Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Spending five hours yesterday trying to order a set and not getting one, AND being a Texas Rangers fan.>>

And speaking as a Mets fan...I think Bill Buckner can finally die a happy man that a more infamous sequence of events in a World Series has now transpired than simply having a ball roll through his legs!
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>To play Devil's Advocate here...just for a second...

I have four words: postage stamps & baseball cards! >>

ampersand is a word image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    So my shipping date was moved to 11/11 today and it was 11/10 before this happen to anyone else?
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    the presale sets not purged by ebay are nearing 500.00.. wait until some MS 70 sets are graded to see prices takeoff
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So my shipping date was moved to 11/11 today and it was 11/10 before this happen to anyone else? >>

They can ship only so many orders per day. If your order wasn't confirmed soon enough to ship on the 10th, it will get moved out to the 11th or later just like mine was.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So my shipping date was moved to 11/11 today and it was 11/10 before this happen to anyone else? >>

They can ship only so many orders per day. If your order wasn't confirmed soon enough to ship on the 10th, it will get moved out to the 11th or later just like mine was. >>

Thanks for the response lol got my order in like 30 mins after they went on sale crazy.
  • Options

<< <i>

They can ship only so many orders per day. If your order wasn't confirmed soon enough to ship on the 10th, it will get moved out to the 11th or later just like mine was. >>

Yeah, until orders start shipping, usually each day you check, it seems as though your shipping day increases by one as well. This happened with the ATB's for me.
  • Options
    Someone like PCGS should offer a service that will turn a Mint-sealed box of five sets into five PCGS-sealed boxes of one set each. Seeing some of the activity on the BST board, it's obvious the latter will be much easier to sell and command a better price.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    mashmash Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    i ordered at 4:40 Eastern time and it says backordered. Am i gonna get them?
    Buying uncut sheets and 1914 stars! message me
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i ordered at 4:40 Eastern time and it says backordered. Am i gonna get them? >>

Looks like you're on the fence, good luck. If 4:30 was the cutoff as reported, you are so close to the top of the waiting list that with enough bad credit card hits you just might get in.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i ordered at 4:40 Eastern time and it says backordered. Am i gonna get them? >>

Your guess is as good as mine. Or his, or hers or theirs or...
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    ou should all go and verify your account, and make sure the CC information is correct. It asked me for mine when I ordered and had me put in the expiration date. Today I went and checked my account, and the expiration date was wrong, so I corrected it. They didn't cancel my order, but could've. My account still says backorded expected to ship on 11/11.

I would call the mint. though you changed online. The order may still be linked to a wrong expiration date. Better be safe.
  • Options
    all my orders were bumped back to the 11th as well, my last order time was around 2:30 EST.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    My order at 12:06 got bumbed back to 11/11/11
  • Options

<< <i>

Actually they will bump the shipping day forward one day every day until they start to ship....check tomorrow....it will most likely say "Shipping November 12th" and so on
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Order#: 383942xx - 1 Order date: 10/27/11
    Placed at 3:28pm PST (6:28pm Eastern time) is still in good standing.
    My friend's order placed around 8pm Eastern time was cancelled by the Mint today. >>

My order for one placed at 8:18pm EST is still open, maybe his was cancelled because of another issue? It seems too soon for the US Mint to have made a decision about what to do, especially since they aren't planning on shipping for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boys order of 4 set's was cancel he tryed all day got one in the AM but the other 4 he got late in the day was 4:06 Cal time.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    mint just cancelled my order 38351xxx because of household limits when I only had one order of 5 coming to my address-CC info matches address
    and 5 going to my fathers address cc info matches address- he doesn't use the computer
    only common was email address
    the address are different but they say its the same household???
    they are 2hrs apart
  • Options

<< <i><<Spending five hours yesterday trying to order a set and not getting one, AND being a Texas Rangers fan.>>

And speaking as a Mets fan...I think Bill Buckner can finally die a happy man that a more infamous sequence of events in a World Series has now transpired than simply having a ball roll through his legs! >>

That dude has gotta be kickin his own ass fer passin up the easy force out.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mint just cancelled my order 38351xxx because of household limits when I only had one order of 5 coming to my address-CC info matches address
    and 5 going to my fathers address cc info matches address- he doesn't use the computer
    they are 2hrs apart >>

Why would you not change the email address??!! that is the easiest thing to change, just make a freebie one, email address is what controls your whole account, that was an easy one for them to spot.
  • Options

<< <i>Someone like PCGS should offer a service that will turn a Mint-sealed box of five sets into five PCGS-sealed boxes of one set each. Seeing some of the activity on the BST board, it's obvious the latter will be much easier to sell and command a better price. >>

But how much would ye pay fer one a them gen u wine stickers on a box? Ya could even looker up on their website to confirm it.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Actually they will bump the shipping day forward one day every day until they start to ship....check tomorrow....it will most likely say "Shipping November 12th" and so on >>

That's goin backward, not forward.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order placed at 1709 EST still holding...I don't think we'll know waitlist outcome for weeks.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>mint just cancelled my order 38351xxx because of household limits when I only had one order of 5 coming to my address-CC info matches address
    they are 2hrs apart >>

Funny thing is that back during the 2010 hockey puck thing, the mint cancelled orders that they had previously shipped citing similar reason.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>Order placed at 1709 EST still holding...I don't think we'll know waitlist outcome for weeks. >>

All you can start doing now is to monitor your credit card or other payment account that you used. Once you see the charges post, it will ship or just as likely have already shipped. You should also get an email stating the coins have shipped.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    You've got be kidding me. Who or what is moneybookers?

