Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options
    commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>"Kooky Ebay Ad"

And anyone behind them could cancel their order and move up one spot, but they are still way down the list! >>

Are the cancel boxes up yet? Mine isn't. >>

Comma you stay away from those red cancel boxes.image

MJ >>

What? I didn't write that...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just don't see all the hype. Unless your trying to buy low and sell high. >>

Kinda hard to buy any lower than issue price, no? I think most people were just trying to buy period.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Dang! I shoulda bought one! I'm in the minority, I know, but bullion just doesn't grab me.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I didn't see anything here that was of meaning to me . . are they sold in Doilies????????

Aren't they 2011 bullion??????????

Drunner
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess I didn't see anything here that was of meaning to me . . are they sold in Doilies????????

Aren't they 2011 bullion??????????

Drunner >>

Keep flying nothing to see here.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice a lot of the ebay pre sellers are not specifying "sealed mint box." What are the chances they are buying 5, cherry picking one or two sets and dumping the rest?

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I notice a lot of the ebay pre sellers are not specifying "sealed mint box." What are the chances they are buying 5, cherry picking one or two sets and dumping the rest? >>

I'd say that's a very good possibility. Even with an opened or unsealed set these are going to be a long time winner.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dang! I shoulda bought one! I'm in the minority, I know, but bullion just doesn't grab me. >>

Its ok you were Justlooking... image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Just checked my order status this morning and expected shipping date was changed from 11/11 to 11/12.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder who will be the first to obtain 10,000 sets even though its 5 per customer?..............................image >>

Most people had a hard time even getting one set never mind 10,000!
  • Options

<< <i>I notice a lot of the ebay pre sellers are not specifying "sealed mint box." What are the chances they are buying 5, cherry picking one or two sets and dumping the rest? >>

As long as the 2 keys are good one can cherry pick the other 3 as well or buy them as graded 70's and crack them out. A set out of the box is just like a coin cracked out of a TPG slab, once that happens all bets are off.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>Just checked my order status this morning and expected shipping date was changed from 11/11 to 11/12. >>

Yup, moving the DATE "forward" every day until they start shipping which,obviously, can't be the printed date because it always moves "forward" in the calendar
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just checked my order status this morning and expected shipping date was changed from 11/11 to 11/12. >>

Yup, moving the DATE "forward" every day until they start shipping which,obviously, can't be the printed date because it always moves "forward" in the calendar >>

Nothing unusual---standard operating procedure for the mint.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    The last several single sales on ebay went for around 700-800
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I thought ebay was eliminating presales!
  • Options
    Seems like they choose who to cancel .... should be an easy event. If we can find them, they can find them easier

Look at this set....not completed yet

Does NOT say the set is sealed:

Gulp
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    hate those bidders with zero feedback..
    figglehorn
  • Options

<< <i>hate those bidders with zero feedback.. >>

Question: When selling on eBay, is it possible to prevent people with low FB from bidding on your auction? image
  • Options
    Ya...what happened to no ebay?
    Enay removed my listing days ago and the email said if you tried to relist one they could ban your account...
    Not risking that! I'll wait until they are in hand when prices will probably be even higher...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>hate those bidders with zero feedback.. >>

Question: When selling on eBay, is it possible to prevent people with low FB from bidding on your auction? image >>

I was wondering the same thing...or if you can just have a buy it now and make the buyer have to contact you first (or something)
    I contacted ebay about this and ask it in the answer center on ebay with NO response whatsoever...helpful ebay community...
    I think the short answer is no though. I know you can make it so someone who has gotten neg. feedback recently can't bid, but I think that's it.
    I'd wait until you have the sets in the hand. Probably worth more, and it will be a little safer (sort of)
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these are seriously going for $800 I may break my never sell/flip rule and cash in my box of 2.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yup, moving the DATE "forward" every day until they start shipping which,obviously, can't be the printed date because it always moves "forward" in the calendar >>

Nothing unusual---standard operating procedure for the mint. >>

My order,placed before 4:30, went from expected shipping date of Nov 11 to Nov 12 then back to Nov 11 yesterday and now again today it says Nov 12 again.
    ????
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>If these are seriously going for $800 I may break my never sell/flip rule and cash in my box of 2. >>

Personally, if they are already going this fast this high, it's only going to go up for a while as the supply keeps going down and the demand goes up!
    At least go up (or stay around 1k) until Christmas. My guess
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nothing unusual---standard operating procedure for the mint. >>

My order,placed before 4:30, went from expected shipping date of Nov 11 to Nov 12 then back to Nov 11 yesterday and now again today it says Nov 12 again.
    ???? >>

....and tomorrow it will say 11/13
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Its the weekend isnt ebay closed on weekends?
    thats maybe why their not taken them off.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If these are seriously going for $800 I may break my never sell/flip rule and cash in my box of 2. >>

Personally, if they are already going this fast this high, it's only going to go up for a while as the supply keeps going down and the demand goes up!
    At least go up (or stay around 1k) until Christmas. My guess >>

A lot buyers paying high price on ebay are flippers expecting the price to continue to go up. As long as they are buying, price will continue to go up as they will relist at highe price.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

That is anyones guess where it will be at Christmas. This is a frenzy going on now and it could die down at any time.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW looking at them prices on E-Bay makes the $50 to $100 over mint price not look good, Makes it look like the dealer is up to there old tricks but for the dealer it could have droped like a rock but i know that was not going to happen . And does not look good for the seller to dealer deal. But we told them to just hold on to them for a week or so. But A deal is a deal But that is just me.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Waitaminute.....I thought ebay was canceling presales? Or were they just targeting people they didn't like for some reason?

Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Yes. $5K for sealed box of 5 is now a low ball. I think 400,000 collectors got shut out on this set. Selling to dealers for only $100 profit is a mistake.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just talked with the Mint and ask if she had heard about reducing order quantities?

She said no.......BUT there were lots of complaints about big dealers making offers to others so they could get 100s of sets.

Ask her how much longer b4 these start going to RESERVED, IN STOCK, she said it would be pretty soon. Said they were trying to meet the 2 week window on shipping.

The quicker these come off hold the better......Monday should be interesting.
  • Options

<< <i>Just talked with the Mint and ask if she had heard about reducing order quantities?

She said no.......BUT there were lots of complaints about big dealers making offers to others so they could get 100s of sets.

Ask her how much longer b4 these start going to RESERVED, IN STOCK, she said it would be pretty soon. Said they were trying to meet the 2 week window on shipping.

The quicker these come off hold the better......Monday should be interesting. >>

What's "better" in your opinion?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

A lot buyers paying high price on ebay are flippers expecting the price to continue to go up. As long as they are buying, price will continue to go up as they will relist at highe price. >>

But the demand is so high...it's hard to tell if the people on ebay are really the ones setting the market right now...who knows how many people are waiting for the price to go down...at any time they could step in, sending it back up...
    It's all speculation though at this point
  • Options

<< <i>Waitaminute.....I thought ebay was canceling presales? Or were they just targeting people they didn't like for some reason? >>

eBay is probably canceling pre-sales that have been reported to them, either by do-gooders or competitors.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Order quantities were set by the US Mint and these were not bought by say only 10 bullion dealers and monopolized by them like what happened with the ATB's. The US Mint can see that there were hundreds of buyers at least for these sets. Whoever got in....got in...its like the lottery. Nobody's complaining why there is only One winner when you win the lottery even though millions paid to participate rightimage Why would they complain about dealers trying to buy sets from the folks who were able to order these sets? Last time i look were called The United States of America...Not The People's Republic of China.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tryed just like every one else. I got in late got 5 for now if it dont cancel. I am mad but at the server ever time I made it to check out it kicked me off or I would have had my set's by 9:30 but every time I got that far boom bang kicked off now that sucked the big one.... but thats life wont be fun if you win all the time. But that is just me now on pins and nidels to see if it get's canceled..image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Greg H. put it best - "It was a mint lottery."

Not everyone can win. There were more buyers than there were prizes.

All accounts were limited to the same amount of sets. All callers faced the same challenges to get an order in. Some got in, some didn't. Still don't know if my order got in on time, but if it didn't, no sour grapes.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Greg H. put it best - "It was a mint lottery."

Not everyone can win. There were more buyers than there were prizes.

All accounts were limited to the same amount of sets. All callers faced the same challenges to get an order in. Some got in, some didn't. Still don't know if my order got in on time, but if it didn't, no sour grapes. >>

If you got in before around 4:40 EDT you should be ok.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    So my order at 6:00pm may not make it although I see a cancel box and ship date?
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet a fair number of people on the wait list will get there coins. This happens a lot, and I'm sure the time the wait list was posted (app.434p) is not the be all, end all.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    When will the mint begin hitting the credit cards? In other words, when do you need the $1505 in your account if you ordered 5 sets? My expected ship date is 11/12/11.
  • Options

<< <i>I tryed just like every one else. I got in late got 5 for now if it dont cancel. I am mad but at the server ever time I made it to check out it kicked me off or I would have had my set's by 9:30 but every time I got that far boom bang kicked off now that sucked the big one.... but thats life wont be fun if you win all the time. But that is just me now on pins and nidels to see if it get's canceled..image >>

Was it the server, your ISP or your browser? I got nowhere with FireFox, but things went pretty quick with Google Chrome.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>When will the mint begin hitting the credit cards? In other words, when do you need the $1505 in your account if you ordered 5 sets? My expected ship date is 11/12/11. >>

If your credit limit will not allow the mint to hit the card, you need to make an on line payment ASAP to get your available limit where it should be. They will cancel your order after a second unsuccessful attempt to hit the card. If you have another card (in your name) with available credit you can call mint customer service and have them update you to the new CC.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>When will the mint begin hitting the credit cards? In other words, when do you need the $1505 in your account if you ordered 5 sets? My expected ship date is 11/12/11. >>

I don't understand why it takes them so long to fill these orders.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't understand why it takes them so long to fill these orders. >>

Most times they fill orders earlier than the projected ship date. I expect them to do so with these since sets should have already been on the shelf at the distributer's warehouse. Just a matter of processing now.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't understand why it takes them so long to fill these orders. >>

Most times they fill orders earlier than the projected ship date. I expect them to do so with these since sets should have already been on the shelf at the distributer's warehouse. Just a matter of processing now. >>

If you ordered a 2011 proof set they would probably ship it monday so why can't they do the same with these?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, once it goes from hold to in process, the next step is usually the package at your door a few days later. You'll get a notice it shipped after you are already marvelling over the attractive cardboard shipping box.
    (Remember: don't open them.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

<< <i>Yes. $5K for sealed box of 5 is now a low ball. I think 400,000 collectors got shut out on this set. Selling to dealers for only $100 profit is a mistake. >>

Yep, but hopefully the graded set will salve the wound better than the $400 - $500 quick flip profit. Even the mint must be kicking their own ass.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I actually seeing $700-$800 prices for OPENED sets...or am I missing some super secret nuance in the presale language?!?

And at what price would you consider opening your sealed box of 5 and selling them individually?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file