Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

who needs one, got plenty of 'em, selling like hotcakes. image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

These are the people that made boatloads of money.

• << <i>These are the people that made boatloads of money. >>

They made boat loads being honest They made SHIP LOADS by being CROOKS.
  • Well... with the drop in silver, you can buy a set of Pucks from Provident now for $412! Quite the bargain and will probably drop a little more too. IMO this is good news for people collecting pucks for its collectability since now its more affordable to a wider range of people who can get into the collecting puck game!

They just bought what others were willing to sell them. Those are the one's that were the bad guys not the buyers.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

It's called taking care of your "real" customers.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainesville has a pair 'o pucks for $405. Go Gators!

A 30 percent haircut if bought just a few days ago. The higher silver futures margin and Carlos Slim hitting
    the bid is really fueling the air pocket. My guess is when silver gets near its traditional 1:50 ratio on gold, the
    bottom will be in on this move. So lets say around $30 +/-
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go...............image Did just get notice from ampex order is shipped. woohooo
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go............... >>

Boy, that is pretty blatant! If that doesn't violate the US Mint guidelines, I don't know what does!

MsM, is it too late to submit that listing in your evidence docket???
  • Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go...............image >>

Cert number 506587.69/19708688 Yellowstone MS69DMPL

19708610 to 19708665 YS 68DM
    19708666 to 19708707 YS 69DM
    19708708 to 19708709 YS Brilliant Uncirculated

Another group of 100. By the way, they are non-ATB pucks before and after this 100 coin group of cert numbers.

Looks like they were getting better at hand selecting the 69DM coins for this group. 56 68DM, 42 69DM and 2 culls.

I wanted a 69DMPLimage
    Does anyone remember this?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go............... >>

Boy, that is pretty blatant! If that doesn't violate the US Mint guidelines, I don't know what does!

MsM, is it too late to submit that listing in your evidence docket??? >>

Like I was saying, this could be a repurchased one, a consignment, ... make up your own creative solution.... they bought a set from another AP and is selling it here.... the list of possibilities continue.

and while the 100 continuous PCGS cert numbers being bracketed by non-ATB coins certainly points towards a bulk submission, but it isn't concrete. Can it be proven they are all from the same submission? anyone?

and who is to say no one received a 69DMPL ???
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>

<< <i>JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go...............image >>

Another group of 100. By the way, they are non-ATB pucks before and after this 100 coin group of cert numbers.

Looks like they were getting better at hand selecting the 69DM coins for this group. 56 68DM, 42 69DM and 2 culls.

I wanted a 69DMPLimage >>

Here is 19708702 on Ebay
    19708704 is in this group of five.
    Here is 19708703 on Ebay
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭
    Picked up my JH lost 25 MO set, No 69's so anyone else waiting dont hold their breath

Set is all PCGS

GC MS68PL
    MH MS68DMPL
    HS MS68DMPL
    YO MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL

At least I Save 300 in grading fee's, Dang it still need a GC DMPL, have 2 PL's now,

now to figure out where my MO went and get that money backimage
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

MsM, is it too late to submit that listing in your evidence docket??? >>

Srsly? There is an evidence docket to be submitted to the mint legal dept for their consideration? You gotta be kidding me.

This is FOIA level, requesting US Mint documents on the details of the nitty gritty down and dirty details, specifically - US Mint agreements with the APs and the oversight of APs by the Mint who sell their bullion for profit from a privileged position in the distribution of bullion.

The Mint isn't going to listen to recorded messages, nor consider circumstantial evidence, ebay listings and the like.

I bet an FOIA request will get the attention of the Mint's legal dept.

FOIA
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    FOIA? Ha Ha Ha

Good Luck.

Tried that for disclosing coins struck a few years ago with a certain issue. They didnt even know how to respond. Plain and Simple.

Multiple forum members had to ask (multiple FOIA's) for the SAME info before they finally figured it out and complied.

Clearly, anyone who couldnt figure out our request a few years ago needed to be a regular on the unemployment line.
  • Just got notification of shipping on one of my sets from APMEX. Should be here Monday. Also just bought a roll of 10 gettysburgs.

• << <i>

<< <i>

I wanted a 69DMPLimage >>

Here is 19708702 on Ebay
    19708704 is in this group of five.
    Here is 19708703 on Ebay >>

Two different sellers from Huron Ohio with lots of 69 PL`s and 69 DMPL`s VERY INTERESTING.

<< <i>FOIA? Ha Ha Ha

Good Luck.

Tried that for disclosing coins struck a few years ago with a certain issue. They didnt even know how to respond. Plain and Simple.

Multiple forum members had to ask (multiple FOIA's) for the SAME info before they finally figured it out and complied.

