Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special Thanks to ANDY and John Maben @ Modern Coin Mart.

They came through just great!

A million thanks from a return customer.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIFO ? first in first out
    LILO ! last in, last out
    YOLO ~ you only live once
    SOLO - some one lost out
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Special Thanks to ANDY and John Maben @ Modern Coin Mart.

A million thanks from a return customer. >>

imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Special Thanks to ANDY and John Maben @ Modern Coin Mart.

A million thanks from a return customer. >>

imageimage >>

+1
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Many thanks! ... and last call on the drawing for those that bought the PCGS PR 70 Buff at the forum member special price from MCM on the 22nd. Right now looks like odds will be somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 8 to win. PM for details if you bought on the 22nd.

-John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has any regular Collectors Universe member who sent a Reverse Proof Buffalo in for grading gotten notice of completion?
    I'd like who ever is first to get this email from PCGS to post here. And anybody else could post when they get their notice too. Not the bulk submitters or dealers, since people are reporting receiving graded coins from the good folks at MCM.
    Or, should this be a separate thread on it's own?

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Many thanks! ... and last call on the drawing for those that bought the PCGS PR 70 Buff at the forum member special price from MCM on the 22nd. >>

I hope you got PM John!!!! image
  • Options
    I checked on my order placed on 08/24/2013 at 05:36 PM 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 09/08/2013. $1740.00

Then I was curious and check on my canceled order placed on 08/08/2013 at 12:52 AM Line was cancelled. It was canceled because the address didn't match the on the credit card.
    And I find out that they reinstated my order on the last day with the price $1640.00 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 09/27/2013.
  • Options
    nevermind...
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    47,836....+1924
  • Options
    47,836. Stayed under 50,000
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINAL COUNTER
    47,836 up 1,924
    MsMorrisine was closest with an estimate of 1,600
    Now wait a few months for the official audited actual number which will include the cancellations and returns. I'm guessing 40-42k for a final number.

• Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Very "happy camper", got my RP Buffalo from MCM with the FS Bison Label as requested!!!

I now have a "set" of three MS70, PR70 & RP PR70 100th Anv. Set in a presentation box. image
    (I would post a picture, but don't know how . . . lol)

THANKS JOHN & ANDY FOR SUCH A GREAT DEAL . . ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO DEAL/WORK WITH YOU GUYS!!!

BLESSINGS

John
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>47,836....+1924 >>

1st year of reverse proof.. price premium will drift down in value as years pass by.. beautiful coin to keep .... mintage much higher than 2008
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very "happy camper", got my RP Buffalo from MCM with the FS Bison Label as requested!!!

I now have a "set" of three MS70, PR70 & RP PR70 100th Anv. Set in a presentation box. image
    (I would post a picture, but don't know how . . . lol)

THANKS JOHN & ANDY FOR SUCH A GREAT DEAL . . ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO DEAL/WORK WITH YOU GUYS!!!

BLESSINGS

John >>

Good no know we have PROOF POSITIVE that the "regular" Bison labels ARE available for these coins.

• Options
    Let the music play. Maben and PCGS delivered long before the U.S. Mint. That's a Classic !
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FINAL COUNTER
    47,836 up 1,924
    MsMorrisine was closest with an estimate of 1,600
    Now wait a few months for the official audited actual number which will include the cancellations and returns. I'm guessing 40-42k for a final number. >>

I cancelled w/the mint after MCM, but I see few cancelling so far.... maybe if the mint can't hit FS cut-off there will be more?

