Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Rec'd DG set yesterday, I think it was 937 + a stamp...

And finally, my last 4.O LB Jack Hunt box has shipped expected delivery tomorrow...image
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>Did you pay $1159 for them? If so you are upside down on that transaction. They were advertised and invoiced as NGC Gem BUs so I'd be ticked if thats what you got instead. >>

No. I paid $937 delivered from DG. I never saw any mention of NGC certified pieces.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I received my Apmex set just a few minutes ago and it was a "D" box.
    Just like the other "D" boxes

Grandam set is still the best!!!

MOUNT HOOD MS69DMPL
    GRAND CANYON MS69PL
    YOSEMITE MS69PL
    YELLOWSTONE MS69DMPL
    HOT SPRINGS MS69

This is the best set out of 4 that I received and I din't have to grade them.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>I received my Apmex set just a few minutes ago and it was a "D" box.

MOUNT HOOD MS69DMPL
    GRAND CANYON MS69PL
    YOSEMITE MS69PL
    YELLOWSTONE MS69DMPL
    HOT SPRINGS MS69

Joe >>

Well done! Congratulations.
  • Options
    I need a yellowstone 69DMPL Ill trade you my D box for your D box. Doesn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D box!

HS - MS69
    YS - MS69DMPL
    YO - MS69PL
    GC - MS69PL
    MH - MS69DMPL

If I can get a D box, anyone can. image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming up from Oregon this morning. Of course, it won't be processed and on a truck today, and they aren't open/working on the weekends (UPS), so that means it will sit over the weekend and be attempted to deliver on Monday (and, I won't be home to sign).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>D box!

HS - MS69
    YS - MS69DMPL
    YO - MS69PL
    GC - MS69PL
    MH - MS69DMPL

If I can get a D box, anyone can. image >>

Congrats, identical to mine.

Who is gonna get 3 DMPL's

Maybe Bochiman

They may only have "D" boxes left?

• Options
    An As Yet Unmentioned Storage Option for the 5oz Silver Coins -- Plus a Potential NT(?) Option

I talked with a mint sales person today who said someone brought in some silver 5oz coins looking for something to put them in.

He sold them:
    Deluxe Blue Presentation Case for 3" Medal (022) $8.00

He said it was a perfect fit, but doesn't think they will fit the capsules and coin, just the coin fits in.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Long time Apmex customer here. I received the "D" box.

MOUNT HOOD MS69DMPL First Strike

GRAND CANYON MS69PL First Strike

YOSEMITE MS69PL First Strike

YELLOWSTONE MS69PL First Strike

HOT SPRINGS MS69 First Strike
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that APMEX has released a slew of really crappy PCGS BU coins...which I'm so thrilled to have received...do you think the value of the AMARK PCGS BU coins have lost value? The AMARKs that I received are likely 68s and 69s while these cherry picked dogs from APMEX are coaster quality. With APMEX reaching a new low here I'm guessing they've lost a lot of potential repeat new customers. Of course if you were a regular customer and was rewarded for past business I'm sure there is a big smile on your face. If I was a repeat customer and got an "A" box I'd really be PO'd.

Maine_Jim
  • Options

<< <i>Now that APMEX has released a slew of really crappy PCGS BU coins...which I'm so thrilled to have received...do you think the value of the AMARK PCGS BU coins have lost value? The AMARKs that I received are likely 68s and 69s while these cherry picked dogs from APMEX are coaster quality. With APMEX reaching a new low here I'm guessing they've lost a lot of potential repeat new customers. Of course if you were a regular customer and was rewarded for past business I'm sure there is a big smile on your face. If I was a repeat customer and got an "A" box I'd really be PO'd.

Maine_Jim >>

I'd say no, the Amarks were Choice BU, not just BU, and I think the BU Apmex label is an indicator of BS... image
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm envious of you late-receivers of the APMEXs. It almost looks like the later orders got the last tier of higher grade boxes.

