Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not sure what to make of the A-D boxes.

I guess I'd have to rate this as just a bad idea.

They could have been testing the waters to see what "the average box" will yield. But, I've no idea why they'd test it on the 2010s when a box of 2011s would have done just fine. >>

My guess is they are shipping worst to better, then as they buy back they can ship those and keep as many good boxes as possible. Think about it.................

in the end they end up with the most 69DMPLs they can, and still sold all they sets they had, just the same sets more than a few times >>

quite possible. >>

this might be why so see so few 69DMPL being sold, JH and APMEX are keeping them, wonder when we will set sets for sale on their site

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not sure what to make of the A-D boxes.

My guess is they are shipping worst to better, then as they buy back they can ship those and keep as many good boxes as possible. Think about it.................
    in the end they end up with the most 69DMPLs they can, and still sold all they sets they had, just the same sets more than a few times >>

quite possible. >>

I have a set coming in today. Hope the better sets are still coming!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>The whole obession here about the Apmex letter has gotten comical. >>

But there does seem to be an obvious correlation between the letter and the grade quality. There doesn't appear to be a correlation regarding 'good customers' getting the better boxes. It is kind of irrelevant since the unsealed marked box is inside the sealed outer box, so you have to open to see your letter.

Question is why group the lower, middle, and upper-end grades together rather than spreading it out or dispering them randomly? Of course, why grade in the first place?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The whole obession here about the Apmex letter has gotten comical. >>

But there does seem to be an obvious correlation between the letter and the grade quality. There doesn't appear to be a correlation regarding 'good customers' getting the better boxes. It is kind of irrelevant since the unsealed marked box is inside the sealed outer box, so you have to open to see your letter.

Question is why group the lower, middle, and upper-end grades together rather than spreading it out or dispering them randomly? Of course, why grade in the first place? >>

As most have posted, they screwed the customers and kept best sets for themselves. I hope the loss of credibility and customers was worth the extra bucks they are making on the short term.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Just received my "B" box:

Grand Canyon - MS69PL
    Mt Hood - MS68DMPL
    Hot Springs - MS68DMPL
    Yellowstone - MS68DMPL
    Yoesmite - MS68PL
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    All this APMEX talk reminds me of the old saying..."Paranoids are common, I see them around every corner".
    I am supposed to receive my APMEX box today and if so this new customer will report back. Thanks.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    68's and over are pretty good.

nice B box.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    f we sell to these AP's will we be getting a 1099 in the mail next January?

This was repealed last month and signed by Obama.Repeal and signed by the President.
  • Options

<< <i>Apmex is buying 2010 ATB sets. Graded by any grading service or raw for $1100.

APMEX >>

I wonder if they would like my 62`s and 64`s from JHCB. Ill wait till they fill all there orders.
  • Options

<< <i><< I received my set from APMEX today expecting grades of PCGS BU or PCGS Choice BU. To my amazement I received the following:

HS PCGS MS69
    YO PCGS MS69PL
    YS PCGS MS69PL
    GC PCGS MS69PL
    MH PCGS MS69DMPL

I'm well pleased! I guess being a long time customer helped? >>

Tell us the letter on the bottom of the box.
    This seems to be the best APMEX set so far. >>

It was a "D" box >>

My D box had 4-69PL 1-69HDML still the best D box yet. This is only 2 D boxes so far keep posting what you get so we can see how many pl`s and dimple`s they send out .
  • Options
    AgBloxAgBlox Posts: 744 ✭✭
    C box

Hood/yellowstone: 68dmpl
    Hot springs 69
    Grand Canyon,/Yosemite 69pl

My BU set from Amark look better than all of these. May send them in for grading now that I have something to compare them too.
  • Options

<< <i>C box

Hood/yellowstone: 68dmpl
    Hot springs 69
    Grand Canyon,/Yosemite 69pl

My BU set from Amark look better than all of these. May send them in for grading now that I have something to compare them too. >>

Had 3 amark sets got 4-69`s and 1-68 out of each set good luck.
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Just received my APMEX "D" box. All are PCGS MS69 First Strike! One DMPL and 3 PL!

Grand Canyon - MS69PL
    Mt Hood - MS69DMPL
    Hot Springs - MS69
    Yellowstone - MS69PL
    Yoesmite - MS69PL

This is awesome! image

• Options
    My box arrived today but I can't get home to open until 6pm. Dang anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK: 5/10/2011
    KS: 5/11/2011
    CO: 5/12/2011

Still not projected to get to me until Monday.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my APMEX order today as well. I received some nice coins image

MOUNT HOOD PCGS MS69DMPL 1ST STRIKE

YOSEMITE PCGS MS69DMPL 1ST STRIKE

GRAND CANYON PCGS MS69PL 1ST STRIKE

YELLOWSTONE PCGS MS69PL 1ST STRIKE

HOT SPRINGS PCGS MS69PL 1ST STRIKE

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Damn GrandAm! I thought I hit the motherload! You got $3K in certified pucks for a G!

