Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• << <i>why return it im sure u would have no prob getting ur money from someone on here .....heck send it to me i will give u a full refund ,,, >>

LoL. I just want it replaced without having to spend more money. but I guess the MINT doesn't have any left in inventory to replace them.
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    Put in on the BST with full disclosure.
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>Was on vacation last week and missed a lot of postings.

Has it been set in stone that $279.95 will be the price for ALL 2010 P-pucks?

What about the 2011 P-pucks?

Yes, it has been for the 2010 pucks. No announcements concerning the 2011s.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is still in proces/in stock, ordered w/in the first 45 minutes.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious---what happens if you are away for a week or more when UPS attempts a delivery? How long will they hold your coin until they return it to the mint as undeliverable. I assume they leave you a notification if no one is home.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Guys I'm 15 mintues away from winning this SP70. I can't believe $600 will take it but it looks like it will.

eBay SP70
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Guys I'm 15 mintues away from winning this SP70. I can't believe $600 will take it but it looks like it will.

eBay SP70 >>

IMO... Those NGCs will be alot less soon.

<< <i>Could have waited and gotten it cheaper. >>

That's what I'm thinking too. Honestly, I didn't think a $600 bid would get it and was hoping to get outbid. image

Oh well, it will one to keep for the collection.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was on vacation last week and missed a lot of postings.

Has it been set in stone that $279.95 will be the price for ALL 2010 P-pucks?

What about the 2011 P-pucks? >>

Set in stone?

what is set in stone?

Anyway, go to page one and read the top of the OP where the pricing notice is copied from the Federal Register. That's about as set as it is right now.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's what I'm thinking too. Honestly, I didn't think a $600 bid would get it and was hoping to get outbid. image

Oh well, it will one to keep for the collection. >>

It'll be interesting to see how these do tonight and the coming weeks. The market is flooded... IMO.
    They're doing real well tonight. The raw piece I had delivered to my address had no chance at a 70. 69 at best and maybe even a 68.
  • DuPapaDuPapa Posts: 495 ✭✭

IMO... Those NGCs will be alot less soon.

The PCGS are not doing much better

PCGS SP70 First Strike!! sold $610.00

eBay Link
    That concludes tonights bidding on eBay for Hot Springs SP70 pieces. Prices realized:

2010 P America The Beautiful 5 Oz. Hot Springs SP70 PCGS SP70 FIRST STRIKE
    Seller User ID: ezm1y 19 Bids Sold $667.77+$12.00 shipping

2010-P 5 Oz America Beautiful Hot Springs NGC SP70 ER
    Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 13 Bids Sold $618.88 Free shipping

2010-P 5 Oz America Beautiful Hot Springs PCGS SP70 FS
    Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 16 Bids Sold $623.19 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 15 Bids Sold $605.99 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 7 Bids Sold $610.01 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 22 Bids Sold $557.77 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 11 Bids Sold $610.00 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 14 Bids Sold $600.00 Free shipping

Seller User ID: moderncoinmart 12 Bids Sold $635.99 Free shipping

9 Bids Sold $600.00 Free shipping

2010 P Hot Springs 5oz Silver PCGS SP70 First Strike!!
    20 Bids Sold $610.00 Free shipping
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up 4 Hot Springs SP69 for $320 - $340 off eBay. That's well below dealer cost to buy and slab the coin. I just missed
    on a bunch of the SP70's at $600 and am I glad I did. I'm going to move my bids down to $450 for SP70's and $260 for SP69's.

I guess these are not going to be as hot an item as everyone thought. I bet the next one out takes a lot longer to sell out,
    If it sells out.
    It's interesting looking at the Pop Report for the Hot Springs SP FS. You assume they were cherry-picked prior to submission and right now only 64 of 198 graded made SP70. This will be another interesting coin to see where it ends up.

What's up with the HS SP number being the same as HS MS number though? image

EDIT: I got it now - HS MS pieces are 505100 and HS SP pieces are 505105
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's interesting looking at the Pop Report for the Hot Springs SP FS. You assume they were cherry-picked prior to submission and right now only 64 of 198 graded made SP70. This will be another interesting coin to see where it ends up.

