Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any data on how opened sets are selling compared to sealed sets? 2 days ago when they first started hitting the bay, it didn't really seem to matter much.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    They're moving along....my 2:30p order just shipped

38350xxx
  • Options

<< <i>They're moving along....my 2:30p order just shipped

38350xxx >>

do you know when you went from "in process" to "in stock and reserved"?
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my last two shipments yesterday. Super quite - no rattle.

I opened my rattle box and in one set, the capsules popped out but the coins were still inside them. >>

At least your coins were still inside their capsules. I wasn't quite so lucky. The capsule was in its correct spot, but the coin was laying loose inside the box! image
    Matt
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I received an email from the Mint 9:30 last night stating that my order shipped ! Order was placed at 1:50 PM
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

38350xxx >>

Yes, they are moving along. Was told yesterday that my order #38349XXX, at 2:20pm, would ship the 14th....nope, it shipped out today. No history on the tracking yet, but it's a' comin'! Now, I hope my 2nd order at 5:20pm is still good.....no 'Dear NotSure' letter yet...keepin' the fingers crossed.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭
    My order status says shipped, but the tracking numbers won't work... what does that mean?
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

38350xxx >>

do you know when you went from "in process" to "in stock and reserved"? >>

My order, just before boucharda's (mine at 2:20pm, his at 2:30pm) has been 'in stock and reserved' for several days now.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options

<< <i>My order status says shipped, but the tracking numbers won't work... what does that mean? >>

Just means UPS hasn't picked up yet, give it a few hours.
  • Options

<< <i>My order status says shipped, but the tracking numbers won't work... what does that mean? >>

Nothing - that happens to everyone during the first several hours to the end of the first day.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

Means wait until 8PM ish, tonight, it will be delivered on Monday
  • Options
    "Shipped" with tracking that has not updated is pretty typical. It may not even be at the PO yet.

Looks like they are up to 2:30pm EST orders in shipping status.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    What I would like to know is, has anyone's "in process" and "backordered" changed to "in stock and reserved" since the initial wave last Friday I think it was? Are "in process, backordered" ones simply the second wave of orders that will be filled, or are we waitlisted crowd?

In another thread it seemed posters with alot of Mint experience had said they've never had "in process, backordered" not be filled.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< Looks like they are up to 2:30pm EST orders in shipping status. >>>

Not 100% though. Order 38341XXX done well before 2:30 still showing in process as of 5 minutes ago.
  • Options

<< <i>

38350xxx >>

do you know when you went from "in process" to "in stock and reserved"? >>

Many days ago....not sure but at least 4-5
  • Options

<< <i> In another thread it seemed posters with alot of Mint experience had said they've never had "in process, backordered" not be filled. >>

Hmmm...don't think that's true....I would say once it goes to "In stock and reserved" you are fine....before then.....it's insecurity plus

I will add that there are reports (can't remember which thread) of some "in process" 25th Annie orders going back to "held"
  • Options
    I had an order that was "in process" and Backordered and it was cancelled yesterday. Got an email from the mint essentially telling me that I ordered too late - it was REALLY late - like 9:00pm!!! I knew it was going to happen, but the order still went to the "in process" stage with a backorder date and now it just sadly states "order cancelled"

Jeff

P.S. My other 500 sets have all been shipped image
  • Options

<< <i>I had an order that was "in process" and Backordered and it was cancelled yesterday. Got an email from the mint essentially telling me that I ordered too late - it was REALLY late - like 9:00pm!!! I knew it was going to happen, but the order still went to the "in process" stage with a backorder date and now it just sadly states "order cancelled"

Jeff

P.S. My other 500 sets have all been shipped image >>

Boohoo for you.... hope that is not our fate! We'll count it as good luck then if we haven't been cxld.
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    same here my order at 2:20 38347xxx still in process, in stock & res.
  • Options
    383513XX JUST SHIPPED

