds.

The tracking number will be on the order page when it ships.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If they hold it when does your CC get charged? I cannot lie I ordered the Buf but don't have the money to pay for it. >>

I believe they charge your card around the same time they ship or maybe a bit earlier.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's official. They're out there in herds.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would think that the first coins should go to the people who ordered first, not to the people who attended the convention. >>

Mint did a favor to coin dealers.. some dealers already have 20 graded reverse proofs on ebay alone.. Mint has stolen the thunder from flippers..
    It is a pretty coin..had a relative wait in line for me at the show.. was offered $100 - $150 over Mint price per coin ..... the PCGS 70 graded coins yielding over a $1,000 profit per coin so far
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is not worth $3K in my opinion even it has a special label on it. Learned my lesson long ago from the AGE Reverse Proof when I bought a NGC 70 for $5600 in 06 during the frenzy. Pretty stupid of me. Today that reverse AGE proof goes for around $3300 and that only had a 10K mintage.
    Words to abide by for sure.

edited to add: That was an amazing frenzy wasn't it!! image >>

The 2006 Gold Anniv was the a watershed for hyped coins.. Goldbully... at least you didn't buy the 2006 revese proof at the top... I think the top was near $ 6500
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Now all I need to make my day complete is to hear the Mint is selling cases of these out the back door. Sort of like those Beanie Babies.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now all I need to make my day complete is to hear the Mint is selling cases of these out the back door. Sort of like those Beanie Babies. >>

they just did. 2000 of them imageimageimage

enjoy the ebay frenzy.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    My one order with the USM for the RP Buffalo coin just went "In Stock and Reserved"... things are happening !!
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now all I need to make my day complete is to hear the Mint is selling cases of these out the back door. Sort of like those Beanie Babies. >>

they just did. 2000 of them imageimageimage

enjoy the ebay frenzy. >>

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    My orders placed on:

Order Date:08/13/2013

Have a ship date of 9/8/2013 now, moved up from 9/27/2013.

Now i have to decide if I want to canel or not!!! It's one HUGE number of coins!!!
  • Options
    Per Coin Update | Daily Coin Collecting News:

"There was a stampede at the US Mint’s booth at the ANA convention which quickly exhausted the initial supply of 1,000 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coins.

Following the enthusiastic response, the Deputy Mint Director has decided that he would like to launch at least one new product each year for the ANA convention."

So, now the Mint makes it official they will offer dealers access to their new product first before the doors even open to the public.

So much for all this BS about leveling the playing field!!!
  • Options
    The herd has been released. In a couple of days there will be Buffalos everywhere and soon everybody will be

trying to sell first strike & early release PF70'S. The short supply high priced frenzy will be very short lived for these.

9/27 shipment date changed again to 9/8. The mint will now flood the market with these in an attempt to keep

the buzz going.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    My order @ 12:06 on 1st day says in stock and reserved, but no shipping date and cancel box still there.
  • Options

<< <i>Per Coin Update | Daily Coin Collecting News:

"There was a stampede at the US Mint’s booth at the ANA convention which quickly exhausted the initial supply of 1,000 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coins.

Following the enthusiastic response, the Deputy Mint Director has decided that he would like to launch at least one new product each year for the ANA convention."

So, now the Mint makes it official they will offer dealers access to their new product first before the doors even open to the public.

So much for all this BS about leveling the playing field!!! >>

You can always suggest they start at 12 noon ET.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My order @ 12:06 on 1st day says in stock and reserved, but no shipping date and cancel box still there. >>

My 12:05 order says the same. Won't be long now.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    My order on day 1 at 12:03 PM shows "In Stock and Reserved" with my cancel box gone. It won't be long now.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order on day 1 at 12:03 PM shows "In Stock and Reserved" with my cancel box gone. It won't be long now. >>

ditto.....Those puppies are geared for mailing
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    Regardless of what some think about the plastic or the label, perceived or real "limited editions" have an appeal to some collectors/speculators and as such will demand a premium over other labels with the same coin. Is it worth it? Only time will tell.

The fact is that the Mint has learned how to market and sell their coins. They created demand for the ANA released Buffalo's and as such increased their value, as well as general interest in the release.

I am constantly surprised by how much some coins sell for just because of the plastic or label. Yes I know, buy the coin not the plastic... Thoughts?
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i> Yes I know, buy the coin not the plastic... Thoughts? >>

Mostly true for classic unless they have a green or gold sticker.

Not so with moderns....Buy the sticker & not the coin appears the be the norm and has been for quite some time.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    CC Charged (not just probed)

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Expect most if not all of the 32,000 already ordered to be shipped before the end of the first strike & early release deadlines.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The herd has been released. In a couple of days there will be Buffalos everywhere and soon everybody will be

trying to sell first strike & early release PF70'S. The short supply high priced frenzy will be very short lived for these.

9/27 shipment date changed again to 9/8. The mint will now flood the market with these in an attempt to keep

the buzz going. >>

I havent seen one that is selling below 2700 (almost 1100 more than issue price or a ~70% increase in price). Yes I know they are ANA labels, but they are still 70s.

Anyone think that 70s are going to be selling for under 2k? I doubt it.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

fyi . . . CC was charged this AM, so coin should be in hand soon.

Now, do I open it or "hold on to it" and maybe flip later ???

Only time will tell image

Blessings
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Per Coin Update | Daily Coin Collecting News:

So much for all this BS about leveling the playing field!!! >>

You can always suggest they start at 12 noon ET. >>

If the Mint catches a lot of flack about the "fairness" of this, as they did with the '11 ASE sets they will likely reconsider.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    These will hit the market fast. First out the gate will try for moon money, however it will be short lived.

