Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I got a e-mail from the mint saying "a limit of one coin per household is in effect for at least the first week." Does that mean there's a possibility that buyers could get another one if they don't sell out in one week? The Hot Springs took longer than one week to sell out didn't it?
  • Got Mine

Order number: 374947xx

Order Date: 05/17/2011 at 04:35 PM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Dudes think about what happens to a PO Box order when it can't be delivered. You are gonna owe me for this. >>

It gets returned. What am I missing?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Sorry if this has been asked before but I got a e-mail from the mint saying "a limit of one coin per household is in effect for at least the first week." Does that mean there's a possibility that buyers could get another one if they don't sell out in one week? The Hot Springs took longer than one week to sell out didn't it? >>

The Hot Springs "P" took eight days from the start of sales on 28 April, 2011, before the "waiting list" verbiage went onto its sales page, indicating they sold all 27,000, and, although they could still be ordered, the order would go on a waiting list, and be fulfilled, most likely, with someone else's returned coin, or if someone who ordered cancelled their order on porpoise..

I don't believe they ever removed the one per household limit between the time ordering opened, and the time the waiting list screed appeared..

They still haven't moved the Hot Springs "P" to the "No Longer Available / Sold Out" page.. but for all intents and purposes, they ARE sold out.. at the Mint.. of course, you can buy as many as you want on eBay, or from dealers.. but doubtful you'll be able to find any out there for less than $279.95 plus shipping, despite Silver's tumble from over $48.00 an ounce when they went on sale.. to just under $34.00 an ounce (as I type this)..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..

• << <i>

<< <i>Dudes think about what happens to a PO Box order when it can't be delivered. You are gonna owe me for this. >>

It gets returned. What am I missing? >>

LOL. You think thats what happens? You are guessing right?
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOL. You think thats what happens? You are guessing right? >>

That would be my guess as well.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was debating whether to order a Yellowstone P puck, but decided to go ahead with it. I really like the finish on the HS I received. My order at 4:30 p.m. EST was 37494XXX, about 18,000 greater than the first one reported here. The question is: how many of those orders were for items other than the Yellowstone? This is a more popular park than HS, so I think it will sell out faster.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how slow was it at noon, and did the system crash again?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭
    xxxxx.........4:45..........Got Mint e-mail these were for sale,so ordered one. May cancel unless looks like worth the bother.
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    37495xxx at 5:00 sharp.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order @ 12:07 est - 374770xx. One of the first ones I'm guessing, was slow but went through pretty quickly. Nothing like the HS puck 1st few hours on the website. I am guessing demand is way down!!
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Order @ 12:07 est - 374770xx. One of the first ones I'm guessing, was slow but went through pretty quickly. Nothing like the HS puck 1st few hours on the website. I am guessing demand is way down!! >>

That's over 20000 orders the mint has taken today. How many are for the pucks is anybody's guess.
  • So if I order and ship to another address it will get canceled?

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-5-oz-HOT-SPRINGS-AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-ERROR-/200607872713?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2eb52936c9#ht_500wt_922

That is what he is talking about. I just saw that this morning. Then, I get to work and pick up my second coin from the front desk and open it - what do ya know? Same thing. I have this "daisy chaining" going on as well.

Any input? >>

here is a great picture of it:

image >>

That is what can happen when the milling machine has errors and/or the engraving bit has issues. Remember that these are the only dies produced by the US Mint that are NOT hubbed. Each die is cut directly by computer-controlled milling/engraving machine. Been there, done that. >>

Just looking at my three HS.

One of them has this about like the photo but a little less pronounced, another less so and one is totally clean without any of this. Don't know whether to send the two w/this in or not? I'd love to know whether any w/this have made SP70.

On another note, I really like The Mint's capsules. Fit perfectly unlike the Ait Tites. >>

Don't worry about getting it graded, sell it as an error. image

ebay linky
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So if I order and ship to another address it will get canceled? >>

You can order with different cr cd and different address.
  • pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    37496xxx at 2:20 PST
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    so, roughly 19k +/- ?

