Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

I had 4 sets ordered and a order for 2 that did not make it through (suspended) so I just tried to get my last one.

order went through quick as ever, but order status is 'suspended' - and no email. oh well. >>

Both my orders are fine say backordered and email confirm image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

• << <i>I think I messed up my order. I accidently put the wrong month of the expiration date for my cc. Looks like I tried to rush through when I finally saw the place order button and didn't realize the mistake until it went through. I'm been trying to call through but keep getting a busy tone. Will they cancel my order for this mistake? If not, should I keep contacting them or will they contact me? How long do I have to correct this error? Any help would be great. >>

They will not contact you if your credit card does not go through, they will simply cancel your order and move on to the next one. However, you have until the time they charge your card to correct the mistake by calling them which should be around the 10th of November. So fear not, just call them in the next couple days and you should be fine.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>I think I messed up my order. I accidently put the wrong month of the expiration date for my cc. Looks like I tried to rush through when I finally saw the place order button and didn't realize the mistake until it went through. I'm been trying to call through but keep getting a busy tone. Will they cancel my order for this mistake? If not, should I keep contacting them or will they contact me? How long do I have to correct this error? Any help would be great. >>

If they "probe" your CC it will probably auto cancel the order. Normally you'd get an email from them, but today is not normal. If you really want those coins you'd better keep calling until you get through and have them correct it.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi

<< <i>

<< <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

if you do not see "wait list" then your browser if pulling from its cache.

waitlist went up about 4:30pm eastern >>

However it worked my order did go through and I am on hold and backordered not waitlist just like my first order. It shows it placed at 6:30. Don't know. Hell I was trying to get it for hours and would get ready to hit place order and get kicked out. It was sitting in my basket for a very long time before I could finalize. Maybe that has something to do with it. I just checked and I see the waitlist notice.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • -----Both my orders are fine say backordered and email confirm--------

they'll confirm your order even if its a wait list and the confirmation does not say wait list
    most orders over 38372xxx are waitlist
    good luck
  • got my order in @ 4:36 glad I made it for 2 cause then I saw the wait list show. If I did not get on of the last orders I know I close to the top on the wait list.

666 Great. The devil made me do it image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anyone returning their "defective" and "less than perfect" 68s and 69s....anyone, anyone? Bueller...Bueller?
  • That friends, was absolutely nuts!!!

I feel like I just did a triathlon!

• << <i>I think I messed up my order. I accidently put the wrong month of the expiration date for my cc. Looks like I tried to rush through when I finally saw the place order button and didn't realize the mistake until it went through. I'm been trying to call through but keep getting a busy tone. Will they cancel my order for this mistake? If not, should I keep contacting them or will they contact me? How long do I have to correct this error? Any help would be great. >>

Call them tomorrow. I think the Mint wants this over as quickly as possible. If you botch it however I might get your coins. On second thought don't call
    Order Date: 10/27/2011 at 06:22 PM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

Billed to:

Shipped to:

Shipping Method:

Tracking Number(s):
    Tracking number and carrier link
    not available for this shipment.

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET 1 $299.95 $299.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 11/11/2011.

Continue Shopping Order History Cancel Item(s)

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Wish I had a store the could gross $150 million in five hours. >>

Which store would that be?...ummm 100K x 300=30mill...less costs...etc...
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How soon before we see the threads bashing ASE set sellers who now want to back out of their earlier promise to sell?

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• Been trying with my computer for 2 hours now, the checkout page wouldn't load up. Went to the wifes computer and I placed my order in 5 min.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Been trying with my computer for 2 hours now, the checkout page wouldn't load up. Went to the wifes computer and I placed my order in 5 min.

Herb >>

Yeah, chit like that is really unnerving. Had I started with Chrome, I cudda ordered em all, dang it.image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to ask this again, haven't heard anything on it.

I bought 3 singles, and got charged $17.95 shipping on each (shows up in my confirmation email) Im assuming that means Im paying that shipping price.
    Would the mint honor the free shipping over $300 since I did pay well over $300?
    If not, would they change it to regular shipping? (I dont need my singles right away)
    Thanks!
  • anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    6:30 here on the left coast. No trouble putting in 5 orders for one set each.

Now we see if I get them.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Comma, I assume they compute the free shipping based on each separate order. So, you wouldn't get the free ship because a set is a nickel under $300. The downside to individual orders, though there are certainly some benefits to having a sealed box of one.

Again, that's a guess.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

<< <i>Sorry to ask this again, haven't heard anything on it.

