Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I FINALLY got my grades in from PCGS....

I Cherry picked through 6 sets and this is all I got! >=[ out of JH, MTB, etc...can't even remember them all right now. Just annoyed. LoL

***Hot Springs***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    3 -68DM, 1 -68PL

***Yellowstone***
    1 -68DM, 2 -68PL 1 -MS68
    1 -66DM (Annoyed with this one. I cherry picked it!)

***Grand Canyon***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL, 1 -MS69
    1 -68PL

***Yosemite***
    1 -69DM, 1 -69PL
    2 -68DM

***Mount Hood***
    1 -69PL
    1 -68PL

I'm not even able to make a complete matching grade set! Grrrrr. >.<

What's the best way in your opinion that I should list them on ebay to get maximum price for them? I kinda don't want to do them individually because all those ebay fees will get me good. lol. Should I just grp incomplete matching grade sets together? >>

Definitely better than my last six sets combined, esp. the GC DM.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>EVERYONE must be PO'd at APMEX.

They screwed everyone with their incompetence.

First they presell the 2010's causing the Mint to step in. ALL the AP's say that was a pain in a..

Second, they get all their coins graded and send them out, which has decimated the after market.

I think the after market would look much different if the coins from Apmex were raw or all just BU.

I can't imagine ANY dealer or fellow AP having any respect for APMEX. >>

I definitely hear you but I'm quite confident that there are some very happy "D" set customers on the forum. (I wish that I were one of them!)
  • Options
    I'll be honest.... I am SOOO very tired of the whole puck thing. lol. I'm just going to keep a single 2010 bullion set, unload the rest, and just order 2 of every P coin from now on. Which do you think has the greater return in the long run? a 69DM set or a 68DM set? The 68DM's seem to be selling around $1700ish while the 69DM's are like $4k+? I dunno if the 69DMs can gain that much more in value compared to a 68DM. What do you all think from past experiences with older coins?
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    No idea, really. What I do believe though, is that the 2010 bullion are winners either way. Much more so than the 2010Ps. The disparity between mintages of like coins will be greater for at least some time, and the coins in high grades are much harder to get than the Ps. I'm personally not planning on selling my 2010 bullion anytime soon, unless I need the cash.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>EVERYONE must be PO'd at APMEX.

They screwed everyone with their incompetence.

First they presell the 2010's causing the Mint to step in. ALL the AP's say that was a pain in a..

Second, they get all their coins graded and send them out, which has decimated the after market.

I think the after market would look much different if the coins from Apmex were raw or all just BU.

I can't imagine ANY dealer or fellow AP having any respect for APMEX. >>

I agree - they must think they just can't win. Only APMEX winners are the "D" box recipients. Everyone else got kinda screwed. I still can't believe they actually paid to get them graded then distributed them in such a way. At least it has been entertaining even if I did get an "A" bomb...

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>...I'm quite confident that there are some very happy "D" set customers on the forum... >>

You're looking at him. image

On another note, now that APMEX has dumped hundreds of 69DMPL pieces into the kitty and summer is upon us, we'll likely see a price bottom for these very soon. Full sets of 2010 MS69DMPLs will fall to $2500 IMHO. I'd also expect a rebound soldily above $3K this fall.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...I'm quite confident that there are some very happy "D" set customers on the forum... >>

On another note, now that APMEX has dumped hundreds of 69DMPL pieces into the kitty and summer is upon us, we'll likely see a price bottom for these very soon. Full sets of 2010 MS69DMPLs will fall to $2500 IMHO. I'd also expect a rebound soldily above $3K this fall. >>

I doubt that a full set of 69DM's will ever drop to the $2k range. lol. People will be snatching them up like crazy if they enter the $3k area.
  • Options
    Buying individually, $3700 is as low as a PCGS MS69DMPL set has gone on eBay - so you might be right.

I hope you are because Yellowstone and Grand Canyon are the only ones holding them over $3K right now and I've got 2 of each at PCGS right now. image
  • Options

<< <i>

On another note, now that APMEX has dumped hundreds of 69DMPL pieces into the kitty and summer is upon us, we'll likely see a price bottom for these very soon. Full sets of 2010 MS69DMPLs will fall to $2500 IMHO. I'd also expect a rebound soldily above $3K this fall. >>

I hope that your're right. At $2500 I'll be a buyin'
  • Options

<< <i>I hope that your're right. At $2500 I'll be a buyin' >>

Well let's look at where we're at: Mount Hood and Hot Springs are available in PCGS MS69DMPL First Strike for under $500/ea. You'll only need a bit over $600 for a Yosemite in the same slab. Now Yellowstone and Grand Canyon are both still bringing over a $1000/ea but even they've been closing in the $1000 to $1200 range so it's not that much of a stretch if the pops for those 2 grow this spring and we know PCGS is flooded with them right now.

