25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    4x more 70's at half the price when sold. hmmm, tough callimage
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>What's with this??? $3850??? >>

Looks like his listing did a good job convincing his set was very special. Good marketing produces results. Must have been a bidding war to get them. Buyers not doing their due diligence and paying $1,200+ more than they should have.
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Received grades today from accross the street; it looks like I should be happy.
    001 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    002 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    003 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    004 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    005 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    006 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70 Ultra Cameo
    007 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70 Ultra Cameo
    008 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 69 Ultra Cameo
    009 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70 Ultra Cameo
    010 2011W Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70 Ultra Cameo
    011 2011 P Eagle Reverse PF 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70
    012 2011 P Eagle Reverse PF 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 69
    013 2011 P Eagle Reverse PF 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70
    014 2011 P Eagle Reverse PF 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 69
    015 2011 P Eagle Reverse PF 25th Anniversary Set $1 PF 70
    016 2011 S Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 69
    017 2011 S Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    018 2011 S Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 68
    019 2011 S Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    020 2011 S Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    021 2011 Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    022 2011 Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    023 2011 Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    024 2011 Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 70
    025 2011 Eagle 25th Anniversary Set $1 MS 69

This gives me three 70 sets and one that sucks. Now if they'd just get her so I can hold a set in hand. >>

unfreakin believable.

edit to add: i got 3/5`s of a 70 set out of 25.image >>

Remember, he said "from across the street."

That is why the 70 sets sell for less ($1,800 to $2,000 currently on eBay) and going down. Still a nice return! Hopefully, the PCGS 70 sets get down there so I can buy! >>

ahhhhh...i missed that. makes sense now.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>What's with this??? $3850??? >>

I guess they missed this listing.

Listing
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, on vacation in calif till tomorrow and you guys got me lookin at those 70's pcgs on ebay and I happen to find this single 70 reverse auction. I think I know what to do with a few of mine. Should be a fun next few weeks . Enjoy tom reverse proof 70 Not affilated with this auction image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << What's with this??? $3850??? >>

That's got the Mercanti signature slabs, and even more important - the MadMarty pedigree!!!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< What's with this??? $3850??? >>

That's got the Mercanti signature slabs, and even more important - the MadMarty pedigree!!!image >>

I haven't seen him post in a while.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Just got my grades back, I only sent in five that I thought best of the five set box.

1 1 20703901 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
    1 2 20703902 509189 2011-S $1 Silver Eagle USA MS69
    2 1 20703903 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR69
    2 2 20703904 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR70
    2 3 20703905 509194 2011-P $1 Silver Eagle Reverse PR USA PR70

I guess that I did OK.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Way to go Tom! You know I'm in your corner, so, big congrats!!! So much for hoding off on sending my next order in, huh??? image Though, they'll only go in so long as I hear no rattling/sliding around when received.

You should do as well on that one coin that I did on a full raw set.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received interesting email from ATS today, guess they are working on Saturday:

"Your 25th Anniversary sets were checked in at NGC today. One of your sets was packed incorrectly at the U.S. Mint. It contained two of the "W" mint state coins, and did not contain a "no mint mark" coin. I wanted to make you aware of the discrepancy in the mix of coins right away."

Mint error! W on the no mintmark coin. image

Which one of you guys got two no mintmarks in your set? Otherwise we need to correct the mintage on the set's no m/m coin to 99,999.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Good communication....
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I got 9 of 25, 36% in 70. Better than I usually get.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got 9 of 25, 36% in 70. Better than I usually get. >>

From PCGS? Not too shabby based on what I have been seeing! I hope I do that well!

-Paul
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Received interesting email from ATS today, guess they are working on Saturday: >>

Groan. Wish PCGS would pick up the pace.

Exclusivity, aloofness and 'We are the best' only works for so long considering this flip.

Frankly, by the time I get my coins, it's entirely possible that my PCGS graded sets will sell for what NGC sets of equal grade are selling for today.

If you can't tell, I'm a wee bit dismayed and disenchanted with the host of our forum.

Bottom line - the delays / bottlenecks in PCGS grading should be removed by the supplier instead of something to be endured by the customer.

PCGS needs to get these sets out as fast as NGC.

My .02

• Options
    Well, I had one box of 5 take 5 days to get "received" after it WAS received. Another box got there this past Monday....still not "received"

I am speaking of NGC...

No results yet from the box signed for on the 11th.....