I PLACED THE ORDER AROUND 2:40 PM EASTERN TIME.
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    My order for my single one shows shipped
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 02:33 PM
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.
    1 unit shipped on 11/11/2011
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm assuming no UPS Saturday delivery tomorrow...correct?
  • Options
    Huzzah! My order shipped:

Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 02:35 PM
    25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET - 5 units shipped on 11/11/2011

Unless UPS Priority gets delivered on Saturdays, I should get this Monday morning!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So I'm assuming no UPS Saturday delivery tomorrow...correct? >>

You are correct. You'll have to tough it out for 2 more days.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Auction for a PCGS set in 70:

ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Auction for a PCGS set in 70:

ebay >>

Not in hand but they sound like they submit enough to deliver....probably won't do as well as the "in hand" coins though....
  • Options
    Does it seem like prices are declining or maybe people just have lives so there's not a lot of activity on feeBay?
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭
    oh my...

2011 5-piece ANACS 70 FDOI Silver Eagle Dollars 25th Anniversary SetItem: 161-740
    HSN Price: $2,999.95 Shipping & Handling: $18.95

link

edited to correct link
  • Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

<< <i>oh my...

2011 5-piece ANACS 70 FDOI Silver Eagle Dollars 25th Anniversary SetItem: 161-740

link >>

PCGS slabs will probably double that for a 70 set.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> In another thread it seemed posters with alot of Mint experience had said they've never had "in process, backordered" not be filled. >>

Means they don't know for sure if you will get your order. I have had "backordered" eventually get cancelled in the past. When they know for sure that you will not get it they will change it to cancelled.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok....so Anacs $2999 x 2 (PCGS) = $6000 for a 1st strike 70 set does this calculation seem right?
  • Options
    looks like we are in the same boat...mine was very close to 2:30 still says in stock and reserved
  • Options
    I wonder if PBGS is working on Saturday, I'm on deck.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Auction for a PCGS set in 70:

ebay >>

Not in hand but they sound like they submit enough to deliver....probably won't do as well as the "in hand" coins though.... >>

Also not 1st strike
  • Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok....so Anacs $2999 x 2 (PCGS) = $6000 for a 1st strike 70 set does this calculation seem right? >>

I guess it would depend how many 70's get handed out or the lack of.

As a holder of sealed sets do you wish for many or very few 70's to begin?
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok....so Anacs $2999 x 2 (PCGS) = $6000 for a 1st strike 70 set does this calculation seem right? >>

8-10,000 for a PCGS 1st strike 70s
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I received my last two shipments yesterday. Super quite - no rattle.

I opened my rattle box and in one set, the capsules popped out but the coins were still inside them. >>

At least your coins were still inside their capsules. I wasn't quite so lucky. The capsule was in its correct spot, but the coin was laying loose inside the box! image >>

Proofs suffer the most from this medical condition. Have experienced it on a few purchases in the past. If it is gonna break free, hope it is not a proof.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does it seem like prices are declining or maybe people just have lives so there's not a lot of activity on feeBay? >>

Everybody is sending their sets in for grading. Look for pcgs stock to rise.
  • Options
    Mine shippped yesterday and arrived today! I opened (of course they were loose as many others reported) I have been admiring all day! Wish I bought more than one: when I hit the lotto and mint answered and asked "how many would you like" I stupidly said one. No matter I would have just sold to friends for cost + shipping anyway, which would sting more. I love the set, it is amazing in person!
  • Options
    I'm unsure if this type of situation was reported, but:

My wife was ordering sets for my father/mother in law, and was able to get 2 orders in during all the craziness. Those two orders (for 2 each) show back ordered for one and in stock for the other.

Today, we received a notice from the Mint that yet another order had 1 item row cancelled; this order WAS NOT one of the other orders. So, we went to the Mint's site to look up this new order and see that it is back ordered (in the 38408xxx range), but 1 ASE set is on that order. And what's more, my mother-in-law's credit card was the one that was used to generate the order. My wife does recall attempting to use that card; but every time she hit enter on the CC screen, the Mint's site sent back "Invalid Credit Card" every time.