A $3500 MS69DMPL set is almost a given with where we're at now.
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope that your're right. At $2500 I'll be a buyin' >>

Well let's look at where we're at: Mount Hood and Hot Springs are available in PCGS MS69DMPL First Strike for under $500/ea. You'll only need a bit over $600 for a Yosemite in the same slab. Now Yellowstone and Grand Canyon are both still bringing over a $1000/ea but even they've been closing in the $1000 to $1200 range so it's not that much of a stretch if the pops for those 2 grow this spring and we know PCGS is flooded with them right now.

A $3500 MS69DMPL set is almost a given with where we're at now. >>

I don't think PCGS is flooded.

The Apmex coins are already in the books, no more to be added there, plus add the other AP's that have graded their coins, no more to add there, and the fact no more AP's are selling, except Prudential. I don't think the pops will move to much.

• Options

<< <i>The Apmex coins are already in the books, no more to be added there, plus add the other AP's that have graded their coins, no more to add there, and the fact no more AP's are selling, except Prudential. I don't think the pops will move to much. >>

They've got 6 of mine right now so maybe I'm biased. image With fewer than 6000 of each 33000 total on the books, there's room for a lot of movement. Doesn't mean there will be though and NGC has probably graded close to that amount also.

• Options
    People that really made money were the first people from APMEX in December when no one else had the coins.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>People that really made money were the first people from APMEX in December when no one else had the coins. >>

Agreed, at this price point it just doesn't make sense to sell. I say at this stage it would be wise to hold for awhile.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent response to the APMEX survey. We noticed your comments on the survey and wanted to address them.

Please be advised that the 2010 America the Beautiful coin sets we were put together using an assembly line setup. Each packer had a container of a particular coin, and as the assembled box moved down the line each person put a coin in the Styrofoam holder. With this procedure, there was no way for us to selectively choose certain grades to be included in any particular box. We distributed these coins in as fair and random a manner as possible.

We only advertised these coins as being graded by PCGS as Brilliant Uncirculated or Better and advised they could include a mix of grades within each set. The U.S. Mint mandated that APMEX sell all sets that were in our possession, which we have done. Because of this, we do not have any on hand for returns or exchanges. If you are not satisfied with the set you received, please let us know and we will be happy to issue a refund.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Cristy Cloud
    Customer Service

imageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I have 12 atb's in at our host now. Today is the 17th business day from the day they show as recieved. Turn around for regular is 17days. Any chance I get grades before the day is up?
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Not if my recent experience is any indication.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Not if my recent experience is any indication. >>

How long? SO maybe I can move on with life for a while lol.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>I have 12 atb's in at our host now. Today is the 17th business day from the day they show as recieved. Turn around for regular is 17days. Any chance I get grades before the day is up? >>

OVERSIZED HOLDER (Mandatory - Effective May 1, 2011) Service Fee + $20 Add 5 days to turnaround time
    FIRST STRIKE DESIGNATION (View listing of eligible coins) Service Fee + $18 Add 5 days to turnaround time
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>This just in...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent response to the APMEX survey. We noticed your comments on the survey and wanted to address them.

Please be advised that the 2010 America the Beautiful coin sets we were put together using an assembly line setup. Each packer had a container of a particular coin, and as the assembled box moved down the line each person put a coin in the Styrofoam holder. With this procedure, there was no way for us to selectively choose certain grades to be included in any particular box. We distributed these coins in as fair and random a manner as possible.

We only advertised these coins as being graded by PCGS as Brilliant Uncirculated or Better and advised they could include a mix of grades within each set. The U.S. Mint mandated that APMEX sell all sets that were in our possession, which we have done. Because of this, we do not have any on hand for returns or exchanges. If you are not satisfied with the set you received, please let us know and we will be happy to issue a refund.

Sincerely,

Cristy Cloud
    Customer Service

imageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage >>

What he really meant was

Please be advised that the 2010 America the Beautiful coin sets really pissed us off, we were going to make a lot of money on the side with these so we had to figure out how to game the system
    Each particual container was sorted by grade, worst grades went into the A boxes, and the higher the letter the better and better ones we had to let go out of our inventory, because we couldn't buy enough bad ones back in time. This method insures that our organized method to be random. that is why all A boxes are crap and all D boxes are mana from heaven, perfect randomness, a random miracle if you will. I flipped one of these BU hot springs and it landed heads up 3300 times !!!!

