Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)
    2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)
    Pre-Sale: Shipping Early September

2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)

Unit Price: $1,889.99

GOLDMART

Don't shoot the messenger!

That's a great price!

They are cutting their margins way down.
    Did they not see the price increase coming?
    If I didn't buy raw at $1640, I would definitely by a PCGS slabbed PR70FS for $1889 from GM.

If you order hadn't been shipped yet would you cancel and buy from GM? >>

PCGS grading will be about $100, including all the shipping. So in theory you could have a 70, yours, at $1740 ish.

So, do you feel lucky ?

As for the flipping side of things, this all but ends any fantasy i had of making a few bucks. Add ebay and PP fees and i'm at least at $1930, to break even.

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Boy, with the number the Mint is producing and these prices for FS 70's, does anyone really think these will increase in value in the future?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    surprisingly, sales are really not that high. Keep in mind they sold about 100K UHRs.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

<< <i>surprisingly, sales are really not that high. Keep in mind they sold about 100K UHRs. >>

Yes, but that was a very unique coin. There was nothing similar to it in the way of size, etc. I reallly don't consider it to be like a AGE.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was GM asking for the ANA 70s? Anyone know?

Bison vs. Black Diamond vs. Flag. Which to choose? Any compelling reason for one over the other (other than to match one's other holdings)? >>

Raufus,

GoldMart has not offered any ANA's yet. They put up the out of stock to get description, picture and info on the site. Then when ready they just have to add in price
    and turn it on live. Seeing it there means they expect to offer some. Keep checking until a price appears when it is live.imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that there is a $ 15.95 shipping charge and an additional $ 55.75 charge to use a credit card.

That is an extra $ 71.70 for shipping and using a credit card at Gold Mart.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What was GM asking for the ANA 70s? Anyone know?

Bison vs. Black Diamond vs. Flag. Which to choose? Any compelling reason for one over the other (other than to match one's other holdings)? >>

Raufus,

GoldMart has not offered any ANA's yet. They put up the out of stock to get description, picture and info on the site. Then when ready they just have to add in price
    and turn it on live. Seeing it there means they expect to offer some. Keep checking until a price appears when it is live.imageimage >>

Thanks very much the info!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

<< <i>surprisingly, sales are really not that high. Keep in mind they sold about 100K UHRs. >>

Yes, but that was a very unique coin. There was nothing similar to it in the way of size, etc. I reallly don't consider it to be like a AGE. >>

agree, but this, so far, has indications of being a highly collectible coin. It will have higher collector demand than an RP ASE or AGE, simply because the buffalo series is much smaller than the other two. Because it has only been around since 2006 the Gold buffalo series has a lot of followers who have so far been able to afford buying them all.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• Wonder why they didn't update the counter.
    They just did 35710
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    What is Black Diamond label mean?

Is it a special holder/plastic or is it just words on a piece of paper ?

<< <i>What is Black Diamond label mean?

Is it a special holder/plastic or is it just words on a piece of paper ? >>

Another label (for the same coin) to collect. Unlike the ANA label, nothing special about the coin or the circumstance for which it got labeled.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wonder why they didn't update the counter. >>

a) The string fell off the finger of the person assigned to do this simple task approximately 3pm Monday through Friday?
    b) Too busy figuring out the next weasel move to include the Reverse Proof Buffalo in another set later this year?
    c) They just like messing with us

<< <i>

<< <i>Wonder why they didn't update the counter. >>

a) The string fell of the finger of the person assigned to do this simple task approximately 3pm Monday through Friday?
    b) Too busy figuring out the next weasel move to include the Reverse Proof Buffalo in another set later this year?
    c) They just like messing with us >>

I'm going with door number (b)

• AberlightAberlight Posts: 384 ✭✭
    NEW COUNTER (only an hour + late)
    35,710 up 1,624
    If the trend of the last 3 days continues of +1,500 every day till the end the total will be 53,710. How close do you think this will be to the actual ending counter number?

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NEW COUNTER (only an hour + late)
    35,710 up 1,624 >>

Let's see how much it rises tomorrow after the price increase of today...
  • AberlightAberlight Posts: 384 ✭✭

<< <i>What is Black Diamond label mean?

