Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> If I didn't get in @$1640 I'd send back the one from the mint that arrived today. >>

Hey nags, what day did you order?

I ordered on 8-14 before the price increase. Mine are still on bo expected to ship 9-8 (yesterday). Called PBGS and they now say orders are expected to ship 9-27.....image >>

Order form indicates 8-8-13 at 1:33 p.m. UPS tried to deliver last week but I missed them.
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered from the mint on 8-12-13. My mint order page also shows to ship on 9-8-13 (a Sunday). No surprise considering the source. I may still cancel but at this point, I'm just playing it out to see just how long it will take. I can always cancel or return it once I get it. We'll see what happens.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi Folks
    I was also one of the few to get the generous offer from MCM RP 2013 Buff.
    I took a video but had problems uploading it. Finally it did yesterday night and here it is.
    This is my first attempt, so there will be glitches. My son also stars in this. He is an excited YN,
    who hopefully will become a full-fledged coin-junkie soon image

Well here is the link: UNBOX MCM BUFF RP

I liked the Reverse proof very much. I have the normal proof also and I think the shiny bison shows very well - almost high relief.
    The vieo is my opinion and is not of anyone else (and of course with some commentary from my 6 year old). >>

Enjoyed the video. I liked the historical narrative and es
    pcially enjoyed your enthusiastic YN assistant!! Thanks for posting. >>

Raufus
    Thanks for the kind words. This was my first attempt in vid-making.
    My son enjoyed it more than me. I always open these packages with him and we discuss the coins.
    This was a good experience.
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭
    >>>Is there really consensus here that once the thousands and thousands of these coins are graded PR70 FS in some fashion, there will be a clear preference shown by a meaningful difference in price for these labels? And I include the ANA labels here. Perhaps there will be some who like to boast about their labels, but do you really think that, with time, anyone will care about these differences?<<<<

Labels may matter to the person that might be trying to complete their collection and have everyting in say the flag label and would like to complete the set with all the same labels...
    Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

<< <i>raja, liked the video you posted but for the first couple of minutes I was on the edge of my seat thinking you were going to cut yourself!! Please be careful with those scissors!!! image

image >>

Illini
    Thanks for the concern. Yes, looking afterwards at the video I can see that
    I was not that careful as normal. I was a bit nervous as this is my first attempt in making a video.
    But one has to start somewhere.

Thanks.
    raja
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS Grade in...........................
    Extremely fast grading(thank you PCGS) for Regular service(rec'd 8/28/13)....but I knew I had a "measly" PR69 on my hands.
    Coin had a tiny rim ding over 2nd 'T' in States....not visible without a 5x+ loupe....image
    TrueViewed, so I will post when available.

Edited to add: My order from the Mint was placed at 12:02EST and thusly was sent to PCGS very early in the game.
    Looks like my "First Strike" coin was not the cream of the crop in that early grouping.
    Miles, are you listening??? image
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS Grade in...........................
    Extremely fast grading(thank you PCGS) for Regular service(rec'd 8/28/13)....but I knew I had a "measly" PR69 on my hands.
    Coin had a tiny rim ding over 2nd 'T' in States....not visible without a 5x+ loupe....image

Edited to add: My order from the Mint was placed at 12:02EST and thusly was sent to PCGS very early in the game.
    Looks like my "First Strike" coin was not the cream of the crop in that early grouping.
    Miles, are you listening??? image >>

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your the FIRST regular member to report completion of grading. Please post when you get the shipping email in a day or two.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the hell, Bully, you still got the blazing UHR!

Once again, much thanks to Mr. Maben for the "first strike" against all competitors, including the Mint.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    What the hell, Bully, you still got the blazing UHR!

Miles, you are my man!!!!

Check out this PR65 in the Pops!!!!!!Who's gonna fess up?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the hell, Bully, you still got the blazing UHR!

Check out this PR65 in the Pops!!!!!!Who's gonna fess up? >>

Factory defect

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

Factory defect >>

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Missed out on the ANA special label, but sent in the ones i picked up from the ANA show to NGC for regular Early release label.

These coins looked perfect. All 8 I sent in graded a 70.

