Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just got my order in....order # 375014xx, 10:20pm EST. >>

Looks like 20K + sales thus far ??? >>

That's 24,300+ orders since my order at 12:07 est today...........
  • 37502xxx

As of 11pm est.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them. >>

I saw a SP70 on eBay like this. >>

Thanks for the info MsM!

Was it PCGS or NCG? Thanks!! >>

I might be wrong.

I thought this was one:

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-5-oz-HOT-SPRINGS-AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-ERROR-/200607872713?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2eb52936c9#ht_500wt_922

That is what he is talking about. I just saw that this morning. Then, I get to work and pick up my second coin from the front desk and open it - what do ya know? Same thing. I have this "daisy chaining" going on as well.

Any input? >>

here is a great picture of it:

>>

That is what can happen when the milling machine has errors and/or the engraving bit has issues. Remember that these are the only dies produced by the US Mint that are NOT hubbed. Each die is cut directly by computer-controlled milling/engraving machine. Been there, done that. >>

Just looking at my three HS.

One of them has this about like the photo but a little less pronounced, another less so and one is totally clean without any of this. Don't know whether to send the two w/this in or not? I'd love to know whether any w/this have made SP70.

On another note, I really like The Mint's capsules. Fit perfectly unlike the Ait Tites. >>

Don't worry about getting it graded, sell it as an error. image

ebay linky >>

Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I represent that dig. If you've read this thread carefully -- you will know that Dan Carr suggested a while back that it was possibly an error due to the die production process.

If anyone has something that refutes that, let me know. My listing was mainly to put it out there for exposure of a possible error/variety and see if there was interest.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • alhasalhas Posts: 85 ✭✭
    My order# 375026xx on 5/18/2011 @ 12:24 AM EST.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    order #375024xx 11:48 est. Backordered
  • SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    375026xx
    37476xxx

26,600 orders more or less
  • John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I completely forgot this was coming out today...I think I missed out!

Order Number: 37503**
    Order Date: 05/18/2011 at 02:22 AM est
  • Questions

- Did everyone get "backordered" indicated on their confirmation page?
    - How many are suppose to be made?
    - If they get a lot more people who want them after shipping all of them out, is it possible that they will make more?
    - Any of you have them pre-sold? I saw one person on the BST at $ 360 I believe.

THX

• << <i>I completely forgot this was coming out today...I think I missed out!

Order Number: 37503**
    Order Date: 05/18/2011 at 02:22 AM est >>

No, you'll be fine.
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    - If they get a lot more people who want them after shipping all of them out, is it possible that they will make more?
    - Any of you have them pre-sold? I saw one person on the BST at $ 360 I believe.

'backordered' with an expected shipping date of June 1 was the standard message at confirmation page when first orders went in around noon.

27,000. Same as the Hot Springs collectors edition.

No more to be made regardless of demand. I have heard no credible sources suggesting a 2nd run of these.

$370 was best pre-sale offer I saw on BST. I sold 2 to forum member segoja at that price.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered one and says backordered with 6/2/2011 shipping date

37503xxx

Joe
  • the order count between yours and mine is about 26,000 since i ordered mine (374772XX)
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just ordered one and says backordered with 6/2/2011 shipping date

37503xxx

Joe >>

So if the first one was about 37477000, that's about 26,000 orders. Of course not all being the Yellowstone puck. But, probably not as many duplicates as last time.

Still a good showing, I'd say a couple more days, maybe the weekend, and these will be waitlisted.

• the earliest number i have seen on several forums is 37476*** and thats was on here about page 100 of this thread
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dudes think about what happens to a PO Box order when it can't be delivered. You are gonna owe me for this. >>

I picked up my HS puck yesterday from the UPS service center after they left a note on my door that I missed them. I asked them about delivering to a PO Box.

They told me they will try to find a physical address for the person it is to be delivered to or will send a postcard to the PO Box instructing them to pick it at the service center or to provide a physical address. She said they will not deliver to the Post Office, that it was against UPS's rules.

