Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$3300????? >>

Is that what the gold center is selling them for?
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    that would suck for those guys
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• << <i>$3300????? >>

Stop pulling our chain...that cant quite be the prices Gold Center are selling them for
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update please from the Gold Center line crew please.....Inquiring minds want to know.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 3300 POSTS.
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    The Gold Center Opens at 10am Central time. About 45 minutes from now.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...

<< <i>3300 POSTS. >>

I see that now, the "$" and the "?????" threw me while in the middle of the gold center reporting.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    TD, you should be ashamed of yourself, you could have started a riotimage---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>$3300????? >>

Is that what the gold center is selling them for? >>

Just my cute way of giving the post number........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

<< <i>

<< <i>$3300????? >>

Stop pulling our chain...that cant quite be the prices Gold Center are selling them for >>

We need an emoticon with one of those old-fashioned overhead toilet tanks with a chain on it getti9ng yankethed!!!!!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTB requires cash or wire transfer.

they are in NYC and take walk-ins

I purchased a set today for $930 all fees and shipping included.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    Fidelitrade must be closed are they are not answering.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<MTB requires cash or wire transfer. They are in NYC and take walk-ins>>

<<I purchased a set today for $930 all fees and shipping included.>>

You purchased a set over the counter today? So if I go down to Broad Street right now, I should be able to get one?

FWIW, a little birdie tells me that The Gold Center will be selling 200 sets OTC today.
    TD
    200 sets...what a crock
    They will probably each sell a token amount then sell the rest to dealers
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

• Mint Products had them up this weekend for $3000.

<< <i><<MTB requires cash or wire transfer. They are in NYC and take walk-ins>>

You purchased a set over the counter today? So if I go down to Broad Street right now, I should be able to get one? >>

I was somehome lucky enough to get through on the phone. (their 212 number)

As part of their normal business, they do walk-ins. I didn't ask, but I imagine they will do walk-ins for these as well.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>FWIW, a little birdie tells me that The Gold Center will be selling 200 sets OTC today. >>

geee ... wonder where the rest went... image

• << <i>FWIW, a little birdie tells me that The Gold Center will be selling 200 sets OTC today.
    TD >>

...as predicted
  • Report from Gold Center.

I personally talked to the first lady in line on the phone (no relation) who reported being there at 5pm yesterday. My sister passed her phone to her so we could talk.

She reports maintaining an impromptu list with 156 names on it. Gold Center hired police to maintain security today. They have the main parking lot blocked off. She also reported that at around 8:15 am 50 black people showed up as a group and were arranged by Manpower Associates to make purchases. She does not know who hired them from Manpower Associates but speculated it was the Gold Center itself.

Here are a few pictures:

lol, I bet the didn't give each of them $930
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<MTB requires cash or wire transfer. They are in NYC and take walk-ins>>

You purchased a set over the counter today? So if I go down to Broad Street right now, I should be able to get one? >>

I was somehome lucky enough to get through on the phone. (their 212 number)

As part of their normal business, they do walk-ins. I didn't ask, but I imagine they will do walk-ins for these as well. >>

Just called, as soon as I mentioned the ATB, they hung up on me!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

• Just called, as soon as I mentioned the ATB, they hung up on me!image >>

They just did the same to me. Real nice.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
    If you DO get through, they will just tell you to send an email to info@mtbcoins.com with your name, phone number, and address requesting to buy a set. They will send you the forms to create an account.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried for three days to get a call in to Prudential during their 9:00 - 11:00 ordering window. All I get is a busy signal or the answering machine. I tried one of their other numbers and the guy assured me that they are taking orders on the designated line, but I think they just have a phone with no person on the other end - just an answering machine...

<< <i>

<< <i>Just called, as soon as I mentioned the ATB, they hung up on me!image >>

They just did the same to me. Real nice. >>

That happened to me several times.

They told me it was their phone system crashing.

This is freaking stupidity.

I can't believe I'm involved.
  • Gold Center Update #2:

The Gold Center owner just kicked the 50 Manpower Associate people out of the line. The guy who hired them was sitting in a van outside and the owner talked to him before doing this.

