Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    WOW no I sign on and there is 2 orders with diffrent order numbers for the 27th. I have no clue where the 2nd order number came from. The 1st order which is my offical order has in stock and reserved and my CC has been billed. The 2nd order that appeared today for the first time has backorderd with a cancel button and a totally diffrent order number....anyone have any clue to what is going on here!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>So my order arrives today--The box had been opened, lable cut in half, and retaped with clear tape. One seam of the box completely untaped.

Called the mint to register a complaint and told that there have been other reports of this today as well.

So my question is will this be rejected for 1st Strike designation on the 3 other coins? >>

You better open that box. Its completely ruined for any 'sealed' submittal to the graders if that was your plan. Still lots of value in opened sets, ie. send in the keys, sell as open sts to persons who could care less about slabs, and lots of pitfalls with sealed boxes/
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So my order arrives today--The box had been opened, lable cut in half, and retaped with clear tape. One seam of the box completely untaped.

Called the mint to register a complaint and told that there have been other reports of this today as well.

So my question is will this be rejected for 1st Strike designation on the 3 other coins? >>

I would be more concerned with what is now in the box.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MCM has an auction up already on eBay for NGC graded set of 70's...

Linky >>

Item is in stock and pics of graded coins are the actual coins.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PS: nothing to cherry pick! Mine are sealed, so I can't swap anything. >>

Sounds good. I probably won't know until next Friday whether or not I'm going to get these...........

PM next week for an update. >>

I'll still pursue a trade from someone who definitely has 5 coming, but we all know how slim chances of this happening are....
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>MCM has an auction up already on eBay for NGC graded set of 70's...

Linky >>

Item is in stock and pics of graded coins are the actual coins. >>

once again.. dealers did a good job of lowering price expectations from sellers to buy sets ,, just like 2006 buy the graded sets early
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received tracking number for set ordered at 2:19 PM
    Order # 38348xxx

KP

To all Vets: Thank you for your service!! >>

Do they wait until your CC payment clears to ship or is pending status sufficient?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    MCM 69 set is 705 so far and the 70 set 2,000 bid with 2 days to go..
    1000 for the 69s and 3500 for the 70s at end of auction ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>moving funds out of your pay-pal account is another way to prevent this type of charge (although PP will hold your account hostage for the money >>

Won't work...they will reverse the sale and if your account does not have the cash they will debit the bank account on file.

Re: empty box claim...that is not the problem. It is when they claim there was some other order inside instead of what they ordered...mint/pf set etc. They will state you mixed up your boxes by mistake....

I just can't take the chance....no sealed box sales for me >>

I didn't think that PP could access your account without your written approval.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    First single set for over $1000

Text
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I received my last two shipments yesterday. Super quite - no rattle.

I opened my rattle box and in one set, the capsules popped out but the coins were still inside them.
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My only Friend in the Friend and Family Network thought it would be right to open the box to inspect the contents despite repeated instructions (and explanations) not to open the box.

/q]

ohh man, I hate that. I've dumped at lease five F&F for that issue done repeatedly. It's cost me money and really make me wonder what drives that compulsion.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

Most likely yes. Did they say if this was being done by the fulfillment center and did they say if any of the other reporters said that items were missing?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>moving funds out of your pay-pal account is another way to prevent this type of charge (although PP will hold your account hostage for the money >>

Won't work...they will reverse the sale and if your account does not have the cash they will debit the bank account on file.

Re: empty box claim...that is not the problem. It is when they claim there was some other order inside instead of what they ordered...mint/pf set etc. They will state you mixed up your boxes by mistake....

I didn't think that PP could access your account without your written approval. >>

LOL PP can and has drawn funds from linked bank accounts. Written approval, I hardly think so.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I didn't think that PP could access your account without your written approval. >>

LOL PP can and has drawn funds from linked bank accounts. Written approval, I hardly think so. >>

I thought there was a suit against them several years ago that disallowed them from that practice.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    If you have Pp linked to a bank, they have access. Been, done, seen that.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOL PP can and has drawn funds from linked bank accounts. Written approval, I hardly think so. >>

when you start dealing with PayPal you more or less agree they can reverse any transaction if they see fit.

This is why you can't link to your main bank accounts. Always link to an empty account.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>If you have Pp linked to a bank, they have access. Been, done, seen that. >>

Removal of funds from any bank account by PP without your electronic consent is illegal. they know this, I have been through this.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    They just neg your paypal balance and you have to pay it off to use it again
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you have Pp linked to a bank, they have access. Been, done, seen that. >>

Removal of funds from any bank account by PP without your electronic consent is illegal. they know this, I have been through this. >>

you give them consent with the "user agreement"

if you link an account, it goes both ways. they can reverse transactions just like a bank can reverse a transaction (even though PP is no bank)
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    So is there a strong recommendation to open the boxes to be safe? It's starting to look that way...I have a friends box of 5 sealed on ebay, but Im starting to get nervous with all this talk...
  • Options

<< <i>So is there a strong recommendation to open the boxes to be safe? It's starting to look that way...I have a friends box of 5 sealed on ebay, but Im starting to get nervous with all this talk... >>

dude...

trade that sealed box with mine...

my friend opened mine (I can't discern why with all the different stories I was told)

it didn't rattle when I got it.

I opened each set.

All the capsules are seated, AND

absolutley NO loose coins were found.

