Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS received my sets over a week ago. Should I have received my OGP from them by now?
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS received my sets over a week ago. Should I have received my OGP from them by now? >>

They received mine on 11/14/11 and shipped them on 11/18/11. Does anything show on your submission status? Mine showed a separate order# with the same submission # with number of items being 1. Maybe Thanksgiving and the volume of orders have backed up the OGP shipments.

Hope you get good news this week.

BTW, the box is going to be large and heavy. Dimensions are 16"(H) x 12"(L) x 12"(W) with a weight of 13.5 lbs. I think when people see the large box and weight, they will see why there was a charge to return them.
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS received my sets over a week ago. Should I have received my OGP from them by now? >>

They received mine on 11/14/11 and shipped them on 11/18/11. Does anything show on your submission status? Mine showed a separate order# with the same submission # with number of items being 1. Maybe Thanksgiving and the volume of orders have backed up the OGP shipments.

BTW, the box is going to be large and heavy. Dimensions are 16"(H) x 12"(L) x 12"(W) with a weight of 13.5 lbs. I think when people see the large box and weight, they will see why there was a charge to return them. >>

Here are some pics I took of the five OGP boxes I received back from PCGS. Just for perspective and to see what to expect. I just listed it on Ebay and remove it just to show the pics.

I am not sure how to add pics to my message. It limits images to 50K size. Is there another way of add pics? Please help.

OGP boxes
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    So at this point which one are folks doing? Holding on to their Sealed US Mint boxed sets or are planning to just buy the TPG graded setsimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not sure how to add pics to my message. It limits images to 50K size. Is there another way of add pics? Please help. >>

Try this. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am not sure how to add pics to my message. It limits images to 50K size. Is there another way of add pics? Please help. >>

Try this. image >>

Ok, I will. I appreciate the help! image
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just sold two PCGS PR/MS69 sets last night on Ebay for $1245 each. Completely surprised me when I flipped on the computer this morning and had a couple of Paypal payment greetings! Anyway, based on my low sample, graded 69 sets are doing quite a bit better than raw. If raws are going for the low $700s now, my pair sold for $550 more. Even after subtracting out grading fees of $175/set and Ebay/Paypal of $100, that's still $275 more than raw. It pretty much answers the "Should I grade ???" question... >>

No guts, no glory. You proved that it was the risk worth taking. I am doing the same. Hopefully, I will get my graded sets back soon. I can't see that price holding when the floodgates open. >>

Here is a PCGS FS MS69/PF69 Mercanti set that went for $1055.

Link

Here is a PCGS FS MS709/PF709 Mercanti set that went for under 2k:

other link

I think as more sets hit the market, the prices will keep dropping.
  • Options
    They won't be dropping for the Flag FS label. Because if I were looking to buy a set,that is the one I would want the most!!
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I just sold two PCGS PR/MS69 sets last night on Ebay for $1245 each. Completely surprised me when I flipped on the computer this morning and had a couple of Paypal payment greetings! Anyway, based on my low sample, graded 69 sets are doing quite a bit better than raw. If raws are going for the low $700s now, my pair sold for $550 more. Even after subtracting out grading fees of $175/set and Ebay/Paypal of $100, that's still $275 more than raw. It pretty much answers the "Should I grade ???" question... >>

No guts, no glory. You proved that it was the risk worth taking. I am doing the same. Hopefully, I will get my graded sets back soon. I can't see that price holding when the floodgates open. >>

Link

other link

I think as more sets hit the market, the prices will keep dropping. >>

Just to clarify, looks like the 69 set was Mercanti signed, not the 70 set. The 70 set looks like standard black stripe.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

<< <i>Here is a PCGS FS MS69/PF69 Mercanti set that went for $1055.

Link

other link >>

That second link is for a bulk submission set, not the Mercanti set. The Mercanti sets all have the autograph on the front.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my OGP boxes back from PCGS, but I didn't get the capsules back as I had requested. I also didn't get back my shipping invoice back from the Mint so there's really no way I know these were really my 5 boxes and not someone elses boxes.

Hopefully I get my capsules back with the graded coins since I did request them. I'll probably have to just call PCGS this week to see what they say.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my OGP boxes back from PCGS, but I didn't get the capsules back as I had requested. I also didn't get back my shipping invoice back from the Mint so there's really no way I know these were really my 5 boxes and not someone elses boxes.

