Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone make calls today to Fidelitrade? or any other AP's for that matter?

MTB now saying NEXT WEEK. >>

I called at about 15:30 EST. They said...

APMEX - we all know
    A-Mark may carry, check site for updates, no time estimate given
    CNT as we know, site will be up 1/3
    Dillon Gage check web site, est. selling 1/3
    Fidelitrade - no change from previous posts
    MTB- try calling Thurs., may be selling Mon, first come first serve, no lists/pre-orders
    The Gold Center - try post 1/1
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry. Im not up to speed on how to use the tools on the site.

If you are interested in silver:

zerohedge.com first article

silverseek.com about the 7th article by Ron Kirby >>

You duplicating the HTTP: stuff. WHen you past your link, remove the http: that was defaulted in by this message board.

• Thanks.
  • imagebeleive it or not i purchased a set this afternoon they are not to bad looking. dont know what i will do with them yet don fisher image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>my opinion is the quality is gonna be cr&p

dont expect 69 quality, expect 65/66 quality

this is bullion, in rolls, no special handling. >>

I stressed proper handling and packaging to APMEX. They said that they would be carefully packaged in individual flips. I will stress this from anyone I order from. Of course, I'm sure that they won't use golves to put them in the flips.... >>

How do you know one way or the other about the "golves?"
    Or are you just guessing?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

• << <i>imagebeleive it or not i purchased a set this afternoon they are not to bad looking. dont know what i will do with them yet don fisher image >>

You have them in your possession? Any chance of posting pics?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • imagei have them setting on my desk,but i have no way of showing them .i am not a computer person and do not have the equipment to do pictures. it is all i can do to get my e-mail. thank you don fisherimage

• << <i>imagei have them setting on my desk,but i have no way of showing them .i am not a computer person and do not have the equipment to do pictures. it is all i can do to get my e-mail. thank you don fisherimage >>

Well.....how do they look?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Not just how do they look, where did you purchase them?
  • jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you hear about that guy who found some inside a vacuum cleaner ?
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    That's funny, but I think the OP has gotten enough grief in the other thread!
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got this email from APMEX: imageimageimage

"Dear Valued Customer,

You are receiving this email because you ordered one or more of the America The Beautiful five coin sets after the initial launch by the U.S. Mint of the program on December 1, 2010, and before the U.S. Mint amended the details of the program on December 6, 2010.

As you almost certainly know, the U.S. Mint re-launched the program on December 9, 2010, but, only with some substantial changes that neither you nor we expected. Most importantly, the U.S. Mint imposed a prohibition on the sale of more than one set to a customer in a single household. In addition, they set a maximum price of $859.95 for these sets. That change was obviously beyond our control and we have adjusted our orders accordingly.

We have revised your order to meet the U.S. Mint’s mandate. You will be charged for the one set as shown below in accordance with the amended details the U.S. Mint has set forth regarding the sale of the sets. This price is lower than the price at which you ordered.

Order ID xxxxx
    Quantity Allowed 1
    Sales Price 859.95
    Shipping Cost 19.95
    Order Total 879.90
    Amount Received 1419.15
    Refund 539.25

A refund check will be included with your shipment, which we anticipate will be by Friday, December 24, 2010.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter and, as always, value our relationship with you. If you have any questions in regard to this matter, please contact me directly.

Jana Hale
    Customer Service Manager
    American Precious Metals Exchange"
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭
    If I buy the bulllion version, I may just let them tone naturally. I really would like a rainbow version of these. I will keep the numismatic versions blast white.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    When are they selling these again?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why do I think they are ALL waiting for 2011 to sell these beasts???

There has to be a reason..... >>

Couple of reasons.

As of now, they don't know if they will be getting 3,000 sets, or 7/11ths of 33,000 sets, or what. Why send the armored car to pick up 3,000 sets and then be told to come back next week for an addional 1,700+ sets? Just wait and get them all at the same time.

By waiting until January, they can pick them up along with their 2011-dated gold and silver eagles.

TD >>

Capt...Your comment of 12/17 may just be coming true. I have serious doubts, with all the restrictions associated, that the Mint was able to unload all 33k sets.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Guys - If it took 19 hours to sell 400 sets (adjusted to 1 per HH), granted at $880 those 400 sets would have probably went in half the time, it's gonna take a solid week of good sales to sell out one AP.>>

<<Everyone will get a chance. Just make sure you get one. >>

I tend to agree with 7over8...at least several days for a complete sell-out...and if they spring it during the holiday rush, possible longer as people have a few other things on their mnd right now.

AND, remember, not everyone is quite as plugged in as those on this board...just hanging on every market twitch...which is a actually a good thing for us. We should at least have a few hours...or possibly a couple of days...jump on the rest of planet Earth (unless of course, the APs collude to [illegally] hold back major stocks for further attempted shenanigans...then all bets are off)!!!
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I think it will be a quick sellout still...maybe 24hrs.
    Since dealers will not be able to order in bulk...they will be turning on their family/friend network and buying them however they can get them. A lot more people know about it now than at the first release.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone is quite as plugged in as those on this board...just hanging on every market twitch

That's a good way to describe this deal - "twitchy".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Why do I think they are ALL waiting for 2011 to sell these beasts???

