Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What were Fidelitrade's prices for the 2011 pucks, with & without capsules? >>

From "Kudbegud", back a page or two (depending on your forum settings):

<< <i> Monday May 09, 2011 11:48 AM (NEW!)

Just got this email alert from Fidelitrade:

"The 2011 Gettysburg and Glacier National Park America the Beautiful 5 ounce silver coins are now available!

Please call 800-223-1080 to place your order right over the phone.

Special packaging is available - ask a FideliTrade representative for details."

Special packaging how? Not bubble wrap? Air-Tites? PCGS BU slabbed?

Since I already put in my order at Provident for raw versions to be shipped in Air-Tites, I won't be taking advantage of this offer. I called anyway to get the details.....OK got it.

The price is not fixed but will follow the market. Quoted as of right now ($37.55 current spot) is $234.15 ea. w/o shipping, or $46.83 an ounce, or a 24.7% premium. $269.65 ea. with shipping. $35.50 s&h charge. The special packaging is an Air-Tite for $5.00 extra. Otherwise they will ship in a flip.

>>

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

Apmex says mine are being shipped today.
  • RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm on the fence about buying these from Prudential. Nowhere does it say how much the shipping will cost.

Has anyone been told what they, I mean Diamond State Depository are changing for shipping ?

Also I don't see anywhere that Prudential Bache is a US Mint Authorized buyer. Hmmmm >>

I believe it's $65. I got my call almost two weeks ago letting me know I was approved. Still waiting for my check to clear I guess. I haven't heard from the depository yet.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I am still waiting on the depository also. They sure are slow.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no call from shipper for me either.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>I'm on the fence about buying these from Prudential. Nowhere does it say how much the shipping will cost.

Has anyone been told what they, I mean Diamond State Depository are changing for shipping ?

Also I don't see anywhere that Prudential Bache is a US Mint Authorized buyer. Hmmmm >>

Prudential Securities Inc. IS a US Mint Authorized Purchaser.

As RGT correctly pointed out, the shipping should be $65.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Just don't be in a hurry for your pucks because it takes them forever to get this done.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DG set is on the truck. >>

How do you know?

• << <i>

<< <i>Is this true or is he misleading folks? >>

He is lying, not misleading. The mintage of each of those is 126,500 to start. The mint has left it open as to whether or not they will mint more. 33,000 only applies to the 2010 issues. >>

I sent the guy an e-mail with the correct mintage... he neither responded, nor changed his listing... so I reported him to ebay.

Now the listing has been removed... linky

Score 1 for truth, justice, and the American way! image
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also have a pile of 100 barber halfs for sale too. I wonder where he got those? Hmmmm!

I'm hoping for price compression where any PCGS BU goes for around $300 up to no more than $900 for a Yellowstone MS69DMPL.

That would keep bluemoon or their consignor from reaping much reward from their mysterious deal.

• << <i>

<< <i>DG set is on the truck. >>

How do you know? >>

They send out a confirmation email when shipped
  • Well 3 sets of Apmex open now. All identical. My office mate. My mom and my brother. My mom and brother are in a different city. My set just shipped today. I feel really stupid that I bought a set of 68 dmpl's about a month ago. Who would of thunk it.

Hot springs -ms68 dmpl
    yellowstone -ms 68 dmpl
    grand canyon -ms69 pl
    mt hood -ms 68 dmpl
    Yosemite MS 68 dmpl
  • I know the APMEX sets are in huge boxes. Is the interior box sealed so that it can be sold as an unopened set anyone ?
    Successful BST transactions with : Moderncoinmart,ebaytrader,ModCrewman,CharlieC,Lightcycler
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>I know the APMEX sets are in huge boxes. Is the interior box sealed so that it can be sold as an unopened set anyone ? >>

no
  • Just to add my "status" on the Apmex sets - I just received mine: the Grand Canyon was MS69PL, the other 4 all MS68DM
    (of course all 1st strike) - not bad, I was prepared for worse.

• << <i>I know the APMEX sets are in huge boxes. Is the interior box sealed so that it can be sold as an unopened set anyone ? >>

it is not sealed.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Well, despite APMEX skimming off the top, getting a set of MS68DMPL's is pretty good.