• Options

<< <i>I got my APMEX order today as well. I received some nice coins image

GrandAm image >>

Did your inner box have a D or E on it
  • Options
    This has to hurt the people with the A_B andC boxes. I don't feel so good about my D box now.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

GrandAm image >>

Did your inner box have a D or E on it >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My box has a "D" on it written in black magic marker. This is the 1st I have heard about the letters,,, what do they mean?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Mine was a "D" also. Hot Damn! The D must mean Damn Good! image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to you guys!

As to my puck luck, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all....

Just got my "B" box (whatever that means): 3 68DMs (MH,YEL,HS) and 2 68PLs (GC,YOS).

Of the last FIVE sets from various APs I've received ZERO 69s!!!!

This has been just beyond frustrating. You guys/gals who got all of the 69s are very lucky indeed! It's incredible that they put all the 69s in some boxes and none in others.

Best, Ron
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>This has to hurt the people with the A_B andC boxes. I don't feel so good about my D box now. >>

Well the fact is many got great AMARK sets. Mine were average at best. My fidelitrade was of the early variety that were beat with a ball peen hammer image. It has been the luck of the draw all the way. In the end we all have done ok. The top end was taken away by many of the AP's. This has certainly been a rush with few dull moments. I'm certain those that got the A and B boxes got some winners along the way. Edit. Then I read Raufus post just above. I have no 69's myself to this point but that magic box sitting at my house awaiting my arrival. Also have 12 coins into PCGS since 5-2. Come on 69dmpl!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Kudos to you guys!

As to my puck luck, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all....

Just got my "B" box (whatever that means): 3 68DMs (MH,YEL,HS) and 2 68PLs (GC,YOS).

Of the last FIVE sets from various APs I've received ZERO 69s!!!!

This has been just beyond frustrating. You guys/gals who got all of the 69s are very lucky indeed! It's incredible that they put all the 69s in some boxes and none in others.

Best, Ron >>

Sorry Ron may the rest of your ATB`s be 69 or 70 DMPL`s good luck to you.
  • Options
    Thanks!!

You folks that got the 69s, on top of not having to deal with the hassle of grading, essentially got an additional nearly $300 in "free" grading. Really the best deal from any AP in puck history. Well done!!
  • Options
    Seems pretty likely the letter boxes indicate quality, with "A" being the worst and "E" being the best. Enough people have replied with consistent answer to indicate a trend, I believe...

Now where's the "F" boxes? Hard to believe that Apmex spent money to have all these coins graded simply out of the goodness of their hearts (I guess not impossible, but I'm skeptical). There has to be a money motive somewhere. I wonder if "F" boxes have the 70's? Wonder if anyone will get an "F" box (directly from them) - or will those sets show up next year? With all the MS69DMPL coins showing up, isn't it likely that a few 70's were released?
    (Proud and happy owner of a "B" box - just skeptical)...

Edit: never mind
    mine has to be an F or a G.

they love me! First time customer. Cancelled original order @ $1395. Complained to the mint.

They have to give me the best ones! image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    AWESOME!!! I got a "D" box with the following:

Hot Springs 69
    Yellowstone 69PL
    Yosemite 69PL
    Grand Canyon 69PL
    Mount Hood 69DMPL

=D

-Paul
  • Options
    <<AWESOME!!! I got a "D" box with the following:

Hot Springs 69
    Yellowstone 69PL
    Yosemite 69PL
    Grand Canyon 69PL
    Mount Hood 69DMPL

=D

-Paul>>

That's exactly what I got! I wonder if people who got the tin of popcorn last winter all got "D" boxes?
  • Options
    I don't think there have been any E boxes yet keep us posted on grades and letters. Good luck to all, hope everyone gets 69`s. I bet there are lots of 69 DMPL sets that show up for sale later and a lot of 69DMPL singles from the other AP`s. We know who they are and they need to be boycotted.
  • Options

<< <i><<AWESOME!!! I got a "D" box with the following:

Hot Springs 69
    Yellowstone 69PL
    Yosemite 69PL
    Grand Canyon 69PL
    Mount Hood 69DMPL

=D

-Paul>>

That's exactly what I got! I wonder if people who got the tin of popcorn last winter all got "D" boxes?
    image >>

I didn't get any popcorn.
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966
    Recv'd today.

