Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Nothing
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh: 37484xxx

This one hurt a bit pulling the trigger with that premium.
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    9:28

#3748xxxx
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<What does it mean: Order Status : Suspended? >>

At the moment, I'm also showing that status on my primary account...and since I didn't play any games, I'm assuming it will process eventually.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Got 2 very easily

37480xxx
    37483xxx

• << <i>smooth as compared to previous HS experience. >>

Agreed. Butta.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    first order number is around 37477000.

So we need 37487*** for 10,000 orders.

Things are moving nicely, I think it's the computer working better. The demand is still there.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    5K orders miscalculated from my first order to las order. It was a difference of about 5k.
  • I'm not really sure that counting order numbers worked so well for the HS.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep in mind that mint order numbers include all sales for the day, not just ole yeller.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    37485 at 12:40
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Won't we all be surprised when we discover that the 50 odd guys on this board ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE COLLECTING THESE THINGS!

• << <i>Won't we all be surprised when we discover that the 50 odd guys on this board ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE COLLECTING THESE THINGS!

image >>

Nope. There are 20 over on another site also. image
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    37487XXX

JUST NOW 1:15

Joe
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, do these pucks stay on sale until gone or at some point are the pulled (though I assume if once the limit is lifted, someone will suck them all up)?

• << <i>Got my first at 12:08

# 374772XX >>

Second @ 12:41 37485XXX

Much easier then the HS order ... Much faster all the way around

Thank you, we have received your order. Please do not
    disclose your order receipt number. If for any reason your
    order cannot be processed, we reserve the right to cancel.
    Inventory may not be available to fill orders placed under a
    "wait list" notice. Orders placed before the published on-
    sale time will not be accepted. Orders containing several
    items may be filled in multiple shipments. Registered users
    may track their order at www.usmint/catalog. Guest users
    with order inquiries should call 1-800-USA-MINT. To update
    credit card information, call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).

Order #: 37477XXX - 1 Order date: 5/17/11

Sold To: XXXXXXXXX

Ship To: XXXXXXX

Order Process Date: 5/17/11

Merchandise : 279.95
    Freight . . . : 4.95
    Total . . : 284.90

1. 2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YELLOWSTONE (NP2)
    Qty 1 @ $279.95 - Backordered 06/01/11.

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
  • Is it me or are these selling kinda fast
    <<Is it me or are these selling kinda fast >>

So what's the latest guess-timate on the number sold so far?
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    for those who might pass on these, this just ended:

2010 5 Oz. America The Beautiful Hot Springs PCGS SP70
    Item condition: Uncirculated
    Ended: May 17, 201110:34:16 PDT
    Winning bid:

US $1,101.99 [ 26 bids ]

Shipping:
    $10.00 Standard Shipping

NOT MINE!

(l8-)>>

• from 12:20 to 1:20 , 9,228 sales were made ...
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>for those who might pass on these, this just ended:

Winning bid:

US $1,101.99 [ 26 bids ]

Shipping:
    $10.00 Standard Shipping >>

Guess that $50 for Express Service really paid off.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭
    I got 5 so far. shooting for 100. image
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<What does it mean: Order Status : Suspended? >>

At the moment, I'm also showing that status on my primary account...and since I didn't play any games, I'm assuming it will process eventually. >>

My order showed "suspended" but now 90 minutes later it shows "on hold"

6/1/11 ship date seems long compared to HS. Hopefully that dates comes forward and shipping will be overnight again.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>for those who might pass on these, this just ended:

Winning bid:

US $1,101.99 [ 26 bids ]

Shipping:
    $10.00 Standard Shipping >>

Guess that $50 for Express Service really paid off. >>

I guess that's the answer as to whether to grade these or not. Of course, by the time that most of the graded ones come back the prices will likely be waaaaaay down.

What percentage are getting 70?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    It was exactly one week ago yesterday, at this time.. well.. make that half an hour ago.. that I was sitting exactly where I'm sitting, knees locked together (you figure out why).. when UPS knocked on my door and handed me a box with a beautiful, ginormous coin in it..