We only advertised these coins as being graded by PCGS as Brilliant Uncirculated or Better and advised they could include a mix of grades within each set. The U.S. Mint mandated that APMEX sell all sets that were in our possession, which we have done. Fat Tony down the street is holding the good ones, hey they are not in our possession. Because of this, we do not have any on hand for returns or exchanges. ( this stack over here is ours, oh those I think are the 2011's ) If you are not satisfied with the set you received, please let us know and we will be happy to issue a refund.

Sincerely

Fat Anthony
    Customer Service image

PS, Dont worry , thats just rain coming down on your pants
  • Options
    My recent order was not completed until 32 days.
    When I called, they said there was a "mix up, someone stapled 2 orders together" and they were awaiting additional shipping charges in error but I was never notified.
    They seemed VERY busy, kind of a left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing scene.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    I have 22 ATBs with the PCGS right now, delivered 5/10 so I guess I got awhile. Wish they updated the order status periodically so I has a sense it was progressing at least. The other guys do that.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Don't even think about them for 15 working days and then start looking at your membership site for updates. They will arrive shortly thereafter and you will have less anguish.
  • Options
    Agreed, let it go. You will get them back eventually.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply to my question to PCGS about the line on the reverse across the wording ring at 9:00. It's been almost universal from responses I have received both posted and in PM's that the line is seen on both available 2011 parks. Only one person reported the line was on some but not all of his coins.
    Here is the whole email exchange with today's response at the bottom:
    Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:12 PM
    To: PCGS Customer Service
    Subject: A Question
    I purchased 2011 Gettysburg and a Glacier bullion coins. When I looked at the reverse of the first one I saw a reflective line at 9:00 straight across the wording ring. It would flash and stand out as I tilted the coin back and forth.
    I checked the other one and it was there too. None of the 2010's I have or have seen have this line. I asked in the forum if others who had received their 2011's saw it also. All 4 who replied saw it on both coins. Could it be on every one? I will be looking on the next one to be released to see if it it there again.
    So my question is: are you seeing this on the 2011's sent in for grading? Would it effect the grade if it is on every one? Or effect the grade if its just on some?
    This is a very poor photo but its the best one of 30 tries. Very hard to capture. Only slightly better than nothing.
    (photo not included here)
    I will await your response. Thank you.

Date: Fri, May 20, 2011 7:33 am
    Good Morning,
    We have not received too many of these in for grading yet so I cannot tell you how this is affecting grading.
    Please check back with me in about 1-2 months and I should be able to give you a more definitive answer.
    Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 11:45 AM
    I have posted in the C U forum about this and been told that almost all 2011's, both parks currently available, show this line. Will you check with the graders involved with this coin and verify that they are also seeing it? If you don't know if it effect the grade, how can you assign an accurate grade? Many forum members have reported they have submitted the 2011' for grading already. Don't you agree if the graders are seeing this line on many or only some examples, that the grade may be effected? Shouldn't this issue be addressed from the very first coin sent in for grading? Especially since you are now aware that there is an issue to take notice of? If you didn't know or didn't discover this until later, that one thing. But you have been made aware. To not act in some way is irresponsible.
    Even looking at that first coin it could be verified if the line is seen or not in that example. One forum member reported to me that he had 20 of each park and that every one had this line. Another member bought a monster box and reported that some but not all had the line. The percentage having or not having the line couldn't be determined because he was keeping some of the tubes sealed. To wait 2 months to ask again isn't the best answer. Why 2 months? What about the coins submitted within these 2 months? If it is determined that this line being visible effects the grade one way or another, would coins submitted before that decision be regraded for free? Isn't it your professional duty to address this from the start? You are professional, right? I don't want to come across as insulting because that is not my intent. However it seems as if you are dismissing this issue out of hand.
    I saw this line on both parks coins on the day I received them from from the dealer. One coin and not both could indicate some kind of limited minting, shipping or handling error. On both coins in exactly the same place and being reported by multiple forum members on most, but not all coins of both parks, indicates a problem that needs addressing.
    As the preeminent third party grading service, isn't it in your interest to get in front of issues effecting grading? To be the leader, be proactive? Not the "late to the party", sloppy reactive grading service? The next 2011 coin released may or may not have this line. I will certainly be looking. It could be on all of them, none of them or some of them. Would any of these scenarios effect the grading of those coins showing or not showing the line the line? The fact that it is on some parks, missing on others, on some of one park but not all of that park have any effect what so ever? Higher or lower or no effect doesn't matter. The effect on grading is the issue.
    Please respond before the first graded 2011 5oz coin completes the grading process and is sent to the owner.