• Options
    The amount of 25th Anny product currently listed on feebay is predominantly NGC, regardless of your non-received boxes.
  • Options
    Is it possible that because of the perception that it is easier to receive a "70" grade from NGC than it is from PCGS, the flippers chose NGC rather than PCGS? And is it possible that collectors who prefer PCGS for this issue, are not selling their coins? Hence the majority of 25th ASEs on eBay are NGC graded.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I sent 2 sets to NGC Registered Mail last Friday. Just arrived at the postal unit today. I think the market is too saturated to start selling any of my sets. The 2006s Anniversary Sets did not mature til the next year in 07. The mint is getting close to shipping all their remaining sets out.

Anybody know the cut off for early release for NGC?
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    The highest we sold an NGC 70 set at was $3800 (on eBay) and the lowest just yesterday I believe a little over $1700. The $1700 number feels as wrong as the $3800 number. The set is currently worth $1800 minimum broken up into parts. We are still selling sets steadily on our website at $1995, so we're done with eBay on them after the sets we have up now are gone. They could go lower if many of the sets that haven't shipped yet get dumped. But that might not happen....

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent 2 sets to NGC Registered Mail last Friday. Just arrived at the postal unit today. I think the market is too saturated to start selling any of my sets. The 2006s Anniversary Sets did not mature til the next year in 07. The mint is getting close to shipping all their remaining sets out.

Anybody know the cut off for early release for NGC? >>

12/8 is the cut off for Early release.

Joe
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    epcjimi1 -

Apparently you missed this post - Working this weekend

Before you start criticizing us, or anyone else, make some effort to find out the facts first.

• Options

<< <i>The highest we sold an NGC 70 set at was $3800 (on eBay) and the lowest just yesterday I believe a little over $1700. The $1700 number feels as wrong as the $3800 number. The set is currently worth $1800 minimum broken up into parts. We are still selling sets steadily on our website at $1995, so we're done with eBay on them after the sets we have up now are gone. They could go lower if many of the sets that haven't shipped yet get dumped. But that might not happen....

John >>

John, Now selling for about $1,575.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following up on JM's comments (and just my 2 cents)...

For those who do not remember the 2006 20th Anniv sets (with a 250,000 mintage), here is some of what I remember for the PCGS graded coins:

1. The Rev proof coin alone in PR70DCAM FS was selling for thousands of dollars as a stand-alone coin.

2. The MS70 FS coin from the set was selling for $5,000-$6,000+ per coin at one point (and not just for a few days or a week either)!! Anyone remember that wild price level on this one?

As JM commented regarding the 25th Anniv coins, the wildly high prices I mentioned above for the 20th Anniv coins were obviously, in retrospect, "as wrong" as bringing up prices that were the all-time lows for the 20th Anniv. coins (or perhaps the lowest prices that the 25th Anniv will sell for). But, overall, from what I have seen, the 25th Anniv. "70" prices have been nothing like what was happening in the first month or two of the 20th Anniv. program. The highest I personally sold a PCGS set for was just a tad over $3,000 on open bid on ebay. And, I only saw a handful or two of sets ever selling above that ... the highest I believe I saw were a couple at around $4,000. It appears sellers are much more realistic with these 25th Anniv. sets and perhaps in part due to what happened with 20th Anniv. coin pricing from the first few months in 2006 to where the 2006 coins ended up a few years later. So, overall, it looks like a fairly healthy slabbed PCGS market at this point to me.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>epcjimi1 -

Apparently you missed this post - Working this weekend

Before you start criticizing us, or anyone else, make some effort to find out the facts first. >>

Yep, I missed your post.

Thanks to PCGS to get the product out ASAP.
  • Options
    I did notice a BIN at $1599 also.... even so, the parts add up to quite a bit more right now. There is strong demand for the two key coins.
  • Options
    ooops, crap, sorry! Moved from one computer to another and didn't realize I was logged in as MCM prefer to post here as myself.

John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is John giving better prices than MCM. image

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents continued:

P.S. It is also obvious to me that at this point PCGS 25th Anniv. product is selling for a good bit more than NGC product. Yes, I know that to calculate actual profit for a submittor one would also need to factor in grade through rates for each company. I am simply commenting generally that the PCGS 25th Anniv product is selling for more money on ebay. My last three sales on Mercanti autographed 70 sets were $2,325, $2,400 and $2,525 today. A far cry from $1,599 or even $1,799. Could prices fall from here on the PCGS coins? Of course, but at this very moment, PCGS product is performing well in my opinion, especially Mercanti autographed product.