Kooky ebay ad
  • Options
    Looks like some single sets are going for over $600 right now on ebay crazyEbay link
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

"Kooky Ebay Ad"

And anyone behind them could cancel their order and move up one spot, but they are still way down the list!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You've got be kidding me. Who or what is moneybookers?

Kooky ebay ad >>

Not smart of them...first, it isn't in-hand, so it still violates ebay's policy. 2nd, if someone did know the name it was under, it could be canceled since they give the full confirmation #.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Looks like some single sets are going for over $600 right now on ebay crazyEbay link >>

How much you speculate sets NOT in a sealed Mint shipping box may go below the sealed ones? Not all buyers are obsessed with grading presumably.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You've got be kidding me. Who or what is moneybookers?

Kooky ebay ad >>

Not smart of them...first, it isn't in-hand, so it still violates ebay's policy. 2nd, if someone did know the name it was under, it could be canceled since they give the full confirmation #..... >>

Hmm look at his ebay id - might be pretty obvious
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Item has been removed by eBay.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>"Kooky Ebay Ad"

And anyone behind them could cancel their order and move up one spot, but they are still way down the list! >>

Are the cancel boxes up yet? Mine isn't.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Saw a sealed single sold BIN at $695, laters Cass
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Mine are. Not going near them.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    prices now at 500.00 .. higher this weekend ?
  • Options
    Sure am glad I am an honest eBay user and canceled my transaction since presales are not allowed. A friend of mine was somehow linked to my eBay account and he has a bad habit of not paying his won auctions. So I'm not trying to push it any further with my account. I canceled the transaction last night after the BIN had went for my asking price. It's just not worth the risk of messing up my long-time 100% positive eBay account.

I guess it may work in my favor and I will yield higher profits. Oh well...I guess it's good but now I feel bad for the buyer. Then again, they agreed to cancel the transaction so whatever.
  • Options

<< <i>Are the cancel boxes up yet? Mine isn't. >>

Note that cancel boxes will appear only if you have a Mint account and are signed in. Otherwise, you won't see them. This keeps bad people from cancelling others' orders.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"Kooky Ebay Ad"

And anyone behind them could cancel their order and move up one spot, but they are still way down the list! >>

Are the cancel boxes up yet? Mine isn't. >>

Comma you stay away from those red cancel boxes.image

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    I got on the wait list at around 7:05 pm according to the check out receipt. Anyway called the mint just to find out what kind of chance I would have at getting the 1 set I tried to order and the guy said very good actually, the mint has been aggressively canceling orders all day of anyone the even seems to have tried to circumvent the order limits no questions asked just canceled. So that gave me hope just thought I'd share to give hope to anyone else that got wait listed. Good Luck!
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    Harry779Harry779 Posts: 902 ✭✭
    "the mint has been aggressively canceling orders all day of anyone the even seems to have tried to circumvent the order limits no questions asked just canceled"

boy am i glad i called the mint and had a rep remove the extra 2 orders that were added to my buy order by mistake!

just checked online....my order is ok
  • Options
    Did any one feel like this or was it just me?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Quick Question: My orders (each for two sets) say "On Hold", but down below, they say "Expected to ship on 11/12/11".

Does this indicate things are okay, or does the "On Hold" mean they've got some problem with my placing two separate orders for two each?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options

<< <i>"the mint has been aggressively canceling orders all day of anyone the even seems to have tried to circumvent the order limits no questions asked just canceled"

boy am i glad i called the mint and had a rep remove the extra 2 orders that were added to my buy order by mistake!

just checked online....my order is ok >>

They do seem extra vigilant. Normally don't they send the friendly email that there is something wrong with your order? Wait listers have some hope.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Quick Question: My orders (each for two sets) say "On Hold", but down below, they say "Expected to ship on 11/12/11".

Does this indicate things are okay, or does the "On Hold" mean they've got some problem with my placing two separate orders for two each?

Thanks ahead of time! >>

This is normal. You're okay.
  • Options
    I just don't see all the hype. Unless your trying to buy low and sell high.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Quick Question: My orders (each for two sets) say "On Hold", but down below, they say "Expected to ship on 11/12/11".

Thanks ahead of time! >>

Until the mint ships them, they keep adding days to your expected ship date.

And the thing is - it's never accurate.

I bet they ship even sooner rather than later.

All my mint orders shipped way before that date you see when you log in.
  • Options
    It's the norm. To have them go on hold then to Processing then Shipped. But if it go's back to hold then you need to call them. CC is not good or address.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks ahead of time! >>

Until the mint ships them, they keep adding days to your expected ship date.

And the thing is - it's never accurate.

I bet they ship even sooner rather than later.

All my mint orders shipped way before that date you see when you log in. >>

The Mint's ability to forecast shipping dates is, to say the least, poor.
    For example - yesterday I got a back-order notice for the Glacier puck. Today it was shipped. 2 days ago, it wasn't supposed to ship until early November.
    In general, I've received my orders from the Mint days ahead of the date predicted when my order was confirmed.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Hammer and everyone else. It's a relief to know I'm on the regular conveyor belt!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file