Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I speculate the A, B, C and D box identification is for when apmex has distributed all its allotment of pucks. Apmex went to a lot of trouble to sort these pucks -and- solicit sales back to them.

The solicitation is in the letter inside my A box, it's on the label on my A box and that message was in a mass email a couple of weeks ago. Apmex will buy 'em back. After the distribution, look for a buy-back restructuring price beyond the current $1100 / set, that's my prediction.

My guess is A will = 1100, B = 1250, C = 1450 and D = 1700 buy back values.

No way Apmex sticks with $1100 / set considering what they sent out. And like the letter enclosed in my A box says "Apmex will continue to make markets in the America the Beautiful collection and will be pleased to offer extremely competitive prices should you decide to sell."

"Make markets" Ugh. Meaningless buzz-phrase crapola.

I expect follow up emails from apmex targeted at specific recipients to buy your set, based on what was shipped to you. A, B, C or D.

Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    I really hope the reporters from "Coin World" or "Coinage" read this post and write a report on this. APMEX should be able to get a free PR, hopefully helps their sale. Great Job, Nicely Done, APMEX!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Let's face it , they blew it and got caught. Now they say it was an experiment and are trying to cover their a$$ by now giving them out

randomly which they had no intention of doing originally . WHAT A JOKE ! Tommy is right they have created a mess for themselves but it will not

hurt them in the long run as we here on the board are very unimportant in their scheme of things and really do not create any wealth to them

being just small potatoes. The mint does not care so I say we move on and not deal with the people that did us wrong. >>

The AP`s should not have graded coins But it was JHCB that was calling it an experiment and they are the ones that really screwed everyone they did not send any DMPL`s out to anyone. >>

Abadasp....the bolded part is actually incorrect. JHCB DID send out DMPLs.....but they were MS68 or below. I recall more than a few posts that people had received DMPLs from them (as did I).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see someone in my area has an "A"PMEX "D" box up for sale on Craig's list, asking price $5995! I wonder what a nice grade "A" box could command! image

Maine_Jim
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    For reference, "A" box skunk grade boxes should bring approx $1,600 on ebay.
  • Options
    Just picked up my Apmex box from my brother... the dreaded "A"... bummer
    BU Mt Hood
    68PL Grand Canyon
    68PL Yosemite
    68 Hot Springs
    BU Yellowstone
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see someone in my area has an "A"PMEX "D" box up for sale on Craig's list, asking price $5995! I wonder what a nice grade "A" box could command! image >>

A "D" box won't command $6000.

One of their D boxes could be assembled off eBay for a lot less.

Direct your disgust toward the ridiculous selling price.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I picked up my Apmex set yesterday.
    I'm a gold member, received a D box.

I Got 5 x MS69PL.

Kind of cool to get a matched set, but I think I'd prefer to have gotten a DMPL or two along with a non-PL.
    Not complaining though. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Let's face it , they blew it and got caught. Now they say it was an experiment and are trying to cover their a$$ by now giving them out

randomly which they had no intention of doing originally . WHAT A JOKE ! Tommy is right they have created a mess for themselves but it will not

hurt them in the long run as we here on the board are very unimportant in their scheme of things and really do not create any wealth to them

being just small potatoes. The mint does not care so I say we move on and not deal with the people that did us wrong. >>

The AP`s should not have graded coins But it was JHCB that was calling it an experiment and they are the ones that really screwed everyone they did not send any DMPL`s out to anyone. >>

Abadasp....the bolded part is actually incorrect. JHCB DID send out DMPLs.....but they were MS68 or below. I recall more than a few posts that people had received DMPLs from them (as did I). >>

You are correct I just didn't count 68DMPL`s as being fair.
  • Options
    HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭
    Am I an idiot for refusing an $1800 offer for a sealed apmex set? These pucks are all over the place price wise. I just have to know what's inside my box though! (I still have another offer for $1800 from another buyer!) The apmex sets seem to be holding around $1500 for opened A sets so the $300 difference isn't that big of an incentive ...
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Need help please.
    Received a Glacier ATB from Provident and there is a whitish powder looking clunky bumpy stuff on George's face.
    I put it in acetone for 45 minutes and it is still there.
    It is a bummer and looks bad.
    What is it?
    Is there anything I can do? Longer acetone?
    Thanks in advance.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geo on blow?

Got a pic? Always helps. Sounds like mold, but doesn't grow well on .999 silver.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    About the A,B,C,D type boxes.....

