Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25th Anniversary ASE set

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Called Apmex today and they are buying @ $1250 for pcgs 70s and $850 for 69s. No premium for any type of label. >>

Heck they could buy all they want of the 69 sets on eBay right now for $800 - $850. Honestly those of you sitting on extra 69 sets should call Apmex immediately and sell at that price. Once the zillions of flippers who used NGC get their sets you're going to see prices dive even further on 69 sets so I would sell today if I needed to.

$1250 seems like a reasonable offer for the 70 sets considering several Mercanti sets have closed from $1615 - $1650 over the last day or so. >>

If we are going to have a glut hit it should come and go pretty fast the way these came out from the mint. How fast will the TPG's get them back and at what rate? Is it possible that the amount of slabbed coins remains somewhat constant for a while then drops off steadily?
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Why is AMPEX paying so much?....
    Because they're charging even more.
    69 Set for $1,495
    70 Set for $2,195
  • Options

<< <i>Why is AMPEX paying so much?....
    69 Set for $1,495
    70 Set for $2,195 >>

I think that should be the real current prices for these sets. APMEX knows the true value behind this.
    It's just that right now we are seeing flippers selling them lower just to take home their profit.
    I can't blame them.. any profit is good.
  • Options

<< <i>I have been collecting for around 40 years, but I never considered sending any coins in for grading until all the excitement over the 25th Anniversary ASEs, so please forgive my ignorance in asking this question. I'm just trying to understand and don't want to make an expensive mistake. Since all coins in the 25th Anniversary Set were struck at the same time, and since all sets submitted to PCGS in a mint sealed box are eligible for First Strike designationin addition to the 25th Anniversary Set designation, what is the value in paying $90/set for First Strike? Is it really just to have all the labels in a collection (after PCGS started using First Strike) look the same? Will collectors really pay a premium for this in a set like this where all submitted sets are eligible by definition? I ask because while it seems ridiculous to me to pay $450 to have a label placed on 5 sets that any set that is submitted intact is eligible for, I am afraid of cheaping out and having it cost me more than the $450 if I sell later. Please help!!!! >>

NJCoin...we're into a new generation of "coin collecting"..It seem that coins with labels in the holder are either as important or more important than the coins themselves.The new generation of coins coming from the Mint today are of excellent quality and in an almost airtight shell or package....Don't get me wrong about the major Third party grading services..TPG's..a sonic sealed plastic case is nice.......but I can look at my coins as well as many others and see flaws or gems....I have coins in PCGS holders as well as NGC holders.
    They're your coins..one way or the other..you can still dispute a grade on a coin...or cry that you didn't get a Flag label or Mercanti label inside the slab....
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why is AMPEX paying so much?....
    69 Set for $1,495
    70 Set for $2,195 >>

Like I said, they are in the business to make money. Remember when the sets first started shipping and dealers were offering $100 to $200 over the mint's price for sealed boxes. I still can't believe people sold them for that.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>f we are going to have a glut hit it should come and go pretty fast the way these came out from the mint. How fast will the TPG's get them back and at what rate? Is it possible that the amount of slabbed coins remains somewhat constant for a while then drops off steadily? >>

IMO, the glut is already on. It's been on for several days now. There are over 1300 listings for 25th Anniversary eagles on Ebay right now. That's the highest number I've ever seen. Sure, some of the people recently receiving their sets from the mint have yet to get their coins back from the TPGs, but we have already worked through a ton of these over the past month. Those sales are in stronger hands now. I think we are closer to the end of "the glut" than the beginning. We should start to see the Ebay listing counts coming down soon.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I for one have lost complete interest in these. Seems most of the interest/discussion is about labels and not about coins. >>

Well said
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>IMO, the glut is already on. It's been on for several days now. There are over 1300 listings for 25th Anniversary eagles on Ebay right now. That's the highest number I've ever seen. Sure, some of the people recently receiving their sets from the mint have yet to get their coins back from the TPGs, but we have already worked through a ton of these over the past month. Those sales are in stronger hands now. I think we are closer to the end of "the glut" than the beginning. We should start to see the Ebay listing counts coming down soon. >>

