Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like MCM is shipping!!! i just got an email!!!!! >>

Me, too!!!image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on the MCM love!~

Ahhh, comfort and prestige.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

I also got the email. MCM, great job.
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Do I smell a YouTube unboxing random drawing for those on here that ordered? image

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Do I smell a YouTube unboxing random drawing for those on here that ordered? image

John >>

Thanks again for the great deal and excellent customer service. Not only have you taken care of me in my orders, you have provided great customer service and products to my friends as well.

What is this youtube unboxing that you are mentioning?
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do I smell a YouTube unboxing random drawing for those on here that ordered? image

John >>

Thanks again for the great deal and excellent customer service. Not only have you taken care of me in my orders, you have provided great customer service and products to my friends as well.

What is this youtube unboxing that you are mentioning? >>

It was just a thought. If any forum member that bought the PCGS RP Buff from us back on Aug 22nd is interested in a drawing among only those people, PM me for details. If I get enough people I will do it... but won't talk about it in this thread, PM only. Odds would be good since only a limited number were sold at the special price.

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my email from Modern Coin Mart also. The unboxing contest sounds like fun.
    Seems like John really wants to be part of the forum or is it he wants the forum
    to be a part of his customer base. All I have to say is:
    imageimageimageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    "Got my email from Modern Coin also..."

Don't forget the "mart". Lots of "Modern Coin X", only one ModernCoinMart. image

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    Don't forget the "mart".
    GoldMart Rules!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Got my email from Modern Coin also..."

Don't forget the "mart". Lots of "Modern Coin X", only one ModernCoinMart. image >>

There's only ONE you, John!

Only one MCM.

Only one optimum Maben Modern Coin Mart.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>"Got my email from Modern Coin also..."

Don't forget the "mart". Lots of "Modern Coin X", only one ModernCoinMart. image >>

Sorry John. My typing is not that good. Thank god for " EDIT "

P.S. You will also have to put up with a little kidding and sarcasm from time to time. All in good fun.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

John >>

What is this youtube unboxing that you are mentioning? >>

It was just a thought. If any forum member that bought the PCGS RP Buff from us back on Aug 22nd is interested in a drawing among only those people, PM me for details. If I get enough people I will do it... but won't talk about it in this thread, PM only. Odds would be good since only a limited number were sold at the special price.

Thanks,
    John >>

I too got an email. MCM is awesome! Thanks to John and Andy! PM sent
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    Will tomorrow's last day of Mint 2013 Gold Buff RP sales be HUGE or So So??

Thoughts??
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will tomorrow's last day of Mint 2013 Gold Buff RP sales be HUGE or So So??

Thoughts?? >>

It might get close to 50K?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Big purchases for last day from TV Coin Shows.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the regular proof buffalo may be the winner. Around 13K. Wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on it. Isn't the 2008 1 oz at 18K. I don't follow the one ounce, but the 2012 was around 19K. There seems to be some price pressure on 2012.

Buffalo Mintages
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Buff proof can be sold into next year until supply is gone. Sale of AGE proofs sometimes carry into the next year.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    With the approach of the 5:00PM ordering deadline and the 9/19 First strike shipping deadline, what is the latest order date/time that the US Mint lists as shipped so far? Have they started shipping orders from 2nd day, 2nd week yet? what is the longest projected shipping date on pending orders? Will they be delivering these into november? just trying to get a feel for the possible market surge.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With the approach of the 5:00PM ordering deadline and the 9/19 First strike shipping deadline, what is the latest order date/time that the US Mint lists as shipped so far? Have they started shipping orders from 2nd day, 2nd week yet? what is the longest projected shipping date on pending orders? Will they be delivering these into november? just trying to get a feel for the possible market surge. >>

According to the site, shipping won't start until late September...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options

<< <i>Just talked to Brenda (CS) and she said on FIRST STRIKE labels there are 2 options only(non-ANA).

BLACK DIAMOND for bulk submissions only.
    FLAG for the others.

No "regular" Bison labels for these coins. >>

Guess we'll see. My order from GoldMart is supposed to be a Bison label.....

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't read back far enough about bulk vs. individual submissions. image
  • Options
    Anybody see their MCM tracking live at USPS yet? Mine still just shows electronic info received.

I sent email to Andy but no reply yet. I will post if I get a reply.
  • Options
    Dennis,
    The label was created yesterday and it is being given to the post office today. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Andy Salzberg-Operations Manager
    ModernCoinMart.com
    5565 Broadcast Court
    Sarasota, FL 34240

USPS says Priority Mail Express - 2Day so I will probably get it on Saturdayimage
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's focus our attention to the hourglass, today, not the price of gold tomorrow.
  • Options
    I am happy with the price I paid and not worried about the price tomorrow. I will admire my PCGS PR70 RP Buffalo

from MCM for the next twenty something years then pass it on to my new Grandson who was born 8/31/13.

