Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i><< Pitney Bowes (PBGS) is a private company that provides services to the government - does anyone think they will be stuffing boxes full of SAEs tomorrow (a Federal holiday)???? UPS will be working, but the PO won't be. >> >>

I can assure you, as a postal employee, that I am working tomorrow. I'm not a carrier but I do work on the "bundle sort machine" and will be processing packages tomorrow. We even work on Christmas. >>

And Sundays! >>

there is a branch near me open Sundays 12-5 or 6 >>

Interesting, never heard of that. However, unless you were just adding on to my comment, you may have taken it wrong. A lot of people have the misconception that the USPS closes down 100% on Sundays. While BRANCHES/RETAIL stores [mostly] do, the backend does not. Mail still moves on Sundays. >>

I thought that too until I had a priority mail package get sorted and scanned on a Sunday.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • does anyone know what it means when you log onto you mint account and open your order where it should say order date its blank? any reasons behind that? or has it happined to anyone else on here?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i><< Pitney Bowes (PBGS) is a private company that provides services to the government - does anyone think they will be stuffing boxes full of SAEs tomorrow (a Federal holiday)???? UPS will be working, but the PO won't be. >> >>

I can assure you, as a postal employee, that I am working tomorrow. I'm not a carrier but I do work on the "bundle sort machine" and will be processing packages tomorrow. We even work on Christmas. >>

And Sundays! >>

there is a branch near me open Sundays 12-5 or 6 >>

Interesting, never heard of that. However, unless you were just adding on to my comment, you may have taken it wrong. A lot of people have the misconception that the USPS closes down 100% on Sundays. While BRANCHES/RETAIL stores [mostly] do, the backend does not. Mail still moves on Sundays. >>

I thought that too until I had a priority mail package get sorted and scanned on a Sunday. >>

Wait..as I said before, mail MOVES on Sundays but usually isn't open for retail service on Sundays. You're saying you shipped a package out on Sunday?
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>does anyone know what it means when you log onto you mint account and open your order where it should say order date its blank? any reasons behind that? or has it happined to anyone else on here? >>

That happened to me just once - a few days ago at 3am EDT. It was explained that late at night the Mint backs up their servers? which causes things to "disappear?". I really don't understand all that but later on all my orders did come back from wherever they were so it was fine. But I've never heard of that happening this early in the evening. Good luck.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my order shipped today, order was at 1:59pm >>

Is that according to the Mint or UPS?
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find it a bit ironic that the US Mint (through their agent) is using UPS to ship product while over in the Senate they are working on a bailout of the USPS?

These are being shipped next day air - is that before 10 a.m. or noon?
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Box just came arrived at my house image
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 829 ✭✭✭
    In the "old" days I always received my coins by USPS - I had a POBox then and used to look forward to the little pink slip -
    which meant the coins were in awaiting my JH. UPS must give them a huge discount - with the volume of shipments
    the Mint performs they must pay a dollar or less for each overnight. USPS may have hit them harder but I
    agree USPS should be given priority as a sister government organization.
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order was at 3:23 EST. It hasn't shipped yet, but maybe enought complaints will come in that they will evaluate the packaging process to prevent coins from coming out of the holders before they ship mine.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • I know this has probably been discussed somewhere when PCGS decided to do FS on all the coins, but I just want to clarify that if I keep my 2 set box sealed, will I always be able to get both the 25th Anniversary and the First Strike designations on all the coins when I send them (sealed) to PCGS? Or if I decide to sell the sealed box, say 6 months from now, I can state that in the listing? Just don't want to miss any windows! Thanks in advance.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Correct M. image
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I know this has probably been discussed somewhere when PCGS decided to do FS on all the coins, but I just want to clarify that if I keep my 2 set box sealed, will I always be able to get both the 25th Anniversary and the First Strike designations on all the coins when I send them (sealed) to PCGS? Or if I decide to sell the sealed box, say 6 months from now, I can state that in the listing? Just don't want to miss any windows! Thanks in advance. >>

That is my understanding. However, I asked the same question on Don's thread on how to submit them for grading as at one time there was a "11/27/2011 deadline date" on their website. It is not there anymore. However, I never got an answer.
  • I noticed on ebay somebody sold the 3 already released coins for $211 (in the box no less) so I'm guessing they are grading the 2 new coins. Will be interesting to see what those bring graded vs a set. Those 3 coins in the box looked mighty lonely without their brothers (or is it sisters)?...
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With all due respect for the experts on this board........Look for prices to peak at around 1500 per sealed boxes of 1 set (buyers will be hoping to send in for 70's) and prices for 5 set boxes to exceed 6000............Level price points will be 700 plus for an open set and stay over 1200 for sealed single sets..............(yes I have horses in this race).............2 coins that have mintages of 100K in a market of solid buyers that exceed 200K............and some of these collectors have never heard of the message boards and are just now or will be learning of this mint offering...........the high prices are just starting...........I have fielded over 50 e-mails from clients asking about these sets! >>

With all due respect as well, I think that these estimates are far too high.

