Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I don't know how to get youtube so hope someone will post a link on here.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't know how to get youtube so hope someone will post a link on here. >>

PB, you just type: youtube.com in the address bar. Once there you can run a search and watch videos of almost anything.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    PB, just go to Google and enter YouTube as a keyword. That will take you to their link. Click on the link and you'll be there. In their search box enter 2009 formative doubled dies and click

enter. That should take you to whatever videos on the subject exist. Then it's just a simple click to view whichever video you select. When you're on YouTube you can view so many great

things from old TV shows to How To instructional videos. It's really a great source for entertainment and education. Have fun ... start today so you become a YouTube expert navigator.

Edited to add: I just looked to see what, if any, videos existed on this subject. There was one that was showing a "doubled thumb". From my perspective it was either an 001 or 014 (hard

to be exact with the somewhat limited view through his camera). He wasn't sure what he had based on his verbal descriptions while working the camera. He also asked if anyone had info to

contact him. Nice to see something on the formative errors posted though. Check it out!

I have never been in google but i will try it.
    It doesn't have to be Google...any search engine will do i.e. Yahoo, Explorer, etc. All you need to do is enter YouTube as a keyword and they will all take you to their site. Good luck rookie!
    Computers confuse the hell out of me when I don't know much about what I'm looking for. I got in ok but will have to try some stuff before i understand what to do in there. I grew up in the era where you could not even have a calculator in school and if you were to sneak one in it was to big to carry around anyway. Computers are very awkward to me. I don't even have a cell phone because I cant figure them out. DVR's, forget it, I gave up on them when they first came out.
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    I will post the You Tube link here so all you will have to do is click on it. The presentation is this Tuesday night. I am out of town on business on Wednesday but will do my best to upload the video to You Tube on either Wednesday night or Thursday.

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Thank Ken
    On the subject of the 2009p doubled die errors....just bought a few unopened rolls in the original (Lp2) government wrappers. I haven't received them yet but at $2.00 a pop thought they'd

be worth taking a chance even though they aren't in their original boxes. These are from a small time seller so there's a chance of something good coming out of them. I'll let you know

what treasures lie within.

The conversation about these has slowed significantly. I know we're in a holding pattern waiting for the CPG to come out next year. Are we (by that I mean YOU) still searching out and

buying more of these errors/boxes or are we in a holding pattern on that front too? I am personally very selective and conservative in my purchases lately but I'm still scouting for special

deals. I remain a doubled die-hard! These are still the most significant errors since the single squeeze method of production began...and that includes the 2011 and 2014 "fat date" errors.

Good luck to all of the "believers" ! imageimage
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>...and that includes the 2012 and 2014 "fat date" errors. >>

Don't forget Swanie. The 2 looks like a Swan to me

that's what I meant to say (now corrected in my previous post) .. the 2011 and 2014 "fat dates"...."swanie"? ok image
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    It seems like something changed around 2006, single squeeze started long before that but starting from 2006 onward there have been doubled dies that show up well with the chunky dates.

Ed
    For those of you that are still selling these on Ebay...what is your top selling item? Individually I sell my "Cracked Skull Abe" die break much more than anything else.

I haven't seen anyone else offer this one so it may be more rare than I realized.

Since this thread has gone dark for awhile....are you still actively buying the better Lp2 boxes or bank boxes to search? What's your best "volume" seller? Have you seen an increase

or decrease in sales for the Formative errors?
    Glad to see this thread pop up again as I could not find it.

I am not presently buying any but if something comes along I will be a buyer.

My present sales have been graded coins and my most popular has been the WDDR 006.

I just today sent off another 100 coins to ANACS for grading as I was starting to get short on some of the WDDR's.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a bunch of those....haven't tried to sell any yet

Here's a group

That 68 is a nice coin, I have had 350 (450 now)graded and have not come up with one of those yet.

Maybe I will get lucky with my latest submission today.