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Factory defect >>

I agree. much like their shipping it's ok almost always, but then there are coins like that.

One first spouse I received has a huge spot on it, maybe 4mm. Oops.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received too many factory defects from the mint. That is why Modern Coin MART is the best way

to go for a guaranteed 70 coin.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Missed out on the ANA special label, but sent in the ones i picked up from the ANA show to NGC for regular Early release label.

These coins looked perfect. All 8 I sent in graded a 70.

image >>

Well done and what a great eye you have.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have received too many factory defects from the mint. That is why Modern Coin MART is the best way

to go for a guaranteed 70 coin. >>

Could not agree more. MCM came thru for me! Still waiting for the mint for my 8/12 order. image
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    need opinion, should I buy Proof to make it a set?
  • Options

<< <i>need opinion, should I buy Proof to make it a set? >>

Do you want a set? Proof should end up low mintage, could be lowest. I would buy it graded price was right. If you're doing the set thing you want the labels to match. If ordering through the mint, I'd wait for price drop.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

Do you want a set? >>

The reason I asked cause gold price going down, I can get proof 70 cheaper and it look nice in a set. But im not sure it is worth to spend another 2k.
  • Options

<< <i>

Do you want a set? Proof should end up low mintage, could be lowest. I would buy it graded price was right. If you're doing the set thing you want the labels to match. If ordering through the mint, I'd wait for price drop. >>

how much you think I should pay for proof 70?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Do you want a set? Proof should end up low mintage, could be lowest. I would buy it graded price was right. If you're doing the set thing you want the labels to match. If ordering through the mint, I'd wait for price drop. >>

how much you think I should pay for proof 70? >>

NGC or PCGS? First Strike or Early Releases?

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

how much you think I should pay for proof 70? >>

NGC or PCGS? First Strike or Early Releases? >>

Pcgs 70 fs Black diamond
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Do you want a set? >>

The reason I asked cause gold price going down, I can get proof 70 cheaper and it look nice in a set. But im not sure it is worth to spend another 2k. >>

As a matter of historical perspective, in '09 gold was $900 per ounce. In '10 it was $1100. In '11 it was $1900. In 2012, it was $1200, and today it is what ?.....The best part of the forums is the historical perspective we get with the market, but even more information about THE COIN.
    We bounce our collective ideas then get feedback, then change our minds and then just make a conscientious decision and move on to just enjoy the hobby.
    So we either morph, meld, blend or crack.... but eventually, we have proof. Usually too late.
  • Options
    based on TwoSides2aCoin said I get Proof to make it a set, cause I like it. hihihhih Thank you derryd and TwoSides2aCoin.
  • Options

<< <i>NGC or PCGS? First Strike or Early Releases? >>

Pcgs 70 fs Black diamond >>

Here's the best price i could find, most on line dealers don't have them in stock:

FS Black Diamond version 1 - $2,057.94

FS Black Diamond version 2 - $2,269.00

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

Here's the best price i could find, most on line dealers don't have them in stock:

FS Black Diamond version 2 - $2,269.00 >>

Thank you derryb, in case you want one , go to apmex.com Version 2 They sell around $1998.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

FS Black Diamond version 2 - $2,269.00 >>

Thank you derryb, in case you want one , go to apmex.com Version 2 They sell around $1998. >>

$1939 with wire payment. There's your purchase. See, searching for yourself saved you money. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you should also get a 2013 bullion version for a complete set.

Here is a PR-70 Black Diamond First Strike PCGS from Flea-Bay for $1996.00 ** Price fluctuates to the gold spot changes.
  • Options

<< <i>I think you should also get a 2013 bullion version for a complete set.

Here is a PR-70 Black Diamond First Strike PCGS from Flea-Bay for $1996.00 ** Price fluctuates to the gold spot changes. >>

I wish I could afford third coin image
  • Options

<< <i>

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your the FIRST regular member to report completion of grading. Please post when you get the shipping email in a day or two. >>

Thank you, and I will do that.
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Ordered on 8/8 @ 5:19 pm from mint,
    Shipped out todayimage
    figglehorn
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Here is my YouTube effort opening my package from Modern Coin Mart. Thanks John!

