Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    selling for well over $500 a set on ebay now
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I just completed the order and it is listed as backordered. about 2:20 west coast time
  • Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭
    I actually went home to try my comcast connection. I was not getting on here at work. Managed two orders of 5. Right now on my last 4 orders here at work. There is small windows of opportunity where it moves very fast. And than it is almost impossible to get on even at 5 PM.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reply to the question "Does backordered mean wait listed"...the answer is no...all orders are backordered until the records are all reconciled and duplicate orders are eliminated.

For example, my order at 2:30 is also backordered...and if that really means "wait listed" we're ALL in deep trouble!
  • commacomma Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX buy price is $425.

http://www.apmex.com/Category/493/Silver_Eagle_Anniversary_Sets_2006__2011.aspx >>

You'll be able to do a lot better in the next couple weeks...
    just placed order 38383xxx
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
    Wait lists are often able to get filled as they cancel a LOT of orders for exceeding the limit.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had a store the could gross $30 million in five hours.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wait lists are often able to get filled as they cancel a LOT of orders for exceeding the limit. >>

Agreed. Add in the web site delays and the page refreshing.

If you have not already , get your order in....DON'T GIVE UP!

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>

<< <i>Wait lists are often able to get filled as they cancel a LOT of orders for exceeding the limit. >>

Agreed. Add in the web site delays and the page refreshing.

If you have not already , get your order in....DON'T GIVE UP! >>

I guess its easy when you sell MONEY!
    Did anyone else get stuck with $17.95 shipping on SINGLE set orders? Is this something that the mint would change if I called?
    Especially if I placed 3 separate orders on the same account...they can see I spent over $300...
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bingo! There is someone who has done this before AND paid attention image
    Good luck with your order!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Just got my second order in:

38384***

5:35 pm ET
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    Anyone wonder if today's mania will put us in a catch-22? Does the US mint have a history of changing order sizes or maximum mintages of coins/sets when there's insanely high demand? This was my first ever order from the US mint, so I am ignorant to this info, thanks.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
    this is our gift to make up for the tons of money the distributors made image

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone wonder if today's mania will put us in a catch-22? Does the US mint have a history of changing order sizes or maximum mintages of coins/sets when there's insanely high demand? This was my first ever order from the US mint, so I am ignorant to this info, thanks. >>

no your fine
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

Because of the SNAFU during the ordering frenzy I have two orders in my order history showing up even though I was unable to complete the ordering process!

I also have my two good orders showing up, I also got the confirmation e-mails for these two.

Anyone else?
    Many happy BST transactions
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it is interesting to note that this all happened from 12-5 pm Est.

Many people were at work and probably unable to devote the time and energy to fighting the phones or the website for an order.

How many people thought they could just order one sometime after they got off work only to now find them vaporized a la Lunar Dragons???

Hold strong. There will be flood on eBay (already!) and it may cool prices but long term, this baby is a winner.

Loves me some shiny!
  • I'm still on the payment page.......safari is just spinning its wheels. I hope it goes through.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

Because of the SNAFU during the ordering frenzy I have two orders in my order history showing up even though I was unable to complete the ordering process!

I also have my two good orders showing up, I also got the confirmation e-mails for these two.

Anyone else? >>

Call customer service, explain that the website hysteria caused you to place a second order after your first did not appear to go through.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

In my account it says: Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
    But under item status it still says backordered, ship on 11/10/11.

Is this normal? (the request is on hold part?)

• << <i>In my account it says: Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

Is this normal? (the request is on hold part?) >>

Yes its normal

<< <i>I think a lot of orders will be canceled when they go through everyone's information. If anyone ordered more than five and the Mint catches it, they will cancel you.

If you are on the wait list, do not give up hope. >>

Out of curiosity, why would the mint put more man hours into canceling orders that they are already getting paid for?
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think a lot of orders will be canceled when they go through everyone's information. If anyone ordered more than five and the Mint catches it, they will cancel you.

Out of curiosity, why would the mint put more man hours into canceling orders that they are already getting paid for? >>

Why? Because they said a MAX OF 5 and they have plenty of other people waiting in line to get their set.
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just placed order 38383xxx >>

So you are on the wait list?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still on the payment page.......safari is just spinning its wheels. I hope it goes through. >>

Get off the website and use the phone, I got my 10 sets in a heartbeat on the phone after spending 4 hours on the computer and getting nothing.

