Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    For those searching for the RP70 DCAM, my advice it spend the $1889 with GM and you are done.

At this point you are less about $150 over USM issue, grading and postage will cost you $100-$105 for one coin (FS) - so you are splurging about $50 over.

The bad part for me is I was less than an hour away from Chicago ANA ( Day 1) and chose not to go, but to fly home early. What a mistake. I would have been on the USM line and certified coins if I went.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What do you think of them overall? Like them or not? >>

I like them. I think they look nice and will be popular.

For those that have returned coins, make sure to send a letter to USM/PBGS requesting your return postage to be refunded. Make sure to send a photocopy of your receipt showing return postage to -

United States Mint / PBGS
    2799 Reeves Road
    Plainfield, IN 46168
    Attn: Claims

You will get a check for the return postage. It takes a few weeks but they send it. >>

Thanks for this info. I have returned a few items and never thought about getting a refund for the shipping. Is this just if damaged or "changed mind" too?
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it matters. I always say damaged - because that's what always seems to be the issue with mine.
  • Options

<< <i>For those searching for the RP70 DCAM, my advice it spend the $1889 with GM and you are done.

At this point you are less about $150 over USM issue, grading and postage will cost you $100-$105 for one coin (FS) - so you are splurging about $50 over.

The bad part for me is I was less than an hour away from Chicago ANA ( Day 1) and chose not to go, but to fly home early. What a mistake. I would have been on the USM line and certified coins if I went. >>

I got one of those also. Just can't decide to cancel mint orders. Ship date is 9/8 - might be worth it to watch the gold price for a few days.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those who bought the RP 70 deal from MCM (or the GM offer) canceling their Mint orders? >>

didn't order, had no plans to buy one. However, John Maben suckered me in. image

Smart move on his part, now I'm researching all the other gold buffs listed on his website. Otherwise, I'll have to find a spot in my AGE collection for it.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just opened my 3 sets, they look ABSOLUTELY STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! (sorry caps, it is just very gorgeous). Used a really high loupe and saw no flaws, I am leaning towards all 3 being 70s. I mean the buffalo and the face looks very crisp and it's just wow, so pretty. I don't want to put this coin into the bank vault, I just want to display it next to my computer monitor lol. Starting to understand why there are people who could care less about the slab and grading.

Anyone ever have that feeling? Do you keep any of your coins just to see? Or just leave it in the bank vault and drive there to see once a week or so? >>

I do this with my UHR's, too nice to lock away!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>36,528......up 271. >>

45,000 maybe the closing number >>

More like 137,070
    Reason:
      Many bought from dealers at a huge premium = buying power for dealers.
        Gold will drop significantly next week... will hit the $800.00 mark.
          Come 9/4 and 9/5 (last day of sale), low mintage combined with the reduced price of $1,100 per coin = SALES of 50,000 coins per day. >>

Why will gold hit 800 next week? >>

Only a certain amount of air can be introduced to a bubble before it bursts. >>

I'll be more than happy to relieve you of all your gold holding @ $1k per ozimage >>

Yeah and i hear the world will end next week, oh wait that was last year. Don't hold your breath.
          PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
        1. Options
          BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those who bought the RP 70 deal from MCM (or the GM offer) canceling their Mint orders? >>

Cancelled one of my two last week.
          BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
        2. Options
          JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Are those who bought the RP 70 deal from MCM (or the GM offer) canceling their Mint orders?

I had two separate orders, which both arrived on Friday afternoon(8-23-2013). One box was kinda smashed in, so I opened it. The coin and OGP are fine. I have set it free from it's plastic holder and it is in my stack of gold. I like to hold it and feel the sharp edge on my fingertips. I will keep the other box sealed, for a future sale.

Did anyone get a confirmation email from MCM ? I got a number, but no email.
        3. Options

<< <i>Did anyone get a confirmation email from MCM ? I got a number, but no email. >>

Check your online account info at MCM

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
          - Nick Giambruno
          Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

4. Options
          GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
          I'm thinking $1,790 on Wednesday......anyone else think so?

5. Options
          nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I'm thinking $1,790 on Wednesday......anyone else think so?