Never thought we'd see 69DMs in these. The early bird got the dregs this time. Congrats!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, but, anyone with "D" Boxes order with the new APMEX app with their phone and avoid the shipping and handling charges?
    I did, but, mind is still being shipped UPS ground and won't be delivered until Monday.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Picking my apmex set from UPS tonight at their distribution center. Have to wait til 8 PM, but can't wait til Monday. I just gotta know. Bought a FS PCGS 69 DMPL Gettysburg today only because I like this coin. I will just select a few DMPLs in the future including the Fort McHenry since I am from Maryland for the bullion versions. Sticking with the Mint's P versions for now. With 8 sets of the 2010s I think I might be able to get a 69 DMPL set out of these 8. Hopefully, Apmex's box today will make it easier.
  • Options

<< <i>Picking my apmex set from UPS tonight at their distribution center. Have to wait til 8 PM, but can't wait til Monday. I just gotta know. Bought a FS PCGS 69 DMPL Gettysburg today only because I like this coin. I will just select a few DMPLs in the future including the Fort McHenry since I am from Maryland for the bullion versions. Sticking with the Mint's P versions for now. With 8 sets of the 2010s I think I might be able to get a 69 DMPL set out of these 8. Hopefully, Apmex's box today will make it easier. >>

11 sets still missing yellowstone and yosemite in DMPL good luck it might happen.
  • Options

<< <i>Just a thought, but, anyone with "D" Boxes order with the new APMEX app with their phone and avoid the shipping and handling charges?
    I did, but, mind is still being shipped UPS ground and won't be delivered until Monday. >>

I did the phone/no shipping cost method. Mine will be here today and I'll report in. Maybe if I set out cookies and milk the UPS guy will hurry up get here?!?!?!
  • Options
    Received my APMEX box today from UPS.

"D" Box

MOUNT HOOD MS69DMPL
    GRAND CANYON MS68DMPL
    YOSEMITE MS69DMPL
    YELLOWSTONE MS69MPL
    HOT SPRINGS MS69PL
    Gary
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    So, aahhh, brain attack or whatever....
    is there a difference between the A-Mark "Choice BU" and the APMEX "BU"?
    different grade thresholds?
    Thanks
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to all those getting D boxes! <--I really mean this, not joking.

Now back to conspiracy theories.

APMEX must be getting to the bottom of thier pile and the E boxes will soon be out.

Now lets help APMEX out and send them some culls so they can recycle them out as part of thier first 3300 sets. That way they won't have to part with the valuable E boxes...
  • Options
    Duplicate.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Just received my APMEX D box

Hot Springs MS69 FS
    Yosemite MS69PL FS
    Yellowstone MS69DMPL FS
    Mt Hood MS69DMPL FS
    Grand Canyon MS68DMPL
  • Options
    I got "a" box. I will not buy from APMEX. Also, for those have a better set, please follow my logic, don't buy from them any more. I think all the first time buyer will not buy from them any more. Apmex will have some bad sets for the coming year. They need to unload to someone. If you are not sure you are at the top of list, you might get the crap. It is that simple.
  • Options

<< <i>So, aahhh, brain attack or whatever....
    Thanks >>

I thought I had read about 8,000 posts back that an interview/article was done with PCGS regarding the Choice v. Gem labels for the pucks and it was determined that for these it didn't mean anything in particular, which at the time I thought was odd and further wondered why the 2 labels then?

Some Amark Choice graded real well. I expect the apmex we sent in bulk with a min grade of 68, anything else got a bu label...

So as I see it the Amark choice could go 69dmpl, whereas the apmex bu's have no shot...
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I looked at my apmex BU set again today under 24x. Rim nicks. All of 'em. Everywhere. Each and every puck. I didn't see the nicks before, I kept looking at the fields, chalk it up to my being a hacker. I got the BU rim nick set.

I have to put my $.02 in this latest chapter in this puck saga - Why Apmex chose to distribute their graded pucks as they did, escapes explanation or rationality. To screw some customers with BU sets and reward others multiple 69dm coin sets is bizarre in concept and execution.

As the recipient of a rim nicked BU set from apmex, I feel like I just got a prostate exam with a frozen crowbar from apmex.

Any explanation from apmex as to why and how they chose this method to distribute their pucks is too little, too late; "You will receive as a minimum BU grade" is true enough, but disparity and difference in the quality and grade of pucks distributed to the customers by apmex is outrageous and just pi$$es me the h*ll off.