Is it a special holder/plastic or is it just words on a piece of paper ? >>

Just a label. Same coin that everyone gets. Nothing special. No special mint mark or finish. Just a piece of paper on a modern coin.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Diamond is the name of the Buffalo on the reverse of the coin (many believe). He spent 20+ years entertaining young and old in Central Park until his demise around 1915 (and what an ending it was!) Justin is writing an article on Black Diamond ... perhaps the most famous Bison in US history. I paid quite a bit more to receive Black Diamond on my label for the ANA coins and they really look beautiful (especially as compared to the regular blue label). I will probably stick to the Bison FS label though for the new coins if the Black Diamond label is significantly more money this next time as there will be thousands of FS coins on the market and the difference between Black Diamond and Bison labels is not all that significant in my mind. But, either label is beauitful and, as I mentioned, the story of Black Diamond is very interesting.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

So far, I have received 2 e-mails from 2 different "stores" selling the RP Coin
    and 1 "notice" on this board:

PR70 First Strike Coins:

$1890 PCGS

$2099 NGC

$2199 PCGS

(all 3 also offer the "69's" about $250 - $300 less)

Is it worth the "extra" money for the 70's ??

Almost not worth taking the chance on sending in your "own" coin to get a 70 IMHO image

Blessings

<< <i>Black Diamond is the name of the Buffalo on the reverse of the coin (many believe). He spent 20+ years entertaining young and old in Central Park until his demise around 1915 (and what an ending it was!) Justin is writing an article on Black Diamond ... perhaps the most famous Bison in US history. I paid quite a bit more to receive Black Diamond on my label for the ANA coins and they really look beautiful (especially as compared to the regular blue label). I will probably stick to the Bison FS label though for the new coins if the Black Diamond label is significantly more money this next time as there will be thousands of FS coins on the market and the difference between Black Diamond and Bison labels is not all that significant in my mind. But, either label is beauitful and, as I mentioned, the story of Black Diamond is very interesting.

Wondercoin >>

Link to the Wikipedia article about Black Diamond

In the end, the GM price was just too hard to resist.

They insist on an extremely annoying CC verification process which, after trying 3 cards, would not work for any of them.

I will send a cert check tomorrow.

I told that lady at GM that I was very wary of using them given multiple issues reported with the West Point sets on the forums (did not name this forum, of course).

She said that this was an isolated case as they did not get their orders - which were placed on day one - until very late. This happened to me as well.

She said that the buffs should ship out promptly. I'll let you all know.

At that price no point in buying from the Mint. It will be very interesting to see how these do.

She said that they had some ANA coins but sold out. She said that she didn't know the price.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So far, I have received 2 e-mails from 2 different "stores" selling the RP Coin
    and 1 "notice" on this board:

PR70 First Strike Coins:

$1890 PCGS

$2099 NGC

$2199 PCGS

(all 3 also offer the "69's" about $250 - $300 less)

Is it worth the "extra" money for the 70's ??

Almost not worth taking the chance on sending in your "own" coin to get a 70 IMHO image

Blessings >>

The 70's are def worth it, should you buy the 69's you will be kicking yourself later.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> In the end, the GM price was just too hard to resist. >>

Yeah, Ron, me, too. It's just a little over the grading cost at today's mint pricing. Besides, I had a credit from them left over from the West Point SAE set...
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a short blurb on the Republican 'Black Diamond' from Texas.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

<< <i>Tracking number not active yet - >>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. but it is less than 24 hours since I saw that my order had shipped >>

Tracking code is now active. Shows delivery to be on Friday. I'll believe it when I hear the door bell. I predict a Monday delivery. I have been signed up for email notification with UPS and at least that function is accurate from them.
    Though for the last delivery they said between 12:30 and 4pm on a Friday, I waited with worms in my teeth (baited breath image ) from 11am until 5:15pm when hunger forced me out of the house to the nearest drive thru. Of course upon my return at 5:40, food of a sort in hand, I found a note on my door that UPS had attempted delivery at 5:22pm. A second attempt would be made Monday between 12:30pm and 4:30pm. Again I waited, forgoing the worms this time, and the man in brown knocked at 2:15pm. I will see how it goes this time.

Amazing the difference a few minutes makes...

my 12:03 order will arrive tomorrow while my 12:05 order has not shipped yet.
    I just received an email from GM about their pre-sale. They also have them in OGP for $1740. I think I'll pass on those. LOL.

OK, I just called GM and asked about "cancelling" my 2 sets of W ASE order and applying it to the RP Gold Buffalo.
    Was told NO, because they are shipping out today, and I would get tracking e-mail tonight (we shell see)
    Also was told that I was not getting any "credit" for the price difference/change that happened later.
    Now remember, I ordered the 2 sets May 28th, almost 3 months later, they MAY BE ON THE WAY!!!

I'm sorry but I don't have anything good to say about GOLDMART !!!! image
    I would not buy the RP from them at $1700 in a PCGS or NGC Holder.

Blessings

(PS, was put on "hold" 6 different times, total of 15 min. to make/finish the call)
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Now remember, I ordered the 2 sets May 28th, almost 3 months later, they MAY BE ON THE WAY!!!

I'm sorry but I don't have anything good to say about GOLDMART !!!! image
    I would not buy the RP from them at $1700 in a PCGS or NGC Holder.