What's up with the HS SP number being the same as HS MS number though? image

EDIT: I got it now - HS MS pieces are 505100 and HS SP pieces are 505105 >>

Those are pretty early numbers.

My last submission took the full 15 days and these HS were sent from the Mint on 5/6, so any 15 day submissions are still getting graded, not to mention the 20 day.

• Pretty sad when the HS is going for less on Ebay then what it costs to slab it + coin cost + original shipping costs + Shipping costs to NGC or PCGS and return shipping ... Might as well not even sell it at that rate unless it is a 70 ..

<< <i>Might as well not even sell it at that rate unless it is a 70 .. >>

Very true and also very typical of moderns that don't grade 70. The bullion pucks are an exception to the rule, there a 69 is the top available grade.

====================================================

My APMEX "D" box of 2010 bullion pieces have all sold on eBay as of tonight. Sales for the 5 pieces grossed me $2,170.89. I'll post a breakdown in the appropriate thread.
  • OUCH ....

2010 P Hot Springs 5oz Silver PCGS BU First Strike!!
    Item condition: Uncirculated
    Ended: May 22, 201117:05:11 PDT
    Bid history:
    12 bids
    Winning bid: US $286.09

At least I sold one of my extras at $366 .. It was ungraded ( which are doing better then graded ones )

LINK
  • I received my hot springs and decided to keep it sealed in the mint box for future resale. The temptation was too much and last night I opened it. I did not realize it was so big! The coin I received looks perfect and does not have any of the imperfections I have read about. I love these pucks and I am hooked now. I just now need to see how many I can afford to own.image
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Yellowstone shipped today finally. 37484xxx
  • SHould have my YS today waiting for me when i get home this afternoon ...
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellowstone arrived 9 am today, ordered 12:16 EST.
    What's next and when?

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developing story: Sending your P puck in for grading can be hazerdous to your wallet unless you are sure its going to get a 70. And who can really be sure of that?

Still a decent market for pucks that remain in the mint's black box.

• << <i>Developing story: Sending your P puck in for grading can be hazerdous to your wallet unless you are sure its going to get a 70. And who can really be sure of that?

Still a decent market for pucks that remain in the mint's black box. >>

Ya sure makes one think twice. On the flip side.....(pun intented).....if you intend to keep it for the long term it sure is nice to have them in the slab. Short term 69's aren't getting a premium but I think they will down the road after the flippers have flipped out image Keepp in mind that the whole mintage hit the streets at onece with the P pucks as apposed to the bullions that leaked into the market over months.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭
    I think the $600 MS 70s range is a fair price for these. If they drop below $600 the better for me, since I will only be collecting the PCGS SP 70s and DMPL 69s. If I self grade my chances of making a 70 are slim for me. Just too much overall costs involved for grading these at over $65(shipping, handling, insurance, etc) per puck. It just easier to buy the 70s.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    The Mint finally took down the Hot Springs "P" sales page, (go to usmint.gov, click on "shop online" in the top bar, click on "America the Beautiful quarters" on the left, click on "America the Beautiful quarters by site", wait, yer not done.. on the next page, click on Hot Springs.. the "P"uck WAS at the top of the list of Hot Springs stuff.. it's gone.. they've finally moved it to the "No longer available" products page at::

This Link

This message was brought to you by me..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Yellowstone arrrived today 10:20 am Central time.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the $600 MS 70s range is a fair price for these. If they drop below $600 the better for me, since I will only be collecting the PCGS SP 70s and DMPL 69s. If I self grade my chances of making a 70 are slim for me. Just too much overall costs involved for grading these at over $65(shipping, handling, insurance, etc) per puck. It just easier to buy the 70s. >>

Unless I missed something none of the P pucks have got a DMPL grade yet.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Unless i am mistaken he is collectiong one of the "P" and one of the Bullion .....

<< <i>
    Unless I missed something none of the P pucks have got a DMPL grade yet. >>

And none of them ever will, since they have a Matte finish, and get the "SP" designation.. only the Bullions with the brilliant finish qualify for "PL" or "DMPL" designations, if they deserve it..