On another board I participate in there is an extremely long thread on these as well and of the 20 or so who sent their sets to NGC so far NONE of them have received their's yet. Sure some of the NGC sets are finally making their way to collectors, but IMO the "flood" of slabbed sets hasn't even started yet. I think we'll continue to see increasing numbers of slabbed sets from now through Christmas. Just look at how many of the PCGS slabbed coins on eBay are for the bulk or Mercanti style labels right now. There are very few flag labels so that tells me most people who submitted five or ten sets haven't even received theirs from the graders yet. I'm not complaining though as I plan on buying even more if prices keep falling (as I expect them to) image.
  • Options
    This question may have already been answered but I don't have time to go thru 5000+ posts. Will PCGS be accepting these sets at coin shows? I saw on NGC's website that they are not accepting the 25th Ann. sets at shows. Didn't see anything on the PCGS website about not accepting them at shows.
    Past BST deals baddogss,llafoe,braddick,wondercoin,fireman2030, ProofCollection, SNMAN,halfnut1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have been collecting for around 40 years, but I never considered sending any coins in for grading until all the excitement over the 25th Anniversary ASEs, so please forgive my ignorance in asking this question. I'm just trying to understand and don't want to make an expensive mistake. Since all coins in the 25th Anniversary Set were struck at the same time, and since all sets submitted to PCGS in a mint sealed box are eligible for First Strike designationin addition to the 25th Anniversary Set designation, what is the value in paying $90/set for First Strike? Is it really just to have all the labels in a collection (after PCGS started using First Strike) look the same? Will collectors really pay a premium for this in a set like this where all submitted sets are eligible by definition? I ask because while it seems ridiculous to me to pay $450 to have a label placed on 5 sets that any set that is submitted intact is eligible for, I am afraid of cheaping out and having it cost me more than the $450 if I sell later. Please help!!!! >>

NJCoin...we're into a new generation of "coin collecting"..It seem that coins with labels in the holder are either as important or more important than the coins themselves.The new generation of coins coming from the Mint today are of excellent quality and in an almost airtight shell or package....Don't get me wrong about the major Third party grading services..TPG's..a sonic sealed plastic case is nice.......but I can look at my coins as well as many others and see flaws or gems....I have coins in PCGS holders as well as NGC holders.
    They're your coins..one way or the other..you can still dispute a grade on a coin...or cry that you didn't get a Flag label or Mercanti label inside the slab.... >>

cool avatar larry. just scanned it with my phone. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>On another board I participate in there is an extremely long thread on these as well and of the 20 or so who sent their sets to NGC so far NONE of them have received their's yet. Sure some of the NGC sets are finally making their way to collectors, but IMO the "flood" of slabbed sets hasn't even started yet. I think we'll continue to see increasing numbers of slabbed sets from now through Christmas. Just look at how many of the PCGS slabbed coins on eBay are for the bulk or Mercanti style labels right now. There are very few flag labels so that tells me most people who submitted five or ten sets haven't even received theirs from the graders yet. I'm not complaining though as I plan on buying even more if prices keep falling (as I expect them to) image. >>

Actually, the NGC sets were the first to hit eBay and bunches of them were 70 sets. In fact, there were lots of them on there way before any of the PCGS sets started being listed. I would expect to keep seeing NGC sets being listed as they are cheaper to get graded and have a tendency to give higher grades. I haven't been really watching the NGC sets since the PCGS sets started coming out but what I have seen, the NGC sets were selling for a couple hundred less than the PCGS sets (which is generally par for the course).
  • Options

<< <i>This question may have already been answered but I don't have time to go thru 5000+ posts. Will PCGS be accepting these sets at coin shows? I saw on NGC's website that they are not accepting the 25th Ann. sets at shows. Didn't see anything on the PCGS website about not accepting them at shows. >>

They are accepted at shows. Your coins will be placed into flips, and you'll be able to take all of the OGP material back home, saving you the expense of having it shipped back.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

They're your coins..one way or the other..you can still dispute a grade on a coin...or cry that you didn't get a Flag label or Mercanti label inside the slab.... >>

Larry -- You may have slightly misunderstood my question, which is understandable since my preamble was so long winded image I get that TPG is very valuable for investors who know little or nothing about coins. I also get that "First Strike" means something, and has some value, when it represents a subset of a given mintage, due to the limited time that the designation is available. What I am trying to understand is why anyone would be willing to pay a premium, either initially or on resale, for a First Strike designation on a set when the whole set is "first strike" by definition. As I said before, it seems a little crazy to pay $90/set for it, but I fear it will turn out to be more crazy to not pay it if subsequent buyers will shun my slabs if they are lacking a flag. So, I'm trying to pick the collective brain of the group to see if I am missing something before deciding whether or not to spend $450 on top of $350 to have 5 sets graded.
  • Options
    NJCoin..
    The terminolgy to which "First Strike" is used today by the TPGs are the time they get your coins from you after the mint delivers them within the 30 day window..It has nothing to do with the official ANA designation of the first few coins from the dies..The terminolgy has been skewed.
    The TPGs in my opinion mislead somewhat to a point for encapsulation with that term ..First Strike"
    They do indeed provide a valuable service to genuinly inspect a coin as to a common agreed upon grade and authenticity..BUT these extra labels are ..like I said .. are a diservice..
    Larry
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    hi guys first post :-) just tried posting in another thread but couldn't get a response so trying here...please forgive for a newbie question.

