Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>3699...(go for it, JohnInLBC) >>

Ok. 3700!! My first time. Thx for allowing me the privilege. >>

Happy to oblige! Fun ain't it? Welcome to the boards!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This Thread Needs Photos...

image >>

Is it possible to get 20 PCGS slabs into the box? >>

Just Checked, third time I opened this Morning alone..."-)

The Box Will Fit 15 Slabs, no go on the 20....

So we'll have to change it from A Box Of 20 to A Box Of 15..."-)

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options

<< <i>Well, slightly off topic. I am subscribed to this thread and had 61 e-mails in my Inbox when I got up this morning. My cup overfloweth ... can anybody tell me how to unsubscribe? Thanks and 70s all around. >>

That can be an all-day project. If you are in the thread, each message has six different icons on the top righthand corner. Click on the first one (looks like a page with an purple arrow pointing it). You will see the name of the thread with a check box in front of it. Click the box to select it, then click the "Unsubscribe" button. That should do the trick.

I remember doing exactly what you did and the flood of emails. Not fun.
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    Well if all or most of the "S"'s are really flawed like a previous poster said on the 5 he seen then there could be some serious uproar in the grading industry, but of course many dies were likely used when the "S"'s were struck and he likely just got a bad batch. A 70 is perfect and whereas when you have a 67 that looks like a 66 or 68 you have the subjective factor involved, but when you have a 70 there is really no subjectivity, but instead the coin should be perfect. IF there are 200 70 sets (anacs) selling on HSN for $3000 it would be interesting to learn how a 70 grade was obtained so fast on 200 "S"'s when you would need at least 1000 sets in general to even get 200 70's. I mean the soonest anyone had these in hand was Tuesday and you wonder if whoever got these this fast even has them in hand which I assume they would if they are shipping out from the HSN. I would love to see these 200 anacs "S" 70's before they ship out. Not that I care much what Anacs does because I would never pay a premium for an anacs holder, but there has to be integrity in this industry and you just don't go off grading a bunch of 70's just so your customer can get them on a 10 minute national airing before anyone else does.
  • Options
    I just think it's great that HSN sent their sets to ANACS for grading. That and the MANY opened boxes being sold will put a hit on the POP numbers at the top two TPG'simage
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All-

Only a few seconds to post, no time to read any new posts right now.

Very quick update:

1) The set that I listed for my friend at midnight Eastern for $750 BIN, no return, no photos of individual coins just of the set and OGP, immediate payment expected sold in 7 hours despite that being a 3 day listing it was behind about 250 other auctions. Will go for more tonight w/set #2.

2) I took some quick hand-held macro shots of some of the coins so that you all can see what I was talking about. Not the best, but should do.

I need some help: I HATE trying to post photos on this forum - drives me nuts. Can someone who is facile with posting photos here please pm me? I will email you the photos so that you can post them. I'm sure that other forum members would appreciate this. Every time I try it drives me nuts.

I won't be able to get back online until tonight.

At that time, if there is a volunteer to post the pics I'll send them over and will also tell you all about the five sets that I'll be able to look over tonight.

Have a good day.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Have times been narrowed down for:

waitlist email
    cancel email
    and if orders past 4pm have changes status

????????????????
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have times been narrowed down for:

waitlist email
    cancel email

????????????????
    >>

It is looking encouraging for those past the 4.30 time frame wait list....... orders already shipped well into the 2.00 order time...maybe a third more orders to ship out of the total reported of 27,000
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just think it's great that HSN sent their sets to ANACS for grading. That and the MANY opened boxes being sold will put a hit on the POP numbers at the top two TPG'simage >>

BINGO

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Have times been narrowed down for:

waitlist email
    cancel email

????????????????
    >>

It is looking encouraging for those past the 4.30 time frame wait list....... orders already shipped well into the 2.00 order time...maybe a third more orders to ship out of the total reported of 27,000 >>

I have an order# 38363xxx was placed at 3:41pm EST that is "In stock and reserved". I pretty confident it will ship on Monday. Hope this helps.
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    When shipping these sealed sets to the buyer can you put a shipping label on the outside of the package over the original label or would this deter from grading?
    25th silver eagle set
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    All this talk of getting scammed selling unupened boxes can make you a little nervous...but it feels really good to list a box-o-5 and get a BIN of $3600 from a big dealer 59000 100% feedbacks...I'm good
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭
    My box of three is on the way to our host.
    reg. priority.
    I found a great box at Target: 16x12x8. The mint box fitsin snugly and just needs some extra paper wads on two sides
    to make the innerbox immovable.

Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When shipping these sealed sets to the buyer can you put a shipping label on the outside of the package over the original label or would this deter from grading? >>

Don't cover the original address label showing PBGS shipping the box to you. Every one I've seen is attached so that it covers the seam. Putting your address label to a buyer, over that seam, after which it is sent to PCGS/NGC would likely not qualify for FS, since it could be presumed YOUR label was inteded to cover the possibility the original box was opened...

