Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>IF theres a price drop come Wed. Anybody here buying last minute?

Gold would have to AVERAGE $1316 for the next 3 days for a price drop to occur. It's currently trading at $1390 on the Sydney exchange.

Nooker

with today's AM close ($1391.25), the three day average is $1396.75. Unless the next two days average $1405, there will be no increase. >>

For a $50 jump in price, the AM close tomorrow needs to be $1418.50 or higher (and the PM close must be $1400 or higher)

today's AM close (same as yesterday $1391.25) makes the 4 day average $1395.38. The PM close did jump up to $1399, so who knows what might happen tomorrow. >>

Think of the carnage if the mint stopped the order process to reprice, as the window of opportunity for ordering closes. image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wondering what the group-think is on these at this point?

Especially since the backorder ship date is Sept 27 (after the 1st strike cutoff?) >>

If you want FS, then ALWAYS order at noon on the first day. The reason you aren't getting replies is others order earlier and don't face the issue.

From my experience, the cancel box goes a couple of days before shipping(generally, but not always). You may can wait and cancel or do a return later.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Quite the conundrum....

I bought a PCGS FS PR70 for $300 more than the mint issued price. What to do with my sealed mint box? send it in for grading (initial plan)... return it... open it... keep it sealed forever...

I'm seriously considering keeping it in the sealed box. Will PCGS grade it as First Strike years down the road? What can I do to ensure the date on the label doesn't fade? This could be a fun little adventure with a modern coin image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm seriously considering keeping it in the sealed box. Will PCGS grade it as First Strike years down the road? What can I do to ensure the date on the label doesn't fade? This could be a fun little adventure with a modern coin image >>

The "Master Pack List" inside the box is dated on the day it shipped. I just confirmed this with my last mint order in August. Date on mint paperwork matches my mint order history of date shipped. PCGS sees this form with date when they open your sealed mint box. If you don't have a date on outside of the box it wouldn't hurt to write the ship date (as shown in your mint account order history) on the outside of the box for your own reference. Also wouldn't hurt to print the page from your mint order history that shows Item, ship date and tracking number and keep it with the sealed box. In the event you decide to sell the sealed box down the road, the tracking number and/or order number on the box's label can be compared to printed page to prove to a potential buyer what is inside the sealed box.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm seriously considering keeping it in the sealed box. Will PCGS grade it as First Strike years down the road? What can I do to ensure the date on the label doesn't fade? This could be a fun little adventure with a modern coin image >>

The "Master Pack List" inside the box is dated on the day it shipped. I just confirmed this with my last mint order in August. Date on mint paperwork matches my mint order history of date shipped. PCGS sees this form with date when they open your sealed mint box. If you don't have a date on outside of the box it wouldn't hurt to write the ship date (as shown in your mint account order history) on the outside of the box for your own reference. Also wouldn't hurt to print the page from your mint order history that shows Item, ship date and tracking number and keep it with the sealed box. In the event you decide to sell the sealed box down the road, the tracking number and/or order number on the box's label can be compared to printed page to prove to a potential buyer what is inside the sealed box. >>

Exactly.

PCGS will go by the date on the pack list in the box.

That said, I always print out a copy of the order from my Mint account and keep this with the sealed boxes. This way I am sure what's in the sealed boxes - don't want to loose track of what's in what. In addition, when I sell a sealed box I include this printout with the sealed box for the buyer to see (as the tracking numbers from the order and the box will of course, be the same).

I also make a very small notation, lightly in pencil, on the bottom of the sealed box to further be sure that I don't confuse boxes.

Provided that the box was shipped w/in the FS window you can send it in years from now as a FS submission.

Not so ATS (which makes not sense at all to me whatsoever.)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The "Master Pack List" inside the box is dated on the day it shipped. I just confirmed this with my last mint order in August. Date on mint paperwork matches my mint order history of date shipped. PCGS sees this form with date when they open your sealed mint box. If you don't have a date on outside of the box it wouldn't hurt to write the ship date (as shown in your mint account order history) on the outside of the box for your own reference. Also wouldn't hurt to print the page from your mint order history that shows Item, ship date and tracking number and keep it with the sealed box. In the event you decide to sell the sealed box down the road, the tracking number and/or order number on the box's label can be compared to printed page to prove to a potential buyer what is inside the sealed box. >>

Exactly.

PCGS will go by the date on the pack list in the box.

That said, I always print out a copy of the order from my Mint account and keep this with the sealed boxes. This way I am sure what's in the sealed boxes - don't want to loose track of what's in what. In addition, when I sell a sealed box I include this printout with the sealed box for the buyer to see (as the tracking numbers from the order and the box will of course, be the same).

I also make a very small notation, lightly in pencil, on the bottom of the sealed box to further be sure that I don't confuse boxes.

