Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    at 5:02 I attempted an order. it generated an order number but would not show up on order list. my order page had a large red disclaimer of error call customer service. just this evening it is now on my order
    list as backordered and dated at 5:00. I canceled it. after all these days in limbo I wonder if it was in the final tally.

Order number: 42016533

Order Date: 09/05/2013 at 05:00 PM

Order Status: Your order request has been cancelled.

(l8-)>>

• Options
  • Options
    CONGRADULATIONS! I'm Happy for you. Hope I'll get mines in about 10 days then!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just checked my submission, and it says my RP shipped 9/11/13, but the status box still says 'OK.'

image >>

Your post prompted me to check for the second time today and what do you know....PF70 ! My first submitted 70 grade! image
    I have not gotten the completion notice email yet. I guess there is a flow to the process. Grading done and submission updated. Some time later the email goes out. 2 to 3 day later the shipping happens and then later the email goes out.
    You should get the shipping email later today or tomorrow. >>

Congrats Kudbegud....great feeling isn't it! image >>

Just got email confirmation that my 2013-W RP Buffalo has shipped in my email from PCGS.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got email confirmation that my 2013-W RP Buffalo has shipped in my email from PCGS. >>

After see your post I checked my email and I got the completion email in my spam folder. Here is the sequence so members who are waiting can see my timing and assume similar results for your submission. Check your spam folders for notification emails.

ordered from the mint Thursday 8/8 at 12:04 edt
    shipped via UPS Tuesday 8/20
    received via UPS Friday 8/23 14:40 hst
    sent via USPS registered mail 8/23 15:12 hst
    delivered by the USPS at PCGS Tuesday 8/27 8:33 pdt
    logged in email from PCGS received Thursday 8/29 15:27 hst
    saw submission status updated with the grade Wednesday 9/11 13:30 hst
    completion email received Wednesday 9/11 16:04 hst

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got email confirmation that my 2013-W RP Buffalo has shipped in my email from PCGS. >>

After see your post I checked my email and I got the completion email in my spam folder. Here is the sequence so members who are waiting can see my timing and assume similar results for your submission. Check your spam folders for notification emails.

ordered from the mint Thursday 8/8 at 12:04 edt
    completion email received Wednesday 9/11 16:04 hst >>

Thanks for the breakdown, it helped me out.

Now what does hst mean? and pdt?
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I wish this had been an ultra high relief coin to go along with the UHR they already did. That track record is it could could have sold better than that one.
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Many thanks to all that bought the board special on the PCGS RP70 Buff and then made a YouTube video. I will be back to announce the winner of the random drawing at 3pm ET.

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish this had been an ultra high relief coin to go along with the UHR they already did. That track record is it could could have sold better than that one. >>

UHR was a modern remake of the 1907 HR Saint. I don't believe their was a 1907 HR buffalo. image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Many thanks to all that bought the board special on the PCGS RP70 Buff and then made a YouTube video. I will be back to announce the winner of the random drawing at 3pm ET.

Thanks,
    John >>

John,

I think the many thanks goes to you, Andy and MCM. I wish i could have got the video made but the logistics didn't work out this time. Had you ended the drawing on Oct 31, we may have seen blood, fake or otherwise!!! image

FYI everyone, still hearing crickets from GM!
  • Options

<< <i>Now what does hst mean? and pdt? >>

pdt=pacific daylight time
    hst=hawaii standard time (we don't do that daylight savings time thing. noon pacific daylight time = 9am hawaii time)

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being late.... got tied up.... anyway..... drum roll..... the winner of the random drawing
    for a 5 Oz silver Ft McHenry bullion ATB is....

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Call Andy tomorrow and we'll get it on the way to you.

Thanks to all.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>Sorry for being late.... got tied up.... anyway..... drum roll..... the winner of the random drawing

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for being late.... got tied up.... anyway..... drum roll..... the winner of the random drawing

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

imageimage

Thanks John & Andy for the deal on the Reverse Proof Buffalo and having the drawing.

It was fun learning how to make a video and post it on You Tube.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

Congrats Hattrick!! image

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    You know John... I dont think I have ordered from MCM in the past. But after reading nothing but glowing reviews here and seeing how you give back to the collecting community.... I will certainly be doing so in the future!

THANK YOU!!!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

<< <i>ordered from the mint Thursday 8/8 at 12:04 edt
    completion email received Wednesday 9/11 16:04 hst >>

Status has changed to shipped, seen Thursday 9/12 at 12:15 hst

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for being late.... got tied up.... anyway..... drum roll..... the winner of the random drawing for a 5 Oz silver Ft McHenry bullion ATB is....

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Call Andy tomorrow and we'll get it on the way to you. >>

Congrats! Even though I didn't win the drawing, I still felt I won with the MCM deal. Thanks again John and Andy!
  • Options
    Thanks to everybody who took the time to prepare a video. I watched them all and enjoyed them.

My favorite was the dancing buffalo. The record machine and music were very entertaining. It will long be remembered

as a classic. Thanks for the congrats. Now we can enjoy the new additions and wait for the next great announcement from the mint.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

Congrats HATTRICK!! Thanks for the chance, John. This has been a lot of fun! image
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!

These are hotter than I realized.

Bids are up to and over $2200

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I am at 50% on my original Mint order:

4 Rev Buff F.S. PF70
    4 Rev Buff F.S. PF69

3 to go...

Question...what do I do with the 69s...keep them or sell them???
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

Congrats to HATTRICK!!!!

