Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Got my APMEX ATB set yesterday and was blown away with the packaging! The best I've seen for something like this.

The grades were decent, too:

HS = MS69
    GC = MS69PL
    Yellow = MS68DMPL
    Yosemite = MS68DMPL
    MH = MS68DMPL

Very pleased with APMEX on this set!

Cheers!

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<All orders must have the same billing address and shipping address.>>

Not true...my Mint orders are always shipped to a different address (linked to my account) as I'm not home to sign for them during the day. And this has never been an issue.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    What is the next ATB P coin thats going to be for sale by the USMint after the YellowStoneimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

I just rebuilt it - can someone with a PC tell me if it shows properly now? I can't tell.

edited to add Link >>

Akbeez - looks fine on my PC

<< <i>What is the next ATB P coin thats going to be for sale by the USMint after the YellowStoneimage >>

Yosemite is on deck.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> >>

Thanks Cas - HTML code errors. The listing shows perfect on a Mac, but not on a PC.

I just rebuilt it - can someone with a PC tell me if it shows properly now? I can't tell.

edited to add Link >>

Perfect...image
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks good on MAC and PC >>

THANKS everyone who reviewed it for me!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>

<< <i>What is the next ATB P coin thats going to be for sale by the USMint after the YellowStoneimage >>

Yosemite is on deck. >>

Thank you Mon Capitan! -- Q image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone here ordered internationally from the Mint?

A friend from Australia is trying to order an NP2 and his order keeps poofing - just disappears after being placed.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>375026xx
    37476xxx

26,600 orders more or less >>

So, there were 26,600 or so orders by end of day on the 17th. Ends up that 18,143 ended up being Yellowstone 5 ozers. We'll have to see if that same ratio works out for the next one as well. Then we can more accurately estimate how many have been sold. >>

Where did you get the 18K number?

Seems like a low ratio, maybe with the Mint's website doing so well, people who were not ordering the Puck, were able to order their other coin. My point being, if the site is really slow, people not ordering the puck will just come back later, if the site is fine, people will order as usual.

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

Seems like a low ratio, maybe with the Mint's website doing so well, people who were not ordering the Puck, were able to order their other coin. My point being, if the site is really slow, people not ordering the puck will just come back later, if the site is fine, people will order as usual. >>

It was posted at this link yesterday::

Link

Here are the first two paragraphs.. there's more after this.. for to be clicken' on der linkin' to be readin' der whole article.. image

"Sales of the 2010-P Yellowstone National Park Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins are off to a brisk start. The United States Mint began accepting orders yesterday, May 17 at 12:00 Noon ET. By the end of the day, total sales had reached 18,143 out of the 27,000 total mintage.

Although there were no website crashes, the initial rate of sales nearly matches that of the Hot Springs coin, first available on April 28 at 12:00 Noon ET. By 9:00 PM that day, the US Mint indicated that total sales had exceeded 19,000 units. By May 2, the US Mint had sold 25,000 units, however it would take until May 13 for sales reach the 27,000 maximum mintage. The US Mint continues to accept orders for this coin for placement on a waiting list.".. <-- which is no longer true, since the Hot Springs "P" is SOLD OUT, baby!..

{{throwing confetti}}..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • noname166noname166 Posts: 13 ✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone here ordered internationally from the Mint?

A friend from Australia is trying to order an NP2 and his order keeps poofing - just disappears after being placed. >>

Yes .. Received email confirmation and given the order number.
    When checked via track order, the order was in placed.
    I checked back the next day, it was gone...when searched using the order number, no where to be found.

I called the mint customer service, and was told to wait until next Monday. If the order did not appear, i will need to call them up again.
    Not sure what is wrong with their ordering system. The order number that i have gotten is disappeared, as the customer service staff can't locate it.
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    HS officially Sold Out
    Yel ship date Changed to 5/26

- Aron
    It's probably also worth mentioning that this::

Mint reduces some prices

could also account for many orders yesterday.. probably perhaps maybe due to the Mint lowering prices on Gold coins, due to spot Gold falling below the threshold on the Mint's Gold and Platinum pricing chart (which is on their site somewhere).. induced some folks to order them, in case the prices go back up again, if the spot prices go back up again..