Date: Fri, May 20, 2011 10:31 am
    As you wish, I will address this issue with the graders. Keep in mind; we are short staffed due to the Las Vegas members only show that PCGS is currently hosting. I will not be able to get you an answer to all of your questions until (at the earliest) late next week. The graders are working very hard but this has been about the length of time it takes to get an answer from the grading department when half of them are away.
    I do consider myself a professional.

Date: Tue, May 24, 2011 9:42 am
    Good Morning,
    Here is the response I received from the grading department:
    “This is an as struck quality on these coins due to the metal flowing into the dies during the strike. It has to do with the particular press and pressure being used at the time. Both 2010’s and 2011’s will have them to some degree. Some don’t have them at all, some have very strong ones. It is a neutral attribute to grading since it is as struck. However, it would never be seen as a positive grading attribute, only possibly negative if it has a very pronounced effect.”
    It might help other collectors for you to include this information on the CU forums that you were referring to.

• Options

<< <i>Don't even think about them for 15 working days and then start looking at your membership site for updates. They will arrive shortly thereafter and you will have less anguish. >>

I'm on the 17th working day. I just hope when I get them I"m not very disappointed. I just have this feeling that grading has gotten tougher. Nothing to justify that feeling.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This just in...

Good Afternoon,

Sincerely,

Cristy Cloud
    Customer Service

imageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimage >>

Hey Apmex, Hello????!!!!! - Sometimes when you are in a deep hole its best to stop digging it deeper. Stop shoveling. Best not to say anything at all, then offer that explanation. Srsly.

At least apmex didn't play the JHBC "experiment" card. Kudos.

The apmex A, B, C, D box identification and the apmex offer to buy back is marketing research. Pure and simple. Apmex knows exactly which customer got what type of set, be it A, B, C or D.

Random???? That's hysterically funny. image
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just opened my MTB set I has stored away, they all look DMPL. Now I gotta figure out if I should sell them or hold them. I'd like to keep a set but sure need the $ right now.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that "A"PMEX reply. Best comedy writing I've seen in a loooonnnnnnnggggg time and I'm referring to their actual email response. How can they say that it was random when we no better. Just solidifies my previous opinion of them and their business practices.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too found that reply from ampex to be pretty funny, and Look Who Has Another YELLOWSTONE I really hate Jack.........Jack Selling OUR Newest Yellowstone Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>I too found that reply from ampex to be pretty funny, and Look Who Has Another YELLOWSTONE I really hate Jack.........Jack Selling OUR Newest Yellowstone Enjoy image >>

Jack's two most recent listings are 69DMPLs. Must be part of their "experiment."
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    It is simple: Say NO to APMEX.

What a joke! Random. APMEX is the single most disguising dealer I had ever dealt with.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I too found that reply from ampex to be pretty funny, and Look Who Has Another YELLOWSTONE I really hate Jack.........Jack Selling OUR Newest Yellowstone Enjoy image >>

Jack's two most recent listings are 69DMPLs. Must be part of their "experiment." >>

I wish i could of had an experiment but jack kept my 69dmpl
  • Options

<< <i>

Jack's two most recent listings are 69DMPLs. Must be part of their "experiment." >>

jack should give the experiment customers a 150% discount on his 69dmpls what a scuzz
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just opened my MTB set I has stored away, they all look DMPL. Now I gotta figure out if I should sell them or hold them. I'd like to keep a set but sure need the $ right now. >>

Thank you! As a holder of 7 unopened sets from most of the APs I strongly urge more of you to open your sets image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting to receive my APMEX set. Guess I'll harass them tomorrow and see what's up (again).
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is simple: Say NO to APMEX.

What a joke! Random. APMEX is the single most disguising dealer I had ever dealt with. >>

This thread contains some of the greediest posts I've ever seen here. People shaking their fists in fury because they didn't get MS70DMPL BULLION coins. I emphasize BULLION as that's all this set is. And APMEX taking a beating for doing what?

Recap:

> the ATB set was sold UNDER spot - that's a great deal in my opinion, for both physical metal investors and puck collectors.

> the coins were shipped in bulk from the Mint to the APs - no separate capsules, ergo some dings and nicks expected. Why do you think PCGS wasn't assigning grades at first? I haven't seen anyone post that their APMEX coins were graded less than MS68. But hell, that's not good enough, is it?