Well done apmex, well done.
  • Options
    Just pick up my APMEX box. It was a "C". I am a periodic customer, but not of popcorn tin caliber. Here they are:

MOUNT HOOD MS68DMPL
    GRAND CANYON MS69PL
    YOSEMITE MS69PL
    YELLOWSTONE MS68DMPL
    HOT SPRINGS MS69

I bought with a minimum expectation of BU, so guess I can't be too disappointed. Of course the highest grades would have been sweet. BTW my order shipped out on Monday. Congrats to the "D" box folks, good luck to the folks still waiting, and for those that got something else, well we got somewhere between what we were told we'd get and better.

• Options

<< <i>Any explanation from apmex as to why and how they chose this method to distribute their pucks is too little, too late; "You will receive as a minimum BU grade" is true enough, but disparity and difference in the quality and grade of pucks distributed to the customers by apmex is outrageous and just pi$$es me the h*ll off.

Well done apmex, well done. >>

You make a good point. The method of distribution was strange. I suppose APMEX doesn't believe we talk to one another.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So, aahhh, brain attack or whatever....
    Thanks >>

I thought I had read about 8,000 posts back that an interview/article was done with PCGS regarding the Choice v. Gem labels for the pucks and it was determined that for these it didn't mean anything in particular, which at the time I thought was odd and further wondered why the 2 labels then?

Some Amark Choice graded real well. I expect the apmex we sent in bulk with a min grade of 68, anything else got a bu label...

So as I see it the Amark choice could go 69dmpl, whereas the apmex bu's have no shot... >>

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking also.
  • Options
    Apmex set justed dropped off...C box

Yellowstone 68DMPL
    Hot Springs 69
    Yosemite 69PL
    Grand Canyon 69PL
    Mount Hood 69PL

Not bad for the lottery. Since I sold them a set for $1250 that in comparison was no better, Apmex basically paid me $300 to slab a set...not too bad.

Sorry to those that got the worse sets. Apmex has been dishonest about this whole thing. Especially since two weeks ago they told me that they were not numerically grading any sets, they would ALL be BU.
  • Options
    I received a MS69 Mount Hood today from APMEX. The coin looks perfect and the mirror is great on the front. On the back, everything looks great too, except for a large greasy fingerprint in the mirrored area in the top right. In comparison to other DMPLs, this coin is just as reflective and clear, with the exception of this awful fingerprint. Any ideas on how difficult it is to remove the coin from the holder, clean the fingerprint, and resubmit it for grading? Anyone think it is worth the risk of not getting a MS69 coin back from grading?
  • Options
    removing it from the holder is easy.

dipping off the fingerprint without damaging the coin is the hard part.
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    it seems to me that when the letter on the corner of these boxes was discovered(forgot who noted it first) first reports were A and B.

now towards the end of the distribution most are reporting C and D boxes. maybe they just filled orders first to last starting with A and working through the stacks. last ones got C and D boxes?

what say you? image

edit to add: i was second round in their offering and got a B box.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    That is a possibility. I ordered early but paid by personal check and thus was processed later than most I think.
  • Options

<< <i>I received a MS69 Mount Hood today from APMEX. The coin looks perfect and the mirror is great on the front. On the back, everything looks great too, except for a large greasy fingerprint in the mirrored area in the top right. In comparison to other DMPLs, this coin is just as reflective and clear, with the exception of this awful fingerprint. Any ideas on how difficult it is to remove the coin from the holder, clean the fingerprint, and resubmit it for grading? Anyone think it is worth the risk of not getting a MS69 coin back from grading? >>

I think it is a definite possibility that it won't regrade the same. My Grand Canyon 69PL has a huge scratch, and my Yellowstone 68DMPL looks perfect...go figure.