<< <i>I've got a bunch of those....haven't tried to sell any yet >>

Bunches are good. Are you saying you have bunches of errors in general or bunches of 006's or bunches of Cracked Skull Abe die breaks?

It is good to see a 68. Have you estimated its worth? 67's go for around $59-$79 so what does that translate to for a 68?

P.S. If you ever need to find this thread in the future PB, just search under "LP2" and you'll find it on top of the list.
    DUH, why didn't I think of that?

<< <i>DUH, why didn't I think of that? >>

That's called the HOF commemorative effect! image

Yeah, I am just about done with them as I only have one left, now I can get back to the 09 WDDR's.

Made some good money on those gold HOF coins.

<< <i>
    Bunches are good. Are you saying you have bunches of errors in general or bunches of 006's or bunches of Cracked Skull Abe die breaks?

It is good to see a 68. Have you estimated its worth? 67's go for around $59-$79 so what does that translate to for a 68? >>

Bunches of the lightning strike on Abe's head....(and bunches of the graded errors in general image)

No clue of the value of the 68....no interest in selling yet...got a few 67's
    67's are a great grade and if you get a 68 it is rare indeed.
    Thanks, good to know. I have 25 67's (different types) and, ummm, one 68

<< <i>Bunches of the lightning strike on Abe's head... >>

Can you provide a closeup pic? There are several die break varieties including the wddr-013d , the 076c, smoking abe, cracked skull abe, etc. For cataloging sake it's good to use

the more commonly known terms for description so we are all basically using the same language. I'd love to see what you are describing as the "lightening strike" variety...hope you

can upload a pic for us.

by the way....welcome to the discussion....image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variety is the spice of life, so being the coin geek that I am , I just wanted to share this photo of a poster by one of our own.

Just opened a new U09 satin package today and found the 2009-D Wddr-006. Occasionally I'll buy these sets when they're cheap enough and basically play the lotto. I would say it's got a

chance at ms67 if I ever send it in for grading. These are the little finds that makes collecting these fun for me. I'm trying to find all of the satin varieties in the wild but have only four of

them to date, including today's find.

I also received an Lp2 box today (free because of a $20 coupon given by Ebay). It wasn't $20 (only $12) so I left $8 on the table (you can't get the

balance left toward another purchase I found out image but you can't beat a freebie! ). I have to look up my box' error list to see what I might find in this box...

dated 4/30 @ 9:08 am #9774...anyone have that info at the ready?

I'm guessing 001's, 002's? if memory serves.
    Not at that time frame if my memory serves me right. It has to be later in the day.
    Yeah, PB, you're probably right. I just checked my log...the 8:30ish am time slots were producing 004's. It's just going on the shelf for now. Thanks for the feedback!
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwoSides that is a cool poster -- thanks for contributing. Can't tell if there are formative ddrs tho...

OneDoll -- nice new avatar. Your 4/30 box is a bit LATE in time for goodies, but ya never know.

I picked up an LP2 box last week, the first in months that has potential. May hold the massive die crack of Wddr-013b. Freakin' hard to find anymore.

Agree with PB that the 006 has been the main seller, but I have not been selling any ddrs for a while. Waiting for fall.

Nice to touch base again with fellow DDR Formatives -- CHEERS!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    Akbeez....the 13d's are found in late afternoon 4/15 or early morning 4/16 boxes from my records. Hopefully you have one that falls within those parameters. Good luck!
    Well now that the HOF fiasco is over with its time to get the 09's cranked up for the fall selling season.

I have no intention of getting involved in the Kennedy fiasco which is the mints next joke.

I had enough of their BS with the HOF coins.