At least, that's my hunch and I'm stickin' to it image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The P-Pucks seem to have a lot of aftermarket interest. I have one for sale on the 'bay with over 100 views and 30 followers. Quite high in my experience.

• << <i>All orders must have the same billing address and shipping address.
    The 2 must be the same for an order to go through. >>

Incorrect. I ordered a HS puck on behalf of my girlfriend. It was our apartment billing address/her name shipped to ME at my parent's house. It shipped and it's sitting not too far from me as I write this.

Edit: sorry, didn't see someone else's reply to you about this earlier. Not trying to be a pest!
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    What more interesting is why 8,000 people decided to order a non-puck item on the day the puck is being released? That would be the last day I would try to order something if I wasn't after the coin that is being released. There is something wrong here.

<< <i>It's probably also worth mentioning that this::

Mint reduces some prices

could also account for many orders yesterday.. probably perhaps maybe due to the Mint lowering prices on Gold coins, due to spot Gold falling below the threshold on the Mint's Gold and Platinum pricing chart (which is on their site somewhere).. induced some folks to order them, in case the prices go back up again, if the spot prices go back up again..

At least, that's my hunch and I'm stickin' to it image >>

What about silver? It seems there would be an adjustment there for sure.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Although there were no website crashes

<< <i>

i had more trouble with the YS than the HS. i was timed out 5 times. i know that doesn't mean their servers crashed. maybe i need to adjust my browser settings?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> >>

Thanks Cas - HTML code errors. The listing shows perfect on a Mac, but not on a PC.

edited to add Link >>

What am I supposed to see? I only see you asking if I see it now.

• Order number: 374772XX

Order Date:

Order Status: Your order request is in process

Dont know why it doesnt read out the order date but at least status is changed to in process

<< <i>

Mint reduces some prices

What about silver? It seems there would be an adjustment there for sure. >>

The US Mint's price adjustment chart, which went into effect what, a couple of years ago, I think.. only covers Gold and Platinum, not Silver.. since Gold fell below $1500.00, and stayed below $1500.00 for a week, they lowered the prices on their Gold offerings.. thus, my hunch that a lot of people were ordering Gold coins the past couple of days, in case Gold goes back up over $1500.00 an ounce and stays there..

Realistically, they should've lowered the price of the Yellowstone "P"uck, since Silver was in the neighborhood of $34.00 when it went on sale, whereas Silver was over $48.00 when the Hot Springs "P" went on sale, and yet, for whatever reason / excuse they used, they kept it at the same $279.95 price.. giving them a HUGE profit on each coin sold, as the article to which I linked detailed..

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>375026xx
    37476xxx

26,600 orders more or less >>

So, there were 26,600 or so orders by end of day on the 17th. Ends up that 18,143 ended up being Yellowstone 5 ozers. We'll have to see if that same ratio works out for the next one as well. Then we can more accurately estimate how many have been sold. >>

Seems like a low ratio, maybe with the Mint's website doing so well, people who were not ordering the Puck, were able to order their other coin. My point being, if the site is really slow, people not ordering the puck will just come back later, if the site is fine, people will order as usual. >>

The link below has the 18K info.
    Link

• "Prices are officially established through publication within the Federal Register. Notice of pricing for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncircualted Coins was published on April 18, 2011. On that date, the market price of silver was $42.79 per ounce."

I was expecting they would lower the price but I guess it's set in stone...

OK... What if Silver hits $60.00 by the next issue...?

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Jellystone puck is in process with cancel box gone. These babies are shipping in the next couple of days!! My order was done at 12:07 est.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them. >>

I saw a SP70 on eBay like this. >>

Thanks for the info MsM!

Was it PCGS or NCG? Thanks!! >>

I might be wrong.

I thought this was one:

image >>

Yes, that one looks clean. Any 70's with the metal flow issues in the SPRIN? >>

I see a little bit of the "Spring Crimp" in that one too.

My best guess is that they started making these, found the crimping, and decided that instead of having to re-make all of these, they would take all the crimped ones, and throw them in the sandblasted (sorry, I mean "high tech ceramic vapor blasted") group, thinking it would be covered up somewhat, and save them a buck or two.....

