Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COUNTER UPDATE
    39,961 up 1,100. With the Monday holiday, only 5 more counter postings are left. I don't see 50k happening if there is a price hike on Wednesday. If the price goes down then sales will go over 50k.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't expect them to ship this week, Full Strike. Mine went from 8/23 to 8/28 to "in stock and reserved" where it has been for the last 4 days. Looks like I won't be getting mine until next week.
    Was hoping they'd ship before the 3 day weekend. >>

Me too.

Another Mint failure.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>COUNTER UPDATE
    39,961 up 1,100. With the Monday holiday, only 5 more counter postings are left. I don't see 50k happening if there is a price hike on Wednesday. If the price goes down then sales will go over 50k. >>

awwww... I'm at 43k and I think I be a few thousand under.

looking good for another $50 next week, too. (only 2 days in, but the sell of this am was bought up some)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    * * * L A B E L S - - - F Y I * * *
    I just got a call from Customer Service (now that's good customer care!) that they got my buffalo submission.
    She informed me that the Bison First Strike label, which I had requested, is not available...it was only available for ANA buffalo's. The ONLY First Strike label is the standard flag label

• Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

"Bison First Strike label, which I had requested, is not available..."

I sure hope that's not the case/truth as I just bought a MS70 & PR70 Gold Buffalo coin to make up a 100th Anv. Set.
    (to add the RP Buffalo that I have on order with MCM, and I wanted to have the same "label" on all three coins!!! image )
    I have the first 2 coins already, with the Bison First Strike Label on hand now!!

Blessings

• Options

I just checked on e-bay, "Gold" PCGS and found several Buffalo First Strike Labels on coins: Dated: 2008, 2010, 2012 & 2013, WHY WOULD THEY NOT KEEP THIS LABEL ????

I sure hope that they just gave you some "BAD" / WRONG information !!!

Blessings image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>* * * L A B E L S - - - F Y I * * *
    I just got a call from Customer Service (now that's good customer care!)
    She informed me that the Bison First Strike label, which I had requested, is not available...it was only available for ANA buffalo's. The ONLY First Strike label is the standard flag label >>

which customer service?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    For those who submitted their orders but don't see it on their PCGS account, I just called them and they said they were backed up but you can call them with your tracking number and ask them to verify it was received. Otherwise, it should be updated 3 or 4 days later on your PCGS account.
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options

"" which customer service? ""

Good / Great question, why didn't I think of that image

Blessings
  • Options
    dealers can ge other special labels through the bulk sub program.
    regular collector's club members (non-dealer) ONLY have one(1) special label available ever: the flag first strike label, no matter bulk sub or not.

would anyone pay $5 to receive special labels on collector's orders? $2.50?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those who submitted their orders but don't see it on their PCGS account, I just called them and they said they were backed up but you can call them with your tracking number and ask them to verify it was received. Otherwise, it should be updated 3 or 4 days later on your PCGS account. >>

I sent mine registered and signed up for email notices of delivery status.
    Received the email today that PCGS signed for and received my order.
    Very easy to do.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>I sent mine registered and signed up for email notices of delivery status.
    Received the email today that PCGS signed for and received my order.
    Very easy to do. >>

This is nice feature that can be selected when viewing tracking info on registered packages. Another good reason to use registered mail for high dollar shipments.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    "" which customer service? ""

PCGS customer service.
    Why would they call me to give false information?
    If you have an issue or don't believe it, call them. Then post what they tell you here.

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I called yesterday before I sent my first 3 and she told me the Bison Label was ok and to just write it on the note section.
    I also asked them to slab them with the Buffalo (reverse) facing forward and she said that was ok too.

I'll call again tomorrow to confirm...T
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>"" which customer service? ""

PCGS customer service.
    Why would they call me to give false information?
    If you have an issue or don't believe it, call them. Then post what they tell you here. >>

don't get defensive, it wasn't clear which customer service you were referring to. A lot of discussion in this thread that includes a lot of outfits besides PCGS.

No need for me to call, I found the bison label availability answer here.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>Zubie - - I called yesterday before I sent my first 3 and she told me the Bison Label was ok and to just write it on the note section.
    I also asked them to slab them with the Buffalo (reverse) facing forward and she said that was ok too.
    I'll call again tomorrow to confirm...T >>

I had called last week and was told there were 2 labels...the bison and the flag. I wrote the bison label request on the submission form just like you were told. Previously I had been called by CS when I submitted a coin that was FS eligible but I hadn't requested it so they were checking if I wanted it. PCGS CS is first class, so I believe what they tell me. If you are told differently, please post and give the name of the agent you speak to so I can call and ask that my bison label request is honored.

