Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if upgrading to expedited shipping is free or is there an extra charge?
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    This set will be gone by 5:00 PM... GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if upgrading to expedited shipping is free or is there an extra charge? >>

free. just accept the 4.95 shipping.

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so what's pcgs doing, i can't find it in the thread.

first strike on the two and anniversary on all? >>

They are remaining mum on the subject. Maybe waiting for the big dealers to speak.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This set will be gone by 5:00 PM... GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!! >>

Not in our lifetime...US Mint will need to upgrade their system first before anything with this potential sells out in 1 day.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

They are remaining mum on the subject. Maybe waiting for the big dealers to speak. >>

I bet the big dealers will get some fancy special labels that will not even be available to us regular paying collector's club members.
  • Just got an email from my guy at a major numi dealer (I do lots of business with them), buying at $425 a set. At this point I'll go on record and predict most donks won't get a single set with this kind of buy pressure.

• << <i>Does anyone know if upgrading to expedited shipping is free or is there an extra charge? >>

if your order is over $300 it gets upgraded to overnight. if you buy one set it will go usps ground unless the mint changed something. image

edit to add upgrade at no charge...
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know if upgrading to expedited shipping is free or is there an extra charge? >>

if your order is over $300 it gets upgraded to overnight. if you buy one set it will go usps ground unless the mint changed something. image

edit to add upgrade at no charge... >>

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

They are remaining mum on the subject. Maybe waiting for the big dealers to speak. >>

I bet the big dealers will get some fancy special labels that will not even be available to us regular paying collector's club members. >>

I bet you are right.
  • ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious...

If sellers are already preparing for unopened sets to be sent to whomever buys them, or wins the auction, aren't they concerned about the fact that the U.S. Mint packing slip will be enclosed, along with the address to which the coins were initially shipped?

Of course, if it/they is/are sent to a grading service, probably a non-issue, but what of individual buyers having that information along with the coins?

Seems like a huge security risk to me.
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm curious...

If sellers are already preparing for unopened sets to be sent to whomever buys them, or wins the auction, aren't they concerned about the fact that the U.S. Mint packing slip will be enclosed, along with the address to which the coins were initially shipped?

Of course, if it/they is/are sent to a grading service, probably a non-issue, but what of individual buyers having that information along with the coins?

Seems like a huge security risk to me. >>

Good point...what info is on the enclosed slip?
  • Seems like a huge security risk to me

you're right. You should probably forget the whole thing.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Unlikely. Even the $229 P Pucks are shipped UPS overnight.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

• << <i>

<< <i>

Unlikely. Even the $229 P Pucks are shipped UPS overnight. >>

then the mint changed policy. $300 was the magic number in the past.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm curious...

Good point...what info is on the enclosed slip? >>

the same info they get when you sell on ebay, bst or anywhere..... its got your return address on the box.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm curious...

the same info they get when you sell on ebay, bst or anywhere..... its got your return address on the box. >>

I have sold to MCM and Coinfame in the past, no problems, and I feel safer with them having that info rather than a unknown on Ebay.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm curious...

the same info they get when you sell on ebay, bst or anywhere..... its got your return address on the box. >>

I have sold to MCM and Coinfame in the past, no problems, and I feel safer with them having that info rather than a unknown on Ebay. >>

Normally when selling to to these parties if they open the box, the packing slip is returned to you along with payment. If they don't open the package the info inside ends up at PCGS or other TPG and is probably shredded or otherwise destroyed.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    When I sold sealed boxes to an individual like on Ebay or someone who pays first, I sent a SASE so they can return it if they open it them selves. Have had no problems. No CC info on it just name and address and order #.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somone please start another thread, 27 isn't nearly enough image

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • The security risk is there. Who knows where that sealed box will end up... Your best bet is to only sell sealed boxes that have your packing slip addy as a PO Box or similar...if you're dealing with who knows who on ebay. Of course, much less risk to reputable dealers or TPGs.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • stealerstealer Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a typo in their email, it's mintproducts.com. I sent an email and per their response they're paying $100 per set sealed. >>

I hope you mean they're paying a $100 premium on each set...right? image
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there are any "Coupon Codes" that can be used while checking out?
    Thanks!
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.

