Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Jesse...it's not a huge deal but Pitboss has not only been a believer from the start but also a much more involved contributor than you to the conversation along the way.

You shouldn't show such disrespect to Pitboss, "The Godfather" . Why do you show such disrespect on the day of his daughter's wedding?

Mamma Mia! I just hope you don't own any horses!

On another subject, wish me luck on today's purchase of another bank box. image When will I find the Big One? 006 with the major obverse and reverse die cracks????

imageimage
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Guys, my computer is all screwed up today. First it took forever to change pages on the forum then AOL bit the dust on me and the print on the computer is so small I can not even read it. I will need to take it o the genius bar at apple to get it squared away because I know $hit from shinola about computers.
    Pitboss.. if your computer has "time machine" on it simply go back to the last day your computer was working fine. It will automatically restore and you won't lose any data previous. Also,

this website was very slow for me too but another thread suggested installing (free) adlock plus programming. I did that and instantly was back up to speed. Try it before you pay someone

at the geek outlet. Might save you a few bucks and some valuable Ebay scrolling time! Good luck!
  • I did not even know AOL still existed. I sent pitboss some links to help him out. The ad block worked for me but I am on a pc running firefox
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jesse...it's not a huge deal but Pitboss has not only been a believer from the start but also a much more involved contributor than you to the conversation along the way.

You shouldn't show such disrespect to Pitboss, "The Godfather" . Why do you show such disrespect on the day of his daughter's wedding?

Mamma Mia! I just hope you don't own any horses!

>>

Sorry, I didn't know you wore your panties so tight. I can only hope you would forgive me for such an aggregious offense. image
  • okok who needs a tissue do I need to call 9 wha wha
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, I didn't know you wore your panties so tight. >>

• It's a speedo ok evero one in europe wares them even if you are 400lbs.....image
    post # 2009...image That calls for a doubled thumbs up! imageimage
    I'm back! Went to see the boys down at Apple and they fixed me up for free again. I'm one of their best non paying customers.

Jesse, congrats on posting #2000, now on to #3000.
  • I am gladd some one was able to fix you pitboss lol so you got some boxes for me say a 4/17 for like 17.96 including shipping?
  • Hey I found this today and it just does not look right, does anyone see what I am seeing?
    I just opened up 8 4/17 boxes a couple of months ago.

Found two of the rolls with 002 on the end, kept them, and opened up the others.

Found a bunch of 001 and 002's.

Don/t usually buy those boxes as I have plenty of 001 and 002 but they came with some 4/23 bpxes so could not refuse them.

<< <i>Hey I found this today and it just does not look right, does anyone see what I am seeing?
    image >>

Fingernail polish on a 002? WOW!
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jesse...it's not a huge deal but Pitboss has not only been a believer from the start but also a much more involved contributor than you to the conversation along the way.

Mamma Mia! I just hope you don't own any horses! >>

?? Inside joke? Posting poofed? I saw no 'dis, bro's. Let's Kum By Ya a few rounds with a couple "extra fingers" worth. (to stay on topic)
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey I found this today and it just does not look right, does anyone see what I am seeing?
    >>

Fingernail polish on a 002? WOW! >>

Canadian Formative version of she-Lincoln (colorized)? Copycats.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • ok so here is my question, are these the only dates that cointain errors of any kind? 4/17, 4/23, 4/27, 4/28, 4/29, 4/30

<< <i>ok so here is my question, are these the only dates that cointain errors of any kind? 4/17, 4/23, 4/27, 4/28, 4/29, 4/30 >>

To answer in the simplest terms; no

<< <i>To answer in the simplest terms; no >>

In re-reading some of the early posts in this thread yesterday I was reminded of my own shortcomings that Papi was more than happy to point out...such as not searching bank boxes and

limiting the major errors I would find as a result. My biggest scores from a bank box to date were the Wddr-016 and 025's . There are also Lp2 box dates and times noted in this and other related

threads that would be helpful to you Lostincoins. Go through these threads and make notes. It will make your searches that more precise on the Lp2 boxes and save you money by

avoiding the duds. The bank boxes are still a crap shoot (mostly crap) this late in the game as others have pointed out. Good luck in your research and future searches!