There has to be a reason..... >>

Couple of reasons.

As of now, they don't know if they will be getting 3,000 sets, or 7/11ths of 33,000 sets, or what. Why send the armored car to pick up 3,000 sets and then be told to come back next week for an addional 1,700+ sets? Just wait and get them all at the same time.

By waiting until January, they can pick them up along with their 2011-dated gold and silver eagles.

TD >>

Capt...Your comment of 12/17 may just be coming true. I have serious doubts, with all the restrictions associated, that the Mint was able to unload all 33k sets. >>

Makes sense that the OP's would not want to go out of their way to incur expenses on these, since their profit potentials have been curtailed.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>imagebeleive it or not i purchased a set this afternoon they are not to bad looking. dont know what i will do with them yet don fisher image >>

Don't know what i will do with them yet???? Why'd you buy them?? I wouldn't play hockey with them yet but I'd bet if you had a camera and listed them in hand buyitnow for immediate delivery you could likely hit $5K....image, but that's just my opinion...
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> << beleive it or not i purchased a set this afternoon they are not to bad looking. dont know what i will do with them yet don fisher >> >>

I'd still like to know where he was able to purchase a set over the counter. As far as I know, none of the APs has started OTC sales. Please, Don Fisher, give us a clue!
    I would guess...he didn't
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would guess...he didn't >>

Those were my thoughts, too. I just thought I would call him out in a more "polite" way...image
    I was just guessing about the white gloves. I might suggest that they handle them that way.

To the poster w/coins in hand, please share where you got them.

• << <i>

<< <i>I would guess...he didn't >>

image >>

It is a bit hard to take that only ONE person has a set......probably got a set of ATB silver quarters (the REAL quarters)
  • Got my email from APMEX....They are even honoring the $25 coupon that was for purchases over $2k image

<< <i>imagebeleive it or not i purchased a set this afternoon they are not to bad looking. dont know what i will do with them yet don fisher image >>

Must be Chinese Counterfeits,image since none have been issued by the AP's....
  • Remember what happened with the UHR. Didn't someone get one of those a few days before everyone else? I remember him being called a liar, too. You never know.

• << <i>Got my email from APMEX....They are even honoring the $25 coupon that was for purchases over $2k image >>

Also, not sure if it has been posted, coins and things website now says they will be accepting order requests 1/17/10.

• << <i> Also, not sure if it has been posted, coins and things website now says they will be accepting order requests 1/17/10. >>

What is their issue??? If they were smart they would start when everyone else does to prevent the overload of calls.....

Maybe they need time to send them for grading and will crack out and sell the ones that get poor grades image

• << <i>image

Also, not sure if it has been posted, coins and things website now says they will be accepting order requests 1/17/10. >>

It would be funny if the price of silver rises enough by then that they end up having to sell them below spot.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • imagei think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie, if i hada scanner i would show them to you. take my word for it they are here on my desk. thank toy don fisherimage
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>imagei think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie, if i hada scanner i would show them to you. take my word for it they are here on my desk. thank toy don fisherimage >>

you mean you have the 5 Oz ATB pucks in your desk right this very minute? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I just talked to Don. He told me he has them. Nope, he wouldn't sell them to me nor would say where or how he got them.

• << <i>imagei think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie, if i hada scanner i would show them to you. take my word for it they are here on my desk. thank toy don fisherimage >>

...and to repeat the question asked earlier:

"Where did you get them???"

<< <i>imagei think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie, if i hada scanner i would show them to you. take my word for it they are here on my desk. thank toy don fisherimage >>

If so, why do you refuse to answer from whom they were obtained?
    BTW your Avatar looks familiar image
  • SoundPointSoundPoint Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When are they selling these again? >>

Looks like they are being sold to friends and family right now!!
    Good Luck To Everyone!!
    Happy Holidays!!
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    I call B.S

Loves me some shiny!
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Did santa send those coins out early?image
  • I'm going to have a few his image and see if I can find some pucks on MY desk....

Do these count??? image
    maybe santa is a new AP?

• << <i>maybe santa is a new AP? >>

Yes he is ...... and that's why APMEX is shipping on the 24th...so he will have them for Xmas delivery
    apmex is delivering on the 24th.....santa is an ap....Scott Thomas is SANTA!

I apologize for doubting you. I know where you got them. Please turn on your PM function. Click on your profile and click on "Allow Personal Messages."
    TD

P.S.: Yes, folks, he has them.
    Why all the secrecy? Most of us try to help each other out.

<< <i>i think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie >>

I wasn't calling you a liar...I thought you must have been mistaken.

• << <i>Why all the secrecy? Most of us try to help each other out. >>

EXACTLY!

This is what happens when someone throws some bloody meat into the group of sharks just to see what happens........image
    Can't we all get along?

• << <i>

<< <i>i think that most of the people in the industry that have done business with me over thepast 50 years no that i do not lie >>

I wasn't calling you a liar...I thought you must have been mistaken. >>

Yup...after all these DO look like a lot of other coins image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file