Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said these would be availabe for a few days?!?!?

More like a few hours!
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Waitlist just posted on the product page!!!

Only took 4.5 hours >>

Im surprised it even took that long
  • philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now on the website:

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list.

--Edward

He who knows he has enough is rich.

<< <i>Who said these would be availabe for a few days?!?!?

More like a few hours! >>

Some people were saying it would take 2 weeks...haha
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Yes, it will take you back to the beginning, but it should make it reload faster. Try repeatedly. That's how I eventually got through.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that

wow.

omg

wow

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only took 4.5 hours >>

SELL OUT!!!! I wonder what people who said I'll avoid the rush and order tonight are gonna say?
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I have two different names,credit cards and delivery addresses but same ip address is that ok?
    Or will they cancel both orders?

• << <i>I just noticed that

wow.

omg

wow >>

Holy Shnikes!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I think the Mint is going to be looking for another Temp Mint Director after this fiasco. Worse than the ATB's.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I have two different names,credit cards and delivery addresses but same ip address is that ok?
    Or will they cancel both orders? >>

You're okay.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I have two different names,credit cards and delivery addresses but same ip address is that ok?

yer good there i think.
    theknowitalltroll;

Same IP is fine. I've heard that from many people... (I hope they're right, because I did more than one on the same IP)

<< <i>

<< <i>I just noticed that

wow.

omg

wow >>

Holy Shnikes! >>

YES! haha. I was cracking up.
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    I finally got mine 2:43 minutes into the day. Made over 500 dials over 3 phones and 3 internet service.

I hope I get them.

Crazy demand.
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered by phone (1-800-872-6468). Took about 25 min. of re-dialing to get through. Dial "O" as soon as you get the Mint's recording for faster service.
    She said they ARE still in stock and will be shipped out in 1-2 weeks. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>I think the Mint is going to be looking for another Temp Mint Director after this fiasco. Worse than the ATB's. >>

You're probably right. I'll bet they meant 1,000,000 mintage but there was a typo along the wayimage
  • anyone know what time the waiting list notice went up???
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was putting an order through online, not logged in, but doing so as a guest. Got to the step where I had the credit card info entered and I hit the continue button... then the next page titled "order summary" started to load and my internet explorer froze...

think my order went through???? or was there another step after that???

I posed this question yesterday...has the Mint ever been faced with a crazy fast sellout, and they decided to retroactively lower maximum quantity per order to make things more equitable...ie from 5 to 3?
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was putting an order through online, not logged in, but doing so as a guest. Got to the step where I had the credit card info entered and I hit the continue button... then the next page titled "order summary" started to load and my internet explorer froze...

think my order went through???? or was there another step after that??? >>

I guess that was the last step... got an email from the person who was the "guest" with the order number image
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    in '06 or so, they had a zerg on gold subscriptions and they cancelled all the subscriptions.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • I think we will see something. The folks who couldn't order (either not out of work yet or never got through on the servers) are going to be upset big time.

I think they may either drop the HH limits....or strike more. They can probably legally strike more but it would irritate a lot of folks, and would not be a cool precedent to set.

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Sold Out... On Waiting List... took 5 hours to get through...
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Now the site actually says "SOLD OUT"
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>I think we will see something. The folks who couldn't order (either not out of work yet or never got through on the servers) are going to be upset big time.

I think they may either drop the HH limits....or strike more. They can probably legally strike more but it would irritate a lot of folks, and would not be a cool precedent to set. >>

doubt it
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now the site actually says "SOLD OUT" >>

Awesome
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Only took 4.5 hours >>

SELL OUT!!!! I wonder what people who said I'll avoid the rush and order tonight are gonna say? >>

I don't know what they are going to say but I bet the smell is going to be bad! image
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Back in 2006, the much anticipated 20th Anniversary set needed 3-wks or more before selling out, and each household could buy 10 sets max at $100/set.
    This time, the price is higher, the household limit is 1/2, the sell out period will be at least the same or longer. image >>

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>anyone know what time the waiting list notice went up??? >>

4:34p ET
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Glad I didn't jump the gun and sell for only $50-$100 over cost. This one is going high.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
    So...I actually had an order churning on the website for a half-hour (sitting in my basket) both before and during the wait list posting.

But I ultimately got an order number with a backordered status.

What are the chances I'll be getting those sets?
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    finally got my order in for three sets #38369**** at 5:12. Took forever and I never saw it this bad. What a hassle.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    The natives are going to be screaming to the heavens over this one!
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>anyone know what time the waiting list notice went up??? >>

4:34p ET >>

my order confirmed @ 130 PST
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk

• << <i>So...I actually had an order churning on the website for a half-hour (sitting in my basket) both before and during the wait list posting.

But I ultimately got an order number with a backordered status.

What are the chances I'll be getting those sets? >>

I may be wrong but I think they all start at backordered status. Go into your account on the mint website should say hold now.
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

my order confirmed @ 130 PST >>

Just curious how do you know if its confirmed ? do you recieve an email?
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just curious how do you know if its confirmed ? do you recieve an email? >>

yes
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • I think a lot of orders will be canceled when they go through everyone's information. If anyone ordered more than five and the Mint catches it, they will cancel you.

If you are on the wait list, do not give up hope.
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just curious how do you know if its confirmed ? do you recieve an email? >>

yes >>

Thanks thats what I thought.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Website still crawling at 5:18 est. Had to cancel a duplicate order and it took several minutes to get it account and get out. Freakin ridiculous. This set is the Bomb! Never had this much hassle this late and I've been ordering for 8-9 years.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>For those of you predicting a quick 1 day sell out...well, it's not going to happen.
    1) US Mint's server is unable to handle that type of volume for it to happen.
    2) PBGS does not have the number or order takers to accommodate that type of volume either.

My guess...1 week or more. >>

Well, you were off a bit buddy...image
  • damn my last order went through @ 436 or I should say received email confirmation
    I want the last set ordered label

• ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I got one order in earlier, confirmed via email, but about an hour later - it took 4 hours to get to the first order, another hour for the 2nd - after I'd ordered the first of a 3-1-1 order, she was handed a pice of paper noting the max limit was reched... read it to me over the phone, then continued on with my other two single orders, stating I might not get ANY of those...

Thankfully, I got one order for 5 sets in, but jeez... I was driving, on the blackberry... shoulda given her the other CC info. THEN, but noooooo... I had to wait and keep trying to call BACK!

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent

<< <i>I think a lot of orders will be canceled when they go through everyone's information. If anyone ordered more than five and the Mint catches it, they will cancel you.

If you are on the wait list, do not give up hope. >>

Only if they ordered with the same credit card or name or shipping address...which I doubt many people tried...
  • Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    This is what my email says from 5.04 pm EST. is my order confirmed or wait listed?

1. 25TH ANNIVERSARY AE 5 COIN SILVER SET (A25)  
        Qty 3 @ $299.95 - Backordered 11/11/11
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I started at 12:15 and waited. Somehow I finally finished at 5:15. I do think that it was accepted in that they were in my "shopping cart" since 2:15. The systems were the worst ever.
    Paul

• << <i>Website still crawling at 5:18 est. Had to cancel a duplicate order and it took several minutes to get it account and get out. Freakin ridiculous. This set is the Bomb! Never had this much hassle this late and I've been ordering for 8-9 years. >>

I agree, never experienced this much delay at 5 years of going after hot items, the phone service is still busy at 1723 and internet is hanging up.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to GO for those that got your orders in!!!!!

This was and is shaping up to be the event for the year and possibly since 2006. I would say the 2008 Buffaloes but they took alot longer!

Heck, everything took alot longer to sell-out!

Good at ya.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file