Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody got theirs from Apmex second round yet? >>

Anyone got theirs from the first round of PCGS BU slabbed yet?
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Anyone got theirs from the first round of PCGS BU slabbed yet? >>

image As with the mints policy first in first out I do beleive ampex is following there course..........I wondered yesterday why no one from round one has said anything.hmmmmm another mysteryimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>

<< <i>Picked up my JH lost 25 MO set, No 69's so anyone else waiting dont hold their breath

Set is all PCGS

GC MS68PL
    MH MS68DMPL
    HS MS68DMPL
    YO MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL

At least I Save 300 in grading fee's, Dang it still need a GC DMPL, have 2 PL's now,

now to figure out where my MO went and get that money backimage >>

That beats the hell out of my 62`s and 64`s RAW set.

Anyone else get there lost MO sets yet? >>

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Apmex round 1 ordered the 15th check rec'd the 19th, has been shipped delivery Tuesday...And here's an email update from JH:

Hello Casman,

Receipt of FedEx tracking number does not mean your order shipped. It only means that it is in process to be shipped (i.e. shipping labels preprinted). It also means that your payment was received. Please note that some sets are going today.

Sets are gradually shipping. Our deadline for shipping is next Friday so the very latest your order will ship is on that date.

Thanks for your order.

JHCB

• << <i>Anybody got theirs from Apmex second round yet? >>

I'm due Monday according to UPS.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>

I'm due Monday according to UPS. >>

same here
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    My AMPEX 2nd round just shipped....due next Thursday.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Just received the 2010 HS P mint mark from the Mint and I gotta say I find it beautiful.
    The finish is very soft and appealing.
    It is a flawless specimen.
    A matter of taste I know compared to the shiny ones.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • PL/DMPL's are toast for the P Puck BUT I bet there will be a nice quantity of 70's upcoming.....
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Apmex slabs have arrived!

Very nice, not a bad one in the bunch. Three are 69 candidates and the other two 68.

Packaging is box within a box, with interior box supported by surrounding foam supports. Overkill IMHO.

Very, very pleased with the Apmex slabs, I was worried I'd have a Jack disaster! image
  • jawapezjawapez Posts: 52

<< <i>Apmex slabs have arrived!

Very nice, not a bad one in the bunch. Three are 69 candidates and the other two 68.

Packaging is box within a box, with interior box supported by surrounding foam supports. Overkill IMHO.

Very, very pleased with the Apmex slabs, I was worried I'd have a Jack disaster! image >>

So they are PCGS slabs? Are they Choice BU?
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one of the JH 25 missing money orders here and I finally got my coins via FedEx today:

Yellowstone PCGS MS68DMPL
    Grand Canyon PCGS MS68PL
    Mount Hood PCGS MS68DMPL
    Hot Springs PCGS MS68DMPL
    Yosemite PCGS MS68DMPL

Not too shabby I guess, sure I'd like to have some MS69 examples, but I'll take this set for $899 shipped any day! Still waiting to get my money order refunded though, but that should happen soon.

Now that I see what MS68PL and DMPL coins look like, I really think a few of my MTB and Fidelitrade coins have great chances at MS69DMPL... I just don't want to pay $250 or so per set to get them graded!!! For those that have been buying and selling these slabbed, since they are willing to put First Strike labels on every coin submitted (rending it meaningless) does it really pay off to pay the extra First Strike fee on each submission??? Seems like everyone is doing it and I don't remember seeing any non-First Strike coins out there.

Very, very pleased with the Apmex slabs, I was worried I'd have a Jack disaster! image >>

You and me Both image Glad to hear there not dogs and will be fun to open the box. Is the box just like amark box? Hey illini420 If you would ploease PM me the numbers from the jacks slabs just putting together a list, and any one who has gotten theres please send me pm with number and grade thanks.. I need the last 8 numbers after the slash mark/

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

do they look PL? DMPL? does slab say CHOICE? GEM?
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
    No Choice. No Gem.

Labeled PCGS BU. FS.

Just detailed them again. Not too shabby.

No scratches. No white tube marks. Some of that white organic residue stuff that acetone would remove. Typical scuff on the YOS cheek. That's about it.