Other than opening them, is there a distinguishible letter on the outside to determine which one you have?
  • Options
    My Glacier from Provident also has some kind of residue on it.
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Well...just spoke to a APMEX CS rep concerning my order and she said it would ship today or tomorrow. Not sure what is going on but I really hope to get something good out of this set. Waiting beyond their promised date without even so much as notice is poor customer service.
  • Options
    For those keeping score I received a "D" APMEX set last Thursday. All First Strikes...

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS69PL
    MH MS69PL

I'm a repeat customer, but not a popcorn recipient. This helps make up for my first rd of beat up Fidelitrade pucks and raw Jack Hunts. Luck of the draw with all APs.

I'd like to buy the 2011s from AMark, but they really need to adjust their price based on the value of silver.
  • Options

<< <i>Need help please.
    Received a Glacier ATB from Provident and there is a whitish powder looking clunky bumpy stuff on George's face.
    I put it in acetone for 45 minutes and it is still there.
    It is a bummer and looks bad.
    What is it?
    Is there anything I can do? Longer acetone?
    Thanks in advance. >>

Try cloudy ammonia
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Question about PCGS grading.

PCGS told me if I request a minimum grade, like 68, they would send the less than 68's back raw, they said they would not put the less than 68's in a BU holder. They said that the BU holders were only from Bulk submissions.

My question is: Are bulk submitters allowed to get their 'less than 68's' in a BU holder or do they have to send in a bulk submission and have them ALL graded or ALL put in BU holders?

• Options

<< <i>Well...just spoke to a APMEX CS rep concerning my order and she said it would ship today or tomorrow. Not sure what is going on but I really hope to get something good out of this set. Waiting beyond their promised date without even so much as notice is poor customer service. >>

I can picture the APMEX CS rep as the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. After hanging the phone up with you, he says "Box A for you!", Next!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those keeping score I received a "D" APMEX set last Thursday. All First Strikes...

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS69PL
    MH MS69PL

I'm a repeat customer, but not a popcorn recipient. This helps make up for my first rd of beat up Fidelitrade pucks and raw Jack Hunts. Luck of the draw with all APs.

I'd like to buy the 2011s from AMark, but they really need to adjust their price based on the value of silver. >>

Got my box this AM as I headed out to work. Opened it up and took a super quick look. "D" box as well. Have been a repeat customer for the last 4-5 years, but definitely not a "popcorn" recipient.
    Got similar grades as well. All PCGS FS. ALL MS69 of some type. NO DMPLs image

Now, I have 2 complete sets of PCGS FS. Some MS68 DMPL. The set similar to above. And, 2 BU. About time to figure out what to do (ie....sell both or keep one and sell one set and, if so, then which ones to keep and which to sell....).

Do MS68 DMPL do better than MS69 or MS69PL?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Question about PCGS grading.

PCGS told me if I request a minimum grade, like 68, they would send the less than 68's back raw, they said they would not put the less than 68's in a BU holder. They said that the BU holders were only from Bulk submissions.

My question is: Are bulk submitters allowed to get their 'less than 68's' in a BU holder or do they have to send in a bulk submission and have them ALL graded or ALL put in BU holders? >>

They can specify, but there are differing fees based on the number that don't make the grade and those that do.

look at the bulk submission agreement.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For those keeping score I received a "D" APMEX set last Thursday. All First Strikes...

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS69PL
    MH MS69PL

I'd like to buy the 2011s from AMark, but they really need to adjust their price based on the value of silver. >>

Got my box this AM as I headed out to work. Opened it up and took a super quick look. "D" box as well. Have been a repeat customer for the last 4-5 years, but definitely not a "popcorn" recipient.
    Got similar grades as well. All PCGS FS. ALL MS69 of some type. NO DMPLs image

Now, I have 2 complete sets of PCGS FS. Some MS68 DMPL. The set similar to above. And, 2 BU. About time to figure out what to do (ie....sell both or keep one and sell one set and, if so, then which ones to keep and which to sell....).

Do MS68 DMPL do better than MS69 or MS69PL? >>

I have no idea.

rank these in order of price realized:
    69DMPL
    69PL
    68DMPL
    68PL

I can guess 69DMPL and 68 will stay where they are.

The rest???

I was just looking at the three 69 levels on eBay last night and there were not that many that have sold.

It's hard for me to guess where they'd finish (pun!).

• Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>

<< <i>Well...just spoke to a APMEX CS rep concerning my order and she said it would ship today or tomorrow. Not sure what is going on but I really hope to get something good out of this set. Waiting beyond their promised date without even so much as notice is poor customer service. >>

I can picture the APMEX CS rep as the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. After hanging the phone up with you, he says "Box A for you!", Next! >>

Considering the situation I was actually very nice to the rep...she is not at fault and just looks up info. I just wish they could give me a concrete update thats all. It is frustrating but at the very least I hope I can get them before my upcoming move. I'd hate to have that much money just floating around.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my box this AM as I headed out to work. Opened it up and took a super quick look. "D" box as well. Have been a repeat customer for the last 4-5 years, but definitely not a "popcorn" recipient. Got similar grades as well. All PCGS FS. ALL MS69 of some type. NO DMPLs Now, I have 2 complete sets of PCGS FS. Some MS68 DMPL. The set similar to above. And, 2 BU. About time to figure out what to do (ie....sell both or keep one and sell one set and, if so, then which ones to keep and which to sell....). Do MS68 DMPL do better than MS69 or MS69PL? >> >>

Right now the MS69 versions are doing better, but that may not hold in the long run (excluding, of course, the 69 DMPLs). After the set becomes more settled in and a collector base develops, I think the condition count numbers will start having more influence. Look at the Pop reports. The Grand Canyon 68 and 69 DMPLs combined are less than each of the other designs MS69 DMPL counts. Each of the other designs has twice the amount of 68/69 DMPLs than GC. That says to me that when everything has settled down in a couple years, the GC DMPL, whether in 68 or 69, will be the key, at leaast to the first year set. If someone wants a high grade DMPL set, they HAVE to go through the Grand Canyon. JMHO, and it ain't worth a plugged nickel right now...
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the A,B,C,D type boxes.....

Other than opening them, is there a distinguishible letter on the outside to determine which one you have?

My shipping box has the number 8490 in purple magic marker on one of its sides. My inside box was a "D" box.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got my box this AM as I headed out to work. Opened it up and took a super quick look. "D" box as well. Have been a repeat customer for the last 4-5 years, but definitely not a "popcorn" recipient. Got similar grades as well. All PCGS FS. ALL MS69 of some type. NO DMPLs Now, I have 2 complete sets of PCGS FS. Some MS68 DMPL. The set similar to above. And, 2 BU. About time to figure out what to do (ie....sell both or keep one and sell one set and, if so, then which ones to keep and which to sell....). Do MS68 DMPL do better than MS69 or MS69PL? >> >>

Right now the MS69 versions are doing better, but that may not hold in the long run (excluding, of course, the 69 DMPLs). After the set becomes more settled in and a collector base develops, I think the condition count numbers will start having more influence. Look at the Pop reports. The Grand Canyon 68 and 69 DMPLs combined are less than each of the other designs MS69 DMPL counts. Each of the other designs has twice the amount of 68/69 DMPLs than GC. That says to me that when everything has settled down in a couple years, the GC DMPL, whether in 68 or 69, will be the key, at leaast to the first year set. If someone wants a high grade DMPL set, they HAVE to go through the Grand Canyon. JMHO, and it ain't worth a plugged nickel right now... >>

I'll give anyone a plugged nickel for a GC 69DMPL image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the numbers for the ampex crap set I sold back to them, anyone getting a set in the next couple weeks, being that they assured the mint they have sold there allotment these buyback ones should not show up on anyone who had an order before but will see........19570928,,,19992066,, 19983080,,19984385,,19502525..........................................image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ca0100000ca0100000 Posts: 362 ✭✭
    I received a "D" APMEX set today.

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS68DMPL
    MH MS69DMPL

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    The Parade O' Bullion marches on....

Olympic National Park 5 Ounce Silver Bullion Coin Release

May 16, 2011 By Michael Zielinski

The United States Mint has provided details for the next release of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin Program. T
    he 5 ounce silver coins featuring Olympic National Park will go on sale to authorized purchasers on May 23, 2011.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Received APMEX "D" box as well - MH MS69DMPL, all other 4 MS69PL, not bad at all - happy APMEX customer again image

First graded set in my hands to compare with - now also sending 8 more pucks to PCGS, mine look no worse then these 69PL, hopefully can score one or more 69DMPL out of them as I picked the best looking 8 out of 6 ungraded sets. Wish me luck...
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My head hurts with all of this... what's the mintages on the non-P ATB coins?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>My head hurts with all of this... what's the mintages on the non-P ATB coins? >>

what year?

2010 issues are 33,000 each.

So far for 2011 Gettysburg and Glacier are over 125,000 each.

• Options

<< <i>The Parade O' Bullion marches on....

Olympic National Park 5 Ounce Silver Bullion Coin Release

May 16, 2011 By Michael Zielinski

The United States Mint has provided details for the next release of the America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin Program. The 5 ounce silver coins featuring Olympic National Park will go on sale to authorized purchasers on May 23, 2011. >>

Hey mister, can you spare a quarter?

