Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home Sweet Home. Thanks......................Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>Back in service.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >>

Much appreciated.

merse

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Onward through the fog... image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Sir.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Major dump on the 70 sets on ebay. PCGS MS 70s falling to the $1850s. If they fall in the $1600s I will jump back in. At that point dealers will be giving them away JMHO. This is not a good time to sell these sets. Holding my unopened sets so far.
  • Options
    I noticed prices had fallen in the last week.

NGC 70 sets are available around $1600.

..............and thanks for the return of the thread! image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Thank you Mr. Willis for restoring the thread image.

<< <i>PCGS MS 70s falling to the $1850s. If they fall in the $1600s I will jump back in. At that point dealers will be giving them away at that point JMHO. This is not a good time to sell these sets. Holding my unopened sets so far. >>

I'm with you pf... I think we have a legitimate shot of seeing $1600 on them quite soon. Personally I'm looking to buy 2 sets of the Mercanti's and 2 sets of the flag labels if pcgs 70 sets approach $1500/$1600. I don't believe in playing the label game, but if those sets actually hit $1600ea I'm going to buy them.

My stack of boxes is probably going to sit in the corner until the FUN show at this point...
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    So how many ASE collectors were turned off by the mints inablitlity to handle orders on the day of sale and decided to stop collecting the series? Guess we won't know til next year when the 2012 ASE proofs come out. Do you think this was a major turn off to the collectors?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So how many ASE collectors were turned off by the mints inablitlity to handle orders on the day of sale and decided to stop collecting the series? Guess we won't know til next year when the 2012 ASE proofs come out. Do you think this was a major turn off to the collectors? >>

Turn off - yes. stop collecting - no, only creates more demand.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>sealed sets - Xray confirmed image >>

"I will include the X-ray with the package for the new owner."

Talk about added value! image Marketing taken to a new level. Perhaps this will start a trend where every other "Ask Seller A Question" for sealed mint 'stuff' will be
    "Do you have an X-ray of the contents and will you include it if I hit the BIN?

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So how many ASE collectors were turned off by the mints inablitlity to handle orders on the day of sale and decided to stop collecting the series? Guess we won't know til next year when the 2012 ASE proofs come out. Do you think this was a major turn off to the collectors? >>

Turn off - yes. stop collecting - no, only creates more demand. >>

However, I can see this causing the Mint to again limit distribution of popular items and how many they mint. I could also see them just start minting according to demand for a specific period of time.
  • Options
    Because of super imposed images, xraying coins can be difficult if there are multiple sets in a single box.
  • Options

<< <i>Thank you Mr. Willis for restoring the thread . >>

Yes, thank you!!!!!!! image

Now fellow poster, lets show some respect and gratitude to Mr. Willis and CU by playing nice in their backyard.
  • Options
    Yay the wealth of information is back!
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes. Major dump on the 70 sets on ebay. PCGS MS 70s falling to the $1850s. If they fall in the $1600s I will jump back in. At that point dealers will be giving them away JMHO. This is not a good time to sell these sets. Holding my unopened sets so far. >>

Ya, I think holding sealed sets right now is smart. In the next couple months they will go up I think.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, question.........maybe obvious to some but not meimage

Can someone please explain why the PCGS sets 70's First strike going down in price?

Do you think they will go up. or down?

Thanks
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's evident why this is myspace, facebook, twitter and chat room all rolled into one. Thanks for restoring myFaith, Mr Willis.
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Dad put this thread in time out for a while. However, I respected Dad before and do so even more now. Thanks, Mr. Willis.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, question.........maybe obvious to some but not meimage

Can someone please explain why the PCGS sets 70's First strike going down in price?

Thanks >>

Well if your talking about the black labels they flooded the market and now that the real collector red flag labels come out I expect the prices of these to go up. Since this morning MANY red flag labels have been added, will now beable to get a gauge of the market for these in the next day. Reverse proof 70 already at 610 in a 24 hr auction with 8 hrs to go. The S is of course close behind in the 400's 70dcm one is around 150 . Will be a fun weekend to see the red flag labels take over and where the sets end up going Hang On for the Ride.................Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Thanks >>

ECON101 (or was it 102?) Supply and Demand. Now go count how many 70 sets are on eBay right now.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Well, getting in my order by 5:19, I finally got mine on the 28th. I did not submit it so I opened it up. I think it's a wonderful set, presented very well by the mint. It will be kept with my 20th Anniversary set to be enjoyed without any conflicting grades. I did have a chance to order 5 sets, but 1 is all that I wanted. Plain vanilla here.
    Paul
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Well if your talking about the black labels they flooded the market and now that the real collector red flag labels come out I expect the prices of these to go up. Since this morning MANY red flag labels have been added, will now beable to get a gauge of the market for these in the next day. Reverse proof 70 already at 610 in a 24 hr auction with 8 hrs to go. The S is of course close behind in the 400's 70dcm one is around 150 . Will be a fun weekend to see the red flag labels take over and where the sets end up going Hang On for the Ride.................Enjoy image >>

Thank you very muchimage

Mine are the red flag labels. I thought to put it out for a 2 day sale Sat-Sunday.... good or bad idea?