I think that they will settle at about $500 for single open sets, $650 for sealed.

I think that the prices will peak very soon with the 5 sealed sets perhaps pushing $4500. The flood will hit soon and the prices will drop.

I do think that they are a sure bet to always stay well above issue price.

With each new hot item the predictions are sky high - until the flood hits.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>The 2011S models out at over $300 all by itself as a MS-69 and the 2011RP-69 is at least a $200 coin. In 12 months I think you will have a hard time finding a 25th set for less than $600++++. Don,t be in a big hurry to dump on a double unless the mint announces more 2011S or Rf coins are pending.

Eric >>

With respect to my last post.....Eric knows far better than I :-)

<< <i>I believe when the graded coins start to hit the market and the prices plateau and level off, the reason for buying a sealed set will be less of an incentive. Why buy a sealed set & pay $3k plus $388, at least, wait a month, and with a cost per coin being $136 ($680 per set), it wouldn't make sense. For First Strikes, add $450 in fees, the per coin cost is $153.52 ($767.60 per set). Their wallets will be subject to a big sucking sound with moths taking over.

Those who bought directly from the Mint are the ones in the driver's seat paying $1,500 for 5 sets plus $388, calculating to $75.52 per coin ($378 per set). That sounds a lot better. If you opt for First Strikes, your per coin cost is $93.52 ($467.60 per set), still reasonable.

I am not sure what the bottom of the market for graded sets will be, maybe $650 for a First Strike 69 set.

My two cents worth. >>

One thing is for sure: the first PCGS 70 FS sets will bring MOON money!!

I wonder where the PCGS 70FS '11 s and RP will settle out? Eric, any estimate? Thanks.

<< <i>

<< <i>SOLD - $1699 for one sealed set >>

He hit the BIN for $1699 when the highest bid was for $750. Doesn't sound right. Seller beware image >>

That's for sure. By far, the worst "buyers" in my 11 years on Ebay were the puck buyers.

<< <i>This is my first post loooong time lurker!!!! Could you please tell me what BST stands for?
    Thank you in advance >>

Welcome!!

• Ebay flood is starting, around 250 auctions up at 2038 hours. I wonder where the prices will settle?
  • I listed a quantity of 3 @ $1099. I got a best offer for $975 for one set. Seems like the prices are still climbing. I have a feeling we'll see more action over the weekend.
  • I got my 5 sets today and repackaged them and went to the PO to send them west. I wanted to send them Priority Registered Insured as the insurance costs are lower and it is more secure. Much to my chagrin I was told that registered mail cannot have any clear or plastic tape on the package. I had used about 22 yards of clear packing tape and official Priority mail tape so I was definitely in trouble. We went to a UPS store, Office Max, Ace Hardware and none of them had paper tape..... I bought a roll of brown packing paper and proceeded to wallpaper my box using 3M spray adhesive. It looks like a brown brick, seamless with no tape and is ready to go. I will get to sit and look at it until Monday so thats exciting.
    Tomorrow I get a free lunch at Applebee's. If you are a Vet go have one on them. Here's a link to free meals and discounts for Vets.

http://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/#axzz1d5J5gB9L

Regards,
    KP

• << <i>I got my 5 sets today and repackaged them and went to the PO to send them west. I wanted to send them Priority Registered Insured as the insurance costs are lower and it is more secure. Much to my chagrin I was told that registered mail cannot have any clear or plastic tape on the package. I had used about 22 yards of clear packing tape and official Priority mail tape so I was definitely in trouble. We went to a UPS store, Office Max, Ace Hardware and none of them had paper tape..... I bought a roll of brown packing paper and proceeded to wallpaper my box using 3M spray adhesive. It looks like a brown brick, seamless with no tape and is ready to go. I will get to sit and look at it until Monday so thats exciting.
    Tomorrow I get a free lunch at Applebee's. If you are a Vet go have one on them. Here's a link to free meals and discounts for Vets.

