Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Don't hold your breath....Most are waiting until Jan. 3rd and Apmex said info "late" this week>>

As I'm going to be out of pocket with friends and family for pockets over the next couple of weeks...January 3 is actually a good thing...at least for me!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭
    Time for the APs to cherry pic perhaps if selling in January.
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take: Many of these companies will probably be too short-staffed this week and next to have any chance of selling them before January.
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.What do you answer that's not a question? image >>

Do these pants make my butt look big?
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Remember, the collector version will be a different finish on the surface of the coins

also will be boxed appropriately and not just loose....

much better quality >>

and best of all....it will have a Mint mark.image >>

I sure like that W mint mark on my 08 w unc $50 buffs - it seems to do wonders for them relative to the billion issue buffs!!!! >>

Yup..but that was a small mintage of under 15k ... on the other hand you can't brag about your 2006 & 7 or even 10, which can be had at melt or slightly over melt.image >>

You are certainly correct about the non-'06's. In fact I sold them (except for one of each to keep) when gold got all the way up to $1100 :-(

On the other hand, I think that it is likely that the 2010 W numismatic pucks will be the keys so the 2008 w analogy is appropriate in this case.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>.What do you answer that's not a question? image >>

Do these pants make my butt look big? >>

That is more a question you do not answer.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can someone please send me the name, phone number, and website of the AP's that will be selling these so I can put on first post? >>

APMEX
    MTB
    Fidelitrade - selling only 1 coin total per HH
    Coins N Things
    Jack Hunt Coin Brokers - no calls, check web site for updates
    AMark
    Dillon Gage
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

7 AP's /33,000 = 4714 sets x 25oz each set = 117,850oz X $3 bullion mark up = $353,550 profit PLUS handling charges.

Today is the day to divvy up the 'unclaimed' coins by the AP's that want them. So after this it'll just be a matter of taking possession.

We're getting there.

<< <i>Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because you ordered one or more of the America The Beautiful five coin sets after the initial launch by the U.S. Mint of the program on December 1, 2010, and before the U.S. Mint amended the details of the program on December 6, 2010.

As you almost certainly know, the U.S. Mint re-launched the program on December 9, 2010, but, only with some substantial changes that neither you nor we expected. Most importantly, the U.S. Mint imposed a prohibition on the sale of more than one set to a customer in a single household. In addition, they set a maximum price of $859.95 for these sets. That change was obviously beyond our control and we have adjusted our orders accordingly.

We have revised your order to meet the U.S. Mint’s mandate. You will be charged for the one set as shown below in accordance with the amended details the U.S. Mint has set forth regarding the sale of the sets. This price is lower than the price at which you ordered.

Sales Price 859.95
    Shipping Cost 19.95
    Total 879.90

A refund check will be included with your shipment, which we anticipate will be by Friday, December 24, 2010.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter and, as always, value our relationship with you. If you have any questions in regard to this matter, please contact me
    directly. >>

They lowered the S&H charges from the usual amount as well! So my net cost will be $35.20 an ounce. Not bad, considering a silver eagle is $33.50 at the corner shop
    WoooHooo

That's great news.

Cheaper than I thought.

I guess CC will be refunded via check.

Time is good, that like 4 DAYS !!!

I wonder when they will put the others up for order.

Looks like the early birds are getting the worm. image

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So about $5/oz over, which is what a bunch of us thought it was going to be from the get go.

Now, who's selling individuals online? Apmex still shows sold out/alert me.
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    well they are obviously not waiting until the 3rd.
    Maybe they will go on sale this week.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because you ordered one or more of the America The Beautiful five coin sets after the initial launch by the U.S. Mint of the program on December 1, 2010, and before the U.S. Mint amended the details of the program on December 6, 2010.

As you almost certainly know, the U.S. Mint re-launched the program on December 9, 2010, but, only with some substantial changes that neither you nor we expected. Most importantly, the U.S. Mint imposed a prohibition on the sale of more than one set to a customer in a single household. In addition, they set a maximum price of $859.95 for these sets. That change was obviously beyond our control and we have adjusted our orders accordingly.

We have revised your order to meet the U.S. Mint’s mandate. You will be charged for the one set as shown below in accordance with the amended details the U.S. Mint has set forth regarding the sale of the sets. This price is lower than the price at which you ordered.

Sales Price 859.95
    Shipping Cost 19.95
    Total 879.90

A refund check will be included with your shipment, which we anticipate will be by Friday, December 24, 2010.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter and, as always, value our relationship with you. If you have any questions in regard to this matter, please contact me
    directly. >>

They lowered the S&H charges from the usual amount as well! So my net cost will be $35.20 an ounce. Not bad, considering a silver eagle is $33.50 at the corner shop >>

Not to sound stupid...but is this email from APMEX? If so, that's good news.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WoooHooo

That's great news.

Cheaper than I thought.

I guess CC will be refunded via check.

Time is good, that like 4 DAYS !!!

I wonder when they will put the others up for order.

