Home U.S. Coin Forum

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For those of you predicting a quick 1 day sell out...well, it's not going to happen.
    1) US Mint's server is unable to handle that type of volume for it to happen.
    2) PBGS does not have the number or order takers to accommodate that type of volume either.

My guess...1 week or more. >>

I'm guessing most orders will be for five sets so it won't take that long to process 30,000 orders, give or take a few thousand orders. >>

You keep forgetting the most important formula ... forum members & the dealers interested in this product, represent less than 1% of the collecting community and for the most part do not represent what J6P is willing to buy at the time. I'll stick to my forecast...sell out not gonna happen in one day nor 2 or 3 days. Only time will tell. btw, I'll be on my PC at "High Noon" tomorrow fighting the system image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone will bring me a set and I might get it near spot price. It depends on the grey sheet and my mood.

HE>I

• << <i>Hi guys. I just recently started getting into coins, found a box of them that my grandfather left for me. I was wondering if this would be a good item for my first coin purchase. From what I am reading it will hold its value pretty well and also be an investment just because of silver prices these days. I am planning to try and buy one set to collect and keep for my son when he is old enough to have them. Is there any way to go wrong by purchasing one set? >>

First: image

Second: great timing on the coin collecting start up..

Third: buy one for yourself also.... and maybe your partner..... and maybe your cat Fluffy.....and the turtle Speedy.....

Fourth: I can see no downside on the purchase of a set ...other than maybe in a few years saying "Damn, I could have bought four more"

This will be a great investment for you and the clan

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there any way to go wrong by purchasing one set?

Possibly. I'd be concerned if I was planning a vacation over the holidays and had no secure place for mail to arrive. At some apartments, packages are left on the doorstep. I wouldn't want a $300 package left in plain sight for 4 or 5 days while I was on vacation. >>

Thats me I have 1 hr to get thru than have to drive to chicago catch a plane to long beach and was planning on staying till dec. My brother will be here on and off and of course I told him he has to be here when it comes. But if he misses it I do not believe he can go sign for them at the post office so I am kinda worried about it. Not much I can do, just hope he is here to sign.....Enjoy image >>

I ran into that issue and simply appointed my Buddy as my agent to sign for my packages. We had set it up in advance at my PO. Sure enough, they screwed it up. He called me from the Post Office right as the clerk was yelling that she was calling the cops...All I could hear on my end was yelling...Somehow, they requested that the form be left at the PO, my buddy didn't have a copy and they'd misplaced it...Too funny...But it can be done..
  • On Oct 27th will the set be under American Eagle Coins or some other heading on Mint products?
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there any way to go wrong by purchasing one set?

Possibly. I'd be concerned if I was planning a vacation over the holidays and had no secure place for mail to arrive. At some apartments, packages are left on the doorstep. I wouldn't want a $300 package left in plain sight for 4 or 5 days while I was on vacation. >>

Thats me I have 1 hr to get thru than have to drive to chicago catch a plane to long beach and was planning on staying till dec. My brother will be here on and off and of course I told him he has to be here when it comes. But if he misses it I do not believe he can go sign for them at the post office so I am kinda worried about it. Not much I can do, just hope he is here to sign.....Enjoy image >>

I ran into that issue and simply appointed my Buddy as my agent to sign for my packages. We had set it up in advance at my PO. Sure enough, they screwed it up. He called me from the Post Office right as the clerk was yelling that she was calling the cops...All I could hear on my end was yelling...Somehow, they requested that the form be left at the PO, my buddy didn't have a copy and they'd misplaced it...Too funny...But it can be done.. >>

I am sure these will come by UPS.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm guessing most orders will be for five sets so it won't take that long to process 30,000 orders, give or take a few thousand orders. >>

I wasn't thinking that. image being that is 150,000 sets. image
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    It will take more than 20,000 orders because everyone won't order 5 in a single order.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I predict a 1000 posts before Thursday noon. >>

There may be 1000 threads covering the subject by Thursday noon. MJ >>

Is there an appropriate place to consolidate something like that? Hmmm.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I predict a 1000 posts before Thursday noon. >>

There may be 1000 threads covering the subject by Thursday noon. MJ >>

Is there an appropriate place to consolidate something like that? Hmmm. >>

Take the ball and run with itimage
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • commacomma Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On Oct 27th will the set be under American Eagle Coins or some other heading on Mint products? >>

Just search "25th anniversary" on the site. It pops right up

• EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>On Oct 27th will the set be under American Eagle Coins or some other heading on Mint products? >>

Just search "25th anniversary" on the site. It pops right up >>

and it should as ususally be right on the main page
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Remember the 2009 Lincoln Coin & Chronicles Set? The Mint processed nearly 30,000 orders in the first 5 hours.

Here is the link:

2009 Blowout

The article also indicates the 2007 Jefferson's Liberty FS sold 40K units in a single day.

And I'm sure even the Mint has provided a few system upgrades since then. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Apmex is ready for the grading floodgates to open.

Silver_American_Eagle_Set_MS_70__PR_70_PCGS_FS

No price yet. Just an alert me button.
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

T-23:30 and counting!
    And I ain't lying this time.

