Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice price on HSN Coin Vault, $4000 for a ANACS RP70. Sounds like a deal! >>

OMG! I hope that I'm not too late to jump in on that!!

Does that include shipping? >>

They had a special online today $ 1,000 off only $ 3,000 + $ 10 shipping.
    No longer says special, just regular price $ 2,999.95 + $10.00 for ( Limited first day of issue )

I guess these must be pre ANA coins.imageimageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    MCM has raised their prices also. Probably due to the rising price of Gold.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing many PCGS Flag labels, could they be the sleeper?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>I'm not seeing many PCGS Flag labels, could they be the sleeper? >>

That would be nice as I ordered two of them. Was going to get an OGP from the mint for my future grandchild,

however I took advantage of John's great offer and cancelled the mint order.
  • Options
    Flag labels have been around since gold buffalo introduction in 2006, a lot of collectors like to stick with them for continuity with their series set.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANA BUFFALO POPULATION REPORT
    Just looked and these numbers are reported:
    #520265 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Rev PR Chicago ANA 2013 - - 69 = 79, 70 = 215, total = 294
    BTW, no regular (520050) or FS (520051) non ANA Buffalos are reported yet

• Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Does the mint account for the cancellations when they update
    The numbers on their website?
    figglehorn
  • Options

<< <i>Does the mint account for the cancellations when they update
    The numbers on their website? >>

No, just new sales. The true number will be reported later this year in the certified mintage audit report. The returns and cancellations will be accounted for in this report.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My invoice says Expected to ship on 09/08/2013.
    Both invoices. ... 2 weeks apart. Same expected ship date
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Most importantly these are the only .9999 Fine AU coin minted by the US Mint. I expect an international appetite to develope like the UHRDE, (they prefer their gold to be fine .9999). I would expect the 53,000-63,000 mintage to become scarce in the market over time, therefore the best specimina should do well. >>

Don't forget Spouse gold. They are .9999. >>

The UHR is .9999

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mint's buffalo price will not be going down, thats all the fence dwellers need to know. >>

Lets all hope the "sliver gatherers" remain in place to keep mintages down and painful mint prices up.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Sent my 3 coins into PCGS yesterday, they got it today =D

While I did look at them to ensure they were flawless, I'm still nervous haha. Can't wait to see the grades.
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
  • Options
    We're curious to know what your coins come back graded as, let us know when you get them back!
  • Options

<< <i>My invoice says Expected to ship on 09/08/2013.
    Both invoices. ... 2 weeks apart. Same expected ship date >>

May be due to the mint doing it's quarterly inventory this week. Expedited shipping is suspended until

after Sept. 1.

Then again " Who's shipped first " " What gets shipped second " " I don't know when your's ships "image
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    My original order for 10 (1 hr after release) has shown "in stock and reserved" with a cancel box and order request is in process for 4 days now?
    Has anyone had theirs shipped in the last day or two?

I ordered a couple Plats from Mint last week and got them in 3 days???

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My invoice says Expected to ship on 09/08/2013.
    Both invoices. ... 2 weeks apart. Same expected ship date >>

May be due to the mint doing it's quarterly inventory this week. Expedited shipping is suspended until

after Sept. 1.

Then again " Who's shipped first " " What gets shipped second " " I don't know when your's ships "image >>

I ordered 1 from MCM, too.
    The card is charged. The money is gone. No coin is still not in hand. image Good luck to you, too.
  • Options
    COUNTER UPDATE
    38,861 up 1,304. Maybe because the price did not go up and remains at $1,740

• Options

<< <i>My original order for 10 (1 hr after release) has shown "in stock and reserved" with a cancel box and order request is in process for 4 days now?
    Has anyone had theirs shipped in the last day or two?

I ordered a couple Plats from Mint last week and got them in 3 days??? >>

Considering the volume of orders for the rp buffs, this is as expected so far.

Otherwise, in stock items go out with a goal of 7 days.