• << <i>the earliest number i have seen on several forums is 37476*** and thats was on here about page 100 of this thread >>

Just placed order # 37504xxx, so that puts them over 28,000 - got to be close to SO.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-5-oz-HOT-SPRINGS-AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-ERROR-/200607872713?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2eb52936c9#ht_500wt_922

That is what he is talking about. I just saw that this morning. Then, I get to work and pick up my second coin from the front desk and open it - what do ya know? Same thing. I have this "daisy chaining" going on as well.

Any input? >>

here is a great picture of it:

>>

That is what can happen when the milling machine has errors and/or the engraving bit has issues. Remember that these are the only dies produced by the US Mint that are NOT hubbed. Each die is cut directly by computer-controlled milling/engraving machine. Been there, done that. >>

Just looking at my three HS.

One of them has this about like the photo but a little less pronounced, another less so and one is totally clean without any of this. Don't know whether to send the two w/this in or not? I'd love to know whether any w/this have made SP70.

On another note, I really like The Mint's capsules. Fit perfectly unlike the Ait Tites. >>

Don't worry about getting it graded, sell it as an error. image

ebay linky >>

Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I represent that dig. If you've read this thread carefully -- you will know that Dan Carr suggested a while back that it was possibly an error due to the die production process.

If anyone has something that refutes that, let me know. My listing was mainly to put it out there for exposure of a possible error/variety and see if there was interest. >>

I have no issue with your listing, but what is this stuff, I see it in all your listings and it's kinda goofy...:

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

• tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Questions

THX >>

I got a "backordered," for an order placed at 1:10 PM

Called the Mint at 4 PM to ask if that meant I really was "backordered" meaning I, might or might not, get a coin, or have to wait for a reject to be returned first? Was told I get a brand new coin, not a returned one.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of silver's recent plunge...I'm seeing these strong sales as a positive sign for future issues.

Actually, I'm quite surprised that coin #2 might actually sell out faster than coin #1...especially since I'm sure quite a few people didn't attempt to get multiples if they had dupe orders cancelled last time.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    375068xx here, backordered..
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In light of silver's recent plunge...I'm seeing these strong sales as a positive sign for future issues.

Actually, I'm quite surprised that coin #2 might actually sell out faster than coin #1...especially since I'm sure quite a few people didn't attempt to get multiples if they had dupe orders cancelled last time. >>

actually we have a forum member who got 50 orders due to his big network. I wish it was me.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>In light of silver's recent plunge...I'm seeing these strong sales as a positive sign for future issues.

Actually, I'm quite surprised that coin #2 might actually sell out faster than coin #1...especially since I'm sure quite a few people didn't attempt to get multiples if they had dupe orders cancelled last time. >>

I didn't attempt multiple orders this time just because it was a hassle and quite frankly, unless there are errors or something unique about the pucks, I don't think they'll ever carry a HUGE premium. A couple of HS' went fast at like 12:05 the day that was released for a nice premium. But it's steady around $350-$400 and I don't think it will change.

Now, to get some info on these "error" coins for the HS issue, is the question. I'd like to know what's more rare - the "error" or the perfect condition ones.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Now, to get some info on these "error" coins for the HS issue, is the question. I'd like to know what's more rare - the "error" or the perfect condition ones. >>

Forget that...give me a "real" error...like a missing "P" or something equally impressive.

Then I'll really get excited!
    When I first orders, the expected ship date was 6/1/2011. Now, it has slipped to 6/2/2011. Has anyone else experienced this that ordered within the first hour?

My order detail is;

Order number: 37482XXX

Order Date: 05/17/2011 at 12:26 AM

The other funny thing is I always though 12:00 noon was PM. How could 26 minutes after noon be AM? I think the Mint only changed their clock 12 hours when we went to daylight savings time!!

<< <i>Forget that...give me a "real" error...like a missing "P" or something equally impressive.

Then I'll really get excited! >>

Now, wouldn't that be SWEET!!!!!
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I first orders, the expected ship date was 6/1/2011. Now, it has slipped to 6/2/2011. Has anyone else experienced this that ordered within the first hour?