imageimage
  • thank you appreciate it.
    What is a good buy price for a 4/28 box? oh mail is here yippy

<< <i> I was reminded of my own shortcomings that Papi was more than happy to point out >>

Curious, has my advice been construed as other than what it was intended, or am I reading into this statement?
  • stop reading and look at my new find. Explain again why I would not find different errors in a string and son bank box that are a mix of bank bags ?image
    They come off the presses into bins and are then shipped out in million coin lots to others who then roll them. There could not be as many errors as you are finding in any one box. I have seen 3 or 4. The bins fill up and are replaced with new bins before that many dies could have been replaced.

<< <i>Curious, has my advice been construed as other than what it was intended, or am I reading into this statement? >>

No to the first part of your question and Yes to the second part.

Your input has always been constructive, educational, and direct to the point Papi...

You have been one of the strongest contributors to the conversation and promotion through the years. No one would question your intentions. Nor should someone question mine.

P.S. I mentioned purchasing a bank box on Ebay yesterday. I wouldn't have purchased any without Papi's advice/insistence earlier in this thread that I needed to in order to find errors

not found in the Lp2 boxes. My best finds...Wddr-016, 025, and 076 stage C die crack reverse. This new box was purchased from a seller that mostly deals in jewelry and has no listings

for errors (another point Papi made about avoiding obvious recycled/rewrapped coins) . I'll let everyone know if it happens to be a winner for errors. Wish me luck. Thanks Papi !

• I have found $ different errors in the bank box. The others came from the $80.00 box and from these boxes so maybe some confusion as to where they came from sorry about that.
    It will get more and more confusing as you purchase more and more if you don't record the date/time of each box with what was found inside that particular box before moving on to the

next. I use simple sheets of paper that I have in a folder. I can cross reference most dates when I'm shopping to make sure they fall within the date/time parameters for the best errors.

Bank boxes are a little different but you can make a note of the seller, number the box, and record your findings just in case you want to go back to that source for more. I have not

found all of the "keys" yet. That's why I keep records...to avoid pitfalls ... That's part of the fun of the search...right??? Keep believing and searching! imageimage
    After 4 1/2 years it finally happened. I opened an LP2 box to find that it had been resealed.

Not only that, the despicable fraudster took 5 coins from the P roll and just folded over the end.

Didn't even try to replace what was taken, or even try to make it look like it wasn't opened.

The problem, it was bought so long ago, I don't even know who sold it to me.

• That sucks Papi!!! I guess I am lucky in that reguard because I have just started buying these boxes.
    I bought a 4/17 box a couple of months ago that was supposed to be unopened and the end had been opened .

I took the roll out and it had a 001 on the end of the roll.

That sure surprised me as I thought I had a bad one but it turned out it came from coins left by the guys father.
  • what is a good price for the 4/28 and 4/30 boxes I don't want to be over paying for them?
    That guy with the 4/30 boxes has had them up before ( same picture ). You are bidding on one box only in that auction and the times are not that great on any of them. $12.00

The 4/28 boxes are a weak date and I would not bid high on them either.
  • I am negotiating a deal with a guy right now that is why I am asking he does not have any of the key dates listed. I will be getting 5 4/28 and 5 4/30 boxes. I wanted to know so I do not pay this guy to much. would 140.00 be good for all including shipping?
    Depends on the times on those 4/30 boxes.

If not early morning times it will be like throwing money out the window.

The 4/28 are a hit and miss deal, sometimes chicken sometimes feathers.

Hard call without knowing the times on the 4/30 boxes.