<< <i>I had enough of their BS with the HOF coins. >>

But I bet you made some cash from the Mint's "BS" image
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>variety is the spice of life, so being the coin geek that I am , I just wanted to share this photo of a poster by one of our own.

image >>

Hi guy's! Been off the thread for awhile. I know who the person your talking about is. I recognize the poster, it's Chuck Daughtrey's image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

<< <i>

<< <i>I had enough of their BS with the HOF coins. >>

But I bet you made some cash from the Mint's "BS" image >>

You bet I did. I canceled the balance of the silvers I had coming as the price they are selling for is dropping daily. I sold my last silver yesterday for $91.00. The gold is where I made my money.
    Looks like he did a lot of work putting that together.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went thru my stash of 09 Mint sets a while back and sent some of the WDDR 005 and 009's I found to ANACS:

4994144 2009 D 1C FORMATIVE YEARS DD REV 65 (005)
    4994145 2009 D 1C FORMATIVE YEARS DD REV 67 (005)
    4994146 2009 D 1C FORMATIVE YEARS DD REV 67 (005)
    4994147 2009 D 1C FORMATIVE YEARS DD REV 68 (005)
    4994148 2009 D 1C FORMATIVE YEARS DD REV 66 (009)

I thought this thread was dead. Guess not.

<< <i>I thought this thread was dead. Guess not. >>

we apparently went back into hibernation, haha... nice batch of satin finish errors Manorcourtman. I'm working on putting together a subset of these errors but keeping them raw for

now...about 1/2 way there. It's a slow process searching the '09 special mint sets U09 for these errors but it's fun.
    I have a whole bunch of mint sets I have not even looked through yet mainly because these are much harder to see.

And I am too lazy.

<< <i>
    I have a whole bunch of mint sets I have not even looked through yet mainly because these are much harder to see. >>

They're not hard to see, especially the better ones.

<< <i>And I am too lazy. >>

That's more accurate..haha

They're not that prevalent in these sets. Look at Wexler's site for the satin finish Denver mint errors and you'll see how few there are. I've searched quite a few and would say that maybe

one in ten sets might have an error. That's the lottery aspect of collecting these. Ultimately these errors will be more valuable because of the scarcity, the copper content,

and the limited edition status. Not sure what the rarest one is because there's no way to gauge it with other collectors but there is a doubled thumb image

Get to it PB! Need to know what you've been unknowingly holding onto all of these years! imageimage
    I have a few of them for sure and I still have that one PR69 001.
    What is amazing to me is how the flow of good boxes dried up completely about 5 months ago.

You would always see a few good boxes appear every week for sale on ebay but they shut off all of a sudden.

I look every day and want to buy but there is nothing available.

I know there is interest out there because my supply of graded coins keep selling and i even had to send in another 100 last week for grading.
    We will see if there is any interest in these coins at the present time.

I know i have been selling MS 67 quite regularly and but not many 65' or 66's.

I will put up 4 different ANACS MS 65's tonight WDDR 001, 006, 016, and 050.

I also will put up 4 different ANACS MS 66's WDDR 006,025,043, and 050.

These will be on 5 day listings and will have a low starting price.

Watch for them.
    I've noticed fewer and fewer LP2 P bank rolls available. These may turn out to be better than the LP4 P someday
    They had to run out sometime.

The supply ended last winter and there has been almost nothing since.

It sure was a fun ride for 5 years.

Yes...a fun ride indeed. Still waiting at the bus stop for the CPG express to show up.
    I hope you brought your winter coat!

<< <i>I hope you brought your winter coat! >>

Haha...yep, gonna be a long cold wait....

In the meantime we'll just keep looking for the cherry picks that are now so few and far between.

Keep the faith doubled die-hards! imageimage

<< <i>Still waiting at the bus stop for the CPG express to show up. >>

Last published in Dec '08, with Lincoln cents up to 2000. At that time it was 8 years behind.

Fast forward to 2014; book is 6 years old, and Lincoln Cents are now 14 years behind.

We can only hope that this long delay has allowed the next volume to become reasonably current to it's publication date.
    How can they possibly put out the CPG without including the major errors of the 2009 P's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file