>>

If I am not mistaken, is the average that should be between $1400 and $1449. I don't think it is going to happen.
          The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
        6. Options
          OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

image >>

Not gonna happen. It would have to average around $1,435 for the next 2 1/2 days
          "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
        7. Options
          HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a picture of the reverse of the Buffalo facing forward in a PCGS Buffalo Label.

Really looks cool.image
          " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
        8. Options
          <<I'm thinking $1,790 on Wednesday......anyone else think so?>>

London precious metals market is closed today, so we will only have a total of 4 days of gold prices to average. From where it stands now ($1372.50 avg for last Thurs & Fri), the next two days would have to average $1428 in order for the Mint price to increase
        9. Options
          JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
          Counter up to 37,314 10 days left.
        10. Options
          OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<I'm thinking $1,790 on Wednesday......anyone else think so?>>

London precious metals market is closed today, so we will only have a total of 4 days of gold prices to average. From where it stands now ($1372.50 avg for last Thurs & Fri), the next two days would have to average $1428 in order for the Mint price to increase I'm thinking $1,790 on Wednesday......anyone else think so? >>

You & GB.....

Me... not included.
          "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
        11. Options
          TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
          My second order on the 22nd said Ship date of 8/23. Got email today that it's B/O until 9/8.
          I ordered on the second day of this offereing and have the same ship date for it : 9/8
          I don't need patience. I need to go golfing and fishing for a few weeks.
        12. Options
          Received my reverse proof today, this coin is just gorgeous! And you get different views based on the lighting. Pictures to come in a while.

Edited to add photos:

13. Options
          CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Received my reverse proof today, this coin is just gorgeous! And you get different views based on the lighting. Pictures to come in a while. >>

I suspected they would look better in person than on the Mint website.
          Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
        14. Options
          ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Here is a picture of the reverse of the Buffalo facing forward in a PCGS Buffalo Label.

Really looks cool.image >>

Can anyone request the Black Diamond or Bison First Strike Label, or, do you have to be a dealer to get those?

I'm think of getting mine slabbed with the buffalo facing forward too...look good!
          Positive BST Transactions with:
          Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
        15. Options
          BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>doubtful it will appreciate in the next thirty years.

Really? 30 years? Gold can't go to $1700 in the next 30 years? >>

Not appreciate above bullion, whatever bullion price is in 30 years.
        16. Options
          KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone request the Black Diamond or Bison First Strike Label, or, do you have to be a dealer to get those?
          I'm think of getting mine slabbed with the buffalo facing forward too...look good! >>

Two labels are available to us common folk....the regular flag one and the bison one depicted in the sample photo.
          BTW, CS says no FS dates have been set yet for the buffalos

17. Options
        18. Options
          I called US Mint this Morning and they said the First Strike dates will be set in the next several days.
        19. Options
          3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I called US Mint this Morning and they said the First Strike dates will be set in the next several days. >>

The US Mint or PCGS? PCGS sets the cutoff date for FS.

Erik
        20. Options

image >>

Looks certain now!
        21. Options

<< <i>

image >>

Looks certain now! >>

Will have to go to $ 1,435 and stay there thru London close tomorrow to average over $ 1,400 for the increase
          " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
        22. Options
          FYI GM now shows out of stock for all PCGS labels in PF70. Either oversold or planning to increase prices.

Thanks again to John & Andy at Modern Coin Mart for locking us in at the best price with the best service.image
        23. Options

<< <i>FYI GM now shows out of stock for all PCGS labels in PF70. Either oversold or planning to increase prices. >>

They may be waiting to see what grades they actually receive before going further out on a limb.

- Nick Giambruno

24. Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Looks certain now! >>

Will have to go to $ 1,435 and stay there thru London close tomorrow to average over $ 1,400 for the increase >>

Today's London am close was $1411. for a price change tomorrow, it needs to close at $1444.

Nooker
        25. Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Looks certain now! >>

Will have to go to $ 1,435 and stay there thru London close tomorrow to average over $ 1,400 for the increase >>

Today's London am close was $1411. for a price change tomorrow, it needs to close at $1444.