Looks like the early birds are getting the worm. image >>

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to call the Mint. This will at least stop all the crying in this thread about willing to pay any price. Merry Christmas to All And to All a Good Night.......................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Great! I guess it is a Merry Christmas for collectors image
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
    Looks like the early birds are getting the worm. image >>

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to call the Mint. This will at least stop all the crying in this thread about willing to pay any price. Merry Christmas to All And to All a Good Night.......................image >>

I don't think the crying will stop. I was an "early bird" as you know but I may be getting the shaft, not the worm, simply because I purchased from a secondary dealer. For those who are obsessed with fairness, how is that fair?

<< <i>Not to sound stupid...but is this email from APMEX? If so, that's good news. >>

Sorry, yes it is APMEX
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    APMEX early birds UNITE!

Loves me some shiny!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX early birds UNITE! >>

I believe there were about 380 of us....but as of right now, I haven't received my email from them.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe there were about 380 of us....but as of right now, I haven't received my email from them. >>

I haven't either, but my order was very late, probably one of the last ones that got in under the gun...

Isn't that like a line from Karl Marx?
    I was a early, early bird. The email also gives your refund amount and how it will be processed, so my guess is each email must be created one at a time.

So now the real question - what are you going to do with your set? I wanted two, one for each child. Anyone willing to sell theirs for 10% above their cost?image

• << <i>

I believe there were about 380 of us....but as of right now, I haven't received my email from them. >>

No email for me either......ordered when there was still 352 left
    Over 900 sets left when I ordered, no email yet.

Loves me some shiny!
  • I agree with the comment that these are being dealt with on an order by order manual basis since some ordered different numbers of sets and payment methods were different.

It will take awhile to go through them all......
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you know what number you were?
    Now I have a quandary. I have an order with a secondary marketer who claims to still be on. When talking to the rep they said they did not know about the one per hh rule and would let me know when they know something. Do I blow these people off and take a chance at one of the AP's where I will be at the back of the line but would get a better price or do I sit tight where I am? Checking Apmex it say sold out but some are getting emails about shipping. What does it mean?

<< <i>Now I have a quandary. I have an order with a secondary marketer who claims to still be on. When talking to the rep they said they did not know about the one per hh rule and would let me know when they know something. Do I blow these people off and take a chance at one of the AP's where I will be at the back of the line but would get a better price or do I sit tight where I am? Checking Apmex it say sold out but some are getting emails about shipping. What does it mean? >>

The ones getting emails about shipping bought the 1000 sets that APMEX listed for $1395. They haven't put their remaining inventory up yet.

• << <i>How did you know what number you were? >>

I checked quantity remaining just before I ordered....there were 352 sets left of the 1000 they were selling
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now I have a quandary. I have an order with a secondary marketer who claims to still be on. When talking to the rep they said they did not know about the one per hh rule and would let me know when they know something. Do I blow these people off and take a chance at one of the AP's where I will be at the back of the line but would get a better price or do I sit tight where I am? Checking Apmex it say sold out but some are getting emails about shipping. What does it mean? >>

Maybe you should turn your PM function onimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

• << <i>Now I have a quandary. I have an order with a secondary marketer who claims to still be on. When talking to the rep they said they did not know about the one per hh rule and would let me know when they know something. Do I blow these people off and take a chance at one of the AP's where I will be at the back of the line but would get a better price or do I sit tight where I am? Checking Apmex it say sold out but some are getting emails about shipping. What does it mean? >>

I still wonder how they (secondary marketers) will get enough sets from the AP's
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    you will get one from the AP's

the one per HH limit will allow enough time to get one. However, I wouldnt wait forever to order after AP's have them available for sale.

My guess is APMEX will start selling again this week, most likely by Friday - given the news with the existing orders. Also, those 1000 sets probably is more like 500-600 sets once quantities are adjusted.

For all those cry babies out there saying they wanted their sets and didnt care if they paid 1379-----------

well, the others who complained just saved you $500
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    looks like the cover of CW 1/3 issue has the seven AP's that will be offering ATB 5 oz'ers

I called Gold Center, previously they said they were not going to participate, now apparently they are.....

but the person told me they may not sell their quantity rec'd - here we go again.....

why cant these guys get it straight - the USM rules stipulate AP's MUST make their quantities available to the public.........

....but...they must be mistaken.....probably another misinformed customer service rep....

at least we hope so.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

• << <i>But who checks the books as to whom they sell to? Why no sell to cousin Ernie and buy back & sell the "second time around". Sell to a secondary market, even if made up, and establish market by "repurchasing" them. Or some such.... >>

Sure an AP could do that, but they run the risk of losing their status as an AP if they get caught. Why would an AP risk their bread-and-butter revenue stream just to reap a small profit from cheating?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

I think this sets the price for the Mint version.

How could the Mint charge over $1000 when they made the AP's charge under $900. That wouldn't look to cool.

• << <i>I think this sets the price for the Mint version.