Provided that the box was shipped w/in the FS window you can send it in years from now as a FS submission.

Not so ATS (which makes not sense at all to me whatsoever.) >>

Thanks for the info guys.

Raufus, what do you mean by ATS?

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    ATS = NGC
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Across the Street. Myself, I never have developed a liking to sealed box submissions.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The never ending question: "Why does the Mint .... ?"
    On 8/29 at Noon I ordered one of the Fort Mc Henry pucks. (I know, the interest has waned for these but I like them) This isn't about the coin but the shipping. I got the shipping email notice yesterday. On a Holiday ! 4 days after ordering ! So why oh why does the Mint play these delayed shipping games for the Buffalo's? Or the ASE sets? I can see after the initial supply has been shipped out and packaging or coin inventory needs to be replenished. They have to have a supply in stock and ready to go on day one. Evidence the ANA release. So shipping weeks after orders begin and the jumping, inconsistent ship dates seems deliberate. But why?

• Options
    NEW COUNTER
    42,795 up 1,991. Only 3 more updates remain

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grandson arrived before his reverse proof buffalo. Born 8/31/13 at 10:27 PM

He will have a nice collection of 2013 PCGS PR70 & MS70 Gold Buffalos and Silver Eagles waiting for him when he grows up.

imageimageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>My grandson arrived before his reverse proof buffalo. Born 8/31/13 at 10:27 PM

He will have a nice collection of 2013 PCGS PR70 Gold Buffalos and Silver Eagles waiting for him when he grows up.

imageimageimage >>

congrats

not buying the full mint 2013 release?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>My grandson arrived before his reverse proof buffalo. Born 8/31/13 at 10:27 PM

He will have a nice collection of 2013 PCGS PR70 & MS70 Gold Buffalos and Silver Eagles waiting for him when he grows up.

imageimageimage >>

Yes, congrats! Are you planning on getting any other 2013 Mint products in MS70?

• Options
    I think the regular and reverse proof buffalos plus proof, burnished, WP set,SF bullion,WP bullion ASE's
    and the Girl Scouts & 5 Star Generals proofs and uncirculated all PCGS 70's are a great start for him.

Also got a 5OZ Mercanti White Mountain PCGS SP70 and the 5 star generals three coin proof set, along with
    a 1 oz Silver Year of the Snake from the Perth Mint.

My wife burned my credit card !
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    She may insist on Numismatists Anonymous meetings 5 times a week

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a 43,000-45,000k mintage on this one.

On 8/29 at Noon I ordered one of the Fort Mc Henry pucks.

I am from Maryland and was looking forward to this puck. I think the design is horrible, so I won't buy it. Probably one of the most ugliest of the series. Very disappointed. Look at the great designs for the Star Spangled Comms. Even one of the reject designs for that commemorative would have been better than this horrible Ft McHenry design.
  • Options

<< <i>She may insist on Numismatists Anonymous meetings 5 times a week >>

Oh Well. I will just have to admire them every day for the next 20 something years

until he is old enough to appreciate them and not cash them in for a new toy or beer money.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the regular and reverse proof buffalos plus proof, burnished, WP set,SF bullion,WP bullion ASE's
    and the Girl Scouts & 5 Star Generals proofs and uncirculated all PCGS 70's are a great start for him.

Also got a 5OZ Mercanti White Mountain PCGS SP70 and the 5 star generals three coin proof set, along with

My wife burned my credit card ! >>

What, no regular old MS and Proof coin sets (clad & silver)???

Or is that what you mean by "proof, burnished,"

Congrat's by the way!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>She may insist on Numismatists Anonymous meetings 5 times a week >>

Oh Well. I will just have to admire them every day for the next 20 something years

until he is old enough to appreciate them and not cash them in for a new toy or beer money. >>

Funny you say that. I have been buying proof and MS sets every year since my boys were born and they they don't care a thing about "collecting." They would like to have them to sell and buy something else.. They have been saying that since they were pre-teens and now both are over 21. I still have the coins!!! image

My youngest (21) does like looking at my stack of silver bars and AGE though. But, I have to keep telling him - "Hands Off!!!!!"
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>NEW COUNTER
    42,795 up 1,991. Only 3 more updates remain >>

And that's for three days.

Not trying to drag this back on topic, or anything like that, but an interesting scenario may be unfolding.

If you look at historic figures for unlimited special releases, like the UHR and the SF and WP ASE sets, there was always a spike in sales the last couple of days.

If I understand the mint's gold/platinum pricing correctly, if the london PM gold fix tomorrow is high enough, then there's a chance the price will increase another $50 to $1790, a $150 hit from those of us who ordered week one. Each time there's been an increase in price, there's been a downturn in sales.