<< <i>Remember the 2009 Lincoln Coin & Chronicles Set? The Mint processed nearly 30,000 orders in the first 5 hours.

Here is the link:

2009 Blowout

The article also indicates the 2007 Jefferson's Liberty FS sold 40K units in a single day.

And I'm sure even the Mint has provided a few system upgrades since then. image >>

And IIRC the Mint sold 80K first spouse Gold (Martha and Abagail) in approx 8 hours.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apmex is ready for the grading floodgates to open.

Silver_American_Eagle_Set_MS_70__PR_70_PCGS_FS

No price yet. Just an alert me button. >>

They must have all of their employees trying to buy the max. I wonder what their buy price is.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>They must have all of their employees trying to buy the max. I wonder what their buy price is. >>

Good question. So I just called the 800 number and asked. Unopened boxes, $30 over mint cost per set.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Here's a link to an article with some tips on selling limited release coins to dealers:

The Dealer Flip

(it was referenced in the above story about the 2009 LCC sets)

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    I just got this email posted below from modernmintproducts.com, seems like more dealers will compete for the buys...No buy price listed...But they claim they'll beat the offers...Never done any biz with them.

Sell Us The 2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Sets And Make Some Extra Money!
    To Our Valued Customers,

As you may or may not know, the U.S. Mint will offer the new 25th Anniversary 5 Coin Silver Eagle Set for sale on their web site at noon EST tomorrow, October 27th. MintProducts will be making a market in these sets and would like all of our subscribers to know that we will be a very strong buyer when the sets come out.

We expect the entire production of 100,000 sets to sell out very quickly, so we strongly suggest that if you are planning on placing an order for them you do so as close to noon as possible. The sets will be priced at $299.95 and the Mint has instituted a 5 set per household limit.

Once you receive your order, we would like you to consider selling the sets to us - at a considerable profit. Other dealers are already making offers on these sets and we will more than match those offers. These sets will hit the market in November and if you wish to sell them, contact us for our high offer! We will be large buyers of these sets so remember; we will beat any other offers you may see!

If you would like to take us up on our offer, email us at

Alisao@mintproducts.com. If you email us, we can also keep you informed of current pricing for the sets.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU PLAN ON SELLING YOUR SETS, KEEP THEM IN THE SEALED BOX JUST AS THEY WERE DELIVERED TO YOU! THE BOX YOU RECEIVE THEM IN, WILL NOT INDICATE THAT THEY ARE FROM THE U.S. MINT BUT WILL BE MARKED AS FROM PBGS OUT OF PLAINFIELD, IN.

• Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Good to know!
  • The teeth gnashing and crying here tomorrow is going to be palpable. I can already here the whining calls to the Mint coming.

<< <i>I just got this email posted below from modernmintproducts.com, seems like more dealers will compete for the buys...No buy price listed...But they claim they'll beat the offers...Never done any biz with them.

To Our Valued Customers,

As you may or may not know, the U.S. Mint will offer the new 25th Anniversary 5 Coin Silver Eagle Set for sale on their web site at noon EST tomorrow, October 27th. MintProducts will be making a market in these sets and would like all of our subscribers to know that we will be a very strong buyer when the sets come out.

We expect the entire production of 100,000 sets to sell out very quickly, so we strongly suggest that if you are planning on placing an order for them you do so as close to noon as possible. The sets will be priced at $299.95 and the Mint has instituted a 5 set per household limit.

Once you receive your order, we would like you to consider selling the sets to us - at a considerable profit. Other dealers are already making offers on these sets and we will more than match those offers. These sets will hit the market in November and if you wish to sell them, contact us for our high offer! We will be large buyers of these sets so remember; we will beat any other offers you may see!

Alisao@mintptoducts.com. If you email us, we can also keep you informed of current pricing for the sets.

IMPORTANT: IF YOU PLAN ON SELLING YOUR SETS, KEEP THEM IN THE SEALED BOX JUST AS THEY WERE DELIVERED TO YOU! THE BOX YOU RECEIVE THEM IN, WILL NOT INDICATE THAT THEY ARE FROM THE U.S. MINT BUT WILL BE MARKED AS FROM PBGS OUT OF PLAINFIELD, IN. >>

their email doesn't work. Just sent an email asking what their current price was.
    There's a typo in their email, it's mintproducts.com. I sent an email and per their response they're paying $100 per set sealed.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a typo in their email, it's mintproducts.com. I sent an email and per their response they're paying $100 per set sealed. >>

I may not be a big time dealer like Mintproducts.com but I am willing to pay $200 per set sealed! image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Several buyers on CCE @ $100 per set. Don't be in a hurry. Won't even be charged to your CC until delivery.
  • US Mint still says 100K sets image
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    This is getting pretty interesting with everyone trying to outdo each other on offers before the actual onsale.

Bring on the pandemonium image
  • interesting will be try to place your order .
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Several buyers on CCE @ $100 per set. Don't be in a hurry. Won't even be charged to your CC until delivery. >>

CCE?
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this has ever happened, but has the Mint ever REDUCED the number of sets allocated per customer after maximum orders were taken and quantities sold out...ie...a larger number of customers ultimately end up with 3 or 4 sets instead of 5?