So, can I get some state quarter unc's from the bank, ad a letter to them, sandblast them, and then sell them as collectibles?

<< <i>"Prices are officially established through publication within the Federal Register. Notice of pricing for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncircualted Coins was published on April 18, 2011. On that date, the market price of silver was $42.79 per ounce."

OK... What if Silver hits $60.00 by the next issue...? >>

I've got a few rolls of pre-1965 quarters and Halves that will go up on eBay so fast, you'll get whiplash watching me photograph them and type descriptions ;-) ..

These precious metal prices are being manipulated by China, India, the Freemasons, and those guys who live in Area 51..
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"Prices are officially established through publication within the Federal Register. Notice of pricing for the 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncircualted Coins was published on April 18, 2011. On that date, the market price of silver was $42.79 per ounce."

OK... What if Silver hits $60.00 by the next issue...? >>

I've got a few rolls of pre-1965 quarters and Halves that will go up on eBay so fast, you'll get whiplash watching me photograph them and type descriptions ;-) ..

These precious metal prices are being manipulated by China, India, the Freemasons, and those guys who live in Area 51.. >>

That is a great post...............Freemasons, I love that part.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My Jellystone puck is in process with cancel box gone. These babies are shipping in the next couple of days!! My order was done at 12:07 est. >>

Ditto !!!

Ship maybe tomorrow, :-)
    Lets see, mine went from a 6/1 ship date, to a 6/2 date yesterday, to a 6/3 ship date this morning, to in stock and reserved - order in process. Will the cancel box be gone by the end of the day? Hum????
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>My Jellystone puck is in process with cancel box gone. These babies are shipping in the next couple of days!! My order was done at 12:07 est. >>

Mine is in process but I still have the cancel box. It did change from backordered to in stock and reserved. My order hit at 12:20.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto...on both orders the cancel box is gone and they're in process.

Just another mystery of the Mint...last time I ordered in the first 15 minutes and waited...and waited...for shipping. This time I ordered after waiting much longer and they seem to be getting rocketed out the door!

Go figure!

<< <i>Ditto...on both orders the cancel box is gone and they're in process.

Just another mystery of the Mint...last time I ordered in the first 15 minutes and waited...and waited...for shipping. This time I ordered after waiting much longer and they seem to be getting rocketed out the door!

Go figure! >>

Apparently, after the Hot Springs "P" ordering and shipping delays fiascos, the beatings commenced, and you are seeing the results..

No, but all seriousness aside.. due to the huge drop in spot Silver, and since they're making such an enormous profit on each "P"ellowstone, they could afford to hire a second person to work on order processing..

• I wonder when pop numbers for "P" Hot Spring will show up?

I'm currently getting "There is no population found for PCGS Number: 505105"
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>
    image >>

Yes, that one looks clean. Any 70's with the metal flow issues in the SPRIN? >>

What's that going on between the letters S-P-R-I-N-G at the top of the letters?

my imagination? odd lighting? >>

On closer look, it does look like that metal flow change (or whatever it is) is present in the S P area. Less noticable than in most coins.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mint reduces some prices

What about silver? It seems there would be an adjustment there for sure. >>

The US Mint's price adjustment chart, which went into effect what, a couple of years ago, I think.. only covers Gold and Platinum, not Silver.. since Gold fell below $1500.00, and stayed below $1500.00 for a week, they lowered the prices on their Gold offerings.. thus, my hunch that a lot of people were ordering Gold coins the past couple of days, in case Gold goes back up over $1500.00 an ounce and stays there..