How could the Mint charge over $1000 when they made the AP's charge under $900. That wouldn't look to cool. >>

...well the Mint charges over a 100% markup between the circulated ATB quarters and the "collector's" version ($21.95 vs. 9.95)

Using the same logic the pucks from the Mint could be anywhere between $875 and $1700

<< <i>Over 900 sets left when I ordered, no email yet. >>

Got the email. Same as previous poster's.

Loves me some shiny!
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Maybe we can track how close apmex is to completing all the orders by when the email arrives and when the order takes place...so we'll know when they might be free to start selling. image
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Just received the January 2011 issue of American Hunter, with a full page ad on the back cover offering the 5 oz coins at 1% over cost. It claims to be an NRA exclusive, and is from "The Official Rare Coin & Bullion Dealer of the NRA" aka Ist National Reserve, Ltd. 120 Shakespeare, Beaumont, TX 77706. Limit 1 of each coin per household. Subject to availability.

"Just released, these historic coins are available exclusively to NRA members at only 1% over our actual dealer cost."

I tried calling several times, but they are not answering. Once I got a high-pitched sound like a fax tone. 1-877-751-5453.
  • botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just received the January 2011 issue of American Hunter, with a full page ad on the back cover offering the 5 oz coins at 1% over cost. It claims to be an NRA exclusive, and is from "The Official Rare Coin & Bullion Dealer of the NRA" aka Ist National Reserve, Ltd. 120 Shakespeare, Beaumont, TX 77706. Limit 1 of each coin per household. Subject to availability.

"Just released, these historic coins are available exclusively to NRA members at only 1% over our actual dealer cost."

I tried calling several times, but they are not answering. Once I got a high-pitched sound like a fax tone. 1-877-751-5453. >>

Follow-up: I called the alternate 800 number listed on the website for Ist National, and when I got through, they explained that the ad was submitted two months ago, and they were unable to obtain any supplies. They were very polite and apologetic.

• << <i> << Over 900 sets left when I ordered, no email yet. >>

Got the email. Same as previous poster's. >>

What does the APMEX site say about your order???? Has that changed from "Vault B"??

<< <i>you will get one from the AP's

the one per HH limit will allow enough time to get one. However, I wouldnt wait forever to order after AP's have them available for sale.

My guess is APMEX will start selling again this week, most likely by Friday - given the news with the existing orders. Also, those 1000 sets probably is more like 500-600 sets once quantities are adjusted.

For all those cry babies out there saying they wanted their sets and didnt care if they paid 1379-----------

well, the others who complained just saved you $500 >>

Not true, lost 1000. by not being able to get a second set

In addition, we were happy with the free market set up of the past 20 years, they "crying" came from those who felt they missed out

Anyone who thinks coins with a 6000 mintage is a bullion coin is off in a distant numismatic planet somewhere IMO

----------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The response from APMEX is exactly as expected.

It looks like those w/confirmed APMEX orders will be the first to get the coins in hand. I wonder what they will bring in Ebay for those that sell immediately.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who thinks coins with a 6000 mintage is a bullion coin is off in a distant numismatic planet somewhere IMO

That's what I thought with the 2006 W MS Platinums. Maybe in 20 years but not now. Sold most of mine off but kept the $50 and $10 2006 W MS Platinum. These were also dethoned by the 2008w except for the 2006w $10 I believe which will become the new key for the $10 Plats.

<< <i>

<< <i> << Over 900 sets left when I ordered, no email yet. >>

Got the email. Same as previous poster's. >>

What does the APMEX site say about your order???? Has that changed from "Vault B"?? >>

Order Status: Checked into B Vault

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>Anyone who thinks coins with a 6000 mintage is a bullion coin is off in a distant numismatic planet somewhere IMO

That's what I thought with the 2006 W MS Platinums. Maybe in 20 years but not now. Sold most of mine off but kept the $50 and $10 2006 W MS Platinum. These were also dethoned by the 2008w except for the 2006w $10 I believe which will become the new key for the $10 Plats. >>

I think a lot of the premium disappeared with the move in metal prices, platinum was sub-1000 in price when they were issued, I believe-------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>you will get one from the AP's

well, the others who complained just saved you $500 >>

Not true, lost 1000. by not being able to get a second set

In addition, we were happy with the free market set up of the past 20 years, they "crying" came from those who felt they missed out

----------------BigE >>

Anyone that called the mint DID NOT WANT TO PAY THE STUPID MONEY YOU DID. And even after we saved you money (NOT LIKE YOUR going to NOT BUY Another set you still sit there and whine............. need some cheese to go along with it?imageimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
    I didn't complain but THANK YOU to the whiner's!

1: You saved me money
    2: You cleared the field of flipper's that are not poised and ready to exploit the new 1 per address condition image
    3: You temporarily also tied the hands of volume dealers depressing the flip price as they move 100s of sets out of the gate.
    4: More "collectors" will get their single set which is a good thing ut after all have been spoken for, look out, it will slim pickens to get a 2nd

Loves me some shiny!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file