I'm thinking more like 44k-45k, maybe your number if the mint drags out the shipping.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I sent my original (shipped 8/21) RVP back to PBGS when I saw some fine scratches on the shoulder of the bison. I doubted it would qualify for a "70." I asked for a replacement. They now show the replacement to ship 9/21. Will I still be able to get a FS label based on the original ship date of my first RVP, a copy of which I can include in my submission? The packing sheet in the unopened box will probably show a ship date of 9/21 which is beyond the window for PCGS.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent my original (shipped 8/21) RVP back to PBGS when I saw some fine scratches on the shoulder of the bison. I doubted it would qualify for a "70." I asked for a replacement. They now show the replacement to ship 9/21. Will I still be able to get a FS label based on the original ship date of my first RVP, a copy of which I can include in my submission? The packing sheet in the unopened box will probably show a ship date of 9/21 which is beyond the window for PCGS. >>

Unfortunately, you are SOL on that. The only thing that counts is the shipment date on the box you will have in hand, what happened before is irrelevant.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    For those interested in how the RP mintage compares to other Buffalos:

link

2013 BUFFALO GOLD PROOF COIN 13,921, as of 09-3-13
    Link
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent representation of the importance of MCM and the past in your current RP Buff happiness, TwoSides!

Thanks for the dynamic photo. I am going to the POB in the am....
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Got a Goldmart PCGS 70 ordered and 2 Mint orders still in process - wonder which will arrive first?! image

(Missed the generous MCM deal by a few hours, but glad others got in on it)!
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to John Maben, Andy, and Modern Coin Mart!

I received my 2013-W Buffalo Reverse Proof PR70 (with Buffalo Label) and all the original government packaging today.

Thanks for the great deal and customer service! image
  • Options
    LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Received my Reverse Buffalo today from MCM around noon. Still can’t open it to admire it until my daughter comes to video tape the opening so I can be eligible for the addition coin drawing for the lucky few that got in on Johns offer to forum member on the 22ndimage

LMM
  • Options
    I received my PCGS70 RP Buffalo & OGP from MCM today. Just finished filming the unboxing.
    What a beautiful coin. Thanks again to John & Andy.
    imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my PCGS70 RP Buffalo & OGP from MCM today. Just finished filming the unboxing.
    What a beautiful coin. Thanks again to John & Andy.
    imageimage >>

Post the clip in photobucket or U-toob and give us a link.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    I am new to this. It will be a very low quality first time attempt. It took for ever just to sign up for you tube.
    I will have to figure out how to upload video now. It may be tomorrow before I get it done.
    I will post link when it is ready.
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    I just received my Rev Proof Gold Buffalo Coin from Modern Coin Mart today. The mail carrier showed up while no one was home. I made a bee line for the post office on the way home from work. So I have this box in my hand. I knew I couldn't open it until my wife helped me film the opening of it. I had to wait for her to get home. So there I am, staring at a white box with my name on it all taped up and taunting me. "OPEN ME! OPEN ME!" And so I wait, impatiently to be sure.
    So she arrives home. I tell her to grab the camera and lets make a video. NO NO, an unboxing video, silly! Anyway, so I have never made any video for youtube. I was VERY nervous. I just jumped right in an did the thing. However, I was so nervous, I mentioned Andy and forgot to mention John. Anyway, I posted it anyway as I can't go back and do it over. So be kind. This is my first time, guys!

OH! And before I forget again....THANK YOU JOHN MABEN and Andy Salzberg for the great service, the great price on the coin and the upcoming chance. You guys and everyone at MCM have my deepest appreciation!

MCM Unboxing REV Proof Gold Buffalo
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good video.
    Mine should be here tomorrow hopefully.
    Will do the opening video over the weekend.
    Good luck to all.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool video!
    Thanks for sharing this.

The coin looks great IMO while being flashed round in the video.
    Some photos had made the coin look and seem tacky..... This video has eased my mind a bit!

Still waiting on my US Mint order here...
    Missed the MCM deal...

Nice move and classy work there MCM!

Edited for spelling typos

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

<< <i>Excellent representation of the importance of MCM and the past in your current RP Buff happiness, TwoSides!

Thanks for the dynamic photo. I am going to the POB in the am.... >>

Thank you kind sir. This has been a "FUN RUN" and thread.
    I got in the contest and could not resist....