And, I am still accepting submissions to PCGS for Mercanti labeled product if anyone is interested in doing so (min 10 sealed sets... just PM me for more information).

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Well, if the black label is ONLY for bulk or dealers and 'regular' people will get the Flag and gold FS, then we haven't even scratched the surface as far as 70's on ebay goes.

Because we don't see many flags yet.

There will be a whole new wave of sellers once pcgs starts sending out the modern submissions.

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Well I got an unexpected delightful surprise yesterday. On ordering day I had successfully ordered 2 singles and was trying to order a 3rd when I (like many people trying to order) got fed up with the slowness of the mint's website. I had another in my cart but it just wasn't moving fast enough so I went ahead and closed the browser window and thought ok that's alright, at least I got 2 singles along with the confirmation e-mail/order number, and went about my daily business. Well yesterday completely out of the blue UPS shows up at my door and say's "Package delivery for ajman". Well I was completely shocked and thought there must be some mistake but I went ahead and signed for it. I thought how could this happen, then I went online to check my account and sure enough another charge of $304.95 was taken out of my account. I don't know how this happened because I never got an order confirmation or an order number but one thing is for certain. I'm glad it happened cuz who doesn't like free money. Thanks U.S. Mint.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options

<< <i>Well, if the black label is ONLY for bulk or dealers and 'regular' people will get the Flag and gold FS, then we haven't even scratched the surface as far as 70's on ebay goes.

There will be a whole new wave of sellers once pcgs starts sending out the modern submissions. >>

That's not correct. As a regular collector I submitted 5 sets to PCGS that arrived there last Monday.They are allowing any member to submit under bulk for the black label with a lower minimum of 5 sets. I chose the Flag FS label because I have always liked it better and is consistent with all of my other graded coins.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, if the black label is ONLY for bulk or dealers and 'regular' people will get the Flag and gold FS, then we haven't even scratched the surface as far as 70's on ebay goes.

There will be a whole new wave of sellers once pcgs starts sending out the modern submissions. >>

image And it should be fun to watch when they finally do. I am going the trading route first to get the 70 set completed to keep. Congrats on set three ajman you did luck out. The dealers are flooding the market right now but I too hope when the other labels start coming out there will be a shift. Last night I watched a 69 pcgs set first strike sell for 914.44 , There is a few more listed for around that price. To me thats cheap. Enjoyimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

That's not correct. As a regular collector I submitted 5 sets to PCGS that arrived there last Monday.They are allowing any member to submit under bulk for the black label with a lower minimum of 5 sets. I chose the Flag FS label because I have always liked it better and is consistent with all of my other graded coins. >>

Right, but if you're planning to sell individual coins, I think you want the predominant label because that's the one people will be looking for to complete their set. So far it's looking like the black stripe labels are it.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with the 25th set bullions in ms70? Last few today went $300-400+ today. Are the pops that low to command such prices?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Please save this thread,,, and ask this question this time next year....... image
  • Options
    i got my coins back from grading a few days ago. i have decided to sit on all of them and see how this plays out. i usually buy more than what i keep and flip the rest to pay for the keepers. certain issues just seem to have a "draw" that sells the coin itself. just like the 2008 gold buff fractionals. short term hold 1-2 years. long term 5-10 years. watch the prices. pcgs 70 signature sets already dropping from the first listed. i will sit out the first flood of coins. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    That sound you hear is the calm seas before the tsumani rolls over the islandimage..........right now the sea is pulling back and people are scratching their heads about where the water went...again IMO
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's with the 25th set bullions in ms70? Last few today went $300-400+ today. Are the pops that low to command such prices? >>

Lots of talk about the bullion coins having a different finish and/or a dimpled tail variety, making them the 3rd 100K coin in the set. Can you imagine a bullion ASE with 100,000 mintage and the next lowest is 3.6 million! The W uncirculated coin also looks like it will be the lowest mintage uncirculated ASE coin, leaving the proof as the lone dreck coin of the 25th set (for now). This set has, yet to be realized/recognized, growth potential.
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That sound you hear is the calm seas before the tsumani rolls over the islandimage..........right now the sea is pulling back and people are scratching their heads about where the water went...again IMO >>