Since people don't like absolutes, I suppose I should qualify that by saying "unless the folks who make the labels really screw up, none of them ever will"..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Ok i recieved the one i sent ANACS today .... (Only sent them 1 the others are with PCGS )

MS-69 ... (Cert# 04476879 ) Now why MS and not SP ????? ( Not like that makes a whole lot of difference )
  • I got my yellowstone today and the coin made me laugh when I opened it. The coin is flawless except for 1 tiny thing that's placed in such a spot that it looked funny.

I think the Vapor Blasting occasionally leaves little hole looking things on the coins since one of my Hot Springs has a few of them. On my yellowstone there is one that is ever so small and slight right on GW's Nose. It looks like a bugger on his nose. LOL.

<< <i>Ok i recieved the one i sent ANACS today .... (Only sent them 1 the others are with PCGS )

MS-69 ... (Cert# 04476879 ) Now why MS and not SP ????? ( Not like that makes a whole lot of difference ) >>

I couldn't find any on eBay, so I logged into TeleTrade, and did a search going back 3000 days, for all 1998-S Silver Kennedy Halves from the RFK / JFK set, (Mintage, 50,000 sets, if I recall correctly).. which have a Matte finish, and everyone else, well at least PCGS and NGC, gives the Kennedy Half from that set an "SP" designation.. I narrowed the search down to only ANACS examples, and they ALL have the "MS" designation..

If you have a TeleTrade account, log in, click the link below, and you'll be able to see all these listings going back seven years..

Link

If you don't have a TeleTrade account, you can only search back sixty days.. and in that case, you'll get no results, because the last time TeleTrade auctioned a 1998-S Silver Kennedy with the Matte finish from the RFK / JFK set in an ANACS slab, was in 2009..

So, apparently, ANACS doesn't use the "SP" designation at all..

Ignore this.. senior moment.. image
  • HAHAHA lol .. all good
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    So who else got their Yellowstone today? Got pics of what the coin looks in hand. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • anyone know from one of the mint reps just how many coins were sold by now for the P Yellowstones?
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, with what is happening with the graded HS coins, anyone going to send their Jellystone coin in for grading? If I do, I may asked for the Fred Flintstone label rather than 1st strike.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anybody making a nice box to hold a group of the P-pucks in the original capsules?
    Since there will be 56 in the set, you could have four boxes that hold 14 each, or eight boxes that hold 7 each, or twelve boxes that hold five each by year with the one left over at the end.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Can you imagine the size of the frame for all 56 .... It would be hanging a 20 pound picture on the wall ..

You have to say though it would look simply AWESOME
  • Here is a pic detail of my HS scratch above the "A" and also there is something going on around rim.....what is it??

MT
    What's happening around the rim is known as "Magic Pixie Dust".. send it off to the new DCGS (Disney Coin Grading Service), and they'll encapsulate it with a delightful Tinkerbell label..

how do you like those gargantuan spikes the bison is wearing?

into metal or punk? whaddaya think?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Well i have to say they went into some detail on these Buffalos ... just had mine under a 10x 20x and 40x .... unless i am mistaken you can even see the Rocky mountain oysters under there
    the rim just looks like it received the same treatment the rest of the coin has.

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well i have to say they went into some detail on these Buffalos ... just had mine under a 10x 20x and 40x .... unless i am mistaken you can even see the Rocky mountain oysters under there >>

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwww!!!!

YUCK-A-PUCK

I think that best left a secret un-revealed image

"That's a well struck coin, you can see the b*lls on that bull."
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I dont see it ...got a close up? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I received my Yellowstone today.
    A nice coin but it does have a few of the micro sandblasting holes in it.
    Definitely not a 70.
    Newbie question....what does SP stand for in the PCGS grading for these?
    Thanks.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    SP = specimen

a special strike other than a proof strike or circulation strike

from our host's grades page:
    Specimen (SP) – struck well like a Proof, but with a satiny, sometimes matte, semi-granular looking

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file