Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MTB line is now busy. Both phone numbers. Good luck getting through. >>

MTB advised me when I got through to send them a fax with my: home phone, cell phone, fax number (if available), a copy of my driver's license and a short statement that I wanted to purchase my one set of the "America the Beautiful" five ounce silver quarters.

After receiving this, I was advised they would be in contact with me, no time length given, with additional forms to fill out and submit for the purchase of the coins. No credit cards, just bank checks (post clearing) and wire orders will be accepted, if I understood them correctly.

• gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    just got email.....it is a Patriot Act form.....in the email the "trader" quoted 4-6 week delivery as MTB is waiting for capsules....

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>just got email.....it is a Patriot Act form.....in the email the "trader" quoted 4-6 week delivery as MTB is waiting for capsules.... >>

Unbelievable!

<< <i>just got email.....it is a Patriot Act form.....in the email the "trader" quoted 4-6 week delivery as MTB is waiting for capsules.... >>

Who did you get this from?
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

MTB advised me when I got through to send them a fax with my: home phone, cell phone, fax number (if available), a copy of my driver's license and a short statement that I wanted to purchase my one set of the "America the Beautiful" five ounce silver quarters.

After receiving this, I was advised they would be in contact with me, no time length given, with additional forms to fill out and submit for the purchase of the coins. No credit cards, just bank checks (post clearing) and wire orders will be accepted, if I understood them correctly. >>

I would NEVER fax my DL to ANYBODY

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>I would NEVER fax my DL to ANYBODY >>

True dat!

<< <i>.it is a Patriot Act form >>

Like buying 25 ounces of silver is a national security risk.

Can't you just see the first person to go through the airport screening with 2 sets of the coins and getting
    thrown up against the wall and interrogated for hours on just where in the heck they got 2 sets?
    for their "files".

They will just google map the fax's when they need to confiscate them (and whatever other bullion you happen to have)

Loves me some shiny!
  • It's what happens when you are forced to deal with companies that rarely deal with purchases under $10k
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    Will keep trying with Fidelitrade, since they already have my name on their list from a few weeks ago. No MTB for me. It looks like the APs are complying with the mint directives.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I will go rent "Bridge On The River Kwai."
    It ends with one of my favorite movie quotes:
    "Madnes! MADNESS!"
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    Do they need a blood sample too?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Apmex customers didn't submit Patriot Act or Money Laundering forms, or a drivers license, did they?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    "What are you in for?"

"Murder. What are you in for?"

"I bought 2 sets of the America the Beautiful 5 ounce bullion sets."

"You Idiot! I hope they give you life!"
  • SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Apmex customers didn't submit Patriot Act or Money Laundering forms, or a drivers license, did they? >>

NO, they did not.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold Center Update #3

Price verified by the owner directly for $975

My sister said the owner was expecting the Mint to be showing up today as an observer.

She is now seeing if he will tell her how many pink slips he will be giving out today. >>

Where is that "Mint Police" icon that was floating around here?image---------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>The Apmex customers didn't submit Patriot Act or Money Laundering forms, or a drivers license, did they? >>

Nope....

But maybe if an order exceeds the $10k reporting limit they would require it

<< <i>The Apmex customers didn't submit Patriot Act or Money Laundering forms, or a drivers license, did they? >>

They did ask my shoe size.
    Oh, wait.......that was a Monty Python sketch. I was having a flashback.......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

These requests are normal business for MTB.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    MTB/DillonGage et al, hates the public and does not want to sell the public anything.
    They are doing this on purpose so they can make very difficult to follow through.
    That gives them time to get their flipper network together to comply with the Mint
    and get in a cheddar.

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>

<< <i>

After receiving this, I was advised they would be in contact with me, no time length given, with additional forms to fill out and submit for the purchase of the coins. No credit cards, just bank checks (post clearing) and wire orders will be accepted, if I understood them correctly. >>

I would NEVER fax my DL to ANYBODY >>

I just spoke with them again. They said they are swamped with orders and hope to email everyone whose orders are accepted by tomorrow with the necessary forms and instructions. Also said that while they cannot say how many sets they have, the number is "significant."

The person I spoke with, twice, seems like a very nice guy who may be part of a small group that has, figuratively and literally, overwhelmed. He was pleased that I faxed my driver's license (or passport copy) already, and gave me the info for bank transfer of payment. However, until I receive an email confirming my order and whatever other forms they require, I'd be paying in advance for an unconfirmed order which I won't do as I don't want to attempt to get my money back if I don't get an order.

He was very specific about whether I received a confirmation on my fax machine that the fax went through. When I said it did and I had it in hand, he told me that was "good" as their fax machine(s) had crashed. I know that emails to them are not going through as return receipts are saying they have not been received.