Hopefully I get my capsules back with the graded coins since I did request them. I'll probably have to just call PCGS this week to see what they say. >>

My guess is the boxes were not separated, but rather put in a large lot.
  • Options
    "They won't be dropping for the Flag FS label. Because if I were looking to buy a set,that is the one I would want the most!! "

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

BTW, the box is going to be large and heavy. Dimensions are 16"(H) x 12"(L) x 12"(W) with a weight of 13.5 lbs. I think when people see the large box and weight, they will see why there was a charge to return them. >>

Thanks John. Mine only shows one order & submission. Maybe they're just behind...
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    So at this point which one are folks doing? Holding on to their Sealed US Mint boxed sets or are planning to just buy the TPG graded sets

Holding my sealed sets and I also just bought a Mercanti signed MS 70 Set First Strike set for my collection. I just don't think I will get any PCGS MS 70 sets from my sealed sets. My luck has not been very good lately. I sent two sets to NGC to get a feel of what kind of grading I can expect. I think the market is oversaturated now especially with Black Friday grabbing some of the attention on these sets. I am waiting til next year to see what happens with the market. I may or may not regret it.
  • Options

<< <i>I received my OGP boxes back from PCGS, but I didn't get the capsules back as I had requested. I also didn't get back my shipping invoice back from the Mint so there's really no way I know these were really my 5 boxes and not someone elses boxes.

Hopefully I get my capsules back with the graded coins since I did request them. I'll probably have to just call PCGS this week to see what they say. >>

Same here, also. I was surprised when I didn't see the capsules.
    Green neophyte
  • Options

the capsules and invoice will be with your slabbed coins.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I've requested capsules back every time I needed the OGP returned and have never had them returned. Same with ATS, never. Which is to bad because they are quite handy for storing tiny things other than coins. Ever handle surface mount electronic components at 2mm square? You need a clear container to loupe those specs.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i> just bought a Mercanti signed MS 70 Set First Strike set for my collection... I may or may not regret it. >>

Pfftt, you may regret it for a month or two as inventory clears through on eBay. However even if they fall to $1500 a set for those temporarily you'll still do very very well next year IMO image.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link

other link

I think as more sets hit the market, the prices will keep dropping. >>

Just to clarify, looks like the 69 set was Mercanti signed, not the 70 set. The 70 set looks like standard black stripe.

John >>

Ok, here are few couple from last night:

Here is a PCGS FS MS69/PF69 Mercanti signed slab set that went for $930.01 ($20 more than my sealed box sold for Thursday):

69 link

Here is a PCGS FS MS69/PF69 Mercanti signed slab set that went for $2,025.99:

70 signed slab

Here is a PCGS FS MS69/PF69 tombstone set that went for $1884.00 (Mercanti signed letter):

70 tombstone slab

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone surprised at price drops during the Thanksgiving break?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Single sealed sets seem to be fewer on ebay.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I don't think there were that many single sets anyway with all the difficulty in ordering.

I know I was going to buy 5 single sets but after 3 hours of trying I gave up on that idea.
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    silvertowne is no longer buying sets
  • Options

<< <i>Is anyone surprised at price drops during the Thanksgiving break? >>

No, not when they closed in the evening on Sunday. My sealed set sold on Thanksgiving Day for over $900.00.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think there were that many single sets anyway with all the difficulty in ordering.

I know I was going to buy 5 single sets but after 3 hours of trying I gave up on that idea. >>

Hum, I bought 2, 2, & 1 all between 9:05am and 9:11am.
  • Options

What was your secret on getting through?

I was not able to at all.

Finally got through on the phone and did not even think about single sets after all that.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I got through on the phone after 2 hours of hitting redial. The nice CSR lady placed 5 individual one set orders for me. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    I was so uptight by that point I was not even thinking straight so I just ordered 5 sets.
  • Options

<< <i>What was your secret on getting through?

Finally got through on the phone and did not even think about single sets after all that. >>

It was kind of funny. I was logged on and ready to go at 9:00am but hit the same wall as most everyone else. So, I opened a new browser and connected right up. I placed the first order, I tried the first open browers and it was still having problems. So, I went back to the one I ordered from and "backed up" to the set order page and placed another order for two. Bang, went through. So, I just did it again for my final set and got it within a minute from the last two.

I guess I just got lucky.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What was your secret on getting through?

Finally got through on the phone and did not even think about single sets after all that. >>

It was kind of funny. I was logged on and ready to go at 9:00am but hit the same wall as most everyone else. So, I opened a new browser and connected right up. I placed the first order, I tried the first open browers and it was still having problems. So, I went back to the one I ordered from and "backed up" to the set order page and placed another order for two. Bang, went through. So, I just did it again for my final set and got it within a minute from the last two.

I guess I just got lucky. >>

I think a lot of the people that placed multiple orders in a short period of time did it that way - they used the back space button. I think it also worked if you got stuck on a page. Never occurred to me to use it, though. Too simple, I guess.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a Christmas miracle.

38381258 - 25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units shipped on 11/28/2011

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my grades online for my box of 5 sets....

No 2011-S in MS70, no regular proof in PR70 image

I did get (2) 2011 MS70, (2) 2011-W MS70, (4) 2011 RP PR70
    Only 1 complete 69 set
    (I did get 1 PR68)

Looks like I may be parting out a lot of them since I only have 1 complete set.
    Maybe, if the prices are somewhat equal, I could see if anyone wants to trade a RP PR70 for a 2011-S MS70.....

Now to wait for them to ship out and come back.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>it's a Christmas miracle.