• << <i>Does anyone know if there are any "Coupon Codes" that can be used while checking out?
    Thanks! >>

I'd check fatwallet. They always have the latest US mint coupon codes. Entering the US mint website from MR Rebates gets you a free set of Ginsu Steak knives. I go around the house cutting nails. Amazing. Piece of sheet rock just fell of the wall the other day though. Not sure why.

• << <i>Somone please start another thread, 27 isn't nearly enough image

image >>

Dude. Thanks for that screen shot. I had missed a few of those.
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    T minus 6 hours!
  • I'm glad my doctor's appointment is tomorrow or I would have to cancel it.

3 hours and 53 minutes to go (EST) image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Good morning all...who has butterflys in their bellyimage
    figglehorn
    Note sure why you would have butterflies over this unless you had an all 70 first strike set about to close for $50K on eBay.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Note sure why you would have butterflies over this unless you had an all 70 first strike set about to close for $50K on eBay. >>

Oooooo $50k for all 70's First Strike Set????
    Dang, I think I will buy some and give it a shotimageimage

When editing your Mint account what do I do about these two options?
    Tried searching their FAQ's with no luck.

Enable Quick Checkout yes or no?

Yes I would like to save my credit card to my account. Check the box or not?

Thanks,
    Scott

• << <i>When editing your Mint account what do I do about these two options?

Yes I would like to save my credit card to my account. Check the box or not?

Thanks,
    Scott >>

Both save time when checking out.....you don't have to check them but you will add a few steps to your checkout (and wait for each page to hopefully load before the system crashes)
    @boucharda, thankyou for the info, sorta suspected that.
    Good luck.
  • heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭
    Enabling quick checkout will eliminate some "text box typing" when you are paying for your online purchase, using saved shipping addresses and Credit card information. I answered yes to that question with no harm for 11 eleven years.

I also answer yes to the credit card info being saved. This keeps the number on file so you do not have to have the card literally in your hand for typing in the text box for every purchase. Once again, no trouble for 11 years caused by this choice. This setting also speeds up any "impulse buys" you may make as there is less time to reconsider as you do not have to get out your credit card and think about it. LOL HM

<<<When editing your Mint account what do I do about these two options?

Yes I would like to save my credit card to my account. Check the box or not?>>>
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Gonna be great fun watching this!
  • Just got the e-mail from George at MCM offering $85/set over mint price for seled sealed sets (it's posted on BST also). MCM pays an additional $35 (max) for S&H.

That's a quick $425 profit for the flip and is tempting.............
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    It's down from $100/ea last night...
    Not a bad deal RedHerring. Maybe you should wait a bit, see what the demand is like, just sayin.

• << <i>It's down from $100/ea last night... >>

I never saw an MCM post for $100/ea premium last night. Only somebody saying it here. Was it really at $100?

<< <i>Not a bad deal RedHerring. Maybe you should wait a bit, see what the demand is like, just sayin. >>

I agree. My minimum "quick flip" price was $100/ea over mint price. I'm getting 10 sets and holding for today. image
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    MCM is paying 100/set IF you send in 20+ sets
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>MCM is paying 100/set IF you send in 20+ sets >>

I will be waaaaaaaaay short of 20 sets... so i will not get 100/set then image
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There's a typo in their email, it's mintproducts.com. I sent an email and per their response they're paying $100 per set sealed. >>

I hope you mean they're paying a $100 premium on each set...right? image >>

Yes, no minimums and they're paying $100 over cost for each set...

I believe I may have bought something from them many many years ago, but I will not vouch for them, just passing along the info I received.
    No offense but rather just a straightforward question...has anybody dealt with mintproducts.com before? Are they as reliable as our regulars here like MCM and others?
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they don't go on sell until noon but where is the order link? There is usually a link up by now even though you can't order until noon?

GrandAm image

GrandAm :)
    theknowitalltroll;
  • LostSislerLostSisler Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    Silver is spiking...
    Because to Err is Human.
    I specialize in Errors, Minting, Counterfeit Detection & Grading.
    Computer-aided grading, counterfeit detection, recognition and imaging.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good morning all...who has butterflys in their bellyimage >>

Anyone who doesn't know what they are doing or are way outside their comfort zone (financially or mentally) on this

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    butterflies just means you're excited...not that you don't know what you're doing
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Silver is spiking... >>

Immaterial at this stage.
    Enough of a margin built in that it won't even come to spot price unless silver hit $60/ounce.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file