Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

People are still buying them so why would they not charge that for them.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets see, mine went from a 6/1 ship date, to a 6/2 date yesterday, to a 6/3 ship date this morning, to in stock and reserved - order in process. Will the cancel box be gone by the end of the day? Hum???? >>

My CC has already been charged.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • My order shows shipped 5/20/2011image
  • Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    Same here, my order shows shipped on 5/20/11.

<< <i>

<< <i>Realistically, they should've lowered the price of the Yellowstone "P"uck, since Silver was in the neighborhood of $34.00 when it went on sale, whereas Silver was over $48.00 when the Hot Springs "P" went on sale, and yet, for whatever reason / excuse they used, they kept it at the same $279.95 price.. giving them a HUGE profit on each coin sold, as the article to which I linked detailed.. >>

Yeah, about 65% profit over melt, at least according to today's "Coin Update" email:

"The strong initial sales for the Yellowstone release shows that most collectors were not deterred by the relatively higher premium based on current precious metals prices. When the prior issue went on sale, silver was trading around $48 per ounce. At the time, the product price of $279.95 represented a premium of approximately 20% above metal value. At the time of yesterday’s release, silver was around $34 per ounce, meaning the premium was about 65% above metal value."

Can anyone say GREED? image >>

Why do you all keep ragging on this when it has already been determined that the Mint established the same fixed price for all 5 of the 2010 "collector" pucks. None of the other "commemorative" silver dollars are priced to float with silver spot so why do you expect that these will be any different?

Here is a name of someone who can do something about the problem.

SUMMARY: The United States Mint is announcing the price of the 2010
    America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated
    CoinsTM.
    In accordance with 31 U.S.C. 5112(u) & 9701(b), the United States
    Mint 2010 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated
    CoinsTM will be priced at $279.95.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: B.B. Craig, Associate Director for
    Sales and Marketing; United States Mint; 801 9th Street, NW.;
    Washington, DC 20220; or call 202-354-7500.

Authority: 31 U.S.C. 5111, 5112, & 9701.

Dated: April 11, 2011.
    Richard A. Peterson,
    Acting Director, United States Mint.
    FR Doc. 2011-9246 Filed 4-15-11; 8:45 am
    BILLING CODE 4810-02-P
    theknowitalltroll;
  • ALRIGHTY THEN !!!!

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status

2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YELLOWSTONE 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 05/20/2011

Should be seeing this Monday...
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's just in process so far today.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Yup, same here. Will see what happens later today.
  • Mine shows shipped this morning. My coworker is in process and moms is still on hold.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

They sure must have had a lot of cancellations for those HS pucks to make them ship these so fast. As far as the price goes, the only way it'll get lowered is if people stop ordering them. It's called supply and demand. We all were spoiled with the 2010 bullions. If the Mint hadn't stepped in, $279.95 is the price we'd have been paying all along. Do you really want to see price controls again? Can't have it both ways. I'd rather let the "free" market decide price points.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Shipped 5/20/2011.
  • Don't know if this has been asked

I have 2 unopened boxes of the 2010 p hot springs one has a 2x3 inch sticker that says under name and address P. YELLOWs: TR
    other is red ink stamped the same. both shipped on 5/6/11.

Looked at a few on ebay and one pic says mt hood on that sticker.

Is this just mint screwups on stickers and stamps or has anyone got anything BUT hot springs in their boxes or the just the released np2s yellowstones????
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    People.

The price of silver WAS in the $30's when the Mint set the price for the HS.

The Mint DIDN"T raise the price of the coin when silver went to $48.

Now Silver is BACK to where it was when they set the original price.

IF silver was still at $48, you can bet these pucks would be more expensive.

I think the confusion is that the price of silver went up so much between the time they set the price, for the HS, and the time it went on sale.

• << <i>People.

I think the confusion is that the price of silver went up so much between the time they set the price, for the HS, and the time it went on sale. >>

I believe the Mint set the price on April 12th, when the POS was around $40.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does UPS Next day air get del'd on Saturdays???? Will we have our new Jellystone pucks tomorrow??? I am not that familiar with UPS delivery....
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Does UPS Next day air get del'd on Saturdays???? Will we have our new Jellystone pucks tomorrow??? I am not that familiar with UPS delivery.... >>

image unless the shipper pays about $15.00 extra for UPS Saturday delivery..

Don't you have a UPS Tracking number beginning with "1Zxxxxxxxxxxxx"?.. If so, go to ups.com and Track it..