• << <i>While these will likely sellout relatively quickly you should have no problem waiting until 8PM to place your orders and not have to deal with all the frustration of fighting everyone else to get in your orders at noon sharp or whatever time it is they go on sale. But I figure that's a chance 99% of you are not willing to take. I'll be kicking back while y'all curse and post your frustrations on these boards about how slow the Mint site is then later that night when you're fast asleep I'll go in and click, click, click, submit in forty seconds flat. image

S! >>

• DID ANY ONE NOTICE THAT APMEX HAS A BUY PRICE ON 25TH Anniversary SETS?

$425
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Anyone else? >>

Call customer service, explain that the website hysteria caused you to place a second order after your first did not appear to go through. >>

Same thing happened to me. I placed one order for two and one order for 3. Somehow the order for 2 went through 2 different times. I never saw the order placed on one of the orders and I did not receive an email for that order but when I looked in my account, it showed 3 orders instead of the two. One of the two shows suspended.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Out of curiosity, why would the mint put more man hours into canceling orders that they are already getting paid for? >>

Why? Because they said a MAX OF 5 and they have plenty of other people waiting in line to get their set. >>

I understand that. But they have their money already. Why do they care about the people who didn't get orders in?
    I am one of the people who didn't get in what they wanted, so I am asking from an unbiased position.
    Seems like a waste of their time to sift through 40k orders looking for tiny inconsistencies that could be people ordering more than 5 sets...
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I hope the mint, the flippers and everyone involved in whole fiasco dies in a fire. image

-Keith
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Well I ordered 3 sets right got two emails because i ordered 2 for me and 1 for someone else.... but it only shows one item in my cart????
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Email sent to my boss asking for the day off in 2036 when the 50 anniversary ones go on sale. image

-Keith
  • Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    somehow i have 3 orders showing (clicked too many times i guess)

2 orders are cancelled and 1 is still good.

I called them and they verified that my order is ok.

the rep. said that this message...."Order Status: Your order request is on hold. " is normal for orders in excess of $300.00

sound right?
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope the mint, the flippers and everyone involved in whole fiasco dies in a fire. image

-Keith >>

imageimage

<< <i>Email sent to my boss asking for the day off in 2036 when the 50 anniversary ones go on sale. image

-Keith >>

• ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Email sent to my boss asking for the day off in 2036 when the 50 anniversary ones go on sale. image

-Keith >>

image >>

best line of the day, without a doubt....image

sorry, the dying in the fire comment was awesome tooimage
    figglehorn
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You know, when I first started, I was already signed in and I had 5 browser windows open hitting the product page (IE8). All kept getting an error message (time out).

So, I opened IE8 again, clicked the product page bookmark and it came right up. I ordered my first 2 sets and it went rather smooth. Meanwhile, the other 5 pages on the other browser kept getting an error page. So, I went back to the one I ordered on and clicked the bookmark again, page came up and ordered another two sets. Did it again and ordered my last set.

In the mean while the other browser as still just cranking away or getting time out error messages. So, I am not sure if refreshing a page really does any good. >>

I just looked at my order times and using the bookmark routine w/ IE8, they were:

Qty = 2 - 12:06 (AM - they still haven't fixed that!)
    Qty = 2 - 12:10
    Qty = 1 - 12:11

Rather smooth IMOP.
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭

<< <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

I had 4 sets ordered and a order for 2 that did not make it through (suspended) so I just tried to get my last one.

order went through quick as ever, but order status is 'suspended' - and no email. oh well.

• << <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

I still see the wait list info. Not sure, maybe your page was cached?
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Clear your cookies and history. Then try.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else? >>

if those 2 did not complete the process and they are showing as "suspended" more tha likely they are what I call "phantom orders," which are incomplete orders pending... they eventually disappear after a couple of hours
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

Pretty certain that won't be filled but still worth the try. I believe this was over and sold out by 4:00 today.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just got back on the damn site for a second before shut me down again, but no sell out or waitlist up now. Placed a second order for one more set at 6:30 and got email confirm. So looks like no sold out yet. >>

if you do not see "wait list" then your browser if pulling from its cache.

waitlist went up about 4:30pm eastern

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In my account it says: Order Status: Your order request is on hold.

Is this normal? (the request is on hold part?) >>

another one of my orders has a 11/11/11 ship date
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I think I messed up my order. I accidently put the wrong month of the expiration date for my cc. Looks like I tried to rush through when I finally saw the place order button and didn't realize the mistake until it went through. I'm been trying to call through but keep getting a busy tone. Will they cancel my order for this mistake? If not, should I keep contacting them or will they contact me? How long do I have to correct this error? Any help would be great.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file