In fact, anyone I've spoken with at MTB (3 people so far), sound very nice but totally overwhelmed by what is going on. Good thing this is just a set of silver coins and not a massive national gold buy-in or sell-off.

Also, that they have the coins in stock but are waiting for holders for them which might take 4-6 weeks although they are hoping to shorten this time period in a significant manner.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

No!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"What are you in for?"

"Murder. What are you in for?"

"I bought 2 sets of the America the Beautiful 5 ounce bullion sets."

"You Idiot! I hope they give you life!" >>

LOL
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>MTB/DillonGage et al, hates the public and does not want to sell the public anything.
    They are doing this on purpose so they can make very difficult to follow through.
    That gives them time to get their flipper network together to comply with the Mint
    and get in a cheddar. >>

<< The Apmex customers didn't submit Patriot Act or Money Laundering forms, or a drivers license, did they? >>

These requests are normal business for MTB.

MTB takes walk-ins as a normal part of their day-to-day business. Thus, they deal with the public.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>$3125 starting bid, no bids, 2h 15min left, can it be done? >>

That dude has pre-sold over 40 sets.....
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just emailed back my Patriot form & passport scan to MTB, asked them to reply with payment instructions and they returned a sales confirmation.

$860 for the set
    $45 Freight
    $25 Commission

"Please make checks payable to Manfra, Tordella & Brookes Inc.

We hold personal checks for 17 calendar days.

As I mentioned, we are still waiting for the capsules to arrive, I will let you know when it will ship"

<< <i>

<< <i>$3125 starting bid, no bids, 2h 15min left, can it be done? >>

That dude has pre-sold over 40 sets..... >>

If he can't deliver, this may bring an end to pre-sales on eBay.

<< <i>Just emailed back my Patriot form & passport scan to MTB, they returned a sales confirmation.

"Please make checks payable to Manfra, Tordella & Brookes Inc.

We hold personal checks for 17 calendar days.

As I mentioned, we are still waiting for the capsules to arrive, I will let you know when it will ship" >>

See?

They aren't putting up roadblocks.

If you just follow their system, everything will be fine.

Normal course of business. And I am surprised they are taking checks for these.

I just realized that there is nothing keeping the APs from opening eBay accounts and selling 1 per HH there.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just realized that there is nothing keeping the APs from opening eBay accounts and selling 1 per HH there. >>

Just as long as they have a Buy It Now of a reasonable price I would not see a problem with it.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>$3125 starting bid, no bids, 2h 15min left, can it be done? >>

That dude has pre-sold over 40 sets..... >>

If he can't deliver, this may bring an end to pre-sales on eBay. >>

He did get a neg (3) from a buyer of 3 sets that when he reneged on the sale and re-listed for a higher price
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just realized that there is nothing keeping the APs from opening eBay accounts and selling 1 per HH there. >>

Just as long as they have a Buy It Now of a reasonable price I would not see a problem with it. >>

Only problem is they would lose money after fees----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

no
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    I just emailed to MTB. I never got through calling but emailed like was said here, has anybody else done this successfully, or do you have to get through on the phone?

<< <i>I just emailed to MTB. I never got through calling but emailed like was said here, has anybody else done this successfully, or do you have to get through on the phone? >>

I think that they are swamped and the non ringing email is the last thing on thier minds. I got through on the phone and I received an email with requested forms a couple minutes later. Nice guy but I could tell he was swamped. I have not received a reply to my email with the requested information.

You will probably get a response after all the sets have been sold and things have died down.image
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I will keep trying on the phone haha.
  • Mtb said they aren't selling anymore today and to call back tomorrow

<< <i>Mtb said they aren't selling anymore today and to call back tomorrow >>

They must need a break and are trying to get caught up with the pending list of "New Accounts" they have to set up...

I should have established a "new account" with them last week, it would have went much smoother.
    they stopped sales because they are swamped.

the guy I talked with said it was busy all morning.
  • Any chance those of you with the Patriot Act form could email the form to us or put it somewhere so we could download it?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
    What word from Springpatch?
  • just got off the phone one minute ago...said to email them my request...and they would get back to me....said they have plenty of sets
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I am emailing them and hoping for the best
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin

<< <i>I, too, would appreciate someone emailing the form to me
    msimm@sbcglobal.net >>

sent

<< <i>What word from Springpatch? >>

any looters, yet?

<< <i>Ms.M send me one to ..if you dont mind... >>

Sent.

Coaster fan, PM me your email address.

I'd recommend deleting these e-mail addresses since they will show up in a google search.

• I have the Patriot Act form from MTB. If you want to PM me your email address I'll gladly forward it to you.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file