Just asking in case the unbelievable happens and these are all gone in just a few hours tomorrow.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Several buyers on CCE @ $100 per set. Don't be in a hurry. Won't even be charged to your CC until delivery. >>

So I could order 5 and I just need to make sure I have the funds in that acct before it ships?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got this email posted below from modernmintproducts.com, seems like more dealers will compete for the buys...No buy price listed...But they claim they'll beat the offers...Never done any biz with them.

To Our Valued Customers,

Alisao@mintptoducts.com. If you email us, we can also keep you informed of current pricing for the sets.

Got a call from a good dealer... that my coin club does alot business .. look at his buy prices that expires on Thursday 11:00am ++25 sets .. $400 each !!!!!.. 100 sets $500.00 each

IMPORTANT: IF YOU PLAN ON SELLING YOUR SETS, KEEP THEM IN THE SEALED BOX JUST AS THEY WERE DELIVERED TO YOU! THE BOX YOU RECEIVE THEM IN, WILL NOT INDICATE THAT THEY ARE FROM THE U.S. MINT BUT WILL BE MARKED AS FROM PBGS OUT OF PLAINFIELD, IN. >>

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like this is going to be a good one. All the offers and we dont even have them yet. All the pre sales going on and they dont even have them yet man this is going to be big big big. just guess if we all hold are coins the price's are going to go to the MOON.$$$$$$ image

Hoard the keys.

<< <i>It looks like this is going to be a good one. All the offers and we dont even have them yet. All the pre sales going on and they dont even have them yet man this is going to be big big big. just guess if we all hold are coins the price's are going to go to the MOON.$$$$$$ image >>

Let's do it image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't know if this has ever happened, but has the Mint ever REDUCED the number of sets allocated per customer after maximum orders were taken and quantities sold out...ie...a larger number of customers ultimately end up with 3 or 4 sets instead of 5?

Just asking in case the unbelievable happens and these are all gone in just a few hours tomorrow. >>

I believe so. I can't recall if it was the FDC for Washington Prez buck or something else, but it was a few years ago, I believe, and I think they did reduce. Can't recall exactly what and, for whatever it was, I wasn't in for a lot to flip, so I don't think it impacted me much at all. Others did get affected I think

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

<< <i>

So I could order 5 and I just need to make sure I have the funds in that acct before it ships? >>

Yeah, I agree the mint won't hit your card until it ships.

But..............on the other hand, what if instead of around T-giving, the mint starts shipping sets the second week of Nov?

Something to consider, anyway.

<< <i>

CCE? >>

I think it's this
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    So, if we want to flip these then leave them in the original delivery packaging?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    yes!
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<So, if we want to flip these then leave them in the original delivery packaging? >>

Do what you see fit. Take them out of the box and have them colorized, just an idea.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, if we want to flip these then leave them in the original delivery packaging? >>

That is the #1 rule to mint products, leave them sealed for a flip. I send mine double boxed, not like the link suggests to do. It says to relabel, I rather have the added security of a damaged outter box.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Yes i will get one but let me ask this question. Is this set really going to be worth as much as the ones that came out in 2006 when the price climb to X amount of $$$? But what about the economy right now coming into play? 14 Million without jobs etc. would that not affect the secondary market when it comes to re-selling these sets this time aroundimage So is it really worth all these hoopla/frenzy by these time come tommorrow? What's your take? Either way i will be part of it. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>So is it really worth all these hoopla/frenzy by these time come tommorrow? What's your take? Either way i will be part of it. >>

Yes.....image
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember...the 1% ers are kicking it right now...as long as you can sell to them you win!!! image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

• << <i>...14 Million without jobs etc. would that not affect the secondary market when it comes to re-selling these sets this time around... >>

Very little IMHO. In '06 there were 8 million unemployed...........
  • Casman, the sets will be delivered via UPS. They will make three attempts to deliver and then hold for pickup. One of my ATBs came while we were on vacation and we got hold of UPS and had them deliver it to our next door neighbor (trusted). If it will come while you are away but you still have internet access just keep an eye on it and if it gets hung up give UPS a call.
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So is it really worth all these hoopla/frenzy by these time come tommorrow? What's your take? Either way i will be part of it. >>

Yes.....image >>

This
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

<< <i>Yes i will get one but let me ask this question. Is this set really going to be worth as much as the ones that came out in 2006 when the price climb to X amount of $$$? But what about the economy right now coming into play? 14 Million without jobs etc. would that not affect the secondary market when it comes to re-selling these sets this time aroundimage So is it really worth all these hoopla/frenzy by these time come tommorrow? What's your take? Either way i will be part of it. image >>

Go look at a mall, there are more people fighting to get in then there ever has been...
    When people are financially in trouble they seem to either get bored, and spend more money...or somethin...haha, who knows.
    But I don't think that will affect this sale particularly.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    so what's pcgs doing, i can't find it in the thread.

first strike on the two and anniversary on all?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file