The quality is excellent and the market will be flooded with 70's this time around. What goes up will quickly

come down in the short run.
  • Options
    Not so sure the ANA 70's won't keep a premium over the First Strikes on this one, particularly the NGC version as it falls right in with the "Releases" labels and is the true First or Early Release. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out after a few weeks though.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Not so sure the ANA 70's won't keep a premium over the First Strikes on this one, particularly the NGC version as it falls right in with the "Releases" labels and is the true First or Early Release. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out after a few weeks though. >>

Maybe PCGS will decided to offer an ANA First Strike label and let you, for a small fee of course, get your label changed. Then there will be an original PCGS ANA label and a ANA First Strike label, thus reducing the population even further. Kind of like what they did with the UHR with the "proof-like" designation label.
  • Options
    Anyone think that 70s are going to be selling for under 2k? I doubt it.

I think PR70 FS (non-ANA) will be selling close to $2K, maybe $2200 top within next 3 months if gold price remains within current range (or anywhere +400-500 on top of then current Mint 1 Oz Buffalo price)

If you look at the current inventory of the still available 2013 1 Ozers (Proof Buffalo, "W" and Proof AGE)- most of them are still within 2K range with much lower current mintages and plenty available

I'm willing to bet that PR70 First Strike population on Rev Proof Buffalo will be huge - over 5K in 2-3 months, why pay so much extra for just label instead of getting 2 of them for nearly the same price?
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone think that 70s are going to be selling for under 2k? I doubt it.

I think PR70 FS (non-ANA) will be selling close to $2K, maybe $2200 top within next 3 months if gold price remains within current range (or anywhere +400-500 on top of then current Mint 1 Oz Buffalo price)

If you look at the current inventory of the still available 2013 1 Ozers (Proof Buffalo, "W" and Proof AGE)- most of them are still within 2K range with much lower current mintages and plenty available

I'm willing to bet that PR70 First Strike population on Rev Proof Buffalo will be huge - over 5K in 2-3 months, why pay so much extra for just label instead of getting 2 of them for nearly the same price? >>

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW COUNTER
    34,086 up 1,410

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    PCGS ANA PR70 DCAM's offered yesterday by MCM to subscribing members of their "notification list" - 40 coins available, sold within and hour at $2849. each.

Looks like ST also sold out of NGC ANA PR70 DCAM's at 2699. each.

Prices are still moving up on these "label" coins. I not the "label" guy - but I think these will hold their premium to non ANA coins.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Also, depending on USM delivery of these RP's - we may have a smaller group eligible for FS.....given the 8/23 ship dates.

I believe the next ship date is 9/27? Or, is there a group before that date?

This may get interesting.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone think that 70s are going to be selling for under 2k? I doubt it.

I'm willing to bet that PR70 First Strike population on Rev Proof Buffalo will be huge - over 5K in 2-3 months, why pay so much extra for just label instead of getting 2 of them for nearly the same price? >>

Your comparing apples to oranges in your scenario. What you need to do is compare previously issued US Mint reverse proof products to their regular proof brethren to get a feel.
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, depending on USM delivery of these RP's - we may have a smaller group eligible for FS.....given the 8/23 ship dates.

This may get interesting. >>

I had a 8-23 exp. ship date (12:06 first day order). Cancel button is gone and my CC has the charge pending.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    I ordered on the first day at about 12:50. My back-order date has remained the same at 9/08/2013.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i>Also, depending on USM delivery of these RP's - we may have a smaller group eligible for FS.....given the 8/23 ship dates.

My order on the 11th shows 9/8 shipping. Another order on the 13th did show 9/27 but now is 9/8 also.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    Mine is still 9/8.

I wonder how many of us would have an 8/23 ship date if the Mint didn't sell those coins at the shows.

Figure 2000 more orders, not accounting for multiple coins on an order. image

I mean, how can we NOT be upset that the coins, some of us would have received, where sold at the shows, and said coins are selling for a nice premium.

Those Were My coins !!!! (maybe). But they were someones....

• Options

<< <i>Mine is still 9/8.

I wonder how many of us would have an 8/23 ship date if the Mint didn't sell those coins at the shows.

Figure 2000 more orders, not accounting for multiple coins on an order. image

I mean, how can we NOT be upset that the coins, some of us would have received, where sold at the shows, and said coins are selling for a nice premium.

Those Were My coins !!!! (maybe). But they were someones.... >>

They can still be yours - Coin Vault has a bunch of em!image
  • Options

I place two different orders on 8/13/2013 and both show a 9/8 ship date now. So, it would apppear the majority of the herd will be FS eligible
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - ship date now shows 8/26
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 9/8

(By the way, in case you're wondering, I had the opposite of buyers remorse . . . After almost an hour, I felt bad I didn't order more, so I returned to the store for another one!)
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered 12:04 8/8, now shows shipped! Has tracking number

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    The silver 5oz will generally ship the next day, but I have never seen an order go from back-ordered 2 weeks
    away, to "in stock and reserved" w/cancel box, to "in stock and reserved w/o cancel box, to "shipped" in less than 1 afternoon!

on 08/20/2013 at 06:14am Ms. Morrisine said "Generally, if they show 8/23 on the page and it's this close, it could ship any day now.

and they did!

(l8-)>>

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ordered 12:04 8/8, now shows shipped! Has tracking number >>

My 12:05 order has shipped, too. Tracking not showing progress yet.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file