Except for the ANA coins and the one bump out of b/o dates for some, I'd say things are going normally and ok.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I just called pcgs first strike cut off is 9/19/13.
  • Options

<< <i>I just called pcgs first strike cut off is 9/19/13. >>

So they picked a start date after ANA and before actual shipping started 8/21. But considering 31 days in August, this is very close to the Mints updating the customer order pages with shipping notices.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Most importantly these are the only .9999 Fine AU coin minted by the US Mint. I expect an international appetite to develope like the UHRDE, (they prefer their gold to be fine .9999). I would expect the 53,000-63,000 mintage to become scarce in the market over time, therefore the best specimina should do well. >>

Don't forget Spouse gold. They are .9999. >>

The UHR is .9999 >>

I appreciate the link.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just called pcgs first strike cut off is 9/19/13. >>

That will put a little pressure on Pitney Bowes....image

Shipments on 9-8 are gonna cut it very close.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With the ship date from the Mint changing to 9/27 I wonder if the greater chance of getting returns, missing a FS cutoff date, and possible price increase might suppress the sales going forward. >>

Coin club member got 2 that were not fresh, previously handled , with nicks... most likely a return
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM raised their RP prices again today on PCGS PR70FS.

$1889 to $1949 to $1999

GM Link
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>With the ship date from the Mint changing to 9/27 I wonder if the greater chance of getting returns, missing a FS cutoff date, and possible price increase might suppress the sales going forward. >>

Coin club member got 2 that were not fresh, previously handled , with nicks... most likely a return >>

It's too soon for returns on these to have found their way back to the mint's shelf.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>COUNTER UPDATE
    38,861 up 1,304. Maybe because the price did not go up and remains at $1,740 >>

I suspect some of the big players will be placing further large orders now that demand is showing its pretty face.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    I need to send mine for grading before WWIII breaks out.

Alex
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade...
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade... >>

Does this mean that those who are planning in keeping their orders sealed should probably open it and checkimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade... >>

The ANA ones show a 70 population percentage similar to both ASE's (RP & Enh'd) at about 75% getting 70

<< <i>"ANA BUFFALO POPULATION REPORT
    Just looked and these numbers are reported:
    #520265 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Rev PR Chicago ANA 2013 - - 69 = 79, 70 = 215, total = 294
    BTW, no regular (520050) or FS (520051) non ANA Buffalos are reported yet >>

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>GM raised their RP prices again today on PCGS PR70FS.

$1889 to $1949 to $1999

GM Link >>

Early bird sure got the worm on these.

Seems the Black Diamond label is the most popular.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Does this mean that those who are planning in keeping their orders sealed should probably open it and checkimage >>

Not if they plan to sell them sealed which I suspect is the case for most who are keeping them sealed.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

what color spots?

the few here that have seen them in person reported no spots. false rumor?

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    I opened my 3 before submitting, didn't notice any spots. Are the spots developing because it's so hot outside? Or does heat have nothing to do with spots forming?
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    $800 gold and now spots. Where are these << Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade... >> reports coming from? By whom? The same source as the $800 gold scare?

• Options
    I do have a spot on one off mine. It looks like a extra spot of frost on the shinny proof part. I ordered 12 and 4 of mine were not worth grading. 3 had small rub /scratch marks on the buffalo.Very small but still there.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$800 gold and now spots. Where are these << Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade... >> reports coming from? By whom? The same source as the $800 gold scare? >>

the $800 gold is a number spread by fools who didn't purchase the 2013 reverse gold .....$800 gold would mean the collapse of global economies.. forget it .I trade gold , silver futures
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>$800 gold and now spots. Where are these << Apparently very few 70's are going out on these. There are reports that SEVERAL are showing up to PCGS with spots and not meeting the minimum grade... >> reports coming from? By whom? The same source as the $800 gold scare? >>

the $800 gold is a number spread by fools who didn't purchase the 2013 reverse gold .....$800 gold would mean the collapse of global economies.. forget it .I trade gold , silver futures >>