<< <i>derryb - - don't get defensive, it wasn't clear which customer service you were referring to. A lot of discussion in this thread that includes a lot of outfits besides PCGS.
    No need for me to call, I found the bison label availability answer here. >>

Sorry, your right of course. A snap response to you which I should have clarified in the original post. But the Black Diamond label you linked to is only available for bulk/dealer orders. Thats not the bison label I wanted. This is the one I was referring to: Bison Label

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I also called PCGS last week and they too told me the Black Diamond was only for bulk/dealer submissions.
    They said the bison and flag labels were available to anyone.
    I did not ask for the CS woman's name.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>I also called PCGS last week and they too told me the Black Diamond was only for bulk/dealer submissions.
    They said the bison and flag labels were available to anyone.
    I did not ask for the CS woman's name. >>

come to think of it, the answer is two(2), I have received a bison label on my buffs without asking before.

• Options
    too many label choices. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

SORRY, I had a "panic attack" I did not mean to "offend" anyone on this board.

Yes, way too many Labels image

Blessings
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the bison label the best......image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my memory serves me correctly, and once in a while it does, the "Black Diamond" label has never been available except for bulk submitters. I don't care for the regular buffalo label.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    for the buffalo series I prefer the FS Flag label.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Just called PCGS CS and confirmed. The Bison label, though previously offered and shown on some current Ebay sales and in Google image search, is NOT being offered at this time. Only the flag FS label is. Brenda said she reads the forum too and has received a lot of calls. She is trying to get a reason why. I also sent an email yesterday about an hour after CS closed at 5pm PDT. I will post the reply when, and if, I get one.

• Options
    I've been getting the bison label since 2008 under the REGULAR service level. I wonder why they would stop offering it now?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just called PCGS CS and confirmed. The Bison label, though previously offered and shown on some current Ebay sales and in Google image search, is NOT being offered at this time. Only the flag FS label is. Brenda said she reads the forum too and has received a lot of calls. She is trying to get a reason why. I also sent an email yesterday about an hour after CS closed at 5pm PDT. I will post the reply when, and if, I get one. >>

There have been a lot of orders placed for this label with MCM, GM, etc. They must b confident that they can deliver.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    NEW COUNTER
    40,804 up 843. Only 4 more counter updates remain.

• Options
    Broke 40,000, will it make 50,000?
  • Options
    Does there need to be a seperate board for label collectors?

More and more often it seems to be about the label and less about the coin.

Sad really...................
  • Options

<< <i>Does there need to be a seperate board for label collectors?

More and more often it seems to be about the label and less about the coin.

Sad really................... >>

What else can be said about this coin until they ship.......image
  • Options
    My coin has a zit on the forehead. It is only visible at an angle. Otherwise it's a perfect coin. I want to return it but then again it was meant to be with me as is.

Alex
  • Options

<< <i>My coin has a zit on the forehead. It is only visible at an angle. Otherwise it's a perfect coin. I want to return it but then again it was meant to be with me as is. >>

Love at first sight?

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Cancel box gone, of course with the long weekend it's not shipping until at least Tuesday.

So was 28th, now 9/3.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My Coin finally shipped today. HURRAH

I'm just so darned happy I'll not mind at all working the entire Holiday weekend.

Looking forward to this , my first Gold Buffalo
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Coin finally shipped today. HURRAH

I'm just so darned happy I'll not mind at all working the entire Holiday weekend.

Looking forward to this , my first Gold Buffalo >>

Enjoy and go in peace, Brother. image
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    A hypothetical question : ...... What if i bought a sealed box of the reverse proof buffalo say from a fellow forum member ...opened it and saw it with imperfections...are you then just stuck with it?

Scenario 2 : Same thing with the sealed reverse proof buffalo but this time bought from Ebay. Knowing that you bought a sealed box from the seller on Ebay when opened its with imperfections again but this time you paid via PAYPAL ...Will you have the recourse of returning this now Opened box and get your refund from Paypal?

(P.S> I know you can still buy these at the mint for the next 5 days or less ...Just trying to get your opinions on either hypothetical scenarios above... image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Buying a sealed box is considered a roll of the dice unless there is a stated return option. As to recourse, maybe but even if you prevailed not IMO the right thing to do and a good way to earn a spot on the sellers "no biz" list.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>A hypothetical question : ...... What if i bought a sealed box of the reverse proof buffalo say from a fellow forum member ...opened it and saw it with imperfections...are you then just stuck with it?