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Well, compared to you guys my apmex set blows...2 BU's 2 MS68's and 1 MS68PL and I wouldn't recommend submitting the BU's as they're likely all gonna grade out lower than a 68...JMHO...

<< <i>Well, compared to you guys my apmex set blows...2 BU's 2 MS68's and 1 MS68PL and I wouldn't recommend submitting the BU's as they're likely all gonna grade out lower than a 68...JMHO... >>

I'll likely get worse than you. I sent them a complaint yesterday, about their customer (dis)service. Now, today, I get "your set is being shipped today". Wanna bet that they grabbed it to shut me up, and gave me the bottom feeder remains of what they have left to "teach me a lesson"?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to add my "status" on the Apmex sets - I just received mine: the Grand Canyon was MS69PL, the other 4 all MS68DM
    (of course all 1st strike) - not bad, I was prepared for worse. >>

Congrats. Mine should be arriving any day. I can only hope that I will get grades as good as yours!

• << <i>I'll likely get worse than you. I sent them a complaint yesterday, about their customer (dis)service. Now, today, I get "your set is being shipped today". Wanna bet that they grabbed it to shut me up, and gave me the bottom feeder remains of what they have left to "teach me a lesson"? >>

FWIW - I had a big argument with one of the support folks - we exchanged 5 emails (trying to push them to send out the sets already). Didn't seem to affect me - 4ea 68DM and 1ea 69PL. Maybe she didn't remember my name!
    It's just the luck of the draw. But I'm still waiting for the lucky person who gets the 69DMPL image

I can't same I'm exactly disappointed. I just opened my huge apmex box.

Yellowstone MS68DMPL
    Hot Springs MS69
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Mt Hood Ms69PL
    Grand Canyon MS69PL

WooHoo!
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>OH MY GOSH!

I can't same I'm exactly disappointed. I just opened my huge apmex box.

Yellowstone MS68DMPL
    Hot Springs MS69
    Yosemite MS69PL
    Mt Hood Ms69PL
    Grand Canyon MS69PL

WooHoo! >>

Awesome, Congratsimage
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My APMEX order is 4 DMPL 68's and a 69PL Grand Canyon. Yes they obviously Cherrypicked, and no I am not upset with this order. I rec'd to much junk from the other AP's and appreciate the fact that I don't have to drop another $300 on grading. I am just glad it's almost over with the 2010 Bullion version!!
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I'd rather risk asking the prom queen to the dance and have her turn me down, than have my parents arrange for me to go to the prom with the homely girl who can't get a date.

Glad you guys like all the 68s with whatever prefix / suffix description comes with 'em!!!!! image

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my APMEX box today. 5 PCGS BU - they look "ok" but was hoping maybe one little 69 was hiding in there. Can't win 'em all. I did notice the box that was inside the box had a small "A" written with black marker on a bottom corner of the box. Wonder what that meant for their sorting process? I think I'm all puckered out...

Maine_Jim

• << <i>Got my APMEX box today. 5 PCGS BU - they look "ok" but was hoping maybe one little 69 was hiding in there. Can't win 'em all. I did notice the box that was inside the box had a small "A" written with black marker on a bottom corner of the box. Wonder what that meant for their sorting process? I think I'm all puckered out...

Maine_Jim >>

That's interesting - mine had a"B" (4ea 68DM, 1ea 69PL). Does that mean a "C" set is the winner?

• << <i>Got my APMEX box today. 5 PCGS BU - they look "ok" but was hoping maybe one little 69 was hiding in there. Can't win 'em all. I did notice the box that was inside the box had a small "A" written with black marker on a bottom corner of the box. Wonder what that meant for their sorting process? I think I'm all puckered out...

Maine_Jim >>

Same here. The Scarlet A on the box and 5 BUs, only 2 worth sending in for regrades.
  • johnjinxjohnjinx Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Is everyone opening up their APMEX sets since they most likely have been cherrypicked? I haven't opened mine yet but I'm probably going to do it. I really can't think of a good reason to keep these sealed at the moment.

• << <i>

<< <i>Got my APMEX box today. 5 PCGS BU - they look "ok" but was hoping maybe one little 69 was hiding in there. Can't win 'em all. I did notice the box that was inside the box had a small "A" written with black marker on a bottom corner of the box. Wonder what that meant for their sorting process? I think I'm all puckered out...