http://themilitarywallet.com/veterans-day-free-meals-and-discounts/#axzz1d5J5gB9L

Regards,
    KP >>

How's that quote go..."there's no such thing as a free lunch" or something like that? I guess in this case, that quote is about 100% accurate. Thanks for serving our country, KP!
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Well this is weird....The charge on my account for the sets is gone. image

-Paul
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got my 5 sets today and repackaged them and went to the PO to send them west. I wanted to send them Priority Registered Insured as the insurance costs are lower and it is more secure. Much to my chagrin I was told that registered mail cannot have any clear or plastic tape on the package. I had used about 22 yards of clear packing tape and official Priority mail tape so I was definitely in trouble. We went to a UPS store, Office Max, Ace Hardware and none of them had paper tape..... I bought a roll of brown packing paper and proceeded to wallpaper my box using 3M spray adhesive. It looks like a brown brick, seamless with no tape and is ready to go. I will get to sit and look at it until Monday so thats exciting.

Regards,
    KP >>

I posted this in at least two threads one of which I believe was this one:

Registered, insured:

-Safest, I mail hundreds a year, never lost one. Each postal employee that takes possession of it signs for it.
    -Slowest 5-10 days
    -An "extra service" added to either first class or priority mailing fee. You pay a mailing fee plus the registered fee.
    -If under 13 oz. mails at the cheaper first class mailing fee, if over mails at priority mailing fee.
    -Since it is an extra service for priority, you can take advantage of priority flat rate mailing fee with the registered fee added.
    -Registered fee climbs as insurance coverage climbs, but nowhere near as fast as priority insurance climbs.
    -Cheaper than regular priority insured if value is over $750 (priority insurance rates get expensive, while cheaper insurance rates are built into registered fee).
    -Priority registered is still slow, only difference is you are paying a higher mailing fee (priority) because of the weight.
    -If your buyer is looking for fast shipment (trying to meet 30 day first strike deadline) registered needs to be reconsidered.
    -Allows up to $25K insurance while express allows up to $5K insurance.
    -Requires paper tape over all package seams so clerk can apply tamperproof stamped seal. Glue back tape hard to find, available at Staples. Tape is required only over seams, not the entire package.
    -Electronic return receipt can be purchased in lieu of more expensive signature confirmation. Meets ebay/paypal requirement for signature confirmation and requires no form, just ask for it when you ship. Provides on line viewing of receiving signature and in most cases in-route tracking.
    -Has to be purchased at post office counter, no on-line registered label purchasing.
    -Requires PS Form 3806 (4x4 white form), available at all PO customer counter areas.

I use it on most everything I sell. I walk up to the counter, hand the clerk the package and the form and say "first class registered insured with electronic return receipt." If it is over 13 oz. clerk will tell me it has to go at priority mailing rate. Do not pay the higher priority mailing fee if it does not require it (under 13 oz.). Again going priority makes no difference on delivery time.

I can mail a gold coin registered insured ($1800) for about $20.

Express starts at around $20. There is only one flat rate express offered and it is the cardboard envelope, $20. All other express gets expensive as weight increases. However, I can safely fit 3 graded coins in a bubble envelope that goes inside the cardboard flat rate envelope and mail insured ($2000) for about $20-$22. Sometimes I can get a high dollar small shipment to my customer faster at about the same cost as registered using the express flat rate envelope

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Email from pcgs....does this mean anything?
    I didn't know there was a plan to label the non-s as an s

IMPORTANT UPDATE: November 10, 2011. We have received the first submissions of the 25th Anniversary Coins. The mint sealed packaging includes a Certificate of Authenticity. That certificate lists all 5 coins. In that list the bullion coin with no mint mark is reported to be minted in either San Francisco or West Point. This information conflicts with earlier reports so PCGS contacted the mint directly. We were told by a mint official that while most of the no mint coins were minted in San Francisco there is no guarantee that all of the no mint coins were minted there. Consequently PCGS cannot label the no mint coins as (S) as originally planned. Those coins are still eligible for 25th Anniversary Labels and for First Strike according to the already published guidelines. We apologize for all the confusion.

Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.

• << <i>I got my 5 sets today and repackaged them and went to the PO to send them west. I wanted to send them Priority Registered Insured as the insurance costs are lower and it is more secure. Much to my chagrin I was told that registered mail cannot have any clear or plastic tape on the package. I had used about 22 yards of clear packing tape and official Priority mail tape so I was definitely in trouble. We went to a UPS store, Office Max, Ace Hardware and none of them had paper tape..... I bought a roll of brown packing paper and proceeded to wallpaper my box using 3M spray adhesive. It looks like a brown brick, seamless with no tape and is ready to go. I will get to sit and look at it until Monday so thats exciting.

Regards,
    KP >>

dman292, enjoy lunch and thank you for your service.

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>Video of me opening my box of five with a damaged loose coin at the end >>

That sucks. Was it dinged/scratched?

Thanks for the footage.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Dang Robin, those are some nice coins! Still fighting over my cancelled order.
  • got mine at 9:30 AM. i sent them to the left coast express. 5 sets and nothing rattling or sliding in box. got home at 4:30 and had box and label printed and ready to go. scanned box in at local PO at 4:57. tracking is showing

"Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 10, 2011, 9:12 pm, JAMAICA, NY 11430" which means JFK airport.

went for all the bells and whistles!!! image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • anyone with orders past 4pm est have a status change yet....
    i have 2 single orders after 4pm and have not received either the wait-list email or cancel email
  • 1:30pm EST order listed as shipped late today.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • with every open set
    the other 3 coins will increase for the label collectors......
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well this is weird....The charge on my account for the sets is gone. image

call the your Cc company..... they may have ......... flagged as a fraud charge

-Paul >>

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Well this is weird....The charge on my account for the sets is gone. image

-Paul >>

>>

The weird thing is I actually called BOA because my friend's order got cancelled to check on it, and he said it was fine! I have the sets in hand, so I'm assuming the mint won't be happy....Should I wait for them to contact me?

-Paul
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gang, I see lots of references here about shipping your "precious" 25th sets to PCGS, or buyers, etc. via Express USPS Mail.

WARNING: USPS Express Mail Insurance may NOT cover your coins in case of loss or damage.

See Section 4.2 here: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm#1097134

"4.2c For negotiable items, currency, or bullion, the maximum indemnity is $15.00. "

4.2b references merchandise with higher limits, but is subject to some interpretation. Are you willing to take that chance?

If there are any USPS experts out there, please feel free to correct me if wrong.

I ALWAYS use First Class or Priority Registered Mail for my high end coin shipments for this reason.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

-Paul >>

>>

The weird thing is I actually called BOA because my friend's order got cancelled to check on it, and he said it was fine! I have the sets in hand, so I'm assuming the mint won't be happy....Should I wait for them to contact me?

-Paul >>

Actually same thing happens at my bank its kinda wierd trust me check tommorow and your money will be gone.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Gang, I see lots of references here about shipping your "precious" 25th sets to PCGS, or buyers, etc. via Express USPS Mail. WARNING: USPS Express Mail Insurance may NOT cover your coins in case of loss or damage. See Section 4.2 here: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm#1097134 "4.2c For negotiable items, currency, or bullion, the maximum indemnity is $15.00. " 4.2b references merchandise with higher limits, but is subject to some interpretation. Are you willing to take that chance? If there are any USPS experts out there, please feel free to correct me if wrong. I ALWAYS use First Class or Priority Registered Mail for my high end coin shipments for this reason. >>

False alarm. This subject has been discussed ad nauseum many times in multiple threads. Express Mail covers numismatic coins up to $5000. These are not considered "negotiable items, currency or bullion"; they are collectible coins and are valued at market value (whatever that may be)
  • I just sold two sets at $850 BIN each+$10 shipping each.

Prices are climbing as well. I see many $800+ listings completed.
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of you selling sealed boxes on Ebay; How are you going to protect yourself from the scammers that will open the box and then claim the contents is damaged and try to return it as damaged or SNAD after they cherry pick the coins they want?

Paypal/ebay almost always sides with the buyer on SNAD cases.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Weigh and photo the unopened package and send with sig. confirmation ... that should cover you image

gary
    Ebay Seller Americansilvereagle 800+ feedback

• << <i>Those of you selling sealed boxes on Ebay; How are you going to protect yourself from the scammers that will open the box and then claim the contents is damaged and try to return it as damaged or SNAD after they cherry pick the coins they want?

Paypal/ebay almost always sides with the buyer on SNAD cases. >>

I've got it real clear in my auction(s)...let me know if you see any flaws.

