Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>5 per household >>

So could I have some sent to where I live and some to my mom's? or is that a no-go?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Different name different address mom's credit card will work.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Is it 5 per person or 5 per address? Also, do they go on sale at midnight the 25th? >>

And it's NOON sharp, not midnight...They may be gone by midnightimage
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Billing addresses must all be different on the credit cards. And the name on the card and the name on the billing address have to be the same. If you have a different shipping address than your billing address the mint will send you a form to confirm you want your item to be shipped to a different address. This is a one time only form from the mint.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it 5 per person or 5 per address? Also, do they go on sale at midnight the 25th? >>

And it's NOON sharp, not midnight...They may be gone by midnightimage >>

I meant midnight like the first minute of the 25th image
    So it's noon sharp on the 25th?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Oct 27th at noon
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Do you think we will see the price on Monday, or most likely Wednesday when the mint normally reprices ?
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I expected them to announce the price today, but with silver falling guess they decided to wait. Wednesday seems a bit late, though. Maybe tomorrow.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised the price and the total number of set available doesn't show up until Thursday morning.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Different name different address mom's credit card will work. >>

and be sure to have already set up an account. you can do it and order from the same IP address.

oh and 460! image lol
  • Options
    In the old gambling parlance, if they set the over/under at $300, I'd take the over!
    When you see a man atop a mountain, remember that he wasn't just dropped there.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    If using two credit cards the billing addresses have to be different.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>In the old gambling parlance, if they set the over/under at $300, I'd take the over! >>

I'll take the under
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>In the old gambling parlance, if they set the over/under at $300, I'd take the over! >>

I'll take the under >>

• Options

<< <i>If using two credit cards the billing addresses have to be different. >>

Sorry to keep asking about this...
    I have 2 different cards that are mine with 2 different billing addresses. Would that work or no?
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I have 2 different cards that are mine with 2 different billing addresses. Would that work or no? >>

yes
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price is $299.95
  • Options

<< <i>Price is $299.95 >>

Is that a guess?

I see that have indicated:

"2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set – Product Limit: 100,000"
  • Options
    per Michael at Mint News Blog
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have 2 different cards that are mine with 2 different billing addresses. Would that work or no? >>

yes >>

you'll have to ship to different addresses as well.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Maybe they're reading this thread. If so, wonder how they feel about people posting how they intend to circumvent the HH limits?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Boy, it is going to be a zoooooooooooooooooooooooooo on the 27th!
  • Options

<< <i>Price is $299.95 >>

So WTF have they been waiting for??? That price is damn near 100% over spot....they couldn't have got ballsy and announced that earlier since silver has been going basically nowhere???? Spot would have to get to $60 before they were negative......

Dumb.....
  • Options

Here's the story link.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    WilliamWilliam Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    And per Coin World, which posted its coverage of the price at 4:50 p.m.

Like everyone here, we'll be monitoring the Mint's sales operations next Thursday. Should be interesting.

William T. Gibbs
    News Editor
    Coin World
  • Options
    I like this part:

This price will remain subject to potential change based on the market price of silver leading up to the release and throughout the period of availability

Yeah, like silver will breach $60/ounce in the next week
  • Options
    I really thought these would come in closer to $250 with the current silver spot under $31. The price isn't that bad and I'm not complaining - yet. image

Now if the mintage goes over 100,000? Then you'll hear some %&#$@!@)&amp; from me! image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    question 1: are they going to do this Anniversary 3 piece thing every 5 years from now on?

question 2: will this and future sets dilute the market appeal (i.e. price) of the 2006 sets?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    1) Extremely doubtful that anyone has a clue as to the answer here, including the Mint as I'd be shocked if they plan that far ahead.

2) That depends. If they continue to include "special" coins in the sets it should not dilute previous anniversary sets. If at some point it becomes same old, same old, it could.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options

At this price point there is very little additional markup for the reverse proof and S unc. How can these not sell out within 24 hours?

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>At this price point there is very little additional markup for the reverse proof and S unc. How can these not sell out within 24 hours? >>

You are correct....I just like the fake price of $229.95 better
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So based on the current price of Unc of $50.95 & Prf of $58.95 & a rounded bullion piece for $35, that's $254.80 for the set. $45.15 for the case to make up the total to $299.95? Seems a little high. $279.95 looks more reasonable, but for $20, I'm not abandoning my plan to buy a set.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $45.15 for the case to make up the total to $299.95?

part of the markup may involve defrayment of the overhead and specific costs of the building, equipment, materials, and personnel to turn raw metal into collectible coins

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$45.15 for the case to make up the total to $299.95?

part of the markup may involve defrayment of the overhead and specific costs of the building, equipment, materials, and personnel to turn raw metal into collectible coins >>

Isn't that cost figured into the individual coin costs to establish the $50.95 & $58.95 prices? That as well as the gouge factor.

• Options
    You think they'll include expedited shipping for free?
  • Options

In terms of the gouge factor, the US Mint is one of the more reasonable places for the collector. As an example, check out this 3 coin set being offered by our friends to the north:

3 coin set

That is nearly triple melt.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you suscribe to the Mint is that an advantage?
    Or do you have to order on the 27th?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you suscribe to the Mint is that an advantage? Or do you have to order on the 27th? >>

No advantage, it's a free for all. You gotta jump into the quagmire with the rest of the world at high noon (ET) next Thursday!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<No advantage, it's a free for all. You gotta jump into the quagmire with the rest of the world at high noon (ET) next Thursday! >>

That's what I figured. When are you all going to start the process of dialing
    or ordering on the web? 11:55, 57, 58?
    It would really be a bummer if you got through at 11:59 and the operator said,
    "Sorry sir you'll have to call back in 1 minute".image

What is Mint time anyway?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you suscribe to the Mint is that an advantage? Or do you have to order on the 27th? >>

No advantage, it's a free for all. You gotta jump into the quagmire with the rest of the world at high noon (ET) next Thursday! >>

Yup, just like a MayTag washing machine!
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It would really be a bummer if you got through at 11:59 and the operator said, "Sorry sir you'll have to call back in 1 minute". >>

Happened before, it'll happen again.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was on the phone with a mint CS supervisor this afternoon about my account. He said if price has been set, it is a closely guarded secret. Said he didn't know price.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Based on this latest news, a quick perusal of feebay pre-sales reveals -

Not much action IMHO.

feebay 25th anny pre sale search of bullion -->American Eagle-->"pre"

I'm not sure how this flip is going to work out, so I went BST guaranteed flip, no trouble, no hassle, check out BST if you have not already done so.

My .02 tonight.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm in like Flint.....price? $350 - $400 range. >>

Possible. I'm thinking $450-$500. >>

Dang!

I lose....................image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭
    All the speculation...great fun. I wish the mint would just announce the price already!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $299 according to Mint Blog.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Isn't the mintage designated in the law that authorizes the minting of them? >>

these are minted under the numismatic authority Congress gave the Mint.

There is no special law for this particular issue. >>

Then they should fall under the original public law for SAE's that states they will be minted to meet public demand. >>

that's
    1) old language now that has been changed.
    2) that was for the bullion only

Both ways, on numismatic items, mintage is the Treasury Secretary's discretion. Now, even bullion is discretionary as well.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Mint Website now verifies limit of 100k.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file