Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    MCM Buffalo gold reverse offer took some of the air out of ebay bidding for 69s
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a notice that mine shipped today.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The special offer is officially sold out.

Thanks to all, and congrats to those that took advantage of the deal!!!

John Maben
    CEO, ModernCoinMart >>

Thanks John! Got mine ordered this morning, Andy was great to deal with.

Thanks again to MCM!
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Which would you rather buy at this point? The UHR or the upcomiing Reverse proof buffalo goldimage >>

For the next 2 weeks ? As many RP's as my credit will allow, tyvm. Then in a year or so, maybe do a straight trade... but then again, maybe not image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Which would you rather buy at this point? The UHR or the upcomiing Reverse proof buffalo goldimage >>

For the next 2 weeks ? As many RP's as my credit will allow, tyvm. Then in a year or so, maybe do a straight trade... but then again, maybe not image >>

UHRS have dropped in price.... 2300 for PCGS 69 on the bay
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Was out last half of day >>

MCM was sold out of their 40 PCGS Chicago ANA RP 70's within an hour of email release, I got the email around 10:40 eastern, Monday 8/19.

I called at 1:30pm and they stated they were sold out a few hours ago.

So - the last half of the day wouldn't have helped.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Was out last half of day >>

MCM was sold out of their 40 PCGS Chicago ANA RP 70's within an hour of email release, I got the email around 10:40 eastern, Monday 8/19.

I called at 1:30pm and they stated they were sold out a few hours ago.

So - the last half of the day wouldn't have helped. >>

Clueless ! Missed the boat !!!!image

A real deal for the Forum members while it lasted.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

<< <i>That would be former member Segoja. Looks like he has sold ten of these and has two more currently listed. >>

I have been corrected. Segoja is not a former member, he is alive and well here. Apologies Segoja and congrats on all the ANA labels. >>

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I guess the ANA label (maybe the same as effect as pedigree or not) had some effect pricewise in the beginning. Be interesting to see how these hold up in a few years. Seems we are in the midst of frenzy for these ANA labels. I personally would not touch these. A 70 is what really counts for me in ultra moderns.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

<< <i>That would be former member Segoja. Looks like he has sold ten of these and has two more currently listed. >>

I have been corrected. Segoja is not a former member, he is alive and well here. Apologies Segoja and congrats on all the ANA labels. >>

>>

Ditto
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who doesn't love Capitalism is on a sinking boat of people who believe entitlements will lead us to the promised land. image
  • Options
    Note: Silver now over $ 24 per oz. and gold less than $ 2 from breaking $ 1,400

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This deal is up on their website also. Interesting to see how fast it will sell out.

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/2013-w-50-buffalo-gold-reverse-proof-pcgs-pr70-first-strike-reverse-proof-70-fs-100th-anniversary-black-diamond-label.html >>

MCM's price blows out the flippers.. Several hundred dollars lower than ebay.. Bet MCM knows something that the price may drop even more .... bought a NGC 70 ----- $800 less than ebay >>

MCM cancelled my order that I ordered yestersday from this link.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    See Johns comment above about using that link!!!! he made it pretty clear - to most of us anyway!! image
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I know someone asked this earlier here but I do not believe anyone answered it.
    Any feel about which of the various labels would be best?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12:03 and 12:05 orders just arrived image
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    If MCM just restricted for number of people, Then they shouldnt created link so everyone can order. They could just accept order over phone call. This is BS.
  • Options

<< <i>I know someone asked this earlier here but Ai do not believe anyone answered it.
    Any feel about which of the various labels would be best? >>

I love the flag label myself. I believe it has been around the longest and probably more sets and later people
    looking for this lable to go with their set. This is my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>If MCM just restricted for number of people, Then they shouldnt created link so everyone can order. They could just accept order over phone call. This is BS. >>

THey did only take orders over the phone.

It is part of their computer system. They had to create it to place orders and control inventory. It was not open or accessable thru their website to public.

