Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No kiddin' -- I got my confirmation from PB, but still no shipping invoice. Has anyone sent a USPS MO to expedite their shipping? >>

I'm still waiting, but i'll be sending a cashiers check. >>

Too many fake cashiers checks out there - USPS MO's have better security...just an FYI.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Failed attempt to copy & post from photo bucket.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Parade O' Bullion marches on....

Olympic National Park 5 Ounce Silver Bullion Coin Release >>

Beautiful coin! Maybe my favorite so far. image >>

I hope silver tanks so I can buy a few (family and such). I want this design and don't care about most of the others....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm out on a trip, but, my wife said I got a "D" box. She said 4 were 69PLs and 1 69 DMPL. Didn't say which was the DMPL.
    The only thing I can think of for getting a "D" box was that I was one of the 1st for the ATB alert last year. I've bought 4-5 orders from Apmex for a total of $1500???
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Mariner, go into photobucket and put the mouse over the photo you want. A little window will pop up with share options. Click the text it gives for "IMG Code." It will say "copied."

Then paste into your reply. There are other ways to do it too, but that's what I do.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
    OK, hopefully here goes.
    This is the whitish gunk on my Glacier ATB from Provident.
    This is after 45 min in acetone.
    Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
    Many thanks to PinkFloyd and Kudbegud for your help!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These coins are a trip -- I feel like I'm looking through a Hubble Telescope. Alpha centauri?

I've never seen anything like that. Is it a discoloration/stain?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Hello all, been reading this and other topics that interest me for while and I mainly post on the currency side.

Anywho - My brother got a D box and here are the grades. He was in round one (lottery selection).

HS ms 69
    GC 69PL
    Yellowstone 69PL
    Yosemite 69DMPL
    Mount Hood 69DMPL

• << <i> This is the whitish gunk on my Glacier ATB from Provident. >>

Looks like a sneeze pattern....really.......but sneeze remnants would have been removed by acetone.
  • rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Another day and my APMEX set still hasnt shipped.

• << <i>

<< <i> This is the whitish gunk on my Glacier ATB from Provident. >>

Looks like a sneeze pattern....really.......but sneeze remnants would have been removed by acetone. >>

That sucks. I have no idea what that is but it gives George the look of having bad dandruff.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

My set from Provident has it too. Discouraging. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< This is the whitish gunk on my Glacier ATB from Provident. >> >>

Are you sure it's gunk and not just die wear? I have seen similar patterns on other pucks that was just die wear. If the pattern is in the exact same place on the pucks, then it's high;y likely to be die wear (and just as unlikely to be sneeze gunk or any other gunk for that matter).
    As a newbie I don't know what it is.
    Perhaps others who have it also and are more experienced can chime in.
    All help/insight as usual is greatly appreciated!
    Seperately, got thru to the mint by phone in 10 minutes and placed an order for the Yellowstone P.
    The woman told me she would never trust internet orders on a "drop day" because in the past large numbers or internet placed orders were somehow lost and could not be retreived.
    For what its worth.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    4 those waiting for AP shipments of "NON" BU-First Strike", the window is going to be tight......

Gettysburg Bullion Issue (5oz $.25) May 31st

Glacier Bullion Issue ($5oz $.25) May 31st

I am not sure many of these have started shipping yet.

(l8-)>>

• << <i>Seperately, got thru to the mint by phone in 10 minutes and placed an order for the Yellowstone P.
    The woman told me she would never trust internet orders on a "drop day" because in the past large numbers or internet placed orders were somehow lost and could not be retreived.
    For what its worth. >>

...and that is called a self directed plug for her job security

• << <i>4 those waiting for AP shipments of "NON" BU-First Strike", the window is going to be tight......

Gettysburg Bullion Issue (5oz $.25) May 31st

Glacier Bullion Issue ($5oz $.25) May 31st

I am not sure many of these have started shipping yet. >>

Got my tube of 10 Gettys yesterday....
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i> ....... The woman told me she would never trust internet orders on a "drop day" because in the past large numbers or internet placed orders were somehow lost and could not be retreived.
    For what its worth. >>

In an age of automation, a live customer service rep is a dying breed. Take what she said with a grain (or 2) of salt. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • I just received my AMPEX set. "B" box. Grades as follows:

HS 68DM
    YS 68DM
    YOS 68PL
    GC 68PL
    MH 68DM

I also had an AMARK and JH set. The AMARK set is comparable, except maybe 1 DM, The JH is s@#t. I have no complaints 68s are good and to those "D" boxers, 69s kick butt.
  • What is with this one??? Pocket piece for a week or two???

Duh!
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>What is with this one??? Pocket piece for a week or two???

Duh! >>

Be the first to start an "everyman" set of pucks.
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

My APMEX box came last night.I slept on it and opened it today.I have a C box.Have spent about $500 on various silver one ouncers over the last year.Didnt get popcorn for x masSo these are the grades:
    HS..MS69..F/S

Yellow..MS69 PL..F/S

Yosemite.MS69 PL..F/S

GC.MS69..F/S

Mt.Hood.MS68DPL..F/S

So I think I did pretty good for $929.