My new PCGS Reverse Buffalo Proof
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Well, I finally figured out how to open a Google and Youtube account/channel or whatever.
    My dear wife did the video with my iPhone. She turned it sideways half way thru but it seems to have still turned out OK.
    Big thanks to John and Andy at Modern Coin Mart for a great deal to board members!
    Nothing fancy....generic opening.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q8xfHd98NQ&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

I do not know how to "link", sorry
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Link for Mariner67

Linky
  • Options

<< <i>Ordered on 8/8 @ 5:19 pm from mint,
    Shipped out todayimage >>

Two orders on the 11th and 13th pushed back to 9/27...
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Hum, no blood yet but I did get goose bumps a few times!!! image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Two orders on the 11th and 13th pushed back to 9/27... >>

Crud. I also had an order that said from the time I ordered expect to ship 9/8/13 and on 9/9/13 they changed it to 9/27. Made my day.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine at 1:32 pm on 8/8, it arrived yesterday. I thought it was gorgeous. It's a great match with the Regular Proof Buffalo.

I only had it about an hour before I sent it into our host- if it's got a flaw I didn't see it.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    For your enjoyment:

Per PCGS price guide,

Coin FS 70>non FS 70>FS 69> non FS69

2006 RP AGE 20th Anniv 4250>3700>3100>2950

2009 UHR(not PL) 4300>3400>3000>2750

bumanchu
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is some good stuff from Phil Arnold at PCGS on photographing the Beast.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Your the FIRST regular member to report completion of grading. Please post when you get the shipping email in a day or two. >>

Thank you, and I will do that. >>

Hmm the 3 I submitted has a received date of 08/29/13 (one day after yours) so should be graded soon then. Good to know =)
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options

<< <i>Hmm the 3 I submitted has a received date of 08/29/13 (one day after yours) so should be graded soon then. Good to know =) >>

Mine was also received (logged in PCGS system, though USPS delivery was 8/27) It would be nice to see my results today. Checked a couple of time yesterday and still just OK status.
    Absolution, would you keep us informed of your status please?

• Options

<< <i>Here is some good stuff from Phil Arnold at PCGS on photographing the Beast. >>

Thanks for the heads up Miles. I never would have seen this otherwise.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is some good stuff from Phil Arnold at PCGS on photographing the Beast. >>

Thanks for the heads up Miles. I never would have seen this otherwise. >>

Image 4

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

You must not have signed up for their emails.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You must not have signed up for their emails. >>

Emails? Do you mean this: PCGS eCollector Newsletter? I just signed up. Thanks Or is there another email for News where this photographing the Buffalo article is?

• Options

<< <i>Emails? Do you mean this: PCGS eCollector Newsletter? I just signed up. Thanks Or is there another email for News where this photographing the Buffalo article is? >>

Yes, it comes by email! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you, and I will do that. >>

Hmm the 3 I submitted has a received date of 08/29/13 (one day after yours) so should be graded soon then. Good to know =) >>

I just checked my submission, and it says my RP shipped 9/11/13, but the status box still says 'OK.'

• Options

<< <i>I just checked my submission, and it says my RP shipped 9/11/13, but the status box still says 'OK.'

image >>

Your post prompted me to check for the second time today and what do you know....PF70 ! My first submitted 70 grade! image
    I have not gotten the completion notice email yet. I guess there is a flow to the process. Grading done and submission updated. Some time later the email goes out. 2 to 3 day later the shipping happens and then later the email goes out.
    You should get the shipping email later today or tomorrow.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just checked my submission, and it says my RP shipped 9/11/13, but the status box still says 'OK.'

image >>

Your post prompted me to check for the second time today and what do you know....PF70 ! My first submitted 70 grade! image
    I have not gotten the completion notice email yet. I guess there is a flow to the process. Grading done and submission updated. Some time later the email goes out. 2 to 3 day later the shipping happens and then later the email goes out.
    You should get the shipping email later today or tomorrow. >>

Congrats Kudbegud....great feeling isn't it! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file