-B- Box all " First Strikes"

HS 68DMPL
    YS 68DMPL
    YO 68DMPL
    GC 69PL (who wants to trade this for a 68DMPL ? ) edited, Thanks for the trade, not the best set, but now it's consistent.
    MH 68DMPL

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think there have been any E boxes yet keep us posted on grades and letters. Good luck to all, hope everyone gets 69`s. I bet there are lots of 69 DMPL sets that show up for sale later and a lot of 69DMPL singles from the other AP`s. We know who they are and they need to be boycotted. >>

Mine is about 40 miles away. It will be delivered tomorrow.

The first "E" box

Joe
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ATB golly Grand Am!

You have set the bar pretty high. Here comes the first DMPL set...who will it be??
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

GrandAm image >>

Very nice! I am picking up my set and a hot springs P puck tonight at the UPS. I will report in later and am hoping for a decent set, but with my luck I will be quite surprised if things turn out well.
  • Options

<< <i>You have set the bar pretty high. Here comes the first DMPL set...who will it be?? >>

My prediction is MsMorrisine will get the first full set of MS69DMPL pucks from APMEX. image
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Getting my Apmex set tomorrow.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My prediction is MsMorrisine will get the first full set of MS69DMPL pucks from APMEX. image >>

I hope so! image
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Recv'd today. -B- Box all " First Strikes"
    HS 68DMPL
    YS 68DMPL
    YO 68DMPL
    GC 69PL (who wants to trade this for a 68DMPL ? )
    MH 68DMPL >>

I do. PM sent.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>mine has to be an F or a G.

they love me! First time customer. Cancelled original order @ $1395. Complained to the mint.

They have to give me the best ones! image >>

Hope you didn't use any bad words in that email you sent them awhile ago regarding the cancellation of your alert. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Abadasp:

<< <i>Who is buying 2011 bullion and where are you getting them. I had an order with A-MARK as a thank you for being a good AP. I requested PCGS slabs as that is all I have. They E-mailed that all they had were NGC and I could cancel if I wanted,hated to but didn't want NGC. So who is selling and shipping good clean well packed 2011`s. Thanks >>

I canceled A-Mark and as soon as the Pay-Pal refund showed up I bought at Provident. $100+ less than A-Mark. Comes with Air-Tites not PCGS BU slabs but that's fine. If I want numerical grades I'd have to send them in anyway. >>

I sent my raw puck 2nds set to APMEX taking up their offer to purchase sets for $1,250. The box went out 4/26 and post office confirmation showed it was received at APMEX 4/29. My first APMEX confirmation email, 5/5, said to be patient, overwhelming response etc. Expect 5-7 days ONCE YOUR PACKAGE ARRIVES. Huh? Not a good sign. I'm as patient as the next person and a skeptic at heart. Actions speak louder than words.
    Today I get a "Your product has arrived" email. "Allow 1-3 days for check in, then we will send a check". 4/29 to 5/12 to acknowledge receipt of my box. I guess they are busy receiving slabs from PCGS, sorting them into A,B,C,D sets, checking their "who deserves a better set" list and shipping them out.

• Options
    One thing that I can not at all understand is why APMEX would go to the trouble to create different lettered boxes w/different quality coins an then sell them all for the same price. Makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the thread forking to "Show pictures of your lettered boxes" image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Wonder what the market will be for sealed boxes? Will everyone assume that a popcorn customer would never sell his sealed box?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Got my box from APMEX today...Box C, all First Strike

Hot Springs MS69
    Yellowstone MS68DMPL
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Grand Canyon MS69PL
    Mount Hood MS68DMPL

Sheesh...now I don't know which one to complete DMPL or PL...any suggestions? Maybe one of each image

I think they did a good job with overall packaging the product...pretty securely packed!
  • Options
    My APMEX Box D. Well. Sure hope some of my 12 coins in for grading come back 69 dmpl.

Hot Springs MS69
    Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Grand Canyon MS69PL
    Mount Hood MS69DMPL
  • Options

<< <i>One thing that I can not at all understand is why APMEX would go to the trouble to create different lettered boxes w/different quality coins an then sell them all for the same price. Makes no sense at all. >>

I wonder if the mint didn't actually put the pressure on and catch them with there pants down? So knowing they had to send them all out why not send the better coins to your existing customers and at least get some good will?
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    "B" Box

HS MS68
    GC MS69PL
    MH MS68DMPL
    YL MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One thing that I can not at all understand is why APMEX would go to the trouble to create different lettered boxes w/different quality coins an then sell them all for the same price. Makes no sense at all. >>

I can't think of what if anything has made sense since it started.

But at least it's been consistently strange.
  • Options
    Just got my shipment from APMEX today. It was box D

Hotspring MS69
    Mount Hood MS69 DMPL
    Grand Canyon MS69 PL
    Yosemite MS69 PL
    Yellowstone MS69 PL

And all First Strike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights