Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    I think a better gift would be to update their servers so they wouldn't crash image
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    The ebay mania is starting early, here's a pre-sale listing -

5 - 2011 SILVER EAGLE 25th ANNIVERSARY 5-COIN SETS PRE SALE ON SALE OCT 27

ONLY 100,000 MINTED YOU GET 5 MINT SEALED SETS 25 COINS

Price: US $5,000.00
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The ebay mania is starting early, here's a pre-sale listing -

5 - 2011 SILVER EAGLE 25th ANNIVERSARY 5-COIN SETS PRE SALE ON SALE OCT 27

ONLY 100,000 MINTED YOU GET 5 MINT SEALED SETS 25 COINS

Price: US $5,000.00 >>

That's only $200 an ounce image
    violates ebay 30 day pre sale policy because the mint site says the mint won't be shipping them until late November.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the mint lower the limit to one per household once they see the overwhelming demand for these sets. >>

I don't know...I think they have a pretty good idea about the demand. I see it as a gift for the Mint's recent ASE collector snubbings. >>

The mint has changed the rules in the past including reducing order limits.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    What are the chances that once they sell the sets out they offer the coins individually? That might explain why they are not worried about the quantities.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are the chances that once they sell the sets out they offer the coins individually? That might explain why they are not worried about the quantities. >>

Simply, because the rarity of special anniversary issues allows them to build hype for their products. They played a little game with the 20th anniversary burnished issue by selling it in the three coin set and the gold/silver combination, but to release the reverse proof or the "S" independently after they've sold out of these would greatly undermine the mint's credibility substantially.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Official Mint Product Paige

Price to be determined.

Shipping is expected to begin in late November 2011.

A limit of five (5) sets per household is in effect for the first week of this product’s release. At the end of this period, the United States Mint will re-evaluate this limit and either extend, adjust or remove it.

The set contains one each of the following 2011 dated coins:

•American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin – mint mark: “W” (West Point)
    •American Eagle Silver Proof Coin – mint mark: “W” (West Point)
    •American Eagle Silver Reverse Proof Coin – mint mark: “P” (Philadelphia)
    •American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin – no mint mark
    •American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin – mint mark: “S” (San Francisco)

All five coins are encapsulated and packaged in a single custom-designed, highly polished, lacquered hardwood presentation case and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    no mention of mintage on this new product page!

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>no mention of mintage on this new product page! >>

Yes, yes, you are correct. With shipping to start in late November, what keeps them from minting on demand if the first 100k sell out really fast?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

This is what the Mint does best:

Be ready for it. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    100,000 would be great for the mintage, but would 200,000 to 250,000 really hurt that bad, the 2006's sell for 3x issue price
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Do they have to stop minting at 12/31/2011 or can they just keep spitting them out, well into 2012?
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    5 per household limit=125,000 mintage. If you use the 2006 limit of 10 per household=250,000 mintage. The mint knows they have a hot item. If they have the time they will mint more than 100,000. Of course all depends if the 2012 ASE production of the regular bullion gets in the way.
  • Options
    Any offers to buy on BST yet? image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>no mention of mintage on this new product page! >>

"plans to produce" up to 100k on their press release. but yes, no info, maybe it will show when they announce the price?
    of course that's somewhat ambiguous.

mint press release (couldn't find anything more recent)
  • Options
    We will have ALL of the answers on October 27.

I wish.image
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    This will be a very hot item..more so than 2006
  • Options
    Hmmmm....think this is real???

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25) Price: $229.95

From this:

US Mint

That math doesn't even come close to present prices.....comes to $46/coin image
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmmm....think this is real???

From this:

US Mint >>

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

From this:

US Mint

That math doesn't even come close to present prices.....comes to $46/coin image >>

Interesting find.

I don't think that number will pan out:

here's my math -- just the current coins:
    Proof / Rev. Proof - 2 x $58.95
    Unc S & W - 2 x $50.95
    1 bullion - $32

Total: $251.80

of course the numbers above include packaging, except for the bullion, but I'm guess the lacquered hardwood box these will come in will be more expensive than the 2 flip cases for the proofs and the 2 velvet-ize plastic holders for the uncs.

someone put in a poor choice for a placeholder value???
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

From this:

US Mint

That math doesn't even come close to present prices.....comes to $46/coin image >>

did anyone guess that low? just wow...
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

From this:

US Mint

did anyone guess that low? just wow... >>

Product page for the 25th anny set in red says -

2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25)

"Price to be determined. This product will be available for sale on October 27, 2011 at 12:00 Noon (ET)."

I wouldn't get too excited about that $229 number.

Good Find!
  • Options
    I agree that the price is a tad low but why on earth would you publish a price ANYWHERE on your website if it was bogus.....

Here's hoping......image
  • Options
    At that price I am not really concerned of a 250K mintage.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

They might have confused this set with this:

This

5 oz of silver is 5 oz of silver - right? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

From this:

US Mint

Interesting find.

I don't think that number will pan out:

here's my math -- just the current coins:
    Proof / Rev. Proof - 2 x $58.95
    Unc S & W - 2 x $50.95
    1 bullion - $32

Total: $251.80

>>

My guess is $329.95. The marketing, the laquered box, the limited mintage of the reverse proof, and S mint mark all work in favor of the mint pricing these quite a bit higher.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 questions......