• Options
    Are you doing an auction? If so, that would be fine in IMOP. I believe a BIN/Best Offer has a minimum of 3 days.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you doing an auction? If so, that would be fine in IMOP. I believe a BIN/Best Offer has a minimum of 3 days. >>

Yes, I thought to do an auction, starting at .99 List it for this Sunday and ending this Sunday.
    Maybe its worth waiting to see if the collector flag goes up in value?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Are you doing an auction? If so, that would be fine in IMOP. I believe a BIN/Best Offer has a minimum of 3 days. >>

Yes, I thought to do an auction, starting at .99 List it for this Sunday and ending this Sunday.
    Maybe its worth waiting to see if the collector flag goes up in value? >>

List and end in the same day?????
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

List and end in the same day????? >>

Oops, typoimage
    2 day auction ending Sundayimage

• Options

<< <i>

Thanks >>

Well if your talking about the black labels they flooded the market and now that the real collector red flag labels come out I expect the prices of these to go up. Since this morning MANY red flag labels have been added, will now beable to get a gauge of the market for these in the next day. Reverse proof 70 already at 610 in a 24 hr auction with 8 hrs to go. The S is of course close behind in the 400's 70dcm one is around 150 . Will be a fun weekend to see the red flag labels take over and where the sets end up going Hang On for the Ride.................Enjoy image >>

I don't think one can get a meaningful comparison of the prices until demand for each has stabilized. There is always a spike when things are introduced. We may have to wait until January to determine the true value of each label.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Don!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oops, typoimage
    2 day auction ending Sundayimage >>

So, you would list Friday night to have it end on Sunday night. I believe is may be one of the better weekends to list - coming off a 4 day weekend, most people will be home.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

it's back on, thanks to Don! image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭
    Got my UPS package today!

But for some reason they charged me $87 for GST (I'm in Canada) and brokerage, even though pure silver is exempt from import duties/taxes coming into Canada, grr!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks >>

I don't think one can get a meaningful comparison of the prices until demand for each has stabilized. There is always a spike when things are introduced. We may have to wait until January to determine the true value of each label. >>

I agree. If people are willing to ride out the wave of graded orders that are going to flood Ebay in the next couple of weeks, I think once the dust settles, the real value can be gauged.
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>sealed sets - Xray confirmed image >>

"I will include the X-ray with the package for the new owner."

Talk about added value! image Marketing taken to a new level. Perhaps this will start a trend where every other "Ask Seller A Question" for sealed mint 'stuff' will be
    "Do you have an X-ray of the contents and will you include it if I hit the BIN? >>

A novelty at best. It does draw interest toward it. Doesn't mean that the sets will look like that when they arrive at your front door. image
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Oops, typoimage
    2 day auction ending Sundayimage >>

That would be a first, since eBay does not have a 2 day auction option....1, 3, 5, 7, 10
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Double post!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That would be a first, since eBay does not have a 2 day auction option....1, 3, 5, 7, 10 >>

Thanks OPA. I couldn't remember what an auction's time frame was other than it seemed the BIN sale was a minimum of 3 days (at least it was for me for the last 3 BIN I did).

So, it looks like he could list on Saturday and end on Sunday. Otherwise, it will have to be listed on Thursday. >>

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my graded coins in the mail today. Maybe it's just me, but I've always preferred the way the normal PCGS holders look in comparison to the First Strike holders... I also like them way better than those black and white special holders... of course, saving the grading fees was nice too:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats.
    Now, do the experiment we have all been waiting for but too chicken to do ourselves.....see what they sell for and if the FS price is worth it or not image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    illini420

You may have the rarest label out there. image
  • Options
    i prefer the look of the plain label myself but got the flag label for sale value.

i got my coins back a week ago and the OGP showed up today. Dang those boxes are HUGE!!! slabs really do fit in nice.

here`s a quick shot with my phone.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Apmex finally has something to sell.

OGP @$999
    MS69 @ $1495 image
    MS70 @ $2195

Sadly, I still have nothing to sell. Still waiting. image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats.
    Now, do the experiment we have all been waiting for but too chicken to do ourselves.....see what they sell for and if the FS price is worth it or not image >>

Ok, what the heck... I listed them on eBay as Buy it Nows since I think the fees are a little less that way vs. auction... we'll see if anyone pulls the trigger and/or makes a reasonable offer on them image

• Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    My 2nd box of 2 just got shipped today! image

Now... How to sell them.
  • Options

<< <i>Apmex finally has something to sell.

OGP @$999
    MS69 @ $1495 image
    MS70 @ $2195

Sadly, I still have nothing to sell. Still waiting. image >>

I don't think they will keep them at those prices very long. I am sure the only activity they are getting now is the symphony of crickets in the call center. image
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Apmex finally has something to sell.

OGP @$999
    MS69 @ $1495 image
    MS70 @ $2195

Sadly, I still have nothing to sell. Still waiting. image >>

I don't think they will keep them at those prices very long. I am sure the only activity they are getting now is the symphony of crickets in the call center. image >>

• Options
    What are the deadlines for NGC and PCGS for the Firsst Strike and Early release labels? I'm getting conflicting answers from 2 collectors I spoke tonight.
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    FS deadline is Dec. 7 for PCGS
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    Question for those that have gotten back their graded coins- I just received notice from PCGS that my mint pkg are shipping back- how long until the coins are graded? The coins were logged in the 22nd.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file