I'll pay for shipping AND INSURANCE both ways ...

I need a sealed box of 5.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you buy something and have no money in your PP account they take it directly from your bank account...same thing with a reversal
  • Options

<< <i>They just neg your paypal balance and you have to pay it off to use it again >>

exactly. your user agreement with them states you will pay them money owed to them, it does give them blanket, unauthorized access to your bank account. to recover a negative balance they are forced to pursue legal channels. An account holder, if he desires, will have his day in court.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Removal of funds from any bank account by PP without your electronic consent is illegal. they know this, I have been through this. >>

you give them consent with the "user agreement"

if you link an account, it goes both ways. they can reverse transactions just like a bank can reverse a transaction (even though PP is no bank) >>

Correct...I had it happen to me when a buyer backed out of a ATB set of pucks....I always transfer the cash out of that bank account to another account but for some reason I was slow this time....won't happen again
  • Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Do you guys think adding the secure plus shield to the First Strike and the 25th label will add more value? Bad part is, you don't get the First Strike flag. Under the type of coin on the label it will just say "First Strike". What to do??
  • Options
    I asked this question in the submission thread, but didn't get an answer so I'll try here....

Can I submit a box of 5 for first strike on a collectors club voucher? I know I'd have to pay FS fees but otherwise would they be covered?
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just received tracking number for set ordered at 2:19 PM
    Order # 38348xxx

KP

To all Vets: Thank you for your service!! >>

hmm.. my order 38347xxx at 2:20 hasn't shipped yet
  • Options

<< <i>I asked this question in the submission thread, but didn't get an answer so I'll try here....

Can I submit a box of 5 for first strike on a collectors club voucher? I know I'd have to pay FS fees but otherwise would they be covered? >>

I believe vouchers are a separate submission and I think only for coins within that submission. I called and asked a similar question and what they rattled off was confusing but in the end it was no dice. Call and find out.
  • Options
    that was mine that went for 1,025.00
    25th silver eagle set
  • Options

<< <i>that was mine that went for 1,025.00 >>

• Options
    Duplicate post....sneezed when submitting.image
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I think If I sold one for 1000, I'd turn right around and buy one for 725 while I could
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    so, what is the secret to getting these hi bids?

Looking at the $936 sale and the $736 sale 4 minutes later, the 2 listings have very similar pics,
    similar text, both are in-hand?

I don't get it.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so, what is the secret to getting these hi bids?

Looking at the $936 sale and the $736 sale 4 minutes later, the 2 listings have very similar pics,

I don't get it. >>

Theres no secret...that's why I never do auctions, always BIN. It's the only way you have any control over the price you're getting

• Options

I don't get it. >>

I agree...oh, need to check feedback? Dunno...
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options

I don't get it. >>

$936 = dumb money

$736 = bargain shopping

$300 = sitting pretty

• Options

<< <i>My only Friend in the Friend and Family Network thought it would be right to open the box to inspect the contents despite repeated instructions (and explanations) not to open the box.

>>

I always tell my friends up front, you open it, you buy it... and not at issue price either, but market price when I decide to sell.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

It looks like the buyers are now starting to buy the retreads as the original mint buyers are selling for a decent price and buying at todays

price. The flip mania has started. I know I sold one of my boxes of 5 sets and bought a single unopened box so I could send it off to NGC for

grading with my 5 free submissions coupon.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

>>

I always tell my friends up front, you open it, you buy it... and not at issue price either, but market price when I decide to sell. >>

Man, wish I had more "friends" like you!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

>>

I always tell my friends up front, you open it, you buy it... and not at issue price either, but market price when I decide to sell. >>

And that works? Sure wouldn't for me. Don't think I'd even try.
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Anybody getting any kiss of death emails from the mint today? If so what are the order numbers. Thanks
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'd be very concerned...who knows what's in your "sealed box" now. >>

it's not 1st strike that is at issue.

it is the 25th anniversary set label that is at issue.

and your box has just been excluded. >>

Nope, the PCGS rep told me the reverse proof and S are first strike and 25th anniversary set eligible if I send them before the deadline.

I opened the box as it didn't make any difference one way or the other. The coins and sets were fine. Even used a 10x loop in sunlight and didnt have an issue with any of the coins.

Hard to understand why this would have happened.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    A single unopened set just listed on Ebay for $1199 BIN.......got to track this one and possibly re-evaluate....
  • Options
    callawayc7callawayc7 Posts: 303 ✭✭✭

<< <i>[

>>

Really? I'm willing to bet your "friends and family" network will go down to zero members really quick.
  • Options
    Here's something for eBay sellers to consider...the final price (to the buyer) will be different, depending on which category you list the coin set. eBay made a policy change a couple months ago and will no longer offer "eBay Bucks" (2% kickback to the buyer) if the item is listed in the "Coins & Paper Money/Bullion" category. List in any other category, and the Bucks kickback will still apply.

Now, have you noticed that sets listed in the "Coins & Paper Money/US Coins" category are realizing higher sales prices?
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>[

>>

Really? I'm willing to bet your "friends and family" network will go down to zero members really quick. >>

Not at all. I prepay, remind them of the rules a few times, and they remember not to open. The only reason for them to back out is if they have no self control, and if so I wouldn't want their help for something like this anyway considering the money involved.
  • Options
    3600!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file