So it'll be interesting to see what happens to the last couple of days of sales...
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just talked to Brenda (CS) and she said on FIRST STRIKE labels there are 2 options only(non-ANA).

BLACK DIAMOND for bulk submissions only.
    FLAG for the others.

No "regular" Bison labels for these coins.
  • Options
    my buffalo's I ordered at 1:08pm the first day, shipped today. I plan on opening and if suitable, sending them right out to PCGS
    for grading with first strike! image
  • Options
    tic toc
  • Options

50,000 is looking like a good estimation in DerryB's contest.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think the regular and reverse proof buffalos plus proof, burnished, WP set,SF bullion,WP bullion ASE's

My wife burned my credit card ! >>

What, no regular old MS and Proof coin sets (clad & silver)???

Or is that what you mean by "proof, burnished,"

Congrat's by the way!!![/q

Thanks!!!! I have all proof sets since State Quarters started, Presidential dollars set and NGC ( like the labels better ) PR70 Silver Parks Quarters Set. They will have to fight over them when I am gone.

My wife just says where can I sell them and how much are they worth. The grand kids made a great excuse to expand my collection with minimal abuse from the wife. 2010 & 2013 will be big years

in my collections.
  • Options

<< <i>520050 is the parent # and no coins issued under that #
    520051 & 520265 are the actual # for the coins so far. I'm assuming that a non first strike # will receive a different # that isn't already shown. The "parent" will reflect the combined totals. Most PCGS coin # 's are similar. >>

This was just too much of a coincidence that the exact number of 68, 69 and 70 grades for the ANA and First Strike would add together and be equal to the number of non-first strike graded coins. Especially in this first week of the first strike window. So I called PCGS CS and asked.
    There are 3 number designations for the Reverse Proof Buffalo's. 520050 (non-first strike), 520051 (first strike) and 520265 (ANA) She had to ask the editor of the population report about the numbers adding up and would email me what she found out. I just received her email:
    "I spoke to you this morning in regards to the population report for the new 2013 Gold Buffalo. As per our conversation I spoke with the editor of the population report and he did confirm that the non-first strike total is incorrect. He will be updating the correct total population once he gets all the data needed"
    Checking just now I didn't see the updated numbers yet. I will keep an eye out.

• Options

<< <i>For a $50 jump in price, the AM close tomorrow needs to be $1418.50 or higher (and the PM close must be $1400 or higher)

today's AM close (same as yesterday $1391.25) makes the 4 day average $1395.38. The PM close did jump up to $1399, so who knows what might happen tomorrow. >>

It's getting close! the current world market price is $1411 (has been as high as $1416)
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just talked to Brenda (CS) and she said on FIRST STRIKE labels there are 2 options only(non-ANA).

FLAG for the others.

No "regular" Bison labels for these coins. >>

The big dealers already have a lot of paid orders for the reg bison FS. Hard to believe that they would take such orders if not assured that this was available.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just talked to Brenda (CS) and she said on FIRST STRIKE labels there are 2 options only(non-ANA).

FLAG for the others.

The big dealers already have a lot of paid orders for the reg bison FS. Hard to believe that they would take such orders if not assured that this was available. >>

And they still have them for sale.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Interesting - No Bison FS Label?

CAN SOMEONE AT PCGS - how about DON WILLIS - weigh in on this?

Looks like FS Bison label is available to dealer/wholesalers, but not to collectors club? We have complete sets with this label....what gives?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

FLAG for the others.

The big dealers already have a lot of paid orders for the reg bison FS. Hard to believe that they would take such orders if not assured that this was available. >>

And they still have them for sale. >>

The buffalo label is on ebay, in stock.

Brenda doesn't know what she's talking about.

Ask for someone else if Brenda answers.

• Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Now do you understand why I started the following thread?

Thursday August 08, 2013 11:24 PM   (NEW!)Hi, does anyone know what the rules/guidelines are for submitting the new 2013 Reverse Proof Gold Buffaloes?I have searched the site and have not been able to find anything yet.It appears that the Mint may begin shipping as early as the 23rd of this month.Anyone?Thanks.bumanchu
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I am very disappointed with PCGS lately. I don't understand the dealer only labels.
    And now I can't even get the Bison Label that I used to get for my other Buffs while they are for sale all over the internet???

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>The buffalo label is on ebay, in stock.