can someone tell me if I need to join for $49+ the collectors club in order to get any coins graded from PCGS? I was planning on sending in single coins- I think cutoff for postmark is tomorrow correct for the reverse and s mint marks to get anniv label and first strike and grade?? ANyone know off the top of their head what the cost for that would be per coin?

Also can I send to NCG the other "W" eagle since it is not sealed and still get the label and grade as long as I send by tomorrow- if you know cost off the top for that I would also appreciate it!!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!! hi guys first post :-) just tried posting in another thread but couldn't get a response so trying here...please forgive for a newbie question. can someone tell me if I need to join for $49+ the collectors club in order to get any coins graded from PCGS? I was planning on sending in single coins- I think cutoff for postmark is tomorrow correct for the reverse and s mint marks to get anniv label and first strike and grade?? ANyone know off the top of their head what the cost for that would be per coin? Also can I send to NCG the other "W" eagle since it is not sealed and still get the label and grade as long as I send by tomorrow- if you know cost off the top for that I would also appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Yes to the 49 bucks it is worth it to go the full 99 and get 4 free grades though....

Yes tomorrow is the postmark cut off for the rev and S mint 25th Anniversary coins first stirke

cost is shipping both ways plus modern grade fee $14.00 plus first strike fee 18.00 plus 8 bucks for the whole package

You can do it all online through the PCGS website just get the package in the mail tomorrow

I cannot answer the NGC question
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>hi guys first post :-) just tried posting in another thread but couldn't get a response so trying here...please forgive for a newbie question.

can someone tell me if I need to join for $49+ the collectors club in order to get any coins graded from PCGS? I was planning on sending in single coins- I think cutoff for postmark is tomorrow correct for the reverse and s mint marks to get anniv label and first strike and grade?? ANyone know off the top of their head what the cost for that would be per coin?

Also can I send to NCG the other "W" eagle since it is not sealed and still get the label and grade as long as I send by tomorrow- if you know cost off the top for that I would also appreciate it!!

Thanks!! >>

Welcome aboard.
    Yes, you need to join PCGS Collector Club in order to be able to submit yourself, recommended, else you need to have an authorized dealer (or a friend who has submission privileges).
    If these are all you will be submitting, then the $49 level is your best bet.

Yes, the cutoff for 1st strike is tomorrow (postmarked). The 2 unique coins can be submitted anytime to get the anniversary label but not the 1st strike.
    Depending how you submit, you can get it done for $14 modern/coin + $18 1st strike/coin +$8 submission fee + shipping there (your cost) + return shipping (PCGS has a table for the costs based on # of coins and overall value of submission).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>hi guys first post :-) just tried posting in another thread but couldn't get a response so trying here...please forgive for a newbie question.

Thanks!! >>

Welcome!

Yes, you either need to be a member, or you need to find a dealer who can submit the coins for you. You will need to submit the single coins postmarked by Dec 7 to get FS designation. Since you're really up against the clock, I doubt the dealer option is viable. You should call PCGS tomorrow and see if you can get a member number quickly so you can get your submission in on time.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    thank you so much!! I appreciate the quick answers!!
  • Options
    I know most of you go with PCGS and I understand why, BUT if you were planning on just keeping one set and selling the individual coins from 2 other sets,
    would you submit to NCG because higher chance of scoring 70's. I know PCGS (higher resale value) but (I think)alot of people have no idea of the difference or am I mistaken.
    Again I am only selling my individual coins so does chance of 70's with NCG outweigh higher price of PCGS. Trying to make a decision tonight. I will be sending in 3 reverse, 3 S mint and 3 W....what would you do?

You have no idea how helpful you have all been. I know there are tons of lurkers as I have been for almost 6 months. Trying to learn and have never graded anything I have collected.