I bought 3 singles, and got charged $17.95 shipping on each (shows up in my confirmation email) Im assuming that means Im paying that shipping price.
    Would the mint honor the free shipping over $300 since I did pay well over $300?
    If not, would they change it to regular shipping? (I dont need my singles right away)
    Thanks! >>

It's done. Forget about it. Be glad you got through. I did the same thing with one of the ATB's and when I asked them to change it they said they'd have to cancel the order & re-place it. Do you really want to risk those orders with a customer service rep? After a day like this?

~ Vince Lombardi

Thanks! >>

They are charging you expedited on each shipment. It's worth a call to their customer service. Have your order numbers ready. As a minimum they should let you drop to the reduced shipping per item.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Comma, I assume they compute the free shipping based on each separate order. So, you wouldn't get the free ship because a set is a nickel under $300. The downside to individual orders, though there are certainly some benefits to having a sealed box of one.

Again, that's a guess. >>

I like having the flexibility of selling each separate, you also most of the time sell for top dollar to someone who can only afford one at a time. If you sell your five and followed the rules than you are left with none!
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • i ordered on my lunch break with a sammy in one hand and my iphone in the other.

5 sets order#38330XXX @ 12:37 eastern. it was slow but it worked. i did not keep refreshing. sometimes it timed out and other times it took forever but eventually loaded. the last few hot items seemed faster on my phone than when i ordered on my laptop. cell towers vs. cable modem connection. for those on the wait list i will start a new thread on that soon. you will want to read it!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    how do you know if you are wait listed?

• << <i>

<< <i>Comma, I assume they compute the free shipping based on each separate order. So, you wouldn't get the free ship because a set is a nickel under $300. The downside to individual orders, though there are certainly some benefits to having a sealed box of one.

Again, that's a guess. >>

I like having the flexibility of selling each separate, you also most of the time sell for top dollar to someone who can only afford one at a time. If you sell your five and followed the rules than you are left with none! >>

Yup. It's certainly the better way to go though, and worth the extra shipping. I think derryb had some good advice.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

<< <i>how do you know if you are wait listed? >>

Maybe someone can get the order cutoff number from mint customer service.

<< <i>

It's done. Forget about it. Be glad you got through. I did the same thing with one of the ATB's and when I asked them to change it they said they'd have to cancel the order & re-place it. Do you really want to risk those orders with a customer service rep? After a day like this? >>

Thanks for that response. Ya, I guess if they think they're gonna cancel and re-place the order I'll just take the $45 hit and count my blessings...
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! >>

Looks like you chose the expedited shipping. That does NOT calculate into the price and, since you ordered individual sets, then the boxing/shipping will all be individual as well. That is how they do it as a business, so, to them, you did not pay "well over $300" but just under $300 each.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's done. Forget about it. Be glad you got through. I did the same thing with one of the ATB's and when I asked them to change it they said they'd have to cancel the order & re-place it. Do you really want to risk those orders with a customer service rep? After a day like this? >>

Thanks for that response. Ya, I guess if they think they're gonna cancel and re-place the order I'll just take the $45 hit and count my blessings... >>

Otherwise ...............

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>how do you know if you are wait listed? >>

i would go by the time of order in the confirmation email. approximate time is 4:30 PM. if your order is around or after that you are on the wait list.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that six consecutive ebay sales just ended in the last few minutes. Each were auction style and were for 5 sealed sets.

$2425, $2278, $2253, $2253, $2277.08 & $2225.89
    just spoke to mint customer service:

1. cutoff for waiting list was right at 5 pm EST. Wouldn't give me an order number for cutoff.
    2. They are definitely holding the mintage at 100K.

<< <i>just spoke to mint customer service:

1. cutoff for waiting list was right at 5 pm EST. Wouldn't give me an order number for cutoff.
    2. They are definitely holding the mintage at 100K. >>

Any word if they are reducing the max per household?

<< <i>

<< <i>just spoke to mint customer service:

2. They are definitely holding the mintage at 100K. >>

Any word if they are reducing the max per household? >>

that's all i got out him.

• << <i>1. cutoff for waiting list was right at 5 pm EST. Wouldn't give me an order number for cutoff. >>

That explains this order of mine:

Order number:383791**

Order Date:10/27/2011 at 05:06 PM

There was not a Waiting list when I loaded the 1st page but was by the time I checked out. I must be very high on the Wait list.