Three highly reflective mirrors on HS, MH, GC, both sides. YOS + YS less reflective with minor distortion both sides.

If these Apmexs are cherry picked, I'd be surprised.

You guys know if I didn't like these Apmex slabs, I'd tell ya! image
    Oh yeah, Apmex includes a letter inside the second box asking you to save the "custom designed packaging designed specifically for the 2010 ATB program to ensure the quality of this beautiful coin set. Please save the packaging so that when it's time to sell you can ensure the safe delivery of this set to your buyer, hopefully it will be us!"
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another one of the JH 25 missing money orders here and I finally got my coins via FedEx today:

Yellowstone PCGS MS68DMPL
    Grand Canyon PCGS MS68PL
    Mount Hood PCGS MS68DMPL
    Hot Springs PCGS MS68DMPL
    Yosemite PCGS MS68DMPL

Not too shabby I guess, sure I'd like to have some MS69 examples, but I'll take this set for $899 shipped any day! Still waiting to get my money order refunded though, but that should happen soon.

Now that I see what MS68PL and DMPL coins look like, I really think a few of my MTB and Fidelitrade coins have great chances at MS69DMPL... I just don't want to pay $250 or so per set to get them graded!!! For those that have been buying and selling these slabbed, since they are willing to put First Strike labels on every coin submitted (rending it meaningless) does it really pay off to pay the extra First Strike fee on each submission??? Seems like everyone is doing it and I don't remember seeing any non-First Strike coins out there. >>

68DMPLs are great.

Although, I just wonder what happened to those 69s....

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Rooster1Rooster1 Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Got my set from Apmex today. 3- BU , 1-ms68, 1-ms68 pl.
    Why are some of these actually graded and others just BU?
    Successful deals with:Ciccio-Nibanny, Wondercoin, Republicaninmass, Utahcoin, Abitofthisabitofthat, Doubleeagles59, Peaceman

<< <i>Got my set from Apmex today. 3- BU , 1-ms68, 1-ms68 pl.
    Why are some of these actually graded and others just BU? >>

PLEASE tell me your joking?image wow maybe thats why there shipping first to the second round the better ones go to those in round 1 image and i can hear those who say well they promised you BU or BETTER But They Didn't Promise any 69dm .............monday will tell the story,,,,,,,,

Link to My Registry Set.

Uh-oh...
    This can't be happening again....now with APMEX!
    my apmex order has been shipped but not showing up in the tracking yet. it says package weight: 7.00 lbs.

seems heavy to me... did they ship me two sets?imageimage

my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • A few pages back I posted my conversation with an Apmex on-line customer service rep. I specifically asked what the "or better" meant. She was gone a long time asking someone and finally said the were only graded BU and the "or better" simply meant there was possibility there if the buyer regraded. I don't believe this is happening again, I am hoping that post meant JH, not Apmex.

<< <i>

<< <i>

PLEASE tell me your joking?image wow maybe thats why there shipping first to the second round the better ones go to those in round 1 image and i can hear those who say well they promised you BU or BETTER But They Didn't Promise any 69dm .............monday will tell the story, image >>

Already sent that op a pm and your right it could be he got a jack set. My box is 7lbs to and guess will see how this story plays out monday or when the original op comes back to clarify....image

Link to My Registry Set.

• RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Whoever got a MS68 has been cherry-pucked! image
    Why would Apmex include a letter in the second box to buy back in their original packaging if they already cherry picked? Doesn't make sense to me.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my apmex order has been shipped but not showing up in the tracking yet. it says package weight: 7.00 lbs.

seems heavy to me... did they ship me two sets?imageimage >>

Are you opening it to find out? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Guess I'll be opening all 4 of my apmex sets. Dirty dogs. But then again maybe there is a premium coming for mystery boxes.

<< <i>

<< <i>my apmex order has been shipped but not showing up in the tracking yet. it says package weight: 7.00 lbs.

seems heavy to me... did they ship me two sets?imageimage >>

Are you opening it to find out? image >>

now i have to open it. between this and the jack hunt set i have i might be able to make a matched set of picked over DMPL 68`s.