(1)Why was the U.S. Mint so mumm on this issue????

(2) Why is it almost impossible to find this offering on the U.S. Mint Website???

• Options

<< <i>I have 2 questions......

(1)Why was the U.S. Mint so mumm on this issue????

(2) Why is it almost impossible to find this offering on the U.S. Mint Website???

image >>

Link To US Mint Page
  • Options
    What Goldbully is saying is that the mint page linked here is not easily found when navigating the Mints website for products. I still can't find it going that route.

• Options
    Looking at the link to the 25th Aniversary ASE set I see no mention of this being limited to 100,000 sets. Makes me wonder if they will be made to demand.
  • Options
    Correct...there are usually mintage limits, if any, included on that page....

This is getting more (or less) interesting......It would REALLY be a pain if THAT page stayed like that after the pricing was announced and there was no confirmation of a limited mintage....

What a waste of a Thursday if they minted to demand.....image

I'm starting to get P Puck deja vu
  • Options

<< <i>What Goldbully is saying is that the mint page linked here is not easily found when navigating the Mints website for products. I still can't find it going that route. >>

The Mint site is not the easiest site to navigate.
    This particular set can be found by clicking on the "Product Schedule" link at the top of the page and then clicking on the "Coming Soon" tab.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    The mintage was announced at the press release by Mint Deputy Director Richard A. Peterson:

<< <i>The United States Mint plans to produce up to 100,000 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Sets with a household order limit of 5 sets in effect. >>

LINK

Hope this holds true . . .

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not followed the Silver Eagle coins for several years. I see that there are five different coins in this Anniversary set. The reverse proof stands out to me as being special and not obtainable elsewhere, thus having a "true" mintage of 100,000. The included bullion coin will not be "special". Are there any other "special" coins here other than the reverse proof?
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe another special coin in the set is the S minted UNC because only W UNC was minted since 2006.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe another special coin in the set is the S minted UNC because only W UNC was minted since 2006. >>

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping there was another special one in there image
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    When will we see the 25th Anniversary AGE 3-coin set?
  • Options
    It is odd no mention of the mintage. Are they still minting these? Can always hope it will be like the 08 Buffalo Fractionals.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    While there will be 2 coins within the set that will always have the set provonance I expect that the other 3 will have lower tpg pop totals.

Keep in mind, if the mintage stays at 100K, every time a set is opened, three coins lose the set designation. Those 3 coins may at some point, actually become the specials...
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    A gold set would be a nice add.... but with the present huge price of gold, more down side risk.....

Imagine the pricing on a 5 gold coin set! $10K?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    And a true auction to add to the watch list, if anything it's entertainment.

link
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And a true auction to add to the watch list, if anything it's entertainment.

link >>

Unbelievableimage And the bidders are not eBay newbies.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While there will be 2 coins within the set that will always have the set provonance I expect that the other 3 will have lower tpg pop totals.

Keep in mind, if the mintage stays at 100K, every time a set is opened, three coins lose the set designation. Those 3 coins may at some point, actually become the specials... >>

Bingo!!!! So true, especially with this new generation of label collector. I noticed it with the 06 sets. Had a few times when a 69DCAM did 100+ or a 70DCAM doing 300.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    Can someone post how much it would be to have 5 sets graded with the First Strike designation using the modern tier. Looks like it will be 25 x 32 (fee plus First Strike)= $800 on grading alone. Plus S&H

Perhaps Im doing the wrong mathe here but that is a hell of a lot of money to get all 5 sets graded.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can someone post how much it would be to have 5 sets graded with the First Strike designation using the modern tier. Looks like it will be 25 x 32 (fee plus First Strike)= $800 on grading alone. Plus S&H

Perhaps Im doing the wrong mathe here but that is a hell of a lot of money to get all 5 sets graded. >>

Your math is correct, but you forgot the $8.00 handling fee for your orderimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And a true auction to add to the watch list, if anything it's entertainment.

link >>

So far the price looks reasonable to me. High bid at the moment is $1325, which for 5 sets works out to $265 per set.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

Here is a breakdown on how much it can cost to grade 5 sets:

$14 (grading fee) + $18 (First Strike designation)= $32 per coin

$32 x 25 coins= $800

$800 + $29.95 (shipping) + $8 (handling)= $837.95

But PCGS is having now a quarterly special of grade 5 for the price of 4 so it will come out to $640 + $90 (First Strike designation for the "free" graded coins) + $29.95 + $8= $767.95

Dont forget that you will also be paying to ship them the coins so you might as well budget for $800 worth in grading fees.

Have fun for those who want to do that. I may just have to do one submission every other month to even afford that, which means I will have to keep the mint box sealed

The potential for these sets is huge if it is all graded a perfect 70. The 2006 sets are going for over $1,000 which means these could potentially fetch over 1500 with 70s across the board.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Looks like US Mint site has $229.95 as the price.......

• Options

<< <i>2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25) Price: $229.95

Looks like US Mint site has $229.95 as the price....... >>

Fixed linky:

Not if you read the red letters on the product page

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set (A25) Price: $229.95

Looks like US Mint site has $229.95 as the price....... >>

Not if you read the red lettering on the mint's product page >>

link didnt work for me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file