Anybody else with their 2 cents worth or in this case $140 worth?
  • both dates are early to mid morning and it is 5 4/28 and 4 4/30 I am just going to get them and hope my luck holds for some decent errors . I did good on that $80.00 box with the 9 006 errors
    Yea you did and I hope your luck keeps up. We have all spent many thousands of dollars chasing these great coins.imageimage
  • It is only fair I spend some $ alsoimageimageimage
    Lost,

In all honesty, there is a high degree of competition for these boxes. There are many of us on the forums AND lurkers who want exactly what you are looking for -- not just in the last month but for several years. You have been advised by many on this forum to do your homework to find for yourself the good dates and times. The clues are out there for those who seek.

To expect everyone to just fess up to our long-enduring and articulate homework over the last 4 years is just not going to happen. As these become more and more scarce, there will be more competition. It would be great if everyone posted their findings, but in reality it is not realistic when $$ are at stake as the values rise.

On the other hand, your zest for learning and interest is definitely inspiring for all of those on the forums. THANK YOU for your contributions -- as well as all others. You WILL get help for basic questions on the varieties. But the future is bright for this series and we all are watching carefully as it unfolds. Welcome to the HUNT!

Cheers -- AK

• I know the dates and times are good that has already been established. I wanted to figure out a good price for the boxes so I bought them. I have no problems with posting my findings as it will help other new people to this series and will create some excitement. I am getting 9 boxes and will document them here for all to see. As silly as this sounds the money is not a concern to me, if I am doing the right things the money will follow it always has been this way for me. If others want to lurk/hide good for them they can learn from my posts also. The more knowledge imparted to these fairly new errors the better for all those hoarding right now as prices will continue to go up but that will only happen with more supported exposure. I am going to bed now because for once I am tired and it is 12:30 am here. Good night and thanks all who are helping me and any others in need of help.imageimageimage
  • 4/28 box P roll 4 005 found today time on box 13:59 Nice high ms coins tuition paid cost of box 25.00
  • Thanks for posting that find lostincoins. I have recorded the date and time stamp and will make sure I don't buy the same

thanks
  • Yep that is a bad time for those but from what I understand they are all hit and miss. But I will be staying away from that time also.
    I, myself, do not buy any 4/28 boxes. Have already paid my tuition and have warned everyone here on them.
  • this si what I was told was good to buy how should I adjust this list?
    4/17 all day
    4/23 7 am to 1 pm
    4/27 most all day 001 and 002
    4/28 good off and on mostly 992
    4/29 morning and early afternoon
    4/30 early morning 001 002
    List is spot on in my opinion especially for a new person just getting started.

It is an opportunity for someone to pick up the basic coins that we collected 4 years ago.

They are still out there although not in the quantity they once were.

The $25 mint boxes containing the bulk of the errors are few and far between now and very expensive to chase after.

You can burn yourself out in a heartbeat chasing errors in them and lose interest in collecting them.

My advise on them is to pick up full rolls of those coins as they are still fairly cheap, but not for much longer.

Stick with the errors that currently have cherry pickers numbers assigned to them.

Lecture over.

Have a great Thanksgiving everybody and don't eat too much turkey.

imageimage
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Folks-

I have not followed this topic in detail.

I would very much appreciate any info on whether my four LP2 boxes might contain any goodies.

They are all marked: 9883 08:01 04/24/09

Thanks very much for any info!!

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>Hi Folks-

I have not followed this topic in detail.

I would very much appreciate any info on whether my four LP2 boxes might contain any goodies.

They are all marked: 9883 08:01 04/24/09

Thanks very much for any info!!

Happy Thanksgiving. >>

See the list a couple of spots above yours and that about sums it up.

<< <i>See the list a couple of spots above yours and that about sums it up. >>

Not all the good ones. image
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.

What a bummer - surrounded by good dates.

It's interesting how they skipped around days with the same errors.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

<< <i>See the list a couple of spots above yours and that about sums it up. >>

Not all the good ones. image >>

You are right Papi, most of the good ones come in the mint boxes not the LP2's but collectors can get started easier with the LP2 sets because all the known good coins are listed there.
  • Where am I blanking on this? the white 2 roll one P and one D mint roll LP2, these are mint boxes right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file