<< <i>

<< <i>1. cutoff for waiting list was right at 5 pm EST. Wouldn't give me an order number for cutoff. >>

That explains this order of mine:

Order number:383791**

Order Date:10/27/2011 at 05:06 PM

There was not a Waiting list when I loaded the 1st page but was by the time I checked out. I must be very high on the Wait list. >>

You might have got in under the wire. A status of "hold" is normal for all initial orders.

• << <i>

<< <i>This set will be gone by 5:00 PM... GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!! >>

Not in our lifetime...US Mint will need to upgrade their system first before anything with this potential sells out in 1 day. >>

You right it only took 5 hours -image

I was able to get two set and complete the transaction by 12:04 - order number 38324XXX
    When I try to buy the other 3 set I could not go thru anymore and I had to go to work.
    MT
  • I don't see how they could increase the mintage or decrease the household limit as that would change the terms of the sales today. That just makes no sense to me at all, and would place the Mint's integrity into question.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>You might have got in under the wire. A status of "hold" is normal for all initial orders. >>

I hope so. I spent 3 hours at work trying to call in AND trying to through the checkout process. No dice so I went home a little early and was able to get through the website in about 10 minutes.

I hope my boss isn't reading this! It was a rough day! image
  • BTW I just placed another order and it went thru no waitlist. order 38411XXX

Between my previous order number and my last the difference is over 85000

MT

• << <i>I don't see how they could increase the mintage or decrease the household limit as that would change the terms of the sales today. That just makes no sense to me at all, and would place the Mint's integrity into question. >>

Don't know about the integrity part. image

As far as increased mintage or lower household limits? I agree it's highly unlikely. They might dole out fewer than 5 sets to those on the Waiting list who ordered in quantity though.
  • I got an order # in my email despite not getting to the confirmation page. Hope that works out.
    "I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who keep telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis." Glenn Reynolds
  • SaamSaam Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    So will any of the coins in this set be as rare as the 1995 W proof?
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    IIRC, the 1995-W has a mintage of ~32,000 The reverse proof and "S" unc will be at 100,000.
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So will any of the coins in this set be as rare as the 1995 W proof? >>

If 70,000 Set become destroyed or damaged

• coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

<< <i> would place the Mint's integrity into question. >>

That is funny
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't see how they could increase the mintage or decrease the household limit as that would change the terms of the sales today. That just makes no sense to me at all, and would place the Mint's integrity into question. >>

They did just that with the 2001 silver Buffalos. Limit was originally 40, and they reduced it 20, IIRC.
  • Only about 30,000 of the 1995-W proofs were minted, so no, the two unique coins in this set will never be as rare as those coins and no SAE will ever be truly rare as coins go. They will be the second rarest SAEs for now, though. The 1995-W was only available originally in a set that also had the four proof gold coins for that year (APMEX sells that set today for $6295, current mint price for 4 coin gold set is $3585 so the 1995-W SAE is roughly $2700 in a raw set, a real bargain). Getting an order number and confirmation email does not mean that you are not on the waiting list. The mint confirms waiting list orders the same as regular orders as far as I know. You might be able to call and fins out if your order is waiting or not but probably only time will tell if you got through in time if you ordered around the 5:00PM time (some say it went to waiting list status at 4:30). The reduction on the household limit for the 2001 buffalo only applied to new orders, not to orders that had already been accepted, if memory serves (not always the case, brain is getting old).

I placed 5 orders for 1 set each as follows:

38326xxx @ 12:14ET
    38330xxx @ 12:34ET
    38335xxx @ 13:03ET
    38339xxx @ 13:26ET
    38346xxx @ 14:10ET

so I expect to get all five with only about 22,000 orders placed between the start at noon and my last order. I haven't seen any order numbers below 38324xxx and those were from 12:04.

Some of those that were able to place multiple orders today have commented that they were able to do so by clicking on a link to the website that they had set up ahead of time. Can anyone explain why this would have been faster than simply hitting the refresh button F5 or Cntrl F5? It took me 4 hours to get through and that is with a 20 Meg cable connection. Apparently the speed of your connection doesn't matter? I wish I understood how these things work so I could avoid future problems like this.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • It will be interesting to see what the single set boxes will sell for on the secondary market. I think those will sell at a greater premium to the multiple sets in one box. My best guess is that the 5 set boxes will sell at a lower premium than single or double boxes. There are probably more people willing to pay more for a single set than shelling out over $2K on 5 sets. The winners on the aftermarket could very well be the single set boxes since more people ordered the max at once as opposed to doing separate orders for singles.

• droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    1300!
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file