38381258 - 25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 5 $299.95 $1,499.75 5 units shipped on 11/28/2011

image >>

WOW!!!! I am sure they are getting close to the end of shipping them. What time did you place the order?
  • Options
    AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

<< <i>it's a Christmas miracle.

image >>

I am getting close! I am 38383xxx...
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my grades online for my box of 5 sets....

Only 1 complete 69 set
    (I did get 1 PR68)

Maybe, if the prices are somewhat equal, I could see if anyone wants to trade a RP PR70 for a 2011-S MS70.....

Now to wait for them to ship out and come back. >>

First congrats jessewvu on getting those sets. Second the prices on singles for the ones I have caught, the reverse proof in 70 sold for 840 and the s is going for around 550. Now think it might be better to sell off the reverse proof and than buy the s and I needed the dcam one in 70 and saw it sold for 180 . Going to be interesting as these labels start showing up on ebay. Did anyone receive there coins yet from those that showed up graded last wensday? Still waiting for mine. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Just got my grades in too:

(3) 2011 MS69
    (2) 2011 MS70

(3) 2011-S MS69
    (2) 2011-S MS70

(3) 2011-W MS69
    (2) 2011-W MS70

(4) 2011-W PR69DC
    (1) 2011-W PR68DC

(3) 2011-P RP PR69
    (2) 2011-P RP PR70

Got screwed on the 2011-W Proofs so I'll have to buy those to fill it in. Still have an opened single box at home and sold my other sets sealed. Figure I'll keep a set of 70's and sell the rest...
  • Options

<< <i>Just got my grades in too:

(3) 2011 MS69
    (2) 2011 MS70

(3) 2011-S MS69
    (2) 2011-S MS70

(3) 2011-W MS69
    (2) 2011-W MS70

(4) 2011-W PR69DC
    (1) 2011-W PR68DC

(3) 2011-P RP PR69
    (2) 2011-P RP PR70

Got screwed on the 2011-W Proofs so I'll have to buy those to fill it in. Still have an opened single box at home and sold my other sets sealed. Figure I'll keep a set of 70's and sell the rest... >>

Looks great to me!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got my grades online for my box of 5 sets....

Only 1 complete 69 set
    (I did get 1 PR68)

Now to wait for them to ship out and come back. >>

First congrats jessewvu on getting those sets. Second the prices on singles for the ones I have caught, the reverse proof in 70 sold for 840 and the s is going for around 550. Now think it might be better to sell off the reverse proof and than buy the s and I needed the dcam one in 70 and saw it sold for 180 . Going to be interesting as these labels start showing up on ebay. Did anyone receive there coins yet from those that showed up graded last wensday? Still waiting for mine. Enjoy image >>

Good advice. i would get them on eBay early as I believe there is going to be a bunch being sold in the next week or two.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my grades in too:

(3) 2011 MS69
    (2) 2011 MS70

(3) 2011-S MS69
    (2) 2011-S MS70

(3) 2011-W MS69
    (2) 2011-W MS70

(4) 2011-W PR69DC
    (1) 2011-W PR68DC

(3) 2011-P RP PR69
    (2) 2011-P RP PR70

Got screwed on the 2011-W Proofs so I'll have to buy those to fill it in. Still have an opened single box at home and sold my other sets sealed. Figure I'll keep a set of 70's and sell the rest... >>

You didn't get screwed in fact its only gonna cost you at the most a couple hundred to pick up the w pr70dc again may I suggest anyone looking to trade buy or sell check out the bst thread here, there is enough of us that trading and buying without ebay should be a good possibility. Enjoy imageBuy Sell and Trade forum
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    Man, have you looked a eBay recently. There is a bunch of Tomstone and Signature 70's sets on there. Even MCM is back on there selling. It looks like the first dump is happening. Only a few flag labels at this point but that is to be expected. They will come later.

It will be interesting to see what this does to the prices.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    the suspense was killing me... so i opened it! image

kind of glad too, i doubt i would have ended up with a complete 70 set either (only reason i would have submitted)

no coins loose from the case, but every set had at least 2 coins loose and in the capsule, and a few had scratches on them.

i was able to cherry pick my 2 sets (the keys may be 70 at a later date) before i sold the other 3 image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Back in service.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options

<< <i>Back in service.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >>

Thank you, Don! This is a welcome sight.
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Back in service.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >>

Now that's a class act.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Just picked up my graded box of 5 from my work. Just as should be the case, the First Strike label comes with the flag. I know there was some confusion about this, but I can confirm that they do have the flags on them. Also, PCGS returns all the plastic capsules in a quart-size plastic bag and the original U.S. Mint invoice. Hope this information is welcome. Now I can sit here and admire them and decide which ones I will let go. image
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    Good to see the thread back. I guess I'm a little curious as to why it closed, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Follow the rules, and for the iffy stuff, there are always other forums....

Prices are still falling. Tempting to try to catch the bottom of the trough for a set of 70s. Maybe that will hit after Christmas or so.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭
    We are pleased.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    Many happy BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list