By the way...image
  • Options
    I'll drink to that. image

I'd like to see a comparison of date of order vs box letter (quality). Seems the early orders were early alphas, and so on.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>I'll drink to that. image

I'd like to see a comparison of date of order vs box letter (quality). Seems the early orders were early alphas, and so on. >>

I ordered on 4/13, received a D box. Shipped on 5/11.
  • Options
    ordered 4/15 and shipped 5/6. i got a B box.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'd like to see a comparison of date of order vs box letter (quality). Seems the early orders were early alphas, and so on. >>

I ordered on 4/13, received a D box. Shipped on 5/11. >>

that blows my theory out of the water!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>

i see that you ordered before me but your coins shipped later. i wonder why that is!?
  • Options
    Just got my shipment from APMEX. With all the fervor, I just had to open it up and saw the D on the outside of the inner box. Had to run back here and see what that meant first.......then found

Hotspring MS69 PL
    Mount Hood MS69 DMPL
    Grand Canyon MS69 PL
    Yosemite MS69 PL
    Yellowstone MS69 DMPL

And all First Strike as I assume they all will be.

Man, finally got a break as I had only made one order from them back in 2008 for some DCam IKES to finish off a set (hi 19Lyds!). Took me a few days to get the e-mail saying I could even place an order and jumped at the chance. Looks great next to my crap from JHCB that I DIDN"T sell when silver was up.....oh well.

Now to get one each of the pucks and we'll call it a set. Maybe one or two specific others if the design is special enough to excite me.
  • Options
    "Be careful what you ask for..."

OK - I will tabulate: Date of Order -- Ship Date -- Box Alpha

For anyone who wants to contribute. I'll report back.

Mine was 4/15 -- 5/5 -- B

<jeez, what a bunch of ATBnerds we is>

CLARIFICATION / EDIT: Ship date NOT EQUALS delivery date. Look up when they left APMEX with USPS tracking info.
    Oddly, my ship date in my APMEX account was 6 days before their order tracking indicated.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

i see that you ordered before me but your coins shipped later. i wonder why that is!? >>

I was starting to get irritated seeing many others receiving their sets and knowing I ordered early and paid with credit card. Now I'm pleased with the delay.
  • Options
    1Stock1Stock Posts: 62
    First time APMEX customer. Order date 16 April. Received 13 May.

Received "D" box containing the following:

Mt. Hood - 69DMPL
    Yosemite - 69DMPL
    Yellowstone - 69PL
    Grand Canyon - 69PL
    Hot Springs - 69PL
  • Options
    I am happy that my purchasing and delivery of the 2010's is now complete.

Here is what I did...

Purchased 4 sets
    Sold three to dealers
    Kept one set (Apmex C box) completely paid for from profits on the first three plus an extra $300.

I have never flipped before but used it to my advantage. Never made a huge profit on any singular set but never paid selling fees, etc.

All in all I am happy with the results.

I plan on picking up a few P pucks that have meaning to me but otherwise I think I might look to some other 5 oz coin releases.

Hope you all enjoyed the ride too.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2011's, Glacier & Gettysburg, from Provident arrived. Both need a bath. A slight whitish haze in the clear areas. What I'm calling mint smutz. Once cleaned up I'll report how they look grade wise. Both have spectacular scenes that that should make these very popular.
    Any others that have received these, look at 9:00 on the reverse. Both seem to have a line across the outer wording ring. Like the edge collar splits make but not raised at all. They don't correspond to the edge marks. They may disappear in the bath (hoping). They really stand out as the coin is tilted back and forth to check the mirror of the field. Please report what you see on yours. Photos to follow if they persist after Acetone treatment.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

i see that you ordered before me but your coins shipped later. i wonder why that is!? >>

I was starting to get irritated seeing many others receiving their sets and knowing I ordered early and paid with credit card. Now I'm pleased with the delay. >>

Ditto...but I even got their customer service online and asked WHY mine hadn't shipped yet...maybe I should have kept quiet? image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was one of the first to order (paid with CC) and I was quite concerned, especially since I ordered other items that they shipped immediately so my order status has been 'shipped' almost from day 1. Basically they told me to be patient they had a lot of them to ship out. I hope it means I'm in for a good D box.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my Apmex set just a few minutes ago and it was a "D" box.

MOUNT HOOD MS69DMPL
    GRAND CANYON MS69PL
    YOSEMITE MS69PL
    YELLOWSTONE MS69DMPL
    HOT SPRINGS MS69

Joe >>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!! I normally finish last image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    Mine still hasnt shipped yet and it is now the 14th. Still stuck in Vault B.

For those thaT got "D" boxes are you a platinum member??? Perhaps there is some correlation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file