My order detail is;

Order number: 37482XXX

Order Date: 05/17/2011 at 12:26 AM

The other funny thing is I always though 12:00 noon was PM. How could 26 minutes after noon be AM? I think the Mint only changed their clock 12 hours when we went to daylight savings time!! >>

The HS one kept bumping the ship date back.
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    The following order has been cancelled either at your
    request or because we were unable to process it. We invite
    you to resubmit the order via our website at
    http://www.usmint.gov and click on Product Catalog.

Order # : 3748XXXX- 1 Order Date: 5/17/11
    Sold To . : XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shipped To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Item Qty

NP2 1
    2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YELLOWS

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.

Is that the kiss of death due to my dupe order? Is it worth trying again or fuggeddaboutit?

Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Dave "Numismatic News" Harper's take on the ATB Yellowstone "P" first day of sale..

Link

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • well sent one of my Pucks with the "error" to ANACS .... their reply was the following

They say in thier opinion it is "Die Fatigue" they did though grade it at MS69 ... I should have the puck back in a few days and will post a few pics

<< <i>image

Greetings from the United States Mint.
    The following order has been cancelled either at your
    request or because we were unable to process it. We invite
    you to resubmit the order via our website at
    http://www.usmint.gov and click on Product Catalog.

Order # : 3748XXXX- 1 Order Date: 5/17/11
    Sold To . : XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shipped To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Item Qty

NP2 1
    2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YELLOWS

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.

Is that the kiss of death due to my dupe order? Is it worth trying again or fuggeddaboutit? >>

dupe order?

kiss of death.

don't try again.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dave "Numismatic News" Harper's take on the ATB Yellowstone "P" first day of sale..

Link >>

Some perspective. All prices today from same dealer.

2011 ASE BU $41.99 x 5 = $209.95

2011 Libertad BU 5oz = $260.90

2011 ATB BU 5 oz = $220

2010 ATB UNC Yel = $279.95

Seems ok to me.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them. >>

I saw a SP70 on eBay like this. >>

Thanks for the info MsM!

Was it PCGS or NCG? Thanks!! >>

I might be wrong.

I thought this was one:

image >>

Yes, that one looks clean. Any 70's with the metal flow issues in the SPRIN?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Day one sales 18,143

Link
    Forgive me for not paying too much attention, but what is the criteria for the orders that go killed? Different names/addresses/credit cards/diff shipping or billing addresses??? Had a friend ask today and I wasn't sure on how to tell her to get more than 1.

<< <i>

<< <i>
    image >>

Yes, that one looks clean. Any 70's with the metal flow issues in the SPRIN? >>

What's that going on between the letters S-P-R-I-N-G at the top of the letters?

my imagination? odd lighting?

<< <i>Forgive me for not paying too much attention, but what is the criteria for the orders that go killed? Different names/addresses/credit cards/diff shipping or billing addresses??? Had a friend ask today and I wasn't sure on how to tell her to get more than 1. >>

It's 1 per household, and as some have found out 1 per person ordering. You can't just specify a different shipping address and say "I'm buying it for them" and have it count as a different household. The same person is ordering it, and it will get cancelled.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

"Is that the kiss of death due to my dupe order? Is it worth trying again or fuggeddaboutit?"

consider yourself fortunate, I've heard of them cancelling both sides of dupe orders.

(l8-)>>

I actually order two by mistake. The first time I ordered, the website indicated the order was suspended. I waited about a hour and did not receive an email confirming the order. So, I thought maybe I messed up the CC number and ordered again. Same message but now I had two orders, both did not have the cancel box.

So, I called customer service, explained what I did and why, and asked if they could cancel the last order. Because it was suspended, they couldn't cancel it but the CSR made a note why there was two orders and that I requested the later one be cancelled. A few hours later, I checked my account and saw both were still there but now they had the cancel box. So, I cancelled the later order. So far, so good. No nastygram yet!