Silver's at $33.50 as I type this.. I'll sit this one out.. if the Mint had lowered Pyellowstone's price a hundred bucks, I might've ordered one.. but (and I may be the only one here who holds this opinion).. I think the design is atrociously cartoonish.. besides, I can't afford it, and I already mailed in two order forms to Vatican City's UFN, and the refrigerator's lookin' kinda empty..

If the Mint's site seems faster, it's not because they "fixed" it.. they've already said fixing it is on their to-do list for mid-2012..

I think Pyellowstone will be available for a while.. just my opinion.. I could be wrong.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was a VERY generous SP70...
    Order number 37489xxx a few minutes ago. My father ordered about 5 minutes after me, 160 orders in about 5 minutes.

I can't help that feeling that these will end up being amongst the highest mintages of the bunch, much like Martha Wash. I think that, unlike the bullion version, we will see much lower mintages of the P pucks than the first five. I think that the smart money sells these fast, just like Martha.

You won't get an argument from this guy.

Link

~ Vince Lombardi
    Indeed, the first few SP70s will bring great money. I have a feeling that in a few months the SP70s will be waaaaaay lower. That said, I got three of the Yellowstones.....
    Does anyone who's had the HS graded know whether that issue in the metal which was previoulsy discussed with photos near the ""SPRIN" in SPRINGS will prevent a coin from getting an SP70 grade??

• << <i>Order number 37489xxx a few minutes ago. My father ordered about 5 minutes after me, 160 orders in about 5 minutes.

I can't help that feeling that these will end up being amongst the highest mintages of the bunch, much like Martha Wash. I think that, unlike the bullion version, we will see much lower mintages of the P pucks than the first five. I think that the smart money sells these fast, just like Martha. >>

I don't understand the logic that says the Mint would lower the mintage on a product that sells out in 2-4 weeks....

They have items that don't sellout in a year and mint many hundreds of thousands of those....the fact that they actually oversold the 1st P puck in 2 weeks means the demand is higher than the coins available which would make me think they would produce more....especially if they reset the price on the 2011's to reflect the drop in spot silver.

Present demand is muted by the spot premium.....
  • ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>keep in mind that mint order numbers include all sales for the day, not just ole yeller. >>

True, but if your going on to order a proof set, are you going to wait 20 minutes to log in?

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-P-5-oz-HOT-SPRINGS-AMERICA-BEAUTIFUL-ERROR-/200607872713?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item2eb52936c9#ht_500wt_922

That is what he is talking about. I just saw that this morning. Then, I get to work and pick up my second coin from the front desk and open it - what do ya know? Same thing. I have this "daisy chaining" going on as well.

Any input? >>

here is a great picture of it:

image >>

That is what can happen when the milling machine has errors and/or the engraving bit has issues. Remember that these are the only dies produced by the US Mint that are NOT hubbed. Each die is cut directly by computer-controlled milling/engraving machine. Been there, done that. >>

Just looking at my three HS.

One of them has this about like the photo but a little less pronounced, another less so and one is totally clean without any of this. Don't know whether to send the two w/this in or not? I'd love to know whether any w/this have made SP70.

On another note, I really like The Mint's capsules. Fit perfectly unlike the Ait Tites.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Order number 37489xxx a few minutes ago. My father ordered about 5 minutes after me, 160 orders in about 5 minutes.

I can't help that feeling that these will end up being amongst the highest mintages of the bunch, much like Martha Wash. I think that, unlike the bullion version, we will see much lower mintages of the P pucks than the first five. I think that the smart money sells these fast, just like Martha. >>

I don't understand the logic that says the Mint would lower the mintage on a product that sells out in 2-4 weeks....

They have items that don't sellout in a year and mint many hundreds of thousands of those....the fact that they actually oversold the 1st P puck in 2 weeks means the demand is higher than the coins available which would make me think they would produce more....especially if they reset the price on the 2011's to reflect the drop in spot silver.

Present demand is muted by the spot premium..... >>

Agreed.

Whats the points of starting up the press if your not going to Mint at least 50,000?

The only reason these are 27,000 is they ran out of time.

We will know soon enough with release of the 2011 Ps.

Loves me some shiny!
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone who's had the HS graded know whether that issue in the metal which was previoulsy discussed with photos near the ""SPRIN" in SPRINGS will prevent a coin from getting an SP70 grade?? >>

I would think that the daisy-chain specimens would not get an SP70 when, in fact, there are those that don't exhibit the defect and should grade higher. As long as there's a mix of the HS SPs, there should be a mix of grades. Agree?