May I still hold you when….
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Excellent representation of the importance of MCM and the past in your current RP Buff happiness, TwoSides!

May I still hold you when…. >>

OMG Twosides you made us laugh and that music is just vintage good!!! Love the music..love the presentation and loved it when you danced with that little slabbed buffalo reverese proof gold. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

May I still hold you when…. >>

OMG Twosides you made us laugh and that music is just vintage good!!! Love the music..love the presentation and loved it when you danced with that little slabbed buffalo reverese proof gold. image >>

Thank you, TwoSides, for a stirring rendition of RP Buff/MCM Love! And way to man-rip that packaging open.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>

And way to man-rip that packaging open. >>

.image
  • Options
    WARNING: You will have to stand on your head to watch this video.

Sorry but I was a You Tube Virgin. ( Keep the comments clean ) It took me to 1:00 AM to finish

as it was my first time for making a video, creating account and uploading video. Also had issues with

my security settings and IE10 Add on issues. I learned a lot last night. Sorry for the long intro.

Here it is: 2013 RP BUFFALO UNBOXING
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lovin' da U toobs, keep 'em coming

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WARNING: You will have to stand on your head to watch this video.

Sorry but I was a You Tube Virgin. ( Keep the comments clean ) It took me to 1:00 AM to finish

as it was my first time for making a video, creating account and uploading video. Also had issues with

my security settings and IE10 Add on issues. I learned a lot last night. Sorry for the long intro.

Here it is: 2013 RP BUFFALO UNBOXING >>

Good commercial and you should work for MCM.

Looks like a 'copy stand' video production. image
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Here is my lame attempt at an unboxing video. Why lame? I was reviewing the video and actually heard myself say "MS70"imageimage
    I could not believe I did that. I had one shot at the unboxing and blew it, not to mention I never got a close up of the coin! Oh, well. Please forgive me.

Unboxing Link
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Wow, you guys are too hard on yourselves I think you all did a fine job!

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    ok big question what are they worth
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I watched 2 or 3 of the "video's" all where good, but I noticed, LIKE ME, for some reason we opened the OGP first . . . LOL image

I think it is a GREAT LOOKING COIN (but I also think the 2 coin ASE W special mint set is great looking too)

(In 2-4 weeks we may hear that "GM" is shipping there RP Buffalo orders. )

Blessings
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    Well just following the PR-70's on Ebay the winning bids are creeping up and are now over the $2100.00 thereshold..Strap yerselves in boys I think the ride has just begun!
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    Might as well add my "unboxing" video to the mix....

"Unboxing" Black Diamond 70 from MCM

I have to say that this was the first RP Buff that I've seen in person. Love it!
  • Options

<< <i>Might as well add my "unboxing" video to the mix....

I have to say that this was the first RP Buff that I've seen in person. Love it! >>

Linky

Nice voice for YouTube......good job Raufus.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Might as well add my "unboxing" video to the mix....

I have to say that this was the first RP Buff that I've seen in person. Love it! >>

Linky

Nice voice for YouTube......good job Raufus. >>

Thanks very much. You are most kind. image
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I shot mine in high def (leftover settings from my recent safari). It' still uploading to YouTube. It'll be another 45 minutes and it's only a little over 3 minutes long. I'll post a link when it's done uploading... image
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Very cool video Raufus!
  • Options
    Mine finally finished uploading. Here it is:

Link

BTW, I'm on beer #2 right now...

If you've got the time, take a gander at the other video I posted. It's from my recent safari to Zambia...

Cheers,
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool video Raufus! >>

Thanks you!

Wow - figures the Flag Label is the only one that I didn't get....

$2650!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Very cool video Raufus! >>

Thanks you!

Wow - figures the Flag Label is the only one that I didn't get....

$2650! >>

Is the regular old flag label going to be the 2013*W GBRP label winner?....chances are looking good!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file