Thanks John - you're the best!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    My Kudos goes to Raeleen and Ian of Great Collections. These guys are a class act and would Over Extend themselves to provide Excellent customer service to their customers!!! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>ordered from the mint Thursday 8/8 at 12:04 edt
    completion email received Wednesday 9/11 16:04 hst
    Status has changed to shipped, seen Thursday 9/12 at 12:15 hst >>

Received the shipped via USPS email notice Thursday 9/12 at 3:49 hst

• Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

HATTRICK!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks to all.

John >>

Congratulations HATTRICK
    It was a very good competition and glad you won.

Thanks also to John Maben for his generous offer and coming up with this idea for a competition.
    It gave an opportunity for me to make a video and I will try my hand at others now.

This Forum is great with lots of good will and deep knowledge.
    I normally lurk, and enjoy the give and take with a chuckle.

raja
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY order from the US Mint was pushed back to the 30th , from the 8th, and the 24th. Maybe they arrive by Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Argh = Wonder why these were graded 69s, didn't see any flaws on them with a 40x loupe and looked a bunch of times. Wonder if mailing them caused damage (shaking or something). Will take a look when I get them back. Anyways, got my results:

ine # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 28138349 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69
    1 2 28138350 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69
    1 3 28138351 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69

Regardless, most likely will end up selling all 3 of them to get a 70 in my collection. =) Need at least one 70 for my collection =D
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    So what it the final mintage figures for the reverse proof buffalo's to date?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>So what it the final mintage figures for the reverse proof buffalo's to date? >>

The last counter showed 47,836 but this doesn't reflect cancellations and returns just orders taken. We won't know the official mintage number until the audited accounting is released in a couple months.

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    according to the Pop reports, PCGS has graded 700 of the 2000 ANA Rev PR Buffs so far. Anyone know how many NGC has graded? I would guess more.
  • Options

<< <i>according to the Pop reports, PCGS has graded 700 of the 2000 ANA Rev PR Buffs so far. Anyone know how many NGC has graded? I would guess more. >>

One seller states 941, but not sure if that is official. BTW, for those who have FS eligible coins sealed, these may be worth hanging onto. Seems that most of those ordered after the 8th have been reported as backordered until after the cut off.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, for those who have FS eligible coins sealed, these may be worth hanging onto. >>

occasional reddish spotting on gold buffalos would drive me to get the grading done early.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW, for those who have FS eligible coins sealed, these may be worth hanging onto. >>

occasional reddish spotting on gold buffalos would drive me to get the grading done early. >>

Or hold and sell "sealed" for a premium.image
  • Options
    GOLDMART is starting to ship RP Buffalos. The 70's are on the run, however I have a feeling they will dry up quickly.
  • Options

<< <i>GOLDMART is starting to ship RP Buffalos. The 70's are on the run, however I have a feeling they will dry up quickly. >>

My one PR70 from GM will be here on Monday. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received an email from PCGS...my grade is in PR70...F/S..image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Argh = Wonder why these were graded 69s, didn't see any flaws on them with a 40x loupe and looked a bunch of times. Wonder if mailing them caused damage (shaking or something). Will take a look when I get them back. Anyways, got my results:

ine # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 28138349 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69
    1 2 28138350 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69
    1 3 28138351 520051 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Reverse Proof USA PR69

Regardless, most likely will end up selling all 3 of them to get a 70 in my collection. =) Need at least one 70 for my collection =D >>

Been there many times.

What til you buy that 70 and it's all marked up and looks worse then your coins, that'll make your head explode.

• Options
    I ended up with...

6 Buff Rev FS PF70s
    5 Buff Rev FS PF69s
    1 Plat FS PF70
    2 Plat FS PF69s

Do you guys think its a better idea to sell 5 PF69s now and use that money to buy more 4 PF70s or just keep the 69s?
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    Can I ask what day you ordered that on (from goldmart)? I ordered mine on 8/22 and nothing yet thanks!
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can I ask what day you ordered that on (from goldmart)? I ordered mine on 8/22 and nothing yet thanks! >>

I ordered mine on the 21st and haven't heard a peep. But, I did pay by check which will cause a delay as they ship FCPF = first cleared payment first. Further, I ordered the Buffalo First Strike (not the black Diamond) label which I believe will be limited in number.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine three days ago from USPS and, like all of us, think mine is flawless even under magnification. Of course! I think the mint would have been much better served aesthetically to have made a three coin 1/4 oz set of rev. proof, proof, and regular matte coins.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the mint would have been much better served aesthetically to have made a three coin 1/4 oz set of rev. proof, proof, and regular matte coins. >>

That would have been an awesome set!!! It wouldn't have upset the 2008 fractional prices and would have been a cool set to display.
    Probably a little more affordable too...
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow!

These are hotter than I realized.

Bids are up to and over $2200 >>

$2200 for a FS PR70?
    not bad at all for a 47K mintage but unique buffalo coin
  • Options
    Received my 5oz. Fort McHenry today from MCM. What a surprise when the mailman knocked on my door. Did not expect it overnight.

If I did not have to sign for it I would think they threw it out the window as the plane flew by.

It made my day. Thanks again John & Andy !!!!!!!imageimage

It looked perfect for a Bullion Coin. It is a shame I have to say this, however it was in better condition than some of the

proof coins I have received from the mint and arrived much faster and better packaged.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    RATS! I just got the email that my RP Buffalo graded PR69 image

At least I still have my MS70 UHR! image
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    Still waiting on the U.S. Mint for my order. Hoping they tone orange before they get here.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RATS! I just got the email that my RP Buffalo graded PR69 >>

It's for just that reason that it almost doesn't make financial sense when you've only got one or two to send in, especially with the great deals on already graded 70s that have been available. After taking advantage of MCM's and GM's deals, I sold my First Strike eligible box sealed shortly after it arrived (while many were still waiting for theirs from the mint).
  • Options
    $1400 ? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file