Cheers!
    Bob
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    I was only going to order 1 Yellowstone SP but saw CoinFame's $370 buy price over on BST and got an extra.

My order numbers: 37489XXX and 37490XXX
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone who's had the HS graded know whether that issue in the metal which was previoulsy discussed with photos near the ""SPRIN" in SPRINGS will prevent a coin from getting an SP70 grade?? >>

I would think that the daisy-chain specimens would not get an SP70 when, in fact, there are those that don't exhibit the defect and should grade higher. As long as there's a mix of the HS SPs, there should be a mix of grades. Agree?

Cheers!
    Bob >>

I would be PO'd if I spent $1000 on an SP70 and the 'SPRINGS' was messed up like that photo. So, I really hope they aren't grading the messed up ones 70.

• First @ 12:08 374772XX

Second @ 12:40 37485XXX

Third @ 2:55 37490XXX

I'm just wondering how many, if any, viewing that auction thought they were looking at a bullion puck? Wording was a little confusing, as he never mentioned it was a P, although did indicate it was a Mint "collector" version. Then he mentioned the MS69s. Seems as though he may have set himself up for a NAD claim. Surprising that it went so high, as MCM had these for $649 a few days ago.

~ Vince Lombardi

• << <i>Surprising that it went so high, as MCM had these for $649 a few days ago. >>

Maybe the key word is "had"
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just ordered a few of minutes ago

37491xxx
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for May 26 for the proof platinum.......IF...... they have a decent reverse........image

• << <i>It was exactly one week ago yesterday, at this time.. well.. make that half an hour ago.. that I was sitting exactly where I'm sitting, knees locked together (you figure out why).. when UPS knocked on my door and handed me a box with a beautiful, ginormous coin in it..

Silver's at $33.50 as I type this.. I'll sit this one out.. if the Mint had lowered Pyellowstone's price a hundred bucks, I might've ordered one.. but (and I may be the only one here who holds this opinion).. I think the design is atrociously cartoonish.. besides, I can't afford it, and I already mailed in two order forms to Vatican City's UFN, and the refrigerator's lookin' kinda empty..

If the Mint's site seems faster, it's not because they "fixed" it.. they've already said fixing it is on their to-do list for mid-2012..

I think Pyellowstone will be available for a while.. just my opinion.. I could be wrong.. image >>

You are wrong. Too many weak hands - they need to step aside
  • Possibly SP70 will not be so common for P-pucks. Just got results for 2 of mine - both SP69 image

So out of 4 I've got - one returned back to the Mint as it was scratched, 2 best-looking ones got SP69'ed

The last one that was least apealling to me is on the way to PCGS with the slim chnaces of getting 70....

So for very small sample set that I've got the chance of getting 70 is 0/4 ........

Nothing to brag about ;(

• hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i> Too many weak hands - they need to step aside >>

Whatever that means..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Like shootin ducks in a pond.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Mutli-Order guru's.

Is there a key to getting around the Mint 1 per rule?

I am able to get 4 orders but only via my trusty network of contacts.

I am assuming that is what you are doing too but i have not set up account under the wife's name
    due to the address. Maybe the Mint is much more relaxed than the APs were?

Is there a way to set up 2 or more Mint accounts and get orders that way??

Feel free to PM if its "confidential" info.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>Mutli-Order guru's.

Is there a key to getting around the Mint 1 per rule?

I am able to get 4 orders but only via my trusty network of contacts.

I am assuming that is what you are doing too but i have not set up account under the wife's name
    due to the address. Maybe the Mint is much more relaxed than the APs were?

Is there a way to set up 2 or more Mint accounts and get orders that way??

Feel free to PM if its "confidential" info. >>

Same address: cancelled

Different address than CC info: cancelled

You need a different "household" to order
  • MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    They limit it to one order per household. You can only ship it to your credit card's billing address. So if you have multiple credit cards that have different billing addresses...

I had a job interview by phone at 12PM EDT, so I completely forgot about the pucks until a few hours later. The website ran fine. image
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Dudes think about what happens to a PO Box order when it can't be delivered. You are gonna owe me for this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file