Thanks again!!
  • Options

<< <i>I know most of you go with PCGS and I understand why, BUT if you were planning on just keeping one set and selling the individual coins from 2 other sets,
    would you submit to NCG because higher chance of scoring 70's. I know PCGS (higher resale value) but (I think)alot of people have no idea of the difference or am I mistaken.
    Again I am only selling my individual coins so does chance of 70's with NCG outweigh higher price of PCGS. Trying to make a decision tonight. I will be sending in 3 reverse, 3 S mint and 3 W....what would you do?

You have no idea how helpful you have all been. I know there are tons of lurkers as I have been for almost 6 months. Trying to learn and have never graded anything I have collected.

Thanks again!! >>

No, I wouldn't. I would either keep them raw or submit to PCGS as a 70 in PCGS means more than a 70 in NGC, to the market, for these types of coins.
    When you go to resell, you will likely either get more for the PCGS or you will be offered melt for either one (ie....local dealers).

Not sure why you will send in the "W" as only the reverse proof and "S" will get the annv label and the 1st strike if sent in as opened pieces.

If you haven't opened the set yet, don't, and end in unopened IF you can afford it. Then, sell of the other coins to (hopefully) get some funding that is worth it. You will then get the 9 coins you want in the same label and w. annv set 1st strike on them.

Else, just send in the "S" and RP and buy the "W" already graded the way you like it and sell the "W" raw for what you can.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly - having read this a time or two - an unopened box of however many you have would also qualify for FS, and all the trimmings, even if sent in after the so-called deadline of December 7th. The date on the label, and on the packintg invoice within the box, would confirm that it met the initial 30-day FS window -

Right?
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    If you've opened the box the coins were shipped in from the mint, you will NOT be able to get the 25th anniversary set label for the W, proof W or no mintmark coins. You can get the 25 th label for the S mintmark and reverse proof coins from an open box.
    Ngc coins in the long run will sell for much less than PCGS coins but the trade off is you are likely to get more 70's at NGC. So that's a gamble. I believe the coins have to be RECIEVED by NGC by tomorrow for Early release labels while PCGS requires a 12-8 postmark . shipment of an unopened mint box that was mailed before the 8th I believe also qualifies.
  • Options
    I was pretty sure (and that only means I could be completely wrong) that NCG will accept ANY of the coins opened as long as before the date. I agree with your assessment on the reverse and s mint (being sent to PCGS) so I would send all the reverse proofs and S mints to PCGS and the 3 W mint marks to NCG...stupid idea?

edit-- they are already open sets
  • Options
    just went to NGC website and they have to have in hand by the 8th so I would have to decide if the gamble is worth a possibility of more 70's from NGC and less value or less 70 potential if any from PCGS and more value...man I despise decisions!!

what the heck do I do??? I am just selling them but when you look at it does NGC go for hundreds of dollars less a coin than PCGS...remember I am talking a coin not a set of 70's.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your boxes are already open, then only your 2011-S and 2011-P reverse proof can get the "25th anniversary set" designation... that is the case at both PCGS and NGC... so it's not even worth getting the other 3 coins graded in my opinion.
  • Options
    69 or less currently sell for similar prices- 70 PCGS coins will get a lot more. Currently the PCGS S mint mark 70's are getting $ 200+ more on eBay than the NGC 70.
  • Options
    ok thanks...I guess I was misunderstanding the NGC website. It had said I did not have to send any of the packaging in, just the coins by the 8th. It didn't seem in imply they meant only the 2 coins. Oh well...
  • Options
    drfish--

yes I saw that on ebay but if I get NO 70's from PCGS then I am hosed versus better chance for 70's from NGC...see what I mean?
    All 69's or less from PCGS- more money out and almost same price as raw. A few potential 70's from NGS- less money to do it and more 70's to sell.

Is my thinking off? I agree with all of you that PCGS will hold value better but what does that matter if they are 69's... just thinking through this.
  • Options
    So, let me just see if I got this right...

You are completely new to grading/submitting coins.
    You bought the set in order to slab/flip them.
    You don't know the market for these, or for the NGC vs PCGS?

You have already been given the best advice, if you are going to flip them, and yet you are still trying to figure it out.
    Good luck with that......sometimes I wish people did their homework BEFORE getting themselves in an angst at the last moment.

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, let me just see if I got this right...

You have already been given the best advice, if you are going to flip them, and yet you are still trying to figure it out.
    Good luck with that......sometimes I wish people did their homework BEFORE getting themselves in an angst at the last moment. >>

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    ok this is driving me nuts. I just checked the mint site and my set is still in process and they keep pushing out the expected ship date. Now it says 12/21. Really. They haven't been able to get these all out the door yet. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

<< <i>ok this is driving me nuts. I just checked the mint site and my set is still in process and they keep pushing out the expected ship date. Now it says 12/21. Really. They haven't been able to get these all out the door yet. image >>

I was wondering if all had been shipped out. Appears not.
    Sorry that you are waiting on them.