If it was shipped today for "Next Business Day" delivery, it'll be delivered on Monday.. by 1030am, your local time..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

<< <i>They sure must have had a lot of cancellations for those HS pucks to make them ship these so fast. As far as the price goes, the only way it'll get lowered is if people stop ordering them. It's called supply and demand. We all were spoiled with the 2010 bullions. If the Mint hadn't stepped in, $279.95 is the price we'd have been paying all along. Do you really want to see price controls again? Can't have it both ways. I'd rather let the "free" market decide price points. >>

Maybe they have fewer orders for non-puck Mint products so they are able to get to these a little sooner.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipped 5/20/2011 UPS

• nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Here comes Yosemite...
    From Mint News Blog
    Some readers have reported that the US Mint's phone representatives provided a release date of June 7, 2011 for the next numismatic release featuring Yosemite National Park. I have not been able to confirm this date yet, but phone representatives had previously provided an accurate release date for the Yellowstone coin, before the US Mint's official announcement.
    - Aron
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    thats why they are rushing these out the door. a release every 2 weeks would overburden shipping if one is delayed

(l8-)>>

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>People.

I think the confusion is that the price of silver went up so much between the time they set the price, for the HS, and the time it went on sale. >>

I believe the Mint set the price on April 12th, when the POS was around $40. >>

Yep, you're right.

When they were priced, on April 12, silver was $41.

When HS went on sale silver was $49.

Silver at $35 should warrent a price decrease, based just on the prices of silver, a decrease of about $25.

OK, I'm on board, we should complain. image

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine shows shipped on 5/20/2011 as well.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lets see, mine went from a 6/1 ship date, to a 6/2 date yesterday, to a 6/3 ship date this morning, to in stock and reserved - order in process. Will the cancel box be gone by the end of the day? Hum???? >>

Well, the box is gone now. Interesting chain of events - slip, slip, holding, boom! Next will be the tracking number. Has anyone received one yet? >>

Well, my CC got charged today but still no tracking number. Me think the dude inputing the tracking into the system keyboards about as fast as I do. SLOWWWWWWWWW!

• Location Date Local Time Activity

Indianapolis, IN, United States 05/20/2011 11:03 P.M. Departure Scan
    05/20/2011 8:10 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 05/20/2011 3:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 05/23/2011, by 10:30 A.M.

Last Location:
    Departed - Cedar Rapids, IA, United States, Saturday, 05/21/2011

Signature Required
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Order number:37482XXX

Order Date:05/17/2011 at 12:26 AM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

I'm still waiting for a tracking number for my order. "In stock and reserved", cancel box gone. I'm guessing I'll get it sometime on Monday.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Out for monday delivery ordered first day 12:15
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Any quess if we will have another sell out and when?
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes on the sell out, but I don't know when.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Scheduled Delivery:
    Monday, 05/23/2011, by 10:30 A.M.
    Last Location:
    Arrived - Ontario, CA, United States, Saturday, 05/21/2011

Guess i will walk this one over to PCGS this coming Friday

<< <i>Hot Springs now shows SOLD OUT >>

The "Sold Out" sign went up on Hot Spring's front lawn two or threee days ago.. scroll back image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."

• Someone just flashed me this auction for a Hot Springs PCGS SP70. Maybe it's been mentioned here before?

I have always thought that Hot Springs NP was synonymous with Franklin Roosevelt, no?

Hot Springs SP70 - Roosevelt Label
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    It was Theodore. I believe he is credited for the National Park system around 1921. It was Andrew Jackson who "reserved" the land in Hot Springs some 40 years earlier.
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone just flashed me this auction for a Hot Springs PCGS SP70. Maybe it's been mentioned here before?

I have always thought that Hot Springs NP was synonymous with Franklin Roosevelt, no?

Hot Springs SP70 - Roosevelt Label >>

I don't see the SPRINGS wave, but I can see rim dings and weakness at the bottom of the T and E...and they're still getting SP70?
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Whats the story with the Roosevelt label? I thought theres only the FS label now its Roosevelt too? Someone pls. enlighten me? Thx.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>Whats the story with the Roosevelt label? I thought theres only the FS label now its Roosevelt too? Someone pls. enlighten me? Thx. >>

Just took the words out of my mouth ....

<< <i>Someone just flashed me this auction for a Hot Springs PCGS SP70. Maybe it's been mentioned here before?

Hot Springs SP70 - Roosevelt Label >>

That was I believe Warm Springs, Georgia
    theknowitalltroll;
    Is Yellowstone a sellout yet?
    theknowitalltroll;

• Well, I know Teddy was responsible for the National Parks and that Franklin often visited Warm Springs, Maybe I just have my Springs confused? It wouldn't be the first time.image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I don't know of any significant association of TR and HS, Ark. Must be homage to TR for the starting the national parks? Yellowstone was the first national park, I do know that. Maybe it's a one size fits all label for 2010 p pucks?

Then again, it looks like First Strike marketing to me. Do you gotta pay extra bucks for that TR label?

<< <i>Wow. I don't know of any significant association of TR and HS, Ark. Must be homage to TR for the starting the national parks? Yellowstone was the first national park, I do know that. Maybe it's a one size fits all label for 2010 p pucks?