Blessings

(PS, was put on "hold" 6 different times, total of 15 min. to make/finish the call) >>

Yikes! That is a good way for them to kill their business. Let us know when you get tracking.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    Yikes. I hope that I have better luck.

• CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, I just called GM and asked about "cancelling" my 2 sets of W ASE order and applying it to the RP Gold Buffalo.
    Was told NO, because they are shipping out today, and I would get tracking e-mail tonight (we shell see)

Ain't that a real co-inky-dink that just now when you called for action on a three month order that is when they are getting shipped out.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    If I decide to buy one of these on the aftermarket, it will be from MCM. Andy knows how to treat a customer.

• 24 hours ago, my order was:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - ship date now shows 8/26
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 9/8

now, it's:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - in stock & reserved (no more cancel button), & credit card has pending charge showing online.
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 8/26

<< <i>24 hours ago, my order was:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - ship date now shows 8/26
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 9/8

now, it's:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - in stock & reserved (no more cancel button), & credit card has pending charge showing online.
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 8/26 >>

And the main page for the Reverse Proof Buffalo now shows that shipping if you order today is expected 8/28

<< <i>If I decide to buy one of these on the aftermarket, it will be from MCM. Andy knows how to treat a customer. >>

I have to say that in the years that I've been an MCM customer - both buying and selling - I've had nothing but a stellar experience each and every time. They are simply top notch - THE BEST of any coin company with whom I've ever dealt.

Yes, I have also bought from MCM, MANY TIMES, Top Notch, First Class, 5 Star ALL THE WAY . .
    (Also many others on the board . . . Great place to be image )

Blessings to All
    Hum, i wonder how many big purchasers already have their shipping confirmations from the Mint and a place in line at PCGS???

<< <i>Yes, I have also bought from MCM, MANY TIMES, Top Notch, First Class, 5 Star ALL THE WAY . .

Blessings to All >>

Whatcha say we lobby fellow forum member John Maben to start offering a discount to forum members. image

<< <i>Yes, I have also bought from MCM, MANY TIMES, Top Notch, First Class, 5 Star ALL THE WAY . .

Blessings to All >>

I wonder why they haven't disclosed their price yet? It seems GM as set the bottom at this point.

<< <i>

Blessings to All >>

Whatcha say we lobby fellow forum member John Maben to start offering a discount to forum members. image >>

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my ANA Buffalo PCGS PR70 from MCM today $2,849, express shipping. Yes I know paid a premium for the ANA label... so please no flames... but the coin is spectacular, great strike, luster makes it like a pure shiny gold nugget effect.

I will say THANKS to MCM, awesome great fast service, also just noted the last one on eBay went for $3,350!!!

I also have had some stressful experiences with Goldmart. I did eventually get my coins but it was three months of major stress and not sure I would want to do that again.
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    do you guy think $1999.00 for pcgs 70 fs is a good deal?
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just received my ANA Buffalo PCGS PR70 from MCM today $2,849, express shipping. Yes I know paid a premium for the ANA label... so please no flames... but the coin is spectacular, great strike, luster makes it like a pure shiny gold nugget effect.

I will say THANKS to MCM, awesome great fast service, also just noted the last one on eBay went for $3,350!!!

I also have had some stressful experiences with Goldmart. I did eventually get my coins but it was three months of major stress and not sure I would want to do that again. >>

Congrats! Hope they sent you the OGP and COA so you can break it out of the plastic tomb and put it back where it belongs. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    LOL. No MCM sent just the coin, but I have so many mint holders that I gave most of them to Goodwill as tax deductions. No room for all those OGP's and really don't care at all for COA. Have hundreds of COA's, mostly best used for starting fires, but thanks for asking.

<< <i>do you guy think $1999.00 for pcgs 70 fs is a good deal? >>

More than likely, yes.

<< <i>LOL. No MCM sent just the coin, but I have so many mint holders that I gave most of them to Goodwill as tax deductions. No room for all those OGP's and really don't care at all for COA. Have hundreds of COA's, mostly best used for starting fires, but thanks for asking. >>

Well, if you decide to sell it on eBay, you will wish you had it. You will get more $$$ with the Mint packaging included and without. I have even seen this with used camera equipment, the box will bring you a hundred or more dollars!!

I would get the OGP, the "holder" may still fit in the BOX like the ASE's and they make a great way to show off your coins !!! image

Blessings
    Agree, you are right the OGP can be valuable, but really I had hundreds of them and they just took up too much space. I have a very small house. I guess that is part of the loss that I factor into most all of my purchases. Cheers!

<< <i>do you guy think $1999.00 for pcgs 70 fs is a good deal? >>

Where are you seeing that at???
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file