<< <i>

<< <i>Forgive me for not paying too much attention, but what is the criteria for the orders that go killed? Different names/addresses/credit cards/diff shipping or billing addresses??? Had a friend ask today and I wasn't sure on how to tell her to get more than 1. >>

It's 1 per household, and as some have found out 1 per person ordering. You can't just specify a different shipping address and say "I'm buying it for them" and have it count as a different household. The same person is ordering it, and it will get cancelled. >>

But 1 per address or CC or combo of those 2 or what?

Say if someone had 4 actual mailing addresses, 4 CC's, same name on 2 of the CC's, would that be flagged as 2 orders by name or CC? Or would there need to be 4 of each across the board? Business addresses and 2 diff CC's with the same name...how would that float?

• << <i>

<< <i>

It's 1 per household, and as some have found out 1 per person ordering. You can't just specify a different shipping address and say "I'm buying it for them" and have it count as a different household. The same person is ordering it, and it will get cancelled. >>

Say if someone had 4 actual mailing addresses, 4 CC's, same name on 2 of the CC's, would that be flagged as 2 orders by name or CC? Or would there need to be 4 of each across the board? Business addresses and 2 diff CC's with the same name...how would that float? >>

Different Names ,Different C-cards , Different Address. None can be the same or they seem to get canceled.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the hypothetical order question for one per billing / cc address on the Yellowstone P-puck from the US Mint for $1000, please, Alex.

<< <i>Say if someone had 4 actual mailing addresses, 4 CC's, same name on 2 of the CC's, would that be flagged as 2 orders by name or CC? Or would there need to be 4 of each across the board? Business addresses and 2 diff CC's with the same name...how would that float? >>

Uhhhhhh........buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I don't think the name matters as long as there are different CC # and different addresses, both ship to and CC bill to. I am sure there are more than one John Smith in any given city who may place an order for the same thing. I know of three people who have the same name as me in my area that has a population of around 50,000. I am not sure if either one place an order for the pucks but I would think we would all get them if they did.

Do they allow a business name, say John's Coins and a PO Box?

<< <i>I don't think the name matters as long as there are different CC # and different addresses, both ship to and CC bill to. I am sure there are more than one John Smith in any given city who may place an order for the same thing. I know of three people who have the same name as me in my area that has a population of around 50,000. I am not sure if either one place an order for the pucks but I would think we would all get them if they did.

Do they allow a business name, say John's Coins and a PO Box? >>

Or Mr Smith, CC#1, shipped to addy 1
    Mr Smith, CC#2, shipped to addy 2
    Mrs Smith, CC#3, shipped to addy 3

In that situation, say the billing address was the same for those, what's the scoop? I'd need 3 addresses obviously, but what if 2 of those has the same billing addy for the CCs, that a stopper??

• << <i>375026xx
    37476xxx

26,600 orders more or less >>

So, there were 26,600 or so orders by end of day on the 17th. Ends up that 18,143 ended up being Yellowstone 5 ozers. We'll have to see if that same ratio works out for the next one as well. Then we can more accurately estimate how many have been sold.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> >>

Thanks Cas - HTML code errors. The listing shows perfect on a Mac, but not on a PC.

I just rebuilt it - can someone with a PC tell me if it shows properly now? I can't tell.

edited to add Link
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that situation, say the billing address was the same for those, what's the scoop? I'd need 3 addresses obviously, but what if 2 of those has the same billing addy for the CCs, that a stopper??

Basically, BOTH the credit card billing address AND the actual shipping address must be different to avoid cancellation. If you place an additional order to a different shipping address but it's the same CC billing address, the Mint will cancel your order.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    All orders must have the same billing address and shipping address.
    The 2 must be the same for an order to go through.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Say if someone had 4 actual mailing addresses, 4 CC's, same name on 2 of the CC's, would that be flagged as 2 orders by name or CC? Or would there need to be 4 of each across the board? Business addresses and 2 diff CC's with the same name...how would that float? >>

If you're that worried about beating the system, why not just have 3 friends buy for you and you give them the money? You do have friends, right?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file