I agree....that was my point. Unfounded, unattributed scary rumor. "My uncles friends neighbor knows a guy who overheard a dealer talking with a customer about spots." And the population report shows 75% 70 grades. I know, that report doesn't account for any that didn't make the grade. But remember the estimates of the number of ANA buffalo's that went to PCGS and NGC? The totals in the pop. report fall in line with those estimates.
    $800 gold sure looks possible after the last couple of days run up huh. So "minimal 70's and spots"? Rubbish.

• Options
    Channel flipping just now....AAN Auction Channel....showing bidding on an NGC PF69 ANA Buffalo...winning bid was $2,500 + 10% buyers premium. $2,750 ! Crazy !

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    I think these Chicago ANA PCGS coins are going to look cheap. Haven't read much talk about these lately, but almost all have been graded. As they had to be submitted at the ANA show to get this label So with only 230 of these grading a 70, that's about 20% of the 2,000 released.

Link
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options

<< <i>I think these Chicago ANA PCGS coins are going to look cheap. Haven't read much talk about these lately, but almost all have been graded. As they had to be submitted at the ANA show to get this label So with only 230 of these grading a 70, that's about 20% of the 2,000 released.

Link >>

Coins came from the same dies and off the same mint shelves at the rest of them. Anyone paying more for them has been suckered into the label game.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Like it or not labels do sell coins.

Especially with these ANA graded coins, knowing when the coin was released, where it was released and its grade makes a huge difference to its value and what someone is willing to pay... image

Long Live Suckers!
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i>Like it or not labels do sell coins.

Especially with these ANA graded coins, knowing when the coin was released, where it was released and its grade makes a huge difference to its value and what someone is willing to pay... image

Long Live Suckers! >>

The only thing about a label insert that sells a coin is the coin's authenticity, numerical grade and who determined both. What makes the ANA label worth more is having a buyer who thinks it is worth more or a buyer who thinks he can sell if for even more than he paid. Has nothing to do with the coin.

Two kinds of collectors:
    (1) those who seriously collect for the joy they get from it
    (2) those who buy in hopes of price growth so they can resell to serious collectors

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>Like it or not labels do sell coins. >>

And so does the U.S. Mint. They're just kind of slow with distribution, imo.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>COUNTER UPDATE
    38,861 up 1,304. Maybe because the price did not go up and remains at $1,740 >>

I suspect some of the big players will be placing further large orders now that demand is showing its pretty face. >>

If mintage remains under 50K (and the price of gold stays constant), I think we'll see some big orders the last couple of days of sale. That's generally been true for special issues, even the UHR.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My 8/8 order has gone from a last expected ship date of 8/28 to an " in stock and reserved" with cancel box, today.

Those Mint / PBGS people sure know how to foul up a wet dream. Next I'm expecting to see an expected Ship Date of 8/21/13 ! Just like the musical Ship Dates fiasco that went on with the West Point SAE sets.

Keep up the good work US Mint / PBGS, you people are true examples of hardworking competence. NOT !

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect them to ship this week, Full Strike. Mine went from 8/23 to 8/28 to "in stock and reserved" where it has been for the last 4 days. Looks like I won't be getting mine until next week.
    Was hoping they'd ship before the 3 day weekend.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>My 8/8 order has gone from a last expected ship date of 8/28 to an " in stock and reserved" with cancel box, today.

Those Mint / PBGS people sure know how to foul up a wet dream. Next I'm expecting to see an expected Ship Date of 8/21/13 ! Just like the musical Ship Dates fiasco that went on with the West Point SAE sets.

Keep up the good work US Mint / PBGS, you people are true examples of hardworking competence. NOT !

image >>

Well, after all, considering all of their products, it's not like they only have to worry about sending out three shipments a week.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file