• Options

<< <i>Dennis,
    The label was created yesterday and it is being given to the post office today. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Andy Salzberg-Operations Manager
    ModernCoinMart.com
    5565 Broadcast Court
    Sarasota, FL 34240

USPS says Priority Mail Express - 2Day so I will probably get it on Saturdayimage >>

Keep in mind that USPS tracking is not always "live." Also, if a priority package is sent registered (I don't believe this one is) the expected delivery will default (show) the time for priority to reach you. If it is registered priority it will take the normal registered "slow" route and not be delivered on the websites expected delivery date.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    While anything can happen, Priority Mail from MCM always gets to me in two days. It will be the same for Priority Mail Express.

The only difference for the two is Express is supposed to be guaranteed while regular Priority is estimated. Express is only guaranteed

overnight to zones where Priority usually gets there in one day. When it gets there it gets there. Not like Fedex when if it gets to the depot early it is not

delivered or available for pick up. They will deliver no package before it's paid time. The local Fedex depot is three blocks from my house. If it gats there

on Friday afternoon I have to wait until Monday for delivery. They say you can pay the extra fee and request Saturday delivery or pick up but they can't guarantee

it would be available or delivered. I told them I would give them a check but could not guarentee it would clear the bank.
  • Options

<< <i>With the approach of the 5:00PM ordering deadline and the 9/19 First strike shipping deadline, what is the latest order date/time that the US Mint lists as shipped so far? Have they started shipping orders from 2nd day, 2nd week yet? what is the longest projected shipping date on pending orders? Will they be delivering these into november? just trying to get a feel for the possible market surge. >>

Orders placed on Aug 11th and 13th show 9/08 ship date. Newer orders supposedly 9/27. How many will be FS eligible? How many rejects from big dealers are already being readied to shipimage
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, trying to get an idea of FS eligible percentage of sales for near-term mid-term buying strategy.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    If the final count is under 50K and the orders shipped are FS eligible, this could be decent mid-long term (but not a great flip), IMO.
  • Options
    For whomever said that they aren't starting to ship until September - that is incorrect...

I have two orders:

Order #1 - Thu 8/8/2013 12:12 PM - shipped on 09/04/2013 - currently in Ohio
    Order #2 - Thu 8/8/2013 12:18 PM - shipped on 08/26/2013 - received 08/28/2013

The last day of shipping to qualify for the PCGS, 30 day, "First Strike" labeling is 09/19/2013 - so that infers that the first shipment was on 08/21/2013.

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    new total 45,912 up 1194
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>new total 45,912 up 1194 >>

I'm going to be close, but it's going to take a small final day surge...49888
  • Options

<< <i>For whomever said that they aren't starting to ship until September - that is incorrect...

I have two orders:

The last day of shipping to qualify for the PCGS, 30 day, "First Strike" labeling is 09/19/2013 - so that infers that the first shipment was on 08/21/2013. >>

I think it was being questioned what the shipping dates were for purchases made after the first day, those were the ones pushed into Sept. But the Mint now shows the shipping date for new orders as 9/12, not 9/27 - maybe this is just an estimate - but if correct, all orders will be FS eligible.
  • Options

<< <i>new total 45,912 up 1194 >>

Up 1,434

Alex
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered mine on 8-14 before the first price increase. They are still on bo expected to ship 9-9. I don't think PB will get them out by then.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For whomever said that they aren't starting to ship until September - that is incorrect...

I have two orders:

The last day of shipping to qualify for the PCGS, 30 day, "First Strike" labeling is 09/19/2013 - so that infers that the first shipment was on 08/21/2013. >>

I think it was being questioned what the shipping dates were for purchases made after the first day, those were the ones pushed into Sept. But the Mint now shows the shipping date for new orders as 9/12, not 9/27 - maybe this is just an estimate - but if correct, all orders will be FS eligible. >>

More than likely just another one of their games. After you make last minute orders counting on first strike they will push the date back out past the cut off and remove the cancel box.
  • Options
  • Options
    As of right now( 2:05 PM), you can still buy it. CLOSE IT USM!!!

Alex
  • Options
    The website says 5:00 PM ET. It is 5:07 ET and I can still place an order.

Alex
  • Options
    Finally closed at 5:09 ET.

Alex
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAN YOU PREDICT......
    The increase of the final counter number posted tomorrow from today's number .... in other words, the final few hours sales?

• Options
    Don't think this number includes those sold at the ANA show...maybe yes, maybe no. But, for sure...this number does not count cancellations. I'm guessing the final audited number will be closer to 42,000. We'll probably have to wait a year or so to see the final figure.
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • Options
    I predict 3,200 change tomorrow. Final 49,112.

Alex
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1600 tomorrow

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Is 50k considered a lot for gold?
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D'oh ! never mind

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    + 777

I agree about the cancellations. Some from poor quality and a bunch if they don't deliver before 9-19.

I see that they moved the ship date up, must have gotten a little pressure to get these shipped......image
  • Options

<< <i>Is 50k considered a lot for gold? >>

Not for a modern special issue. UHRs sold 100K.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is 50k considered a lot for gold? >>

Not for a modern special issue. UHRs sold 100K. >>

It will be a lot if the price keeps dropping to issue price or less.

It will not be a lot if the price keeps edging up from here.

Time will tell.

The UHRs have held up well with their 2x mintage.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file