Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one from them Pitboss. A quick scan and I saw no end roll errors. Will get into them tomorrow on my day off.
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    What number or date was on the box PB?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought one from them Pitboss. A quick scan and I saw no end roll errors. Will get into them tomorrow on my day off. >>

I checked 4 rolls out of the 2nd box which scanned nothing and found 1 WDDR 028. That was it, That box had no identifying numbers on it .
    I have heard back from several of you guys who saw those boxes and decided to pass on them.

As I said before I can understand why you would do that as most of these boxes contain nothing but good old penny's and at today prices are not even worth that.

I will check the second box to some extent but most likely they are all headed for the credit union.

I also will finish going through the 1st box and tell you what I came up with.
    Up date on that good box.

Eight rolls with 032 on the end

Three rolls with 025 on the end

Nineteen rolls left to open

Twenty rolls opened with:

150 WDDR 032 and 72 WDDR 025.

• Well thats a nice bit o money to be made there so far Mr. Boss Finger
    I opened the other 19 rolls this morning.

The total for the 39 rolls I opened is 282 WDDR 032 and 132 WDDR 025.

The last 19 rolls were very spotty on the 025.

Anyone want to buy the 11 rolls with the errors on the end?
    I Like the looks of this.

Skeleton MS67
    great score PB. I have enough of these errors myself so I don't need to buy anymore but I'm sure you'll do well on Ebay with them. I'll be looking through some of my rolls today and

hoping for some PB type of luck. imageimage
  • Ok Papi what about the coin you posted a link on?
    That's a great price!
  • what should a coin like that sell for IYO?
    I was simply commenting at the level of interest in high grade specimens.

Of course the "Skeleton" is the best know right now, but 043 and 051 run a close second.

I also think it's beneficial to the series to have the "Skeleton" distinction on the label.

The 001 is known as the "Sixth Finger", the 002 as "Double Thumb", and the 025 as the "Double Pinky".

Maybe the naming convention for the others should be the discover's last name; as an example 043 might be the "Wexler Finger" ?
    The Ebay "sold" history shows only one previous sale...$69....as an accepted offer. That was a good price! I would suspect with all of the momentum currently going on, this one should sell

for around $89 or possibly more. I've been watching the listing too.

<< <i>Of course the "Skeleton" is the best know right now, but 043 and 051 run a close second. >>

I agree that these are super errors but there has been such a saturation of the 043's from treazure.chest that it somewhat diminishes its value due to the volume found (like the 002's).

<< <i>I agree that these are super errors but there has been such a saturation of the 043's from treazure.chest that it somewhat diminishes its value due to the volume found (like the 002's). >>

High grade specimens of the 043 may not be plentiful just because he's sold a lot of them.

There are many stages of the Skeleton, suggesting the number of strikes would make it as abundant, or more so, as you suggest the 043 is.
  • I was just taking a pic of a 001 and my cat ( a 9lbs calico) just walked up and smacked it for no reason, what gives. My cat is seriously strange takes after her human...lol
    Post the cat
  • I think she is planning something..........
    How about my 22 pound cat.Text

I'm not as good with pictures as John is but this is a monster.

<< <i>How about my 22 pound cat.Text >>

Cute. Weighs more than my dog. image
    PB is that the other box you bought; "(36) ROLLS LIQUIDATION SALE" ?
  • My cats name is Freckles, She looks so posed, prim and proper in the first pic. I used to have a 32lbs Long hair male main coon all muscle he lived to be 22 years old. Freckles is alot more like a dog than a cat except for the independence thing, she barks and walks on a leash. I am getting better with the new rig just have to get some fine tuning done and get some good lights.

<< <i>PB is that the other box you bought; "(36) ROLLS LIQUIDATION SALE" ? >>

Didn't take you long to see that Papi.

Yes it is.
  • hey what do you think of my little saying under my name?
    Looks good!
    Great pic. Once you get the lighting down you'll rival the web sites.
  • Waiting on better lights right now maybe tomorrow I hope. I am getting to much reflection off the surfaces of these MS 70 just kidding more like MS68 cents. It is hard to get the proper color and surface with the coin being so reflective.
  • Let me know if this is correct as I believe it to be usefull to new and old on here:

NUMBER 1:
    Wexler WDDR-006
    Coneca DDR-009
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-002
    Crawford CDDR-009
    CPG FS-01-2009-808

NUMBER 2:
    Wexler WDDR-001
    Coneca DDR-002
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-017
    Crawford CDDR-002
    CPG FS-01-2009-803

NUMBER 3:
    Wexler WDDR-002
    Coneca DDR-001
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-007
    Crawford CDDR-001
    CPG FS-01-2009-802

NUMBER 4:
    Wexler WDDR-050
    Coneca DDR- ?
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-097
    Crawford CDDR-049
    CPG FS-01-2009-804

NUMBER 5:
    Wexler WDDR-051
    Coneca DDR- ?
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-096
    Crawford CDDR-?