<< <i>So if I order and ship to another address it will get canceled? >>

yes.

address and CC info have to be different. It cannot be just a different ship to address. (BTW, this has recently been reaffirmed by someone on this thread with some Hot Springs Numispuck orders that got cancelled. You can't "buy them for someone else.")
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Anybody else selling theirs to CoinFame? I was only going for one Yellowstone-P but after seeing this $370 offer I decided to pick up an extra to sell.

CoinFame BST Offer

Selling one for $370 will knock the price of the one I'm keeping down to a palatable level of $210. image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I order and ship to another address it will get canceled?

Yes. I ordered three last time, all to different shipping addresses (one was even in another state) but if the billing address is the same they will cancel your order within 24-48 hours.

Edit to add: I did get my first order fulfilled at least.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>so, roughly 19k +/- ? >>

Some of these may be for other mint products but I would guess most are for the Yellowstone 5 oz silver coin. It looks like there will be a fairly quick sell out with only 27,000 being sold.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Does NP2 stand for Numismatic Puck the Second? image
  • st0ckyst0cky Posts: 67 ✭✭

<< <i>Does NP2 stand for Numismatic Puck the Second? image >>

Just my guess but I think NP stands for National Park, followed by the series number.
  • MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

That would be my guess as well. >>

So...all the stuff that I pick up at my PO Box that I THOUGHT was from the US Mint was actually Chinese forgeries??
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if you have a PO Box, the distribution center will ship by USPS. Otherwise, if you have a physical address, they will ship either way. I know UPS will not deliver to a PO Box though our UPS store has PO boxes. Hum, this is getting interesting.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

OK, so inform us. What happens to a PO Box order when it can't be delivered? I've never had any problem, but not sure what you are even referring to... so please share the knowledge.
    ----- kj
  • I ordered but decided to ship to myself at my work address (different then billing) .... they will cancel that???
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I've had a PO Box for the last 24 years. I'd love to hear what is so bad about it.

Some vendors have computers that send via UPS to a PO Box. The Mint is not one of those vendors.

<< <i>I've had a PO Box for the last 24 years. I'd love to hear what is so bad about it.

Some vendors have computers that send via UPS to a PO Box. The Mint is not one of those vendors. >>

Up until a year or so ago, the Mint always shipped by US Mail. Now, it is my understanding both UPS and Fedx will not deliver a USPS PO Box. Has anyone ever had a UPS delivery to the USPS PO Box?

<< <i>I ordered but decided to ship to myself at my work address (different then billing) .... they will cancel that??? >>

If that is the only order, then no, they will ship it. However, if you try to order a second one, using the same billing address, then they will cancel it.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>I ordered but decided to ship to myself at my work address (different then billing) .... they will cancel that??? >>

Yes, billing and shipping address has to be the same or they cancel the order.

Edited to add: I had this happen to me with the Marine coins a few years back and nothing has changed.
    USAF vet 1951-59

<< <i>

<< <i> ........ Up until a year or so ago, the Mint always shipped by US Mail. Now, it is my understanding both UPS and Fedx will not deliver a USPS PO Box. Has anyone ever had a UPS delivery to the USPS PO Box? >>

I have. UPS has my street address on file. The package gets diverted from my PO Box to my home.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
    Puck me before I puck again! Also blew Avatar day- 5min ago 3749xxx didn't do 12p fun this time!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ........ Up until a year or so ago, the Mint always shipped by US Mail. Now, it is my understanding both UPS and Fedx will not deliver a USPS PO Box. Has anyone ever had a UPS delivery to the USPS PO Box? >>

I have. UPS has my street address on file. The package gets diverted from my PO Box to my home. >>

Actually, that is different. The packages was not delivered to the Post Office, it was deverted by UPS to your home address before it was delivered to the Post Office. But, that may be a way around the order limits if it is worth renting a PO Box for coin purchases. image
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20,600 orders between my order at 12:05 Eastern and my friend's at 6:37. I know they're all not Jellystones, but I'll bet a big hunk of them are...
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    For the HS P-puck, my order went to our PO Box. I bought some prexy dollars to bring the total over $300. My wife's order (different email address, different credit card, but used our street address. Her HS was delivered by FEDEX overnight and her order was just for the puck. Go figure. I was able to order for the two of us again this time for the Ystone, got email confirms shortly afterwards.

