Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Damn website! Had to phone the order in. Mine is 38340XXX taken at 10:36AM PDT. >>

Since #1 order was 38324xxx, 16000 orders placed, give or take 500, in first 96 minutes. Will be fastest sellout I can recall.
  • Thank you very much!

For some reason I had gotten the impression from reading the thread that they place a temporary charge or authorization on your card when the order was placed and then actually charge it upon shipment, so it's nice bit of relief to know that that's not the case.

• Just got in again - order #38342xxx
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>The question you've got to wonder is... will this set be selling for more on eBay in 1 week or in 5 years? image >>

More in one week I think >>

Past hot Mint items tend to peak in the short-term after the sell-out, then settle down to a long-term plateau.

The 2006 3-pc Silver set peaked about $550 in the first months, and has been about $300-$350 the last 4 years. That about right, guys?

Another example is the 2008 rev 2007, which has a similar history. >>

Peak for 2006 Sets was $900 for singles sealed and or $9K for 10 sealed...

• << <i>Damn website! Had to phone the order in. Mine is 38340XXX taken at 10:36AM PDT. >>

So what's the magic phone number?
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I was able to get through on the phone. Still no luck online though.

Order # 38343xxx

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    No luck on phone. Finally finally got through on internet.

383439**

25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET (A25)
    Qty 5 @ $299.95 - Backordered 11/10/11.

Hopefully backordered doesn't mean what it says.
    Dan
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Got my 5 single orders in finally. Took a little over 2 hours. Not sure how my brother is doing.
    GMan
  • They all say backordered due to the November ship date. No worries!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

After 2 hours and 5 minutes, my order finally went through.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Go to the phone guys. I got in in 3 minutes and completed my order.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I heard they took the whole website down so they can re-price the gold and silver sets due to PM prices rising!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
  • finally got through. 2 hours and 10 minutes #38345xxximage
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    What's your number Pitboss?

<< <i>finally got through. 2 hours and 10 minutes #38345xxximage >>

So, about 20,000 orders so far. Of course, 3 of them are mine for a total of 5 sets. These sets are going to be gone really soon.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    So appx. 13000 orders so far?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Go to the phone guys. I got in in 3 minutes and completed my order. >>

What magic number or way? I have been calling for 2 straight hours.

Thanks
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    Crazy ain't it?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭

<< <i>So appx. 13000 orders so far? >>

The difference between my first order # and my last is about 18,500
    GMan
  • keezkeez Posts: 842
    I don't know if I really have one ordered or not. It never went entirely through the checkout, but I checked my order status and it shows one there, backordered, but order suspended at the top.

Anyone else have theirs show that?

I can't get through on the phone to verify.

Been fighting with the site for the past 2:15 mins.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phone, computer still no luck. Looks like I'll miss out.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've tried over 100 times, no luck
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RB1026RB1026 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW....that was brutal. 2 laptops and over 250 dials on the phone (never got through on the phone) I started at noon on the nose and finally got order one (4) sets in at 1:09 Eastern (#38336xxx) and then went back at it for order two (1) set completed at 1:49 Eastern (#38343xxx). With all of the resources at their disposal, one would assume there would have to be a better way to do this. VERY frustrating to say the least.
  • Safari has been the only browser I've been successful with on the Mac. Firefox, Chrome, and Opera are all timing out...maybe I'm missing out on preferences or something, but Safari is the only one that seems willing to sit and load for lengths of time.

That being said, it took me an hour and a half of attempts with Safari.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know if I really have one ordered or not. It never went entirely through the checkout, but I checked my order status and it shows one there, backordered, but order suspended at the top.

Anyone else have theirs show that?

I can't get through on the phone to verify.

Been fighting with the site for the past 2:15 mins. >>

you may have a phantom order...

you need to sheck your e-mail for a confirmation. if there is no confirmation e-mail then you need to login in again, go to the cart and complete checkout.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    windows + chrome = order in for me

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

I've tried over 100 times, no luck >>

Raufus check your pm

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    38345xxx
    You know, when I first started, I was already signed in and I had 5 browser windows open hitting the product page (IE8). All kept getting an error message (time out).

So, I opened IE8 again, clicked the product page bookmark and it came right up. I ordered my first 2 sets and it went rather smooth. Meanwhile, the other 5 pages on the other browser kept getting an error page. So, I went back to the one I ordered on and clicked the bookmark again, page came up and ordered another two sets. Did it again and ordered my last set.

In the mean while the other browser as still just cranking away or getting time out error messages. So, I am not sure if refreshing a page really does any good.
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me about two minutes but I'm on a really fast connection.
    Larry

• 1:35 for the 1st order

2:30 for the 2nd

VERY painful......especially the times I got the the order confirm page and POOF!!!!!!!!!!
  • I cannot believe how bad this is. I'm trying 2 different browsers and I've called the # about 50 times. Best I did was to get to the "Order Review" page but it stalled. This is the worst ordering experience I've ever even heard of.

<< <i>I cannot believe how bad this is. I'm trying 2 different browsers and I've called the # about 50 times. Best I did was to get to the "Order Review" page but it stalled. This is the worst ordering experience I've ever even heard of. >>

check your email, if you got to the order review page you should be good

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got through using IE, no luck with Firefox. Probably over 500 attempts using the landline.
    Order confirmed, 5 sets @ 14:05 EST. order# 38346XXX

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

<< <i>Took me about two minutes but I'm on a really fast connection. >>

Yup, so am I, gig to our tier1 provider.

I wonder what the mint has?
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I cannot believe how bad this is. I'm trying 2 different browsers and I've called the # about 50 times. Best I did was to get to the "Order Review" page but it stalled. This is the worst ordering experience I've ever even heard of. >>

Order taking could be done in such an fairer, easier and professional manner. I just shake my head in disbelief on how badly they handle this issue...over and over again.
  • Finally got an order of three in, #38351xxx - only took three hours...
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent

• << <i>check your email, if you got to the order review page you should be good >>

I finally got brave enough to refresh that page, then the rest of the page loaded and I was able to click the "Place Order" button. That page still hasn't refreshed but I did get an email

38350xxx - 2 sets

That's about 30,000 orders after just short of 3 hours. I may be wrong, but the lowest I saw is 38321XXX
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Will someone please ask how many are left when they call?
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • johnravjohnrav Posts: 230 ✭✭
    order review tab has had 1/2 a progress bar for 25-30 minutes. and this was with 'quick shopping.' image

I got one order (of 2) but would like a few more..

reFresh? start over or wait?
    Refresh...exasperating, insn't it?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>Took me about two minutes but I'm on a really fast connection. >>

Yup, so am I, gig to our tier1 provider.

I wonder what the mint has? >>

A Verizon residential DSL, it seems.
    It keeps getting stuck at the billing address , step 2, part of the checkout. Very frustrating. This is what it did before and I ended up with a suspended order number.
    Can't get through on the phone to the US Mint.

Any suggestions?
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I got a few single orders through, but my auto-settings were set for the expedited shipping (because I was told it was free), but in my confirmation email it is $17.95 per set! Did I screw myself?
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I don't know what more I can do. I've got 4 browsers open & they all are just sitting there spinning. I don't understand how anyone's able to get through. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • DONE! Last order placed at 2:58p

#383546XXimage
    Finally, got it to go through -- just waited and waited and it finally went to the next step.

What a terrible experience. Took 3 hrs.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    I got into the website and logged in, but can't get them into my cart!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file