Put it in another, larger box, and put your addres label on that.
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    I have box, label, and tape ready to go! Hopefully I will have my 5 sets in hand momentarily on Monday !
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Single opened set sells for $774 on the bay.
    edited for spelling >>

I always think it is funny to see auctions go for more than BIN listings. What really funny with this one is it is the listing is all screwed up. Title says "In Hand" but listing state it is a Pre-Sale. No picture either while most of the BIN listings have pictures.

Really goofy!
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have box, label, and tape ready to go! Hopefully I will have my 5 sets in hand momentarily on Monday ! >>

I sold my first shipment of two sets on eBay and re-coupled the cost for all 5 sets ordered. Now I have one unopened box of two and one unopened box of one sitting here. I think I may just let them sit for a bit to see how the grading goes. They are First Strike eligible, so there is no rush to get them graded.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed it somewhere within the many threads but........

Does anyone know how long PCGS is running for grading the sets?

Thanks.

• Options

<< <i>I have box, label, and tape ready to go! Hopefully I will have my 5 sets in hand momentarily on Monday ! >>

(He's down to 8 posts, hehe image )
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>I always think it is funny to see auctions go for more than BIN listings. >>

or auctions with multiple bidders for significantly more, than search results with no bids at all.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I may have missed it somewhere within the many threads but........

Thanks. >>

they have only been delivered in the past week.

unless someone pays for walkthrough, there are no sets finished to say how long it has taken.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    My last submission was a Modern tier and it took about 25 business days to finish. I just got it back on Wednesday.
    GMan
  • Options
    Wondering why more folks aren't selling the keys individually? The RP seems to be selling (on Ebay) for around $450 and the other one for around $350. That's $800 and you still have three coins left = $150.+ That way you get around $950 for a set - maybe more if the bidding goes right. More work to list them that way, but significantly more $$$ than listing an open set (or even a sealed set).
    Just wondering....

<< <i>Wondering why more folks aren't selling the keys individually? The RP seems to be selling (on Ebay) for around $450 and the other one for around $350. That's $800 and you still have three coins left = $150.+ That way you get around $950 for a set - maybe more if the bidding goes right. More work to list them that way, but significantly more $$$ than listing an open set (or even a sealed set). Just wondering.... >>

I have been wondering the same thing. If I hadn't already shipped my first box to PCGS, I might reconsider. I'm pretty sure now that I will only cherry pick the two keys in my next box and submit them for grading. The other three in the set can just be orphans, or I may do some trades at some point to fill holes to make complete sets. There are so many angles with this set, it's hard to know what to do!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wondering why more folks aren't selling the keys individually? The RP seems to be selling (on Ebay) for around $450 and the other one for around $350. That's $800 and you still have three coins left = $150.+ That way you get around $950 for a set - maybe more if the bidding goes right. More work to list them that way, but significantly more $$$ than listing an open set (or even a sealed set). Just wondering.... >>

I have been wondering the same thing. If I hadn't already shipped my first box to PCGS, I might reconsider. I'm pretty sure now that I will only cherry pick the two keys in my next box and submit them for grading. The other three in the set can just be orphans, or I may do some trades at some point to fill holes to make complete sets. There are so many angles with this set, it's hard to know what to do! >>

I haven't received my sets yet, but I am running in circles trying to figure out the best way to submit them too.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Thanks. >>

unless someone pays for walkthrough, there are no sets finished to say how long it has taken. >>

Thanks, maybe soon we will find out......I'm guessing 2 weeks?

• Options

<< <i>

Thanks. >>

unless someone pays for walkthrough, there are no sets finished to say how long it has taken

Thanks, maybe soon we will find out......I'm guessing 2 weeks?. >>

I would think if it was 25 business days (5 weeks) before the onslaught I really doubt it would drop to 10 business days after they get slammed

• Options

<< <i>Wondering why more folks aren't selling the keys individually? The RP seems to be selling (on Ebay) for around $450 and the other one for around $350. That's $800 and you still have three coins left = $150.+ That way you get around $950 for a set - maybe more if the bidding goes right. More work to list them that way, but significantly more $$$ than listing an open set (or even a sealed set).
    Just wondering.... >>

Well it's a great chance to have a religious moment as the other three coins are "resurrected" for First Strike (or early release, if you go that way) eligibility. Hopefully the novices never catch on, premiums might take a nose dive! image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wondering why more folks aren't selling the keys individually? The RP seems to be selling (on Ebay) for around $450 and the other one for around $350. That's $800 and you still have three coins left = $150.+ That way you get around $950 for a set - maybe more if the bidding goes right. More work to list them that way, but significantly more $$$ than listing an open set (or even a sealed set).
    Just wondering.... >>