> APMEX paid to get them graded - a bonus in itself! How much would it have cost for YOU to do that? Well, you already know as it's been posted hundreds of times on this thread.

> I truly believe it WAS a random process. So, sorry you didn't get your perfect pucks within a few days of ordering from them.

> The loudest complainers of this tempest in a teapot are the ones who wanted to immediately sell the sets on the Bay and score a huge profit.

Bottom line: The bullion coins are what they are, warts and all. That's why the Mint has the P version for collectors. Yet, a lot of complaints about that, too. Be satisfied with what you've got, especially MS68 and above. Since when is MS68 a dog?

This thread has some good info posted but the rest of the whining posts are a real turnoff.
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Chiefbob- You are missing the point, it's not about greed (unless you are an AP) but it is about ethics and intentions. Some of these distributors kept the best for themselves, or to reward their best customers - indirectly benefiting themselves. Also, you are making assumptions that the complainers are the ones who wanted to flip these coins - which is not true. I'm fine with the beat up bullion received, I'm not fine with the process of the way in which it was cherry-pucked.
  • Options

<< <i>

What a joke! Random. APMEX is the single most disguising dealer I had ever dealt with. >>

This thread contains some of the greediest posts I've ever seen here. People shaking their fists in fury because they didn't get MS70DMPL BULLION coins. I emphasize BULLION as that's all this set is. And APMEX taking a beating for doing what?

Recap:

> the ATB set was sold UNDER spot - AGREE!

> the coins were shipped in bulk from the Mint to the APs - i SENT IN 2 OF THE 5 BU FROM APMEX AND THEY GRADED MS67 AND MS64

> APMEX paid to get them graded - a bonus in itself! How much would it have cost for YOU to do that? Well, you already know as it's been posted hundreds of times on this thread. WHY GRADE THEM UNLESS YOU ARE WANTING TO SEPARATE THE GOOD FROM THE BAD.

> I truly believe it WAS a random process. So, sorry you didn't get your perfect pucks within a few days of ordering from them. OKAY, AND THE BOXES WERE LABELLED A-D FOR WHAT REASON? BEST/LONGEST CUSTOMERS RECEIVING THE PREMIUM COINS?

> The loudest complainers of this tempest in a teapot are the ones who wanted to immediately sell the sets on the Bay and score a huge profit. YOU DON'T KNOW THAT AND IT'S A BIG ASSUMPTION.

Bottom line: The bullion coins are what they are, warts and all. That's why the Mint has the P version for collectors. Yet, a lot of complaints about that, too. Be satisfied with what you've got, especially MS68 and above. Since when is MS68 a dog?

This thread has some good info posted but the rest of the whining posts are a real turnoff.

see replies above
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Chiefbob- You are missing the point, it's not about greed (unless you are an AP) but it is about ethics and intentions. Some of these distributors kept the best for themselves, or to reward their best customers - indirectly benefiting themselves. Also, you are making assumptions that the complainers are the ones who wanted to flip these coins - which is not true. I'm fine with the beat up bullion received, I'm not fine with the process of the way in which it was cherry-pucked. >>

Is there any proof of this assumption that they kept the best for themselves? Insider info?

Seriously, if they kept the best, how is it I got two MS69s and three 68DMPL? Others have reported the same thing. Is there speculation that the APs actually got MS70 pucks? At that point, the APs would be better graders than the TPGs if they could discern the difference.

No greed? Posters here moaning that they only got $100 more than they paid for the puck. That's a hellova return on investment to me.

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Chiefbob -so you beleive that apmex paid to get the coins graded out of the goodness of their little ole heart? Arggggggggggggg I just stepped in a pile. I got a D set myself but am in no way swayed in my opinion of what went down. Yes it is opinion based on the culmination of data there to be examined. I'm a scentist in real life and examine data and infer conclusions every day. Many times you must reach those conclusions with the caveat a stated level of certainty. Can I be 100% sure.........no. But when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......there is probably a pheasent near by. image I for one and many others here believe they are scum and will choose not to do business with them. That choice has nothing to do with greed I assure you but simply a matter of free choice and ethics. As far as whining......don't see it that way at all. These folks are very passionate about what they do and some have spent a lot of time and energy putting information together and sharing. I'm thankful for that.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else still waiting on their PB sets?? Diamond cashed my check last Wednesday................
  • Options