Then again, it looks like First Strike marketing to me. Do you gotta pay extra bucks for that TR label? >>

They'd probably put a Three Stooges label on it, if you paid them to do it..

As far as Yellowstone being the first national park.. it's kind of confusing.. or not.. depends on how you look at it..

Wikipedia Yellowstone Link

"On March 1, 1872, President Ulysses S. Grant signed The Act of Dedication law that created Yellowstone National Park.".. and that was almost thirty years before TR, who didn't become President until uhh.. 1901, I think, when McKinley was assassinated (TR was his VP)..

And Hot Springs..

Wikipedia Hot Springs Link

"Established from Hot Springs Reservation, Hot Springs National Park is a United States National Park in central Arkansas adjacent to the city of Hot Springs. Hot Springs Reservation was initially created by an act of the United States Congress on April 20, 1832, and the area was made a national park on March 4, 1921."..

This begs the question as to why Yellowstone is (NP2), and Hot Springs is (NP1).. maybe it's because "Hot Springs Reservation", was given that name forty years before Yellowstone became a National Park, but Hot Springs Reservation turned into Hot Springs National Park fifty years after Yellowstone was given the honors.. that's why the HS coin was released as the first of the series, instead of Yellowstone..

Someone made the decision as to which got to be NP1.. ask them image

A few former National Parks were un-National Parked, for various reasons..

Disbanded National Parks
  • UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    Any recent sales figures on YellowP? Wonder if it will go the path of Hottie - quick 25K units then D R A G out the last few
  • Ok. So since the Hot Springs coins are sold out... how is the mint handling defective coins that people are returning? Do they keep a reserve to replace them? Do they just give you a refund? I'd like to know because one of my P Pucks has some issues and I want the mint to replace it. lol.
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    If you get it returned in the time allowed, you'll probably get your money back.
    On the packing slip that came with the coin should be a peel-off, return address label, with a number of checkboxes with various reasons as to why you're returning it.. "defective", "wrong product received", "changed my mind".. and a couple of others.. but there's a return deadline.. it used to be 30 days.. I think they changed it to a week after receipt.. I have mine put away, so I can't get to the packing slip easily.. and I'm keeping it anyway..

Considering its "Sold Out" status, at this point, my hunch would be there is no more waiting list, since the ability to even order one, and get ON the waiting list has gone away, and rather than replacing it, which would probably be with someone else's returned coin.. all you'll get is a refund, but you can always call them and ask.. then, if you still want a raw one, you'll have to resort to buying on eBay or from a dealer.. and unless I'm totally wrong, getting a clean, defect-free replacement for $279.95 or less would probably be impossible, unless someone knows of a reliable source that's selling the HS"P"s for below issue price..

By the way.. what's wrong with your coin that causes you to want to return it?..

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bad thing is they are clueless.

if you call and ask you'll probably get a wrong answer.

I have some stuff that is still showing "backordered" while the product is sold out.

I asked a CSR if they are just going to close that out, and the CSR said that maybe they had some on reserve for just such an occaision.

This was a couple of weeks ago. Sill on "backorder." Ship date keeps moving. Product Still Sold Out.

My guess: you'll get a credit but no replacement product.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was on vacation last week and missed a lot of postings.

Has it been set in stone that $279.95 will be the price for ALL 2010 P-pucks?

What about the 2011 P-pucks?

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>On the packing slip that came with the coin should be a peel-off, return address label, with a number of checkboxes with various reasons as to why you're returning it.. "defective", "wrong product received", "changed my mind".. and a couple of others.. but there's a return deadline.. it used to be 30 days.. I think they changed it to a week after receipt.. I have mine put away, so I can't get to the packing slip easily.. and I'm keeping it anyway..

Considering its "Sold Out" status, at this point, my hunch would be there is no more waiting list, since the ability to even order one, and get ON the waiting list has gone away, and rather than replacing it, which would probably be with someone else's returned coin.. all you'll get is a refund, but you can always call them and ask.. then, if you still want a raw one, you'll have to resort to buying on eBay or from a dealer.. and unless I'm totally wrong, getting a clean, defect-free replacement for $279.95 or less would probably be impossible, unless someone knows of a reliable source that's selling the HS"P"s for below issue price..

By the way.. what's wrong with your coin that causes you to want to return it?.. >>

One of my coins has what looks like tiny holes in it. I'm assuming it was a defect that resulted from the vapor blasting since none of my bullion coins have them. Also, that same coin has a very weak strike under washington's portrait where it says "Quarter Dollar". Looks like it starts to weaken at the "TER DO" I'm guessing the die was getting pretty worn. image
  • why return it im sure u would have no prob getting ur money from someone on here .....heck send it to me i will give u a full refund ,,,
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file