• Options
    Teri that's the gamble part of it. I sent my five unopened sets to PCGS and lucked out with three ms70 11-s and all five revpr70's. You can go to NGC forums and they have a similar thread with members posting grades and yes the 70's run higher but a few folks got no or only a couple 70's in the keys. It is what it is-you may have received ten nice coins or ten with blemishes.
    Since your boxes are opened,I would tilt the coins back and forth under a good light source- leave them in their capsules!- if you see ANY pinpoint breaks in the coins finish or small nicks those coins are likely to be 69s. Examine them multiple times with different lights,if you have a loupe also use that. Any coins with even minute blemishes I would sell on eBay. Any apparently perfect coins would go in their capsules in an insured flat rate express overnight envelope to PCGS Or NGC - that's the gamble part of it. Tape the capsules between two pieces of cardboard then wrap in bubble wrap. I would also tape the envelope shut- use packing tape . Good luck. This game is like fishing - skill and luck - otherwise they'd call the sport catching.
  • Options
    Another consideration with submission choice is turn around time. At PCGS my BO5 arrived 11-22 and the graded coins were shipped to me 12-2- modern tier with first strike. A BO3 sent to NGC arrived there 6 days ago and still is not logged into their system. Yesterday an exasperated NGC customer service rep asked me if I had checked their website as they had posted a message about 25th set backlogs. She then told me that my coins would likely be logged in within a few days and after login it would be 10-14 business days before grades are final.
    PCGS has always been impressive,timely and professional. NGC so far with my first time using them has been underwhelming.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for 2 sets for my shop at a reasonable price if anyone cares to help a B&M guy who victimizes old widows. Reasonable prices please. I need a good rip image
    The BST isn't working. My PM function does.
  • Options

<< <i>Another consideration with submission choice is turn around time. At PCGS my BO5 arrived 11-22 and the graded coins were shipped to me 12-2- modern tier with first strike. A BO3 sent to NGC arrived there 6 days ago and still is not logged into their system. Yesterday an exasperated NGC customer service rep asked me if I had checked their website as they had posted a message about 25th set backlogs. She then told me that my coins would likely be logged in within a few days and after login it would be 10-14 business days before grades are final.
    PCGS has always been impressive,timely and professional. NGC so far with my first time using them has been underwhelming. >>

I am glad I decided to go with PCGS. It was a no-brainer for me since I live in So Cal and they are within shouting distance from me. In 2006, I did use NGC and can't really remember if I had the same experience with them logging the order timely. I shipped my order on the 11-9-11, was logged on 11-14-11, and shipped on 11-28-11. Given the turnaround estimates, I was thinking I would get them back on 12-7-11. I am glad that PCGS had people willing to work the weekends, especially the Thanksgiving weekend. That really told me that they were serious about getting the sets graded quickly.
    Green neophyte
  • Options

<< <i>So, let me just see if I got this right...

Good luck with that......sometimes I wish people did their homework BEFORE getting themselves in an angst at the last moment. >>

I agree with you. The fire drill gets old after a while. If someone did put in the time to research and find the answers in this thread, it would have 20% less volume in it. I know ignorance is bliss, but at least show you were willing to try before you ask redundant questions. Not referring to you, of course. image
    Green neophyte
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the $20-30 PCGS fee for return shipping of the OGP.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    teri,

Raw sets are going for about the same as graded 69s. Just sell the dang boxes on the BST or the 'bay and enjoy the nice holiday gift!

Stick around here and it will be worthwhile.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭
    <<< A BO3 sent to NGC arrived there 6 days ago and still is not logged into their system. Yesterday an exasperated NGC customer service rep asked me if I had checked their website as they had posted a message about 25th set backlogs. She then told me that my coins would likely be logged in within a few days and after login it would be 10-14 business days before grades are final. >>>

I wonder how long the backlog is at NGC for cashing submitter's checks or hitting their CC's? image
  • Options
    "So, let me just see if I got this right...

Good luck with that......sometimes I wish people did their homework BEFORE getting themselves in an angst at the last moment."