<< <i>Chiefbob -so you beleive that apmex paid to get the coins graded out of the goodness of their little ole heart? Arggggggggggggg I just stepped in a pile. I got a D set myself but am in no way swayed in my opinion of what went down. Yes it is opinion based on the culmination of data there to be examined. I'm a scentist in real life and examine data and infer conclusions every day. Many times you must reach those conclusions with the caveat a stated level of certainty. Can I be 100% sure.........no. But when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......there is probably a pheasent near by. image I for one and many others here believe they are scum and will choose not to do business with them. That choice has nothing to do with greed I assure you but simply a matter of free choice and ethics. As far as whining......don't see it that way at all. These folks are very passionate about what they do and some have spent a lot of time and energy putting information together and sharing. I'm thankful for that. >>

Agree with you 100 percent, some people buy the koolaid and some don't. They threw a bone out while keeping many DMPL sets, why would they send them to PCGS in stages? They bought junk, kept the best and gave out some mix bags. I will never buy anything from APMEX, they are scumbags on my book... I am happy for all the ones that got D boxes and sympathize for the ones that got the kaka filled A boxes.
  • Options

I am. Diamond should have got my PO money order on Monday.
  • Options
    I'm actually still waiting to hear from Diamond, its been weeks. Comes as a letter in the mail when they are ready to accept check. Correct?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Agree with you 100 percent, some people buy the koolaid and some don't. They threw a bone out while keeping many DMPL sets, why would they send them to PCGS in stages? They bought junk, kept the best and gave out some mix bags. I will never buy anything from APMEX, they are scumbags on my book... I am happy for all the ones that got D boxes and sympathize for the ones that got the kaka filled A boxes. >>

I hope you are right... as I am still waiting on my set, I'm hoping that they'll have to dip into their alleged stash to fill my order...
  • Options

<< <i>

Recap:

> the ATB set was sold UNDER spot - that's a great deal in my opinion, for both physical metal investors and puck collectors.

> the coins were shipped in bulk from the Mint to the APs - no separate capsules, ergo some dings and nicks expected. Why do you think PCGS wasn't assigning grades at first? I haven't seen anyone post that their APMEX coins were graded less than MS68. But hell, that's not good enough, is it?

> APMEX paid to get them graded - a bonus in itself! How much would it have cost for YOU to do that? Well, you already know as it's been posted hundreds of times on this thread.

> I truly believe it WAS a random process. So, sorry you didn't get your perfect pucks within a few days of ordering from them.

> The loudest complainers of this tempest in a teapot are the ones who wanted to immediately sell the sets on the Bay and score a huge profit.

This thread has some good info posted but the rest of the whining posts are a real turnoff. >>

You are missing the point, anf if you think ampex is fine than my bet you thought jack hunt was even better.Its done and Over for all those who fought for the injustice while others sat on there hands. The Mint has decided to let these good old boys get by and now with no rules. Hey don't be surprised when you start seeing all the new ones being offered in MS69 dmpl from certain AP"s. Its already been proven they cheated and I for one would have love to throw a class action lawsuit on the mint and the ap's. Force all the records out into the public. Than and only Than would some of you Grasp what has happen. This will continue on with the rest of the bullion versions. This is Jacks 3rd yellowstone on his own site and than his buddies 6 yellowstones, wonder when the rest of the 69dmpl grand canyon, and the rest will show up. But the mint lawyers are too busy have power lunches and golf outings to protest the american public...............Enjoyimage

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Tommy, I agree with you 100%.
  • Options
    Seriously, if they kept the best, how is it I got two MS69s and three 68DMPL? Others have reported the same thing. Is there speculation that the APs actually got MS70 pucks? At that point, the APs would be better graders than the TPGs if they could discern the difference image.imageimageFunny you ask for Proof? I have Proof Jack's coins he is selling are all in between numbers that I have received from members. There are all in the same batch. Fact Not One 69dmpl came out of Jack. Fact ampex sending out radom experimentat boxes, whatever. With all the sets they have now bought back, What do you think those were for? I agree proof is one thing but with all the evidence agaisnt jack Alone The mint should have gotten off there fat %%#$#$$ and taken this AP's on . I also notice how happy you are getting 3 68dmpls and 2 69's ask yourelf where are the 69 dmpl? and the pl? If you don't believe there hanging onto the best than may i suggest a better pair of glasses. Enjoy image thks pitboss

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    It's like playing poker with a dealer who has a marked deck. Yea, he throws a bone to his buddy but how come I keep losing and he has a royal flush? I guess I should be happy that he dealt me the five cards I was expecting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file