I'm goin broke! image
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the weekend a poster said he wished Coin World reporters were reading this forum
    and would do an investigative report. Well, I emailed the editor and requested they look
    into the shenanigans being perpetrated. I actually got a response from a reporter assigned
    to the story by the editor. His first paragraph hinted at the path he was going to take. He didn't
    understand what the concern was. HUH? He must not have read many posts. He also said
    he was awaiting responses from Jack Hunt and APMEX. What does he expect them to say?
    Yeah, I played fast and loose with the rules? Yeah I cherry picked the highest grades for my
    self? Yeah I back door cut in my buddy dealer to distribute outside the mints guidelines?

Who was compiling details that you would want this reporter to know about? I can't remember
    who. Please PM me and I will forward the reporters email to you so you can add your research
    to my response. More voices should equal a greater effort on Coin Worlds part. I won't reply
    to the reporter until I hear from the forum.

Or, should it just be copied here for all to see and respond to? I wouldn't want to thwart the
    investigation by the wrong approach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I would encourage everyone to speak up.

However, be careful about what you speak up about.

For example, the eBay auction of a single coin for a large amount is suspicious, but it's not absolute proof that the AP agreement was broken.

I have been one of the major complainers to the Mint.

shoot me a PM.

• Options
    A friend just got their APMEX D Box and contained the following coins.

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS69PL
    MH MS69DMPL

• Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    I just got mine it was d box
    YS ms69pl
    HS ms69pl
    YO ms69pl
    GC ms69pl
    MH ms69dmpl

I have only order one time befor this order and it was a bunch of albums when they did the closeouts and stopped selling most of that stuff
    anyway just figured mine as well add my 2 cents.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would encourage everyone to speak up.

For example, the eBay auction of a single coin for a large amount is suspicious, but it's not absolute proof that the AP agreement was broken.

shoot me a PM. >>

Serioulyt though, didn't it all fall apart with the flood of 69s that APMEX has mailed out?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

Olympic National Park 5 Ounce Silver Bullion Coin Release >>

Beautiful coin! Maybe my favorite so far. image
  • Options
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would encourage everyone to speak up.

shoot me a PM. >>

Serioulyt though, didn't it all fall apart with the flood of 69s that APMEX has mailed out? >>

While APMEX may not have technically violated mint guidelines they bent the spirit by sorting and non random distribution. Perfectly within their right if not entirely fair. Jack Hunt on the other hand appears to have bent the rules past the breaking point. Evidence posted here with time line coincidence beyond credulity makes it hard to believe otherwise.

• Options

<< <i>

Beautiful coin! Maybe my favorite so far. image >>

I really like this one as well. I might be in for a tube of these. Does anyone think that any of the AP's will sell tubes of these coins like they would with silver eagles?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Beautiful coin! Maybe my favorite so far. image >>

I really like this one as well. I might be in for a tube of these. Does anyone think that any of the AP's will sell tubes of these coins like they would with silver eagles? >>

I would think if you bought 10 and asked for the tube it came in, that they seller would include the tube in the purchase.
  • Options

<< <i>I received a "D" APMEX set today.

HS MS69
    YEL MS69
    YOS MS69PL
    GC MS68DMPL
    MH MS69DMPL >>

Wow a D box with a 68 DMPL thats a first I think
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my shipping form from PB's shipper in the mail today. PB's system is by far the slowest of all the AP's!! So I put my $65 check in the mail and now have to wait for them to get it, hold it till it clears and wait for the Registered package to arrive. Another good 2 weeks of waiting on top of 4 weeks to this point. What a longggg process!!
  • Options
    No kiddin' -- I got my confirmation from PB, but still no shipping invoice. Has anyone sent a USPS MO to expedite their shipping?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can someone please direct me to how to post a photo with a reply?
    I can't find any onto on how to do it in "help".
    Thanks
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    I have not been tracking all the apmex D boxes, but it seems like they are getting less 69dmpls?

Interesting too that most contain the Mt Hood ms69dmpl's. Do the pop's reflect this?
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No kiddin' -- I got my confirmation from PB, but still no shipping invoice. Has anyone sent a USPS MO to expedite their shipping? >>

I'm still waiting, but i'll be sending a cashiers check.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Sorry, can someone please direct me to how to post a photo with a reply?
    I can't find any onto on how to do it in "help".
    Thanks >>

I use Photobucket to host images. It's free. Upload into Photobucket, or something like it, and then copy and paste the image code into your reply.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file