The owner then handed out pink slips of paper with numbers on them. My sister said there were definitely more than 200 slips of pink paper.

You do not need to stand in the line if you have the paper. You will have your allottment.

Also its Cash or Bank Check only. No credit cards. My sister said that cleared a bunch of people out of the line when he announced that.

you'd be a hero if you stuck around to see how many they sold.

<< <i>Report from Gold Center.

I personally talked to the first lady in line on the phone (no relation) who reported being there at 5pm yesterday. My sister passed her phone to her so we could talk.

She reports maintaining an impromptu list with 156 names on it. Gold Center hired police to maintain security today. They have the main parking lot blocked off. She also reported that at around 8:15 am 50 black people showed up as a group and were arranged by Manpower Associates to make purchases. She does not know who hired them from Manpower Associates but speculated it was the Gold Center itself. >>

• KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have tried for three days to get a call in to Prudential during their 9:00 - 11:00 ordering window. All I get is a busy signal or the answering machine. I tried one of their other numbers and the guy assured me that they are taking orders on the designated line, but I think they just have a phone with no person on the other end - just an answering machine... >>

"Hello this is Peggy" image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    That's good to know.

I wonder how many they will have to sell, then.

<< <i>Gold Center Update #2:

The Gold Center owner just kicked the 50 Manpower Associate people out of the line. The guy who hired them was sitting in a van outside and the owner talked to him before doing this.

The owner then handed out pink slips of paper with numbers on them. My sister said there were definitely more than 200 slips of pink paper.

You do not need to stand in the line if you have the paper. You will will have your allottment.

Also its Cash or Bank Check only. No credit cards. My sister said that cleared a bunch of people out of the line. >>

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    MTB line is now busy. Both phone numbers. Good luck getting through.

<< <i>

<< <i>I have tried for three days to get a call in to Prudential during their 9:00 - 11:00 ordering window. All I get is a busy signal or the answering machine. I tried one of their other numbers and the guy assured me that they are taking orders on the designated line, but I think they just have a phone with no person on the other end - just an answering machine... >>

"Hello this is Peggy" image >>

too funny
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    APMEX???? I have heard nothing. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

<< <i>MTB line is now busy. Both phone numbers. Good luck getting through. >>

I started a little after 9am.

It's been like this so far today.

• Waiting to 100% verify the selling price. My sister will try to ask the next person coming out.

Very exciting I am getting these updates via phone from 600 miles away =)

<< <i>Waiting to 100% verify the selling price. My sister will try to ask the next person coming out.

Very exciting I am getting these updates via phone from 600 miles away =) >>

get her to ask how many sets they have.

• AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Madness....
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

<< <i>Madness.... >>

and we're not sure if these will have legs into next year or the next...

freaking madness squared.

• Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is freaking stupidity.

I can't believe I'm involved. >>

Just what I was thinking!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • i just got thru to MTB. they said they needed a copy of my DL and a signed copy of an AML - Anti-money laundering statement before i can buy anything from them. he is emailing me this statement and then i can email it back...wierd but ok.

• << <i>i just got thru to MTB. they said they needed a copy of my DL and a signed copy of an AML - Anti-money laundering statement before i can buy anything from them. he is emailing me this statement and then i can email it back...wierd but ok. >>

Yea, told me the same thing 45 minutes ago...still waiting
  • gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    let us know if you get the email....they took my email info....but yet to have get any email
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< i just got thru to MTB. they said they needed a copy of my DL and a signed copy of an AML - Anti-money laundering statement before i can buy anything from them. he is emailing me this statement and then i can email it back...wierd but ok. >> Yea, told me the same thing 45 minutes ago...still waiting >>

Ditto...
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    I am sooooo tempted to get in my car and head there.... could be back home with them in hand by 3pm
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1395 doesn't sound so bad now..does it?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    When will the mint issue the collector version?
  • Gold Center Update #3

Price verified by the owner directly for $975

My sister said the owner was expecting the Mint to be showing up today as an observer.

She is now seeing if he will tell her how many pink slips he will be giving out today.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    There must be better ways to make $900 than this! image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file