Good luck to all who are still waiting

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Duh! >>

Be the first to start an "everyman" set of pucks. >>

big pockets.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>

Duh! >>

Wow what a piece of crap. Thats pure bullion, crack it out and move on.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Duh! >>

I've got a couple from JHBC that looks exactly like that.
  • blue594blue594 Posts: 550
    My APMEX arrived last night also.
    I got a "D" box. I have ordered from them before over the last couple of years, but nothing really big.

All PCGS First Strike.

Mt Hood - MS69DMPL

Yellowstone - MS69PL
    Grand Canyon - MS69PL
    Yosemite - MS69PL

Hot Springs - MS69

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.

• << <i>

<< <i>

Duh! >>

Wow what a piece of crap. Thats pure bullion, crack it out and move on. >>

What the heck does AU58 mean?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Duh! >>

Wow what a piece of crap. Thats pure bullion, crack it out and move on. >>

What the heck does AU58 mean? >>

almost uncirculated
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What the heck does AU58 mean? >>

In this case, heavy abuse!
  • Link

FIrst two 2011 pucks showing almost sold out from the mint. Distributers have them all now I'm sure. These numbers are from May 8th. Seems fast to me. But the demand will drop on these image
  • RockdogzRockdogz Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Got my APMEX 'D' box:

GC 69PL
    HS 69PL
    MH 69DMPL
    YEL 69PL
    YOS 69PL

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

And my APMEX set finally shipped yesterday. I hope I didnt get no damn rejects. Unless they were reserving the best for last I think I will get the shaft on this one....we'll see
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

image >>

PCGS seems to have gotten harsher on their grading lately. Got back some surprisingly low grades of out of a cherrypicked submission a few days ago.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
    Don't know if it has been mentioned but...
    Jack Hunt has another Yellowstone 69DMPL on eBay....BIN is $1899!
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't know if it has been mentioned but...
    Jack Hunt has another Yellowstone 69DMPL on eBay....BIN is $1899! >>

Oh but you better watch what you say jack could sue you lol its the same picture as his first one WHICH was only 20 numbers off from what a member who took the time and reported to me. THis is another one out the back door that he Borrowed from all of us, jack took the best and sent the rest of the crap to us..............EnJoy imageAnother one of our coins that jack borrowed from the experiment Can someone ask the question on ebay to him and see what the new coin number is. Tell him you noticed it was the same picture as the first one. He will not answer my emails image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have asked him for the correct coin #.
  • Anyone know where to order capsules to fit these pucks before sending to PCGS??
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know where to order capsules to fit these pucks before sending to PCGS?? >>

Anyone know where to find pvc free flips for these pucks that also will fit a capsule in it??

• << <i>

<< <i>Anyone know where to order capsules to fit these pucks before sending to PCGS?? >>

Anyone know where to find pvc free flips for these pucks that also will fit a capsule in it?? >>

Anyone know where to find a box to fit these pucks into for shipping and oh yes what about bubble wrap?
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

I ordered mine from:

http://www.air-tites.com/america_the_beautiful_coin_holders.htm

• << <i>Anyone know where to order capsules to fit these pucks before sending to PCGS?? >>

I have some extra air-tite capsules that are designed for these big coins. PM me and we can work something out.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Anyone know where to find pvc free flips for these pucks that also will fit a capsule in it?? >>

Anyone know where to find a box to fit these pucks into for shipping and oh yes what about bubble wrap? >>

I also got Air-tites.

I haven't been able to find the flips that DG sent their coins in.

Shipping, use the USPS flat rate box. All 5 can fit in a small one, if you want more room, move up to the medium.

Bubble wrap, your local office supply store.

• I also have new 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" acid free flips (same as DG used) if anyone wants some for sending big ATBs in for grading or as storage.
  • My set has everything going for it.

Shipped late because I sent payment about the last day possible and from what I've seen so far it looks like results reported are getting better. I put in a special request for proof like coins. I do quite a bit of business with Apmex. Invoice had platinum member printed on it (not sure what the means but it was there).

My white box is a 'no letter'. Yeah, nothing written in the corner.

So the results:
    68PL, 68PL, BU, BU, 68DMPL Yosemite

I'm thinking distribution was pretty random image Fair in my book. I was not one of the lucky ones this time.

• << <i>My set has everything going for it.

Shipped late because I sent payment about the last day possible and from what I've seen so far it looks like results reported are getting better. I put in a special request for proof like coins. I do quite a bit of business with Apmex. Invoice had platinum member printed on it (not sure what the means but it was there).

So the results:

I'm thinking distribution was pretty random image Fair in my book. I was not one of the lucky ones this time. >>

I got marginally worse as an "A". I bet you might have got somebody's return or $1100 buyback since it was such a late order

<< <i>

<< <i>My set has everything going for it.

So the results:

I'm thinking distribution was pretty random image Fair in my book. I was not one of the lucky ones this time. >>

I got marginally worse as an "A". I bet you might have got somebody's return or $1100 buyback since it was such a late order >>

Im afraid I may be getting somebody's return or $1,100 buyback, my order was actually shipped yesterday which is 4 days after the promised date

• << <i>

I have some extra air-tite capsules that are designed for these big coins. PM me and we can work something out. >>

If you enable your PM function I will do that... thanks
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    platinum member here, hasn't shipped yet and furthermore three times they've promised they will ship 'tomorrow.'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file