Bochiman- I do understand the market for these, I do understand the value of PCGS versus NGC...I was simply weighing (since I was only selling)possibility of more 70's versus less and you my dear can be a MASSIVE JERK at times... I have read this thread since about 2000 posts ago and without signing up with either service I couldn't see all the costs involved while I was looking last night. I was struggling with a particular choice, taking into consideration less 70's(if any) going with PCGS and possibility of getting only 69's or less compared to NGC. I never questioned which held more value. I appreciated your advice and was planning on following it but I did not think you understood the decision that I was actually trying to make for my situation hence the reason I went on to explain myself. If you get tired of seeing a conversation well I can certainly appreciate that, but then by all means don't comment. Sorry I do not have the coin expertise and wonderfully quick decision making that you do...I will try to work on that.

As for Dr.Fish and Bad Guy, Realgator, PF70...,illini420 and coasterfan and the others who, after my reaming by Bochiman, decided to give your advice...I appreciate your input.
  • Options
    oh and bochiman--

I am not in the angst of the last moment. I had sold my other sets and was happy as I had sold the week of the 17th. On a whim I thought maybe I would get my last 3 sets graded...nothing more no back against the wall, no life or death situation for my credit card. I just wanted some of the gamblers opinions.
  • Options
    Hang in there teri5125. Sometimes you have to step into mud before getting to the water.

Most people here don't like people who are just flippers (not collectors or dealers). This is especially true on a set like this one where a lot of people got shutout. However, you won't see the same treatment towards members who managed to get more than 5 sets. It is pretty obvious they are flipping these.

I flipped my five sets as I didn’t want to roll the grading dice. However, I turned around and bought graded sets on eBay with the proceeds for my collection. In fact, I believe I bought one set from one of the forum members.
  • Options
    thanks coins101--

I hear ya loud and clear and agree with you :-)
  • Options

<< <i>"So, let me just see if I got this right...

Good luck with that......sometimes I wish people did their homework BEFORE getting themselves in an angst at the last moment."

Bochiman- I do understand the market for these, I do understand the value of PCGS versus NGC...I was simply weighing (since I was only selling)possibility of more 70's versus less and you my dear can be a MASSIVE JERK at times... I have read this thread since about 2000 posts ago and without signing up with either service I couldn't see all the costs involved while I was looking last night. I was struggling with a particular choice, taking into consideration less 70's(if any) going with PCGS and possibility of getting only 69's or less compared to NGC. I never questioned which held more value. I appreciated your advice and was planning on following it but I did not think you understood the decision that I was actually trying to make for my situation hence the reason I went on to explain myself. If you get tired of seeing a conversation well I can certainly appreciate that, but then by all means don't comment. Sorry I do not have the coin expertise and wonderfully quick decision making that you do...I will try to work on that.

As for Dr.Fish and Bad Guy, Realgator, PF70...,illini420 and coasterfan and the others who, after my reaming by Bochiman, decided to give your advice...I appreciate your input. >>

Teri, YOU seem to be getting quite rude and not one who is willing to try.
    To cop out and say info is not available without "signing up with either service" and that you "couldn't see all the costs involved".....well, did you bother to look around the PCGS.COM site itself?
    I did, just to see if it is easily available. Guess what? It was. PCGS has made the info very accessible.

Go to pcgs.com
    Then click on "services" (since submitting is a service, but even if you had to do a trial and error, you would still find it quickly).

That brings one to: This link of the PCGS services

There, on the left, are now other, useful, links. FAQs, how to submit, FEES. It's all there.

Also, to try to chastise me, well, go for it. I won't bother trying to respond to you in your questions image
    You don't seem to listen anyway and just go down your own path and say that you have been listening and know what is going on (though, if that were true, and you have been reading the thread, then I have no idea why you stated you wanted to send the "W" coins in since those wouldn't get the labels if sent in opened.... image )

And to say "my dear".... image

• Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i> I need a good rip image >>

i ripped one. hopefully it permeates the PM function
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm with teri on this in that it was only question regarding options. btw I don't and didn't use PCGS just because of inconsistent grading on bulk(to me anyways) items I'll flip. Core collection sure but volume items in my sales style no.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    This guy just pulled a fast one on Ebay. Its not a set. Take a look. Somebody paid $1000 for this. OMG there are some real crooks out there

Supposed NGC 25th Anniversery Set
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"So, let me just see if I got this right...

As for Dr.Fish and Bad Guy, Realgator, PF70...,illini420 and coasterfan and the others who, after my reaming by Bochiman, decided to give your advice...I appreciate your input. >>

If massive jerk means he provided spot on information I am all for Bochi.

If I had an ASE for every post I have seen on flip threads about how long someone has supposedly followed I would be Modern coin mart.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file