Scenario 2 : Same thing with the sealed reverse proof buffalo but this time bought from Ebay. Knowing that you bought a sealed box from the seller on Ebay when opened its with imperfections again but this time you paid via PAYPAL ...Will you have the recourse of returning this now Opened box and get your refund from Paypal?

(P.S> I know you can still buy these at the mint for the next 5 days or less ...Just trying to get your opinions on either hypothetical scenarios above... image >>

BST - if seller delivered you a sealed box and it contained what he said it would it is my opinion that he fulfilled his obligation whether are not you like the quality of what is inside.
    EBAY - Ebay has demonstrated that the buyer is always right when it comes to "item not as described" and I believe a "defective" claim would prevail for the buyer.

The only 100% guarantee that you can return what you bought is by buying it from the mint and I believe you only have seven days after receipt to do that.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    If I bought a Reverse Proof Buffalo in a "sealed box" with a no return policy (Ebay) I'd probably get a Silver Eagle and couldn't return it.....image
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A hypothetical question : ...... What if i bought a sealed box of the reverse proof buffalo say from a fellow forum member ...opened it and saw it with imperfections...are you then just stuck with it?

Scenario 2 : Same thing with the sealed reverse proof buffalo but this time bought from Ebay. Knowing that you bought a sealed box from the seller on Ebay when opened its with imperfections again but this time you paid via PAYPAL ...Will you have the recourse of returning this now Opened box and get your refund from Paypal? >>

Ethics. It's one of the things that separates us from pirates and common thieves, and allows commerce to exist. In both of your cases, the seller delivered what was advertised. Open and shut case, IMO. Whenever I sell a sealed box I make it abundantly clear in the listing/ad that there are no returns and that the value (sometimes a significant premium) of the item is due to the fact that the box is sealed, non-cherry-picked and is eligible for First Strike grading at out host, but once the box has been opened, all of the former fall out the window.

So, you could probably return the item in both of your cases and get your money back, but it would be wrong. And as John and derryb both posted, your name would be mud on these boards...
  • Options

<< <i>

Scenario 2 : Same thing with the sealed reverse proof buffalo but this time bought from Ebay. Knowing that you bought a sealed box from the seller on Ebay when opened its with imperfections again but this time you paid via PAYPAL ...Will you have the recourse of returning this now Opened box and get your refund from Paypal? >>

Ethics. It's one of the things that separates us from pirates and common thieves, and allows commerce to exist. In both of your cases, the seller delivered what was advertised. Open and shut case, IMO. Whenever I sell a sealed box I make it abundantly clear in the listing/ad that there are no returns and that the value (sometimes a significant premium) of the item is due to the fact that the box is sealed, non-cherry-picked and is eligible for First Strike grading at out host, but once the box has been opened, all of the former fall out the window.

So, you could probably return the item in both of your cases and get your money back, but it would be wrong. And as John and derryb both posted, your name would be mud on these boards... >>

Scenarion 3: it is submitted and comes back as a 68 or 69.

you don't return these type of sales unless it is immediate and in the same condition as received: the original unopened box.

and if the don't want returns, just re-sell it unopened.

otherewise, I agree, you will lose all respect on here and people won't want to do business with you.

• Options

<< <i>If I bought a Reverse Proof Buffalo in a "sealed box" with a no return policy (Ebay) I'd probably get a Silver Eagle and couldn't return it.....image >>

It is rare but the ""Mint"" has shipped me someone else's order once and another time a roll was missing from a $250 box of dollars.

It is remotely possible the wrong item is in the box. We use the ship weight and actual weight to compare with others to get some comfort.

• Options

<< <i>If I bought a Reverse Proof Buffalo in a "sealed box" with a no return policy (Ebay) I'd probably get a Silver Eagle and couldn't return it.....image >>

I can take that a step further..I would probably send the unopened Silver eagle in to get First strike..and not know what it was till it came back..
  • Options
    best to avoid sealed mint boxes unless you are willing to gamble or unless you know the seller.