I gain two pieces of insight from this event:

1. Late orders may have a shot as we have not yet received the "Sorry, but you aren't getting your order" email.
    2. Even when the site was reporting problems with a credit card, it seems the possibility of the order going through still exists.

Anyone else experience this?
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    my 5 sets are almost in the pipeline.image

Detailed Results:

Arrival at Post Office, November 11, 2011, 11:21 am, NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 11, 2011, 8:00 am, SANTA ANA, CA 92799
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 10, 2011, 9:12 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11430
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 10, 2011, 6:04 pm, STAMFORD, CT 06910
    Dispatched from USPS Sort Facility, November 10, 2011, STAMFORD, CT 06910
    Acceptance, November 10, 2011, 4:57 pm, DANBURY, CT 06810
    Dispatched from USPS Sort Facility, November 10, 2011, SANTA ANA, CA 92799
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 09, 2011
    Dispatched to Sort Facility, November 09, 2011, 6:18 pm, DANBURY, CT 06810
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>I received an email from the Mint 9:30 last night stating that my order shipped ! Order was placed at 1:50 PM >>

Mine were placed right after yours, and my emails arrived at 9:38 & 9:40 last night. No delivery today - how long are the deliveries taking? The Mint's tracking numbers don't work at all for me.
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to UPS, attempted delivery this morning while I was at work, then just showed up on his way home with my big box of ASE-action.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm unsure if this type of situation was reported, but:

My wife was ordering sets for my father/mother in law, and was able to get 2 orders in during all the craziness. Those two orders (for 2 each) show back ordered for one and in stock for the other.

Today, we received a notice from the Mint that yet another order had 1 item row cancelled; this order WAS NOT one of the other orders. So, we went to the Mint's site to look up this new order and see that it is back ordered (in the 38408xxx range), but 1 ASE set is on that order. And what's more, my mother-in-law's credit card was the one that was used to generate the order. My wife does recall attempting to use that card; but every time she hit enter on the CC screen, the Mint's site sent back "Invalid Credit Card" every time.

I gain two pieces of insight from this event:

1. Late orders may have a shot as we have not yet received the "Sorry, but you aren't getting your order" email.
    2. Even when the site was reporting problems with a credit card, it seems the possibility of the order going through still exists.

Anyone else experience this? >>

No, but thanks for posting this. At least gives some hope.

Nothing's ever straitforward with the mint

@!@
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that it's 11-11-11, could someone show the two 11's that matter in this set ? Just curious what they look like.
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>oh my...

link

edited to correct link >>

Please note: this must be a special issue as they are 99.3% pure silver!
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    alangloialangloi Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    First post to this forum, but have read the posts here for awhile. Maybe not the first post (apparently my forth), but it's been awhile...

Can someone please let me know how much PCGS wants, per box, to return the mint boxes and literature?

Thank You in advance. (I got in and ordered/received 3 sets, one for me, one for my brother, and one for my niece. I'm happy (assuming no sliders).)
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you noticed how many "low feedback score" sellers there are of these on Ebay.....as low as zero feedback....how do you trust purchasing from them? I don't want to get a box of phone books....scary stuff
  • Options

<< <i>Have you noticed how many "low feedback score" sellers there are of these on Ebay.....as low as zero feedback....how do you trust purchasing from them? I don't want to get a box of phone books....scary stuff >>

I hear that...one red flag is the feedback...then you move on to the black flag: "Money order only." Killer combo in my opinion...
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>First post to this forum, but have read the posts here for awhile. Maybe not the first post (apparently my forth), but it's been awhile...

Can someone please let me know how much PCGS wants, per box, to return the mint boxes and literature?

Thank You in advance. (I got in and ordered/received 3 sets, one for me, one for my brother, and one for my niece. I'm happy (assuming no sliders).) >>

I thought that all you had to do was request the packaging back and there was no cost, My set of three is already at our hosts and I did not include anymore money for the return. And I was told I could put all three coins on one line instead of seperatly didn't realize the numbers will not be in sequence oh well another lesson. Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file