Realistically, they should've lowered the price of the Yellowstone "P"uck, since Silver was in the neighborhood of $34.00 when it went on sale, whereas Silver was over $48.00 when the Hot Springs "P" went on sale, and yet, for whatever reason / excuse they used, they kept it at the same $279.95 price.. giving them a HUGE profit on each coin sold, as the article to which I linked detailed.. >>

I agree! I'll bet that they would have raised it had the reverse been true.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>Lets see, mine went from a 6/1 ship date, to a 6/2 date yesterday, to a 6/3 ship date this morning, to in stock and reserved - order in process. Will the cancel box be gone by the end of the day? Hum???? >>

Well, the box is gone now. Interesting chain of events - slip, slip, holding, boom! Next will be the tracking number. Has anyone received one yet?
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    credit card fingered

(l8-)>>

• Nothing yet .. Mine went to IN PROCESS with no box sometime before 7 am this morning PST
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    A-Mark Direct just shipped 2011s

Shipping Method
    Standard Shipping
    Tracking number
    480601741XXX

Shipped on
    Thursday, May 19, 2011
    Delivered on
    Not delivered yet
    Weight
    0.00 [lb(s)]
    Product(s)
    Name Price Quantity Total
    2011 America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 2

on a slow boat

Tracking number: 480601741XXX
    Ship date: May 19, 2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: May 24, 2011 4:30 PM

Destination: washington, DC US
    Service type: Express Saver
    Pieces: 1
    Weight:
    Package Type: 4.0 LBS.
    Your Packaging
    Reference: XXXX

In transit

(l8-)>>

• GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    They are getting ready to ship. My credit card was also hit today.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Realistically, they should've lowered the price of the Yellowstone "P"uck, since Silver was in the neighborhood of $34.00 when it went on sale, whereas Silver was over $48.00 when the Hot Springs "P" went on sale, and yet, for whatever reason / excuse they used, they kept it at the same $279.95 price.. giving them a HUGE profit on each coin sold, as the article to which I linked detailed.. >>

Yeah, about 65% profit over melt, at least according to today's "Coin Update" email:

"The strong initial sales for the Yellowstone release shows that most collectors were not deterred by the relatively higher premium based on current precious metals prices. When the prior issue went on sale, silver was trading around $48 per ounce. At the time, the product price of $279.95 represented a premium of approximately 20% above metal value. At the time of yesterday’s release, silver was around $34 per ounce, meaning the premium was about 65% above metal value."

Can anyone say GREED? image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

• << <i>They are getting ready to ship. My credit card was also hit today. >>

They really don't want any cancellations do they? Slamming these suckers thru - acting almost like a real business.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Your written FB is great, your pics are great, buyer is playing a common line and scare tactic. When it happens to me I do to return for full refund or nothing.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

Can anyone say GREED? image >>

The Mint needs to extend their weekly price changes to their silver products. It's silly that the 1/10 AGE gets a reduction, but not the ATB 5 oz. Not having an understanding of the fed. register, etc. though, this might be easier said than done.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

• << <i>

<< <i>

The Mint needs to extend their weekly price changes to their silver products. It's silly that the 1/10 AGE gets a reduction, but not the ATB 5 oz. Not having an understanding of the fed. register, etc. though, this might be easier said than done. >>

The mint price is to much for these coins if silver stays around 35. After watching Ebay for the sales of the P ATBs, The series is not looking good as a money maker for quick flips and may be a long term hold, unless you have all 70s
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Mint needs to extend their weekly price changes to their silver products. It's silly that the 1/10 AGE gets a reduction, but not the ATB 5 oz. Not having an understanding of the fed. register, etc. though, this might be easier said than done. >>

The mint price is to much for these coins if silver stays around 35. After watching Ebay for the sales of the P ATBs, The series is not looking good as a money maker for quick flips and may be a long term dog, unless you have all 70s >>

Seriously, isn't that greed? I'm having a problem correlating the greed of the Mint and Mint customers who want maximum markup on their flips. I'm buying for long term investment as silver will surely rise again, surpassing the $50 mark. Those who are selling on the Bay without the product in hand seem to also be part of the GREED issue...
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
    Maybe we should also call the US Mint and complain like what some of us did when the AP's played with the ATB's image If nobody complains then they would say ...... guess its ok?

• << <i>At the time of yesterday’s release, silver was around $34 per ounce, meaning the premium was about 65% above metal value."

It's actually even worse than that...

Don't forget that these coins were minted in 2010, when silver was around $20 an ounce!

The mint could have charged a more reasonable premium above current melt and still made a FORTUNE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file