However, an ebay buyer always has ebay on his side if he is not happy with what is received regardless of seller return policy. Ebay places higher value on happy buyers than they do happy sellers; it's just their business model and it works for them. Buyers make ebay successful more than sellers do. There are always more sellers than buyers on ebay, otherwise there would be no active listings. Ebay does what it has to do to keep the buyers engaged. While sellers pay the fees, the money for fees actually comes from the buyers and ebay knows this.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

So, you could probably return the item in both of your cases and get your money back, but it would be wrong. And as John and derryb both posted, your name would be mud on these boards... >>

With all the folks i dealt with in this forum i would not dream of being un-ethical. This hypothetical question actually arose because of a thread from another forum where a member claimed that when he got his order for the Reverse Proof Buffalo and he Opened it all he saw was an empty box and an invoice. He then said that he called the US Mint right away to explain what happened. According to him the US mint instructed him to return the package and the original invoice and that they will either refund his money and or replace his reverse proof buffalo. So i said WOW what if someone is dishonest enough to just try and do this... thus the hypothetical questions posted. Plus it keeps this thread going. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

(P.S> I know you can still buy these at the mint for the next 5 days or less ...Just trying to get your opinions on either hypothetical scenarios above... image >>

Scenario 1: you're not 'stuck' with it, you can sell it any time you want.

Scenario 2: Recourse for what? You received a sealed box with a gold buffalo.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

With all the folks i dealt with in this forum i would not dream of being un-ethical. This hypothetical question actually arose because of a thread from another forum where a member claimed that when he got his order for the Reverse Proof Buffalo and he Opened it all he saw was an empty box and an invoice. He then said that he called the US Mint right away to explain what happened. According to him the US mint instructed him to return the package and the original invoice and that they will either refund his money and or replace his reverse proof buffalo. So i said WOW what if someone is dishonest enough to just try and do this... thus the hypothetical questions posted. Plus it keeps this thread going. image >>

as previously mentioned, these kinds of things happen with the ""Mint."" there is a form that must be filled out and the people at the real Mint HQ handle it.

as mentioned previously, to make us feel better we compare shipping weights and actual weights. (still could be a reg. buff replaced for a RP one, but that's life in sealed boxes)

• Options

<< <i>Buying a sealed box is considered a roll of the dice unless there is a stated return option. As to recourse, maybe but even if you prevailed not IMO the right thing to do and a good way to earn a spot on the sellers "no biz" list.

John >>

Absolutely spot on!

I have sold sealed silver, gold and plats many times on FeeBay.

I state very clearly in the listing that being that the box is sealed I can make no warranty whatsoever as to the condition of the coin or even whether it's in the capsule - it's a sealed box. I also specifically note that because some of the value of the coin/set is tied to it's being in a sealed box that this is further reason why no returns are accepted. The point is that both parties take a risk. The seller risks selling a FS70 for less - and sometimes very substantially less - than the going rate for a 70FS. The buyer knows at minimum that it has not been cherry picked and that it may be a 70. This is the whole point of selling sealed coins/sets.

While I never underestimate the ability of FeeBay/PP to side with a buyer no matter how wrong he/she is, no matter how careful the wording of the add, etc. I've yet to get burned. This of course does not mean that I won't get burned.

As FeeBay fees go up and it becomes ever more hostile to sellers I try to sealed sets on the BST or direct to MCM when possible. I recently decided to sell a sealed '08W APE set. Despite that it would bring about $800 more on FeeBay, once FeeBay/PP fees, risk and hassle was factored in I sold it to MCM hassle and risk free.

Anyway, when you buy a sealed box you may well get a 70 and you may get a 69 out of the capsule. That's your risk which you must understand. As John and others have said, even if you could get PP to side with you (which I think is very likely no matter how accurate the wording of the listing) this is VERY wrong. I can tell you that if you did that to me you'd have a thread of your very own right here on the forums warning about a bad buyer and this would be very well deserved. As with anything, a buyer must understand what he/she is buying.

• Options

<< <i>

It is rare but the ""Mint"" has shipped me someone else's order once and another time a roll was missing from a $250 box of dollars.

It is remotely possible the wrong item is in the box. We use the ship weight and actual weight to compare with others to get some comfort. >>

Very true. This worries me most about sealed sets.

I run them through a security X ray device which I have access to.

If you have the opportunity, know someone, etc. an X ray tec at a hospital, a Deputy at Court, security guy/gal at a secure building, etc can simply X ray the box and you can usually tell whether the order is correct or not. Not an option for everyone, of course, but quick and easy if you have access.
  • Options

I always video the opening of items I purchase (from the Mint, eBay, whatever). I have a GoPro camera, and set it up on a mini-tripod. That way, if there is ever any discrepancy about the contents, I have proof. It may not be 100% conclusive (some may say the video can be edited) but there are ways to prove it was an original video if you are ever questioned. Once opened and confirmed, I can easily delete the video.

Nooker

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file