Ask for someone else if Brenda answers. >>

I sent in one. Asked for the bison label. When I was called by PCGS CS 6 days later about the bison label not being available and what did I want to do, I posted this info and was challenged that I was wrong. So I called again, was told the same thing. I asked for a supervision and he confirmed that the flag label was the only one available. So CS does know what they are talking about. Since I posted, others have posted with the same info. They also have been challenged.
    I agree that you can see the bison label on Ebay and in Google image searches. This doesn't change the fact that if you want First Strike now, you can only have a flag label. This could change. After all, they changed and made it not available. But to imply a poster who was just reporting what he was told and a PCGS CS agent, Brenda, are both full of it is rude and uncalled for. Just because you don't like it or don't believe it doesn't make something untrue. What is true is that you don't really know and only assume you know. We all know about assuming.
    Maybe you should call and get the info your self. Keep bumping it up the line when you don't like the answer they give you. Argue and insist. Get angry. Then post what your experience is afterwards.

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Question before I go to bed...

Do you think PCGS would honor an NGC ANA Label for Crossover...or vice versa...NGC honor an PCGS ANA crossover?

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>

I sent in one. Asked for the bison label. When I was called by PCGS CS 6 days later about the bison label not being available and what did I want to do, I posted this info and was challenged that I was wrong. So I called again, was told the same thing. I asked for a supervision and he confirmed that the flag label was the only one available. So CS does know what they are talking about. Since I posted, others have posted with the same info. They also have been challenged.
    I agree that you can see the bison label on Ebay and in Google image searches. This doesn't change the fact that if you want First Strike now, you can only have a flag label. This could change. After all, they changed and made it not available. But to imply a poster who was just reporting what he was told and a PCGS CS agent, Brenda, are both full of it is rude and uncalled for. Just because you don't like it or don't believe it doesn't make something untrue. What is true is that you don't really know and only assume you know. We all know about assuming.
    Maybe you should call and get the info your self. Keep bumping it up the line when you don't like the answer they give you. Argue and insist. Get angry. Then post what your experience is afterwards. >>

Right on, right on, right on !!!

I
  • Options

<< <i>

Maybe you should call and get the info your self. Keep bumping it up the line when you don't like the answer they give you. Argue and insist. Get angry. Then post what your experience is afterwards. >>

Wow, You sure read a whole lot into these three sentences:

"The buffalo label is on ebay, in stock.

Ask for someone else if Brenda answers"

I mean, really, lol, to funny. Hope you didn't spend to much time writing that book.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps my eyesight is giving out on me, but I don't see any rev. proof legit regular FS Buffalo labels for sale on eBay, except for Photo shopped Black Diamond labels posing as regular FS buffalo labels. Suggest you review the coin #'s for those labels & compare them.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For a $50 jump in price, the AM close tomorrow needs to be $1418.50 or higher (and the PM close must be $1400 or higher)

It's getting close! the current world market price is $1411 (has been as high as $1416) >>

No price change today. Gold AM close was only $1403.75, so the 5 day average is $1397.05, close, but not enough to bump up the price.

Nooker
  • Options
    *** COUNTER ***
    44,478. up 1,683. Last sales day tomorrow

• Options
    There goes my guess...

Maybe 46k now ?

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>*** COUNTER *** 44,478. up 1,683. Last sales day tomorrow >>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with one more day of sales, we get two more counter updates, right? One tomorrow, and the final the day after sales close.
  • Options
    Yes, that's correct.
  • Options
    Don't remember my guess. Is there a quick way to find your posts in a given thread?
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Could be bumping up against 50k.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE that I anticipated a much larger mintage on this baby!

Half of the UHR mintage with the same amount of fine gold.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't remember my guess. Is there a quick way to find your posts in a given thread? >>

I bumped the thread not to long ago, should still be on the front page.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I call PCGS CS today and discussed the label situation (flag vs bison) for First Strike submissions....

well, guys, it looks like PCGS has made a change - no bison label for regular customers - just the flag label. CS danced around "why" they did it - nothing really made much sense other than "it's only for our bulk submitters"

I PM'd Don Willis to get clarification - no reply yet.

Obviously, reconsideration of their decision would be the proper "customer service" thing to do - considering many of us have had the bison FS label on our coins that were submitted since 2008/2009, I just submitted 13-W regular proof buffaloes and have the bison label on those as well (June 2013 submission).

I hate to say it, but - it looks like the flip in moderns, at least with special labels has been now reserved for the big boys, either give in or give up.

• Options
    Remember when they were only going to allow the bulk submitters FIRST STRIKE labels. It seems PCGS is kind of headed down that road again.

Frankly, I wish they only had two labels, First Strike and non-first strike. But, that is what caused the Big Boy only First Strike doo-dah. So, it would appear the bulk submitters (big boys) are doing an end-a-round to get those special privileges again. Get you buying one type of label and then pull the rug out from under you!!
  • Options
    Looks like MCM is shipping!!! image i just got an email!!!!!

THANKS John and Andy. FYI - I ordered from GM the day before and MCM just blew their doors off as I haven't heard a peep from them other than they cashed my check!!!

Thanks again!!! First class all the way!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file