When do you think it will come back?
  • Options
    Or,,,,, Those Heavily Invested Want You To Believe,, image
  • Options

<< <i>Or,,,,, Those Heavily Invested Want You To Believe,, image >>

i think the ones heavily invested have the coins on ebay now. personally i have five sets. i have no friends & family network.
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad the word spotting isn't floating around. Big relief imo. There is profit in every set if bought it mint issue. Losing sleep over how much is setting ones self up for possible poor business choices in the future. If you feel its a buyers marked, don't sell, need cash to grease the wheels take some off the table.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm just glad the word spotting isn't floating around. Big relief imo. There is profit in every set if bought it mint issue. Losing sleep over how much is setting ones self up for possible poor business choices in the future. If you feel its a buyers marked, don't sell, need cash to grease the wheels take some off the table. >>

the spotting usually takes a year or two to show up. odd how some spot and some don`t. some spotting can be removed and some can`t. just sent 3 coins in under grade guaranty. 2 atb`s and a 2006 20th anniv. pr70dcam silver eagle and reholdered at same grade and spots gone. the atb`s were a lost cause and got cash and raw coins back. one of my graded 2010 pr69dcams is showing spots now. tomorrow i will look at my 2010`s in OGP and see if any have spots. i truly believe neither packaging contributes to the spotting. JM2c
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received interesting email from ATS today, guess they are working on Saturday:

"Your 25th Anniversary sets were checked in at NGC today. One of your sets was packed incorrectly at the U.S. Mint. It contained two of the "W" mint state coins, and did not contain a "no mint mark" coin. I wanted to make you aware of the discrepancy in the mix of coins right away."

Mint error! W on the no mintmark coin. image

Which one of you guys got two no mintmarks in your set? Otherwise we need to correct the mintage on the set's no m/m coin to 99,999. >>

Sure is a LOT better than "there was no RP or 11S" on the other hand, how sweet would an EXTRA RP or 11s be!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The highest we sold an NGC 70 set at was $3800 (on eBay) and the lowest just yesterday I believe a little over $1700. The $1700 number feels as wrong as the $3800 number. The set is currently worth $1800 minimum broken up into parts. We are still selling sets steadily on our website at $1995, so we're done with eBay on them after the sets we have up now are gone. They could go lower if many of the sets that haven't shipped yet get dumped. But that might not happen....

John >>

Thanks very much for the info!! How are your PCGS 70 sets doing?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Currently hard core collectors are stashing sets away. The graded sets in 5-70's are thinning out and once that happens look for prices to rise steadily. The real question would be How many sets were broken up for the 2 coins.....??........There are a bunch listed on e-bay at higher prices (mine included) and if they sell great!!!.........if not the listing cost .20 cents per month.........IMO there are still people that haven't seen this set in person....once they do they will buy!!...........For most the profits on the first sale paid for their investment............
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sold two PCGS PR/MS69 sets last night on Ebay for $1245 each. Completely surprised me when I flipped on the computer this morning and had a couple of Paypal payment greetings! Anyway, based on my low sample, graded 69 sets are doing quite a bit better than raw. If raws are going for the low $700s now, my pair sold for $550 more. Even after subtracting out grading fees of $175/set and Ebay/Paypal of $100, that's still $275 more than raw. It pretty much answers the "Should I grade ???" question...
  • Options

<< <i>

John >>

Thanks very much for the info!! How are your PCGS 70 sets doing? >>

Last night we sold 5 PCGS sets on eBay from a high of $2200+ to a low of around $1900. These were the standard black stripe 25th label. We are still at $2249 on the website I think but that will probably be coming down a bit. We will also have Mercanti signed sets in a few days both on eBay and the website, and these will be priced a bt higher than black stripe.

John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4800................image
  • Options

<< <i>I just sold two PCGS PR/MS69 sets last night on Ebay for $1245 each. Completely surprised me when I flipped on the computer this morning and had a couple of Paypal payment greetings! Anyway, based on my low sample, graded 69 sets are doing quite a bit better than raw. If raws are going for the low $700s now, my pair sold for $550 more. Even after subtracting out grading fees of $175/set and Ebay/Paypal of $100, that's still $275 more than raw. It pretty much answers the "Should I grade ???" question... >>

No guts, no glory. You proved that it was the risk worth taking. I am doing the same. Hopefully, I will get my graded sets back soon. I can't see that price holding when the floodgates open.
    Green neophyte

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file