Maine_Jim >>

That's interesting - mine had a"B" (4ea 68DM, 1ea 69PL). Does that mean a "C" set is the winner? >>

Does that refer to storage in vault A or vault B? Mine all were stored in vault B
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does that refer to storage in vault A or vault B? Mine all were stored in vault B >>

That's a really good thought, I am curious to hear if other members back this up.

• My order was in vault B but received a box with a hand written A on it. 5 BUs.
    Vault B is the "B"ullion Vault.
    They told me that last month, and I thought I had posted that in one of these posts image

Did everyone get theirs UPS Ground? That's how mine is being delivered image

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, UPS ground here also.
    Slow boat supposed to arrive Thursday May 12.
    Was shipped May 5!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Does that refer to storage in vault A or vault B? Mine all were stored in vault B >>

I want mine in "mail truck vault."

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Glad you guys like all the 68s with whatever prefix / suffix description comes with 'em!!!!! image >>

Mine were bought as bullion at a good bullion price and are getting returned to their bullion state. What's the spot price for broken plastic? image

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received my mint box today. Did not ask for expedited shipping, just the standard $4.95. Came UPS Next Day Air, which is how I get mint stuff half the time with out asking or paying more.

Also got notified via email the my 2011's are shipped USPS with tracking today. Tracking number doesnt show up so they will probably go out tomorrow.

• Apmex came in. I guess I got screwed compared to others...

Hot springs -ms68
    yellowstone - bu
    grand canyon -ms68 pl
    mt hood - bu
    Yosemite MS 68 pl

• Spoke to PB today about my order and asked how many sets they had left. The lady chuckled and said 3000!

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my P-Pucks today came a large box.

APMEX arrived:

MH MS68DMPL
    GC MS69PL
    YO MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL
    HS MS68DMPL

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing to not get virgins, but could be FAR worse. I'm actually kinda happy with all these de-flowered dimples.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With my P-Pucks today came a large box.

APMEX arrived:

MH MS68DMPL
    GC MS69PL
    YO MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL
    HS MS68DMPL

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing to not get virgins, but could be FAR worse. I'm actually kinda happy with all these de-flowered dimples. >>

Was there a letter on the bottom of the box?

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a B
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

• << <i>It's a B >>

I've got one more set coming. If its a B I'll open. If its an A. Burn and turn unopened on the bay. My A and B vault theory was shot down but does seem to indicate a huge difference in grades.
  • Mine is in route and due Friday...come on B box! Also had a failed attempt on my P puck yesterday. Hopefully my wife will get it today so I can check it out after I get off the plane.

Any connection to new customers vs long time customers on the B vs A box? Those that got A have you purchased other items from Apmex in the past?

• << <i>Mine is in route and due Friday...come on B box! Also had a failed attempt on my P puck yesterday. Hopefully my wife will get it today so I can check it out after I get off the plane.

Any connection to new customers vs long time customers on the B vs A box? Those that got A have you purchased other items from Apmex in the past? >>

That was exactly my thought.....My son got all BU's yesterday...never order from them before. I'm waiting to hear if it was an A or a B...I bet "A" .....

• << <i>Spoke to PB today about my order and asked how many sets they had left. The lady chuckled and said 3000! >>

I just saw this on another board:

Prudential Bach returned my Father's check today with a note saying "SOLD OUT"...looks like AP's are finally sold out!!!!!!!!! Even though last week he received a call saying they received his check and application....
  • BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    my super-lucky box had a 'C' on it
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • levinlllevinll Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Prudential Bache web site still indicates that these sets are available to purchase.

• << <i>my super-lucky box had a 'C' on it >>

That's what I;ve been waiting to see! What's inside?
    (BTW - brand new customer of Apmex here, Bbox, good coins)

<< <i>I'd rather risk asking the prom queen to the dance and have her turn me down, than have my parents arrange for me to go to the prom with the homely girl who can't get a date.

Glad you guys like all the 68s with whatever prefix / suffix description comes with 'em!!!!! image >>

image Easy Solution There buyback program. Sold mine back to them yesterday for a grand and for some reason they even payed for the overnight shipping. So I made about 25 bucks and they get another set back to fill out the next order win win ? Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file