There are many ways to access someones server thru the back door, however that does not make it proper to use and eventually that back door will get shut on you.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    my 8/23 got bumped to 8/28. 2pm order time.

• Options

<< <i>my 8/23 got bumped to 8/28. 2pm order time. >>

At the mint's fulfilment center what goes up comes down, then goes up again, then goes into the past and on and on and on.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If MCM just restricted for number of people, Then they shouldnt created link so everyone can order. They could just accept order over phone call. This is BS. >>

To quote Johns email:
    "In order to take advantage of this private sale you must have been a member of the PCGS message boards on or before August 21st 2013. All orders must be placed over the phone with me and please make sure to have your CU Forum username handy for verification purposes. If you get my voicemail please leave your name and number and I will call you back. Please do not ask for another salesperson, they can't help you in this case."

There may have been a page but the link was not publicized by MCM, rather a forum member who discovered it. It's clear that only orders by phone would be accepted. Not BS at all....their business...their offer to forum members which they did not have to make....their rules. Follow their rules or don't but don't call it BS if you don't follow the rules as presented and have your order rejected.

• Options

<< <i>

It is part of their computer system. They had to create it to place orders and control inventory. It was not open or accessable thru their website to public.

There are many ways to access someones server thru the back door, however that does not make it proper to use and eventually that back door will get shut on you. >>

well, I am success got my order in yestersday. The Bad part is they cancelled my order today and said that the site is only restricted to number of people for order. That part made me mad. They shouldnt created the link at beginning. they can just call those they want to give offer to.
  • Options
    NEW COUNTER NUMBER
    36,528 a new low in new orders, 271. I wonder if any double or single digit day is ahead? Will orders hit 50k?

• Options

<< <i>

To quote Johns email:
    "In order to take advantage of this private sale you must have been a member of the PCGS message boards on or before August 21st 2013. All orders must be placed over the phone with me and please make sure to have your CU Forum username handy for verification purposes. If you get my voicemail please leave your name and number and I will call you back. Please do not ask for another salesperson, they can't help you in this case."

There may have been a page but the link was not publicized by MCM, rather a forum member who discovered it. It's clear that only orders by phone would be accepted. Not BS at all....their business...their offer to forum members which they did not have to make....their rules. Follow their rules or don't but don't call it BS if you don't follow the rules as presented and have your order rejected. >>

I did sign up Notication from the website. anyway this is completely nonsense
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    John and MCM did a very generous offer and now someone is unhappy?
    Give it a break.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

There are many ways to access someones server thru the back door, however that does not make it proper to use and eventually that back door will get shut on you. >>

well, I am success got my order in yestersday. The Bad part is they cancelled my order today and said that the site is only restricted to number of people for order. That part made me mad. They shouldnt created the link at beginning. they can just call those they want to give offer to. >>

That is how their order system works. They must create the page to input the orders themselves when taken over the phone. There are millions of pages that are accessable over the internet that are not intended for public access. Can't block everything and being able to access other than thru normal channels is at your own risk. Sometimes what might seam like legitimit links in a google search could take you to a scam site that will take your card info a go to town with it.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I know someone asked this earlier here but Ai do not believe anyone answered it.

I love the flag label myself. I believe it has been around the longest and probably more sets and later people
    looking for this lable to go with their set. This is my opinion. >>

I like the flag also, but the First Strike buffalo looks pretty cool. Black Diamond does nothing for me.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

looking for this lable to go with their set. This is my opinion. >>

I like the flag also, but the First Strike buffalo looks pretty cool. Black Diamond does nothing for me. >>

I usually get the flag label but this time I think it's the Buffalo

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    36,528......up 271.
  • Options
    marvinfmarvinf Posts: 45 ✭✭

<< <i>

Google is very fast and apparently cataloged that page soon after it was created on the MCM website. Each page in a website is usually just a file. That particular page was named with several words that were part of a search I conducted for more information about the Black Diamond Label in conjunction with the Reverse Proof Buffalo. I had just ordered from John/Andy via the telephone, and Andy asked which label I wanted. He suggested the Black Diamond label about which I knew nothing, but I went with his suggestion. After that, I brought up Google and did the query.

Google presents its results as a function of usage normally with paid pages displayed at the very top. The Black Diamond/RVP page came up at the top since the file name fit the query exactly. I clicked on it and was surprised to see John's offer seemingly on the commercial MCM web site. Not knowing that this particular page was not linked off any of the pages one could get to via the default MCM home page (www.moderncoinmart.com), I thought perhaps that MCM had decided to make it public and mentioned the link in a post.

After John responded that he didn't know how I had come up with that page, I went back to the MCM home page to try and find the google page through a link off the MCM home site. I couldn't and then realized that this was a page intended solely for the company to effect the phone orders. Normally, a person visiting the MCM site would never find that page, but Google DID.

I am sorry if anyone lost out by trying that link that I inadvertently posted. I am an IT Network manager, and very familiar with website design, so I understood very quickly that I had goofed. The experience shows the power and swiftness of Google for anyone designing websites and putting up temporary pages.
  • Options

<< <i>my 8/23 got bumped to 8/28. 2pm order time. >>

yup, mine too. And the web site bumped back as well : Product will be available for shipping 09/08/2013
    (this was 8/28 yesterday)

Nooker
  • Options

<< <i>John and MCM did a very generous offer and now someone is unhappy?
    Give it a break. >>

you can't please people all the time if you missed wait for some other down the road.. John and MCM are great to be part of this forum.. thanks
  • Options

<< <i>36,528......up 271. >>

45,000 maybe the closing number
  • Options
    marvinfmarvinf Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Just got mine, order placed at 12:03. I have to say that the presentation is simply gorgeous. I don't understand some of the remarks I've seen in other threads that it's ugly. The reflecting areas, Indian and buffalo, are blinding, like diamonds set against the frosted background. No photograph that I've seen captures the intense reflected spectral quality of the proof areas. And since those central proof areas on each side consume a large fraction of the surface area of the coin and are in very high relief, I think it's a much more dramatic presentation than, for example, the RVP AGE.

I'm not normally a purchaser of modern coins, and I'm not enthralled with the slab game. My main collecting efforts have been in English and Russian coins; however in my opinion, this coin transcends all the other modern mint products that I have seen. I have to guess that this reverse buffalo will be a success in the future just because it is so darn spectacular! Unless of course the mint makes them every year.

To me, the coin I have appears absolutely perfect. I will have it slabbed to ensure maximum marketability for the future and to provide a measure of protection. I thought about returning this one since I also took advantage of MCM's telephone offer for a PF70, but now I will keep it.

Anyone know how many strikes it takes to bring up this design?
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

"Just got mine, order placed at 12:03"

Me too, UPS just left, it's been like Christmas today, Got my MS70 Gold Buffalo from Liberty, Got my 2 x 2 coin W ASE sets today & now this one from the US MINT . . . (sure hope my wife doesn't see the CC statement image )

Blessings
  • Options

<< <i>

45,000 maybe the closing number >>

More like 137,070
    Reason:
      Many bought from dealers at a huge premium = buying power for dealers.... OOPS!
        Gold will drop significantly next week... will hit the $800.00 mark.
          Come 9/4 and 9/5 (last day of sale), low mintage combined with the reduced price of $1,100 per coin = SALES of 50,000 coins per day.

Alex
        1. Options
          trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
          UPS guy finally dropped my coin off. Went through it with my 15X jeweler's loupe and it is perfect. Very happy with the reverse proof. I like it a lot. It's a keeper. image
          trozau (troy ounce gold)
        2. Options
          MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe MCM will come through with a fair price on the PCGS 70's and I will know 100% that I will receive the RP Buffalo as scheduled with zero hassle! >>

We will come up with a special (PCGS graded) offer for board members. Email andy@moderncoinmart.com for details later today. Not going to elaborate here.

Thanks,
          John >>

This was a bold and decisive move by John from MCM!

They didn't charge for shipping, nor for using a CC.

He continues to set a standard that others like GM, less successfully, try to emulate.

Credibility. Period.
          Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
        3. Options
          MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mor like 137,070
          Reason:
            Many bought from dealers at a huge premuim = buying power for dealers.
                Come 9/4 and 9/5 (last day of sale), low mintage combined with the reduced price of $1,100 per coin = SALES of 50,000 coins per day. >>

Why will gold hit 800 next week?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
              1. Options

<< <i>

To quote Johns email:

There may have been a page but the link was not publicized by MCM, rather a forum member who discovered it. It's clear that only orders by phone would be accepted. Not BS at all....their business...their offer to forum members which they did not have to make....their rules. Follow their rules or don't but don't call it BS if you don't follow the rules as presented and have your order rejected. >>

NO BS - just the rules laid down BEFORE orders were taken. You had to be a forum member to take advantage of it and they even asked for you to email them before the sale started to get the notification. Did you email them brendanlam? If so, you would have got the email just like everyone else did. If you put a link on this Board, you just opened it up to the world and how fast do you think those few coins would have sold out.

MCM did not have to do this but bing a great company and noticing the several requests that were made on here (didyou support the idea??), they made a very limited opportunity to FORUM MEMBERS WHO FOLLOWED THE PROPER PROCEDURE!!!

MCM - image x 1000
              2. Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

More like 137,070
                Reason:
                  Many bought from dealers at a huge premium = buying power for dealers.
                      Come 9/4 and 9/5 (last day of sale), low mintage combined with the reduced price of $1,100 per coin = SALES of 50,000 coins per day. >>

Why will gold hit 800 next week? >>

Only a certain amount of air can be introduced to a bubble before it bursts.

Alex
                    1. Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

More like 137,070
                      Reason:
                        Many bought from dealers at a huge premium = buying power for dealers.

Why will gold hit 800 next week? >>

Only a certain amount of air can be introduced to a bubble before it bursts. >>

It's possible. So is "The Big One" dropping California into the ocean. I hope you will post on 9/5 to accept cheers if your right or jeers if your wrong.

1. Options

<< <i>Why will gold hit 800 next week? >>

<< <i>Only a certain amount of air can be introduced to a bubble before it bursts. >>

Gold bubble? image
                            Keep hoarding those dollars, they're better than gold. image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
                            - Nick Giambruno
                            Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

2. Options

<< <i>John and MCM did a very generous offer and now someone is unhappy?Give it a break. >>

Besides, this is the thread reserved for whining about the mint. Start your own whiner thread.

- Nick Giambruno

3. Options
                            MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
                            Whiner thread?

Ok

Here's more to whine about, I think this is the first time since the uhr debacle since they pushed a ship date out on or so close to the order's stated ship date!

Get it together mint!
                            (would 2000 coins make a difference?)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
                          4. Options

<< <i>Get it together mint!
                            (would 2000 coins make a difference?) >>

It's 5.47% of orders to date. A higher percentage when they were first offered at the ANA Chicago event. Not insignificant but not a major part either today, bigger impact then.
                            Bottom line, for me, they should never offer actual coins that have not shipped yet.

5. Options

<< <i>Besides, this is the thread reserved for whining about the mint. Start your own whiner thread. >>

image - Good one!!! image
                          6. Options
                            JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Not BS... someone else posted the link not us. It was a private sale, sorry. You also tried to order TWO (limit one). Clearly, not working within parameters...

John

John Maben
                            Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
                            ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
                            800-381-2646

7. Options
                            BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Besides, this is the thread reserved for whining about the mint. Start your own whiner thread. >>

Okay.

I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY LAST TWO WEST POINT ASE SETS, but I have gotten my RP buffaloes.

And no whine for me, I drink skotch. Thank you for listening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
                          Emoji
                          Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
                          Drop image/file