NUMBER 6:
    Wexler WDDR-043
    Coneca DDR- ?
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-037
    Crawford CDDR-036
    CPG FS-01-2009-801

NUMBER 7:
    Wexler WDDR-014
    Coneca DDR- 021
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-012
    Crawford CDDR-021

NUMBER 8:
    Wexler WDDR-062
    Coneca DDR- ?
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR- 098
    Crawford CDDR- ?

NUMBER 9:
    Wexler WDDR-025
    Coneca DDR- 026
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-024
    Crawford CDDR-026
    CPG FS-01-2009-805

NUMBER 10:
    Wexler WDDR-060
    Coneca DDR- 060
    Coppercoins 2009-1DR-050
    Crawford CDDR-046
    Well I somewhat disagree with the LCR list, because they chose to omit a CPG assigned example; but it's a professional recognition.

The professionals that seem to be ignoring them are our host and NGC.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about my 22 pound cat.Text

I'm not as good with pictures as John is but this is a monster. >>

Hey PB, undoubtedly that monster has 6 toes? Six-fingered poody (cats) are always way cool -- and certainly relevant to the discussion.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    That 22 pounds was last January weight. He weighs more than that now. It's all I can do to lift him up.

I agree with Papi that Johns list is not accurate.
    I haven't been paying that close attention to rankings but I have to say after looking at that one....the 060 beat out the 016? Say what???
  • well what would you change lets get it in the right order as I pulled this info from a site dedicated to lincoln cents and they seem to be a good resource.
    I don't like the 60 at all. The 014 is better than the 16 or 60 in my opinion.
  • this list it seems was a list based on pricing.
    What pricing?
  • probably based on their experience and Wexler. I will ask but I dont know if I will get a response
    The pricing of the 02 should not be on there because you can only get give away sales on them.

It is one of the nicer coins but there are just too many of them out there.

The 001 and 006 are the only 2 of the LP2 sets that make the list in my opinion.
  • july 2008:

I found the first known example of this variety, but that was the only one in the roll. The mint boxes it was found in was dated 5/5. I am aware of a few folks who found others, but not very many at all have been reported.

He found one in a 5/5 box has anyone else?

<< <i> don't like the 60 at all. The 014 is better than the 16 or 60 in my opinion. >>

PB, The 014 was on the list...the 016 wasn't. How anyone would rank the 060 in a top ten list is beyond me. The 032 and several others not listed are, in my opinion, better than the 060.

There's not enough sales history/data to analyze every error's true value but we do have enough combined experience and knowledge as to which are the more rare/unique/valuable.

I think we could all agree that the 002, as cool and dramatic as it is, simply is too common to command a premium price.

One that doesn't get enough play is the 007 with the 002 obverse found only in the Lp2 boxes. Take a good look at that one. It may be more rare than we think. It's time to re-evaluate its

importance in the series.

The 002 is deemed "common" but that's why I think it has wings. It may be the most likely to be found in circulation -- just like Wheaties once were.

Don't under estimate the coin that the common person can find. I think $6 is a very reasonable price on these -- unlike a Wheatie, these are a very limited group.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • thank you for that insight One Dollar I would like to work on an accurate list as I am going to start putting together that booklet/pamphlet on this series and want to be as accurate as possible. off to bed for me now.
    "The 002 is deemed "common" but that's why I think it has wings."

<< <i>Don't under estimate the coin that the common person can find. I think $6 is a very reasonable price on these >>

Akbeez...I don't see anyone getting $6 for these anymore. I have a listing for ten of them on Ebay as a package starting at $2 ea. with a buy it now for $3 ea. .... no bids (second time

listed) and I'm a seller with a 100% feedback score ...

It may be the quiet before the storm (awaiting the new CPG publication highlighting these doubled dies) but as of right now there's not a lot of interest in the 002.

I totally agree OneDoll, but when these get more exposure (Red Book, regular edition), watch them grow.

My point is don't sell them cheap now. If I was a young numismatist, I would be going thorough rolls seeking these, just like I did with the wheats.
    Point taken. imageimage
    Oh I forgot, image. I actually sold two last week for $5.99 each. It's not fiction.

eBay sale
    I have always liked the 002 as it was the first 09 error I ever found and like most of you guys have more than my share of them but then again I have more than my share of all the good ones. It has taken me a lot of hard work and money to be in the position I am in today and refuse to give away what I have for next to nothing so if they don,t go up in price in my lifetime someone in my family will reap the benefit in their lifetime.

<< <i>july 2008:

I found the first known example of this variety, but that was the only one in the roll. The mint boxes it was found in was dated 5/5. I am aware of a few folks who found others, but not very many at all have been reported.

He found one in a 5/5 box has anyone else? >>

Found what? In 2008? These weren't released 'til 2009.

<< <i>Hey PB, undoubtedly that monster has 6 toes? Six-fingered poody (cats) are always way cool -- and certainly relevant to the discussion. >>

When I was a kid I had a cat that had 7 toes on all four feet.

Her name was Tuffy, cause she growled like a lioness.

She had several litters and all the kitties also had 7 toes.

She was killed by a car. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file