Please note that some people have reported these packages coming directly from the mint with the coins not seated in their packaging. I am NOT responsible for this and I CANNOT guarantee anything since I am NOT opening these boxes. You can be assured that I will handle them with care but what happens before they got to me and what happens after they leave my possession is out of my control.

Also have NO return policy. Now, if I was selling opened boxes, I would surely have a return policy. However, selling something sight unseen is asking for trouble if you offer a return policy.
  • youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Those of you selling sealed boxes on Ebay; How are you going to protect yourself from the scammers that will open the box and then claim the contents is damaged and try to return it as damaged or SNAD after they cherry pick the coins they want?

Please note that some people have reported these packages coming directly from the mint with the coins not seated in their packaging. I am NOT responsible for this and I CANNOT guarantee anything since I am NOT opening these boxes. You can be assured that I will handle them with care but what happens before they got to me and what happens after they leave my possession is out of my control.

Also have NO return policy. Now, if I was selling opened boxes, I would surely have a return policy. However, selling something sight unseen is asking for trouble if you offer a return policy. >>

Chance you are willing to take selling sealed. Buyer may claim they received an empty box. ..

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Those of you selling sealed boxes on Ebay; How are you going to protect yourself from the scammers that will open the box and then claim the contents is damaged and try to return it as damaged or SNAD after they cherry pick the coins they want?

Also have NO return policy. Now, if I was selling opened boxes, I would surely have a return policy. However, selling something sight unseen is asking for trouble if you offer a return policy. >>

Chance you are willing to take selling sealed. Buyer may claim they received an empty box. >>

I think some of you are a bit too paranoid on here. I guess everyone has that mentality until something happens to them though?

• << <i>

Chance you are willing to take selling sealed. Buyer may claim they received an empty box. >>

Opened seems to be yielding better profit than a sealed box of 5 so I cracked mine out. Will help the value of the 3 previously released ones I get graded too image Hope this keeps up and people keep cracking them out of sealed boxes.
  • There are ebay scammers out there that will claim that there was something else in the box or it was empty, "oh I got the package today and it was a bunch of US Mint quarter rolls did you do this on purpose, I'm sure you didn't but now I'm stuck with $200 worth of quarters for $4000, how should we fix this problem now without getting paypal involved through a dispute form?." I would never send a 5 set unopened box on ebay and risk a chargeback of $4000, yes 1 set, but not 5. Paypal has a world class reputation of siding with buyers regardless of how much proof the seller has. Not worth it, there is so much demand for these things to take risks like sending them to a naitonal coin company and waiting for your payment or selling them to a national coin company for $80 more than what you paid for them. LOL (I still can't believe with the history of the 2006 anniversary sets and the 95W that someone would be happy with $80 over what they paid for them) When you have something that is red hot it you are in the drivers seat and not someone else.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey Gang, I see lots of references here about shipping your "precious" 25th sets to PCGS, or buyers, etc. via Express USPS Mail. WARNING: USPS Express Mail Insurance may NOT cover your coins in case of loss or damage. See Section 4.2 here: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm#1097134 "4.2c For negotiable items, currency, or bullion, the maximum indemnity is $15.00. " 4.2b references merchandise with higher limits, but is subject to some interpretation. Are you willing to take that chance? If there are any USPS experts out there, please feel free to correct me if wrong. I ALWAYS use First Class or Priority Registered Mail for my high end coin shipments for this reason. >>

False alarm. This subject has been discussed ad nauseum many times in multiple threads. Express Mail covers numismatic coins up to $5000. These are not considered "negotiable items, currency or bullion"; they are collectible coins and are valued at market value (whatever that may be) >>

Five sets are coming to me via UPS apparently, weight 15.4 lbs. Is there a weight limit for sending Registered Mail?
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Having sold many many unopened boxes on e-bay over the years I have yet to have a buyer claim an empty package. Might just be luck I guess. Your protection is postage scale weight and photo's. Past that moving funds out of your pay-pal account is another way to prevent this type of charge (although PP will hold your account hostage for the money).........Good communication with a buyer should also give you some indication of a scammer......The higher costs of these pieces are sure to bring the slime out of the holes they live in...........checking toolhaus for previous actions might also help................

• << <i>

If the buyer says the coins were out of their capsules and damaged Ebay will side with the buyer and refund payment. It doesn't mean they HAVE to be out of the capsules but that will be the excuse for buyer's remorse...sealed box is irrelevant.
    If one is really paranoid the buyer can say there was a proof set inside and return it for full refund....now THAT would suck...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file