Nooker >>

Thanks for your research.
        26. Options
          Mint's buffalo price will not be going down, thats all the fence dwellers need to know.

- Nick Giambruno

27. Options
          NEW COUNTER
          37,577 up only 243

28. Options

<< <i>NEW COUNTER
          37,577 up only 243 >>

And new ship date of 9/27/13
          Guess those will include the 68/69 returns. image
        29. Options
          kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>NEW COUNTER
          37,577 up only 243 >>

With 9 days left, the total will be about 50k less than my guess.
        30. Options
          goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
          In stock and reserved. Cancel box still there.

Order Date: 08/08/2013 at 02:16 PM

They bumped me from the 23rd to the 28th, but it looks like they'll deliver, at least this week some time.

31. Options
          ST now has reverse proofs presale at $ 2,199. MCM still the best price which also includes the best customer service.image
        32. Options
          nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
          Nice price on HSN Coin Vault, $4000 for a ANACS RP70. Sounds like a deal!
        33. Options
          With the ship date from the Mint changing to 9/27 I wonder if the greater chance of getting returns, missing a FS cutoff date, and possible price increase might suppress the sales going forward.
        34. Options
          kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
        35. Options
          ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
          About to fill out online PCGS submission and wanted to know what numbers to use for 1st Strike w/ Bison label(#??????) and a regular 1st Strike (520051?)?

If I want a couple mounted buffalo side on front do I just write that in on submission after printing it out?

Thx, Tim
          Positive BST Transactions with:
          Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
        36. Options

<< <i>About to fill out online PCGS submission and wanted to know what numbers to use for 1st Strike w/ Bison label(#??????) and a regular 1st Strike (520051?)?

If I want a couple mounted buffalo side on front do I just write that in on submission after printing it out?

Thx, Tim >>

I'd call PCGS.....hear if from the horse's mouth.

800-447-8848
        37. Options
          My buffalo was delivered to PCGS at 8:33am today (Tuesday 8/27) via USPS. Lets see how long it takes to log it in and send the "received" email.
          Called CS....still no dates for FS set

38. Options
          RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice price on HSN Coin Vault, $4000 for a ANACS RP70. Sounds like a deal! >>

OMG! I hope that I'm not too late to jump in on that!!

Does that include shipping?
          Land of the Free because of the Brave!
        39. Options

<< <i>ST now has reverse proofs presale at $ 2,199. MCM still the best price which also includes the best customer service.image >>

GoldMart raised prices $60 to $1949....only the 2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo NGC PF70 Early Release (Retro Black Core),
          the 2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo NGC PF70 Early Release, and the 2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo
          NGC PF70 Early Release (Bison Label) are available. The rest are out of stock/notify me.
        40. Options
          goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
          There will be plenty of these coming to market in a few weeks.

41. Options

<< <i>My buffalo was delivered to PCGS at 8:33am today via USPS. Lets see how long it takes to log it in and send the "received" email.
          Called CS....still no dates for FS set >>

Mine was delivered at 1:00pm yesterday via USPS, Aug 26th at 1:33pm
          Has not been logged in as OK yet.
          I did forget to write "Regular Service" on the box.....hope that isn't a 24 hour delay. image
        42. Options
          edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
          If there is no huge increase in orders before the window closes, I would expect these to do very well in the mid-long term. While these are no UHRDE, they are a novelty (Anniversary coin, Reverse Proof, and limited mintage window). Most importantly these are the only .9999 Fine AU coin minted by the US Mint. I expect an international appetite to develope like the UHRDE, (they prefer their gold to be fine .9999). I would expect the 53,000-63,000 mintage to become scarce in the market over time, therefore the best specimina should do well.

Has anyone seen any foreign sales solicitations on these yet? Has a foreign market developed yet?

OOPS forgot about the Spouse Purity!

(l8-)>>

43. Options
          Most importantly these are the only .9999 Fine AU coin minted by the US Mint. I expect an international appetite to develope like the UHRDE, (they prefer their gold to be fine .9999). I would expect the 53,000-63,000 mintage to become scarce in the market over time, therefore the best specimina should do well.

Don't forget Spouse gold. They are .9999.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
        Emoji
        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
        Drop image/file