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this true or is he misleading folks?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Those are not limited to 33,000...
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this true or is he misleading folks? >>

He is lying, not misleading. The mintage of each of those is 126,500 to start. The mint has left it open as to whether or not they will mint more. 33,000 only applies to the 2010 issues.

• << <i>Got my set from Apmex today. 3- BU , 1-ms68, 1-ms68 pl.

The BU`s graded below 68. I didn't notice the (AMPEX) I bet it`s JH CHERRY PICKED
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

No true but great photos!!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

• << <i>

He is lying, not misleading. The mintage of each of those is 126,500 to start. The mint has left it open as to whether or not they will mint more. 33,000 only applies to the 2010 issues. >>

I was looking on the AMARK site about the 2011 coins if you click product ? it sows a 2010 coin with the 2010 info 33000 limit But the seller should know better
  • st0ckyst0cky Posts: 67 ✭✭

<< <i>I was looking on the AMARK site about the 2011 coins if you click product ? it sows a 2010 coin with the 2010 info 33000 limit But the seller should know better >>

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around. An email update about the 2011 mintage change seems to be in order.

• Greetings - this is my first (maybe 2nd, forget) post - been lurking for awhile and appreciate all the good info posted here and the helpfulness!

I was taking pics of a couple of my ATBs and noticed doubling on the Yellowstone reverse. Hopefully I can post a picture here and get some opinions - one is a closeup and the 2nd a full view (but can't post files larger than 50k so it's kinda small). The Obverse appears normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

• << <i>Greetings - this is my first (maybe 2nd, forget) post - been lurking for awhile and appreciate all the good info posted here and the helpfulness!

I was taking pics of a couple of my ATBs and noticed doubling on the Yellowstone reverse. Hopefully I can post a picture here and get some opinions - one is a closeup and the 2nd a full view (but can't post files larger than 50k so it's kinda small). The Obverse appears normal. Has anyone else noticed this? >>

I'll let the experts on this comment, but from the early posts on this subject it is nothing special nor too unusual for these coins due to their size.
  • Figured out how to post a larger image - This shows the doubling pretty nicely, visible best in the E PLURBUS...

<< <i>Greetings - this is my first (maybe 2nd, forget) post - been lurking for awhile and appreciate all the good info posted here and the helpfulness!

I was taking pics of a couple of my ATBs and noticed doubling on the Yellowstone reverse. Hopefully I can post a picture here and get some opinions - one is a closeup and the 2nd a full view (but can't post files larger than 50k so it's kinda small). The Obverse appears normal. Has anyone else noticed this? >>

These have been reported on here in the past, unfortunately it is machine or strike doubling.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
    Just a morning bump and still looking for anyone who received a so called graded set from jack hunt. Please PM me the 8 numbers after the / Thanks to those who have sent me numbers will post in the end what i figure out....................image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Yup...I have the same and think it's cool....doesn't seem to interest too many other people though....

Edited to add:

I can't take pics very well, here's some quickies of Apmex with my point and shoot, those are my fingers and the red reflection is the camera -

imageimageimage
    imageimage

• "Yup...I have the same and think it's cool....doesn't seem to interest too many other people though...."

Apparently machine doubling isn't really an error - I guess just a mistake. Sellers on feebay don't even seem to be making a big deal about it to pump a few more $$$ into their sales...
    Maybe this kind of error actually reduces value image
    My Apmex set is due here next week, will see what that has to offer.
    Thanks for the responses

"Pirateo40" (now over 60)

• << <i>I can't take pics very well, here's some quickies of Apmex with my point and shoot, those are my fingers and the red reflection is the camera >>

They shorted you 5 ounces image

Edited to add: Oh I see, those are TWO of the coins obv/rev........never mind...nice coins
  • Check out page 323, 4th post down.

"Here is an interesting article that Ken Potter just wrote about doubling on the ATB coins. Not a rare event, but still interesting.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=17345 "
  • Wow, my AMark 2010 5 ozer's aren't nearly this mirrored. I feel cheated!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, got my Fidelitrade set yesterday.
    All raw, encapsulated, and very nice. No complaints.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • I too received a Fidelitrade. 4 out of 5 are very nice! The one that isn't has a 1/2 inch scratch. Much better than I expected at this late stage of the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file