Well it's a great chance to have a religious moment as the other three coins are "resurrected" for First Strike (or early release, if you go that way) eligibility. Hopefully the novices never catch on, premiums might take a nose dive! image >>

cause smart buyers know they would be on their way to PCGS if they had a shot at a 70

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the smart one's are the ones that are holding the 5 Sets, Singel box's and when the 70's start to comeing out for big $$$ that box will go up with it to with out all the fee's. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the smart one's are the ones that are holding the 5 Sets, Singel box's and when the 70's start to comeing out for big $$$ that box will go up with it to with out all the fee's. image >>

I agree single sealed boxes would have been the way to go and that was my original plan BUT after it took 2.5 hours to place 2- 5 set orders my 5 individual order plan was toast. I just ordered another 5 set box for my son....

I really don't think I could have gotten 5 orders in before they ran out.....
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

This is what one of my singles looks like. Anybody think that will pose a problem when submitted for grading?

The center seam is unbroken as is the seam on the other side. @#%!?$&! mint! image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is what one of my singles looks like. Anybody think that will pose a problem when submitted for grading?

The center seam is unbroken as is the seam on the other side. @#%!?$&! mint! image

image >>

I wouldn't think so. Integrity of the box appears intact. Chit happens. Send the pic to pcgs and ask?
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All-

Just sent the Pics to Gman who kindly offered to post them.

They were hand-held marcos, not optimal but should be adequate to show the flaws which I wrote about.

Hope that they are useful...
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ........ >>

I wouldn't think so. Integrity of the box appears intact. Chit happens. Send the pic to pcgs and ask? >>

Guess I'll have to. And if I sell it, I'll have to obviously do full disclosure to avoid the possible SNAD. Just one more problem created by the fools at the Mint. Putting a single set in a big box with inadequate packing material is inexcusable. Really shoddy.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Coin Collector show has the set on there for $2999.95 now on tv ANACS 70.
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    I am posting these pics for Raufus. His comments in quotes.

"These are the rim dings on one of the 2011 S Uncs. Such dings were in the same place but to a varying degree on all of them."

"This is another example of the rim dings on another of the 2011 S Uncs. Note also the dings Liberty's right arm, also common my coins."

"These are the frost breaks which were on all of the Rev. Proofs but to a much lesser extent than these on a couple of them...."

"Similar frost break in the same spot on another Rev. Proof..."

"This is an example of the shiny spot which was on Liberty's left hand on all of the W Uncs...."

GMan
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me if you can walk in with submissions to PCGS. I'm (almost) certain that regular submissions HAVE to be shipped. How about Bulk orders?

Thanks in advance,
    Aron
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ........ >>

I wouldn't think so. Integrity of the box appears intact. Chit happens. Send the pic to pcgs and ask? >>

Guess I'll have to. And if I sell it, I'll have to obviously do full disclosure to avoid the possible SNAD. Just one more problem created by the fools at the Mint. Putting a single set in a big box with inadequate packing material is inexcusable. Really shoddy. >>

Maybe they should allocate some of the money for the system upgrade to better shipping tape. This is absolutely unacceptable. None of the TPGs would send out shipments like this!!
    Green neophyte
  • Options

Nobody would. The single layer of cheap thin tape is pathetic. But I guess this is what you get when you go with the lowest bidder. You'd think they'd have to adhere to some minimal performance standard though.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Great Pics!
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nobody would. The single layer of cheap thin tape is pathetic. But I guess this is what you get when you go with the lowest bidder. You'd think they'd have to adhere to some minimal performance standard though. >>

Their performance standards seem to be more along the line of how many they can ship per day
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

Mint's production manager:

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am posting these pics for Raufus. His comments in quotes.

"These are the rim dings on one of the 2011 S Uncs. Such dings were in the same place but to a varying degree on all of them."

"This is another example of the rim dings on another of the 2011 S Uncs. Note also the dings Liberty's right arm, also common my coins."

"These are the frost breaks which were on all of the Rev. Proofs but to a much lesser extent than these on a couple of them...."

"Similar frost break in the same spot on another Rev. Proof..."

"This is an example of the shiny spot which was on Liberty's left hand on all of the W Uncs...."

image >>

Not all is lost here bud.......silver went up .63 to $34.66 per ounce! Hopefully all this hype will raise the price of silver. image

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options

Nice pics, Raufus. But let's hope this is not indicative of what's inside all those other bo5's.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can someone please tell me if you can walk in with submissions to PCGS. I'm (almost) certain that regular submissions HAVE to be shipped. How about Bulk orders?

Thanks in advance,
    Aron >>

There are no more PCGS monthly drop offs.
  • Options
    What is with all the "No returns accepted" on the 25th ann. sets on ebay?

-Keith
  • Options

Fear of cherrypickin".

~ Vince Lombardi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file