We don't have a mail box on the street and use the PO Box for our mail, the street address for UPS deliveries.

BTW, UPS has a contract with the USPS and will deliver packages to the post office and then the customer gets a slip to pick up at the P.O.
    I've received packages (not Mint) that way and asked the postal clerk about it and she confirmed.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Has anyone ever had a UPS delivery to the USPS PO Box?

I wish! It's a 63 mile roundtrip for me when some @#$! computer sends my package via UPS.

In my experience, UPS sends a notification card to the PO Box, indicating that they have a package that they cannot deliver.
  • MCM Just posted their SP70 .. will be fun to watch and see how theirs does compared to the last one

MCM sp70

• << <i>I think the design is atrociously cartoonish.. >>

While I wouldn't go that far, I do have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Yellowstone design. Still had to get one anyway because of the park's historical significance.

If I had to rate the 2010 coins on appearance it would be...

Yosemite............. A
    Grand Canyon..... A-
    Mount Hood........ B
    Yellowstone......... C
    Hot Springs......... F
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Possibly SP70 will not be so common for P-pucks. Just got results for 2 of mine - both SP69 image

So out of 4 I've got - one returned back to the Mint as it was scratched, 2 best-looking ones got SP69'ed

The last one that was least apealling to me is on the way to PCGS with the slim chnaces of getting 70....

So for very small sample set that I've got the chance of getting 70 is 0/4 ........

Nothing to brag about ;( >>

That may answer my question regarding how they take into account the metal flow stuff (for lack of a better term) that I asked about. Only one of my three is totally clean.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-5-oz-HOT-SPRINGS-AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-ERROR-/200607872713?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2eb52936c9#ht_500wt_922

That is what he is talking about. I just saw that this morning. Then, I get to work and pick up my second coin from the front desk and open it - what do ya know? Same thing. I have this "daisy chaining" going on as well.

Any input? >>

here is a great picture of it:

image >>

That is what can happen when the milling machine has errors and/or the engraving bit has issues. Remember that these are the only dies produced by the US Mint that are NOT hubbed. Each die is cut directly by computer-controlled milling/engraving machine. Been there, done that. >>

Just looking at my three HS.

One of them has this about like the photo but a little less pronounced, another less so and one is totally clean without any of this. Don't know whether to send the two w/this in or not? I'd love to know whether any w/this have made SP70.

On another note, I really like The Mint's capsules. Fit perfectly unlike the Ait Tites. >>

Don't worry about getting it graded, sell it as an error. image

ebay linky >>

Unreal!! Buyer beware!!!

<< <i>20,600 orders between my order at 12:05 Eastern and my friend's at 6:37. I know they're all not Jellystones, but I'll bet a big hunk of them are... >>

So hard to figure. Per the US Mint about 20K of the HS sold in the first 12 hours, but no backorder status for 8 or so days.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    How many were bought so far image Any updates of the sales figure?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> image

Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them.
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Just got my order in....order # 375014xx, 10:20pm EST.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • i guess the question the question on this ERROR version is are or will PCGS ANACS or NGC recognize them as such ,, and then how many were actually produced is going to affect what value gets placed on them

<< <i>

<< <i> Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them. >>

I saw a SP70 on eBay like this.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> Unreal!! Buyer beware!!! >>

I got a few of these, I doubt they will get graded 70. I didn't think of the "error" spin to sell them. >>

I saw a SP70 on eBay like this. >>

Thanks for the info MsM!

Was it PCGS or NCG? Thanks!!
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    The MCM SP70 appears to have rim dings...guess they don't effect the grade?
  • sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got my order in....order # 375014xx, 10:20pm EST. >>

Looks like 20K + sales thus far ???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file