Clearly, anyone who couldnt figure out our request a few years ago needed to be a regular on the unemployment line. >>

Thanks for the input. Ideaistic? Probably. Give it a shot? You bet.

I'll start here tomorrow and see what happens -

FOIA Contact: To make a FOIA request to United States Mint please send request to:

Kathleen Saunders-Mitchell

FOIA Contact

8th Floor

801 9th Street, NW

Washington, DC 20220

(202) 772-7322 (Telephone)

(202) 756-6100 (Fax)
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So besides Amark, where is the best place to order 2011 pucks from to take advantage of low silver price where they (most likely) haven't been cherry-picked?
  • I would put forth Modern Coin Mart, Gainsville Coins and Provident metals.

• << <i>JACKS FIRST FAST SALE Wonder how many more will pop up in the next couple weeks. go jack go...............image Did just get notice from ampex order is shipped. woohooo >>

Wow Ebay really nailed their targeted advertising. Check out the sponsored link they paired with the Jack Hunt auction:

Jack Hunt Auction
    Sponsored Link Closeup
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good eye there friend.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So besides Amark, where is the best place to order 2011 pucks from to take advantage of low silver price where they (most likely) haven't been cherry-picked? >>

Well ... I couldn't stand the silver plunge any longer. Picked up a tube of 10 Getty's (hoping virgin) from Provident for $2107 (w/ship). JEEZ this is almost at 2010 ATB prices from the APs. I bailed out from Gainesville due to suspicious activity.

Please silver -- don't fail me now!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gainesville: I've had good luck with them in the past. But after hearing about possible collusion here with certain AP, I decided to contact them about "their source".

No Answer.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077
    Has anybody cancelled their $649 2-pc order for the 2011s through A-Mark?

A-Mark said 6-8 weeks for delivery and that their pricing was based on spot?? image

$325/ea was acceptable for PCGS FS Choice BU coins at $45+ silver but at $35? Not a good deal.

So, anyone try to cancel yet?
    Yeah, I called them today and cancelled.
    Got a refund a short time afterwards.
    A nice woman who answered was very helpful, took a minute.
    They are a good group.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody cancelled their $649 2-pc order for the 2011s through A-Mark? >>

I did. Then pulled the trigger at Provident and saved $200. $100 each seemed too high for CH BU FS slabbing. I asked them how they would ship and was told: "They are all being sent in Air-Tite plastic capsules, and then wrapped so they are not moving around in the box" I'll report on the condition once I receive them.

<< <i>Silver continues its wild ride today. The G&G set is down to $509 a pair on Provident.

Provident

Really tempting to pick up some. >>

$411.40 now for the pair of them.

• << <i>Has anybody cancelled their $649 2-pc order for the 2011s through A-Mark? >>

It looks like A-Mark is giving their customer a "free" call option.

Is it not very wise for A-Mark to deliver bullion in 4-6 weeks.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anybody cancelled their $649 2-pc order for the 2011s through A-Mark? >>

It looks like A-Mark is giving their customer a "free" call option.

Is it not very wise for A-Mark to deliver bullion in 4-6 weeks. >>

I cancel mine yesterday, waiting for these to go lower, they hit maybe $150-175 that would be temping
    I could not see paying that kind of money for a pair of generically graded pucks when you can get your own graded for a lot less and get a properly graded set of coins.

• << <i>I could not see paying that kind of money for a pair of generically graded pucks when you can get your own graded for a lot less and get a properly graded set of coins. >>

What would worry me would be the Jack Hunt Syndrome where the lot was sent for grading with a minimum grade requirement and the rest got generic slabs....

A-Mark is a much more trustworthy group but that cynic in me keeps surfacing....

<< <i>

<< <i>I could not see paying that kind of money for a pair of generically graded pucks when you can get your own graded for a lot less and get a properly graded set of coins. >>

What would worry me would be the Jack Hunt Syndrome where the lot was sent for grading with a minimum grade requirement and the rest got generic slabs....

A-Mark is a much more trustworthy group but that cynic in me keeps surfacing.... >>

I am just wondering is it possible for a ap to send in 1000 coins bulk submission asking for any 69 or 70 and anything below be grade Gem BU? If they send in 1000 and ask for all to be graded gem bu I think thats fine but they should not be allowed to send in ones for a numeric grade? But I guess will never know the truth...................image

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

• << <i>Gainesville: I've had good luck with them in the past. But after hearing about possible collusion here with certain AP, I decided to contact them about "their source".

No Answer. >>

I bought from gainsville because I figure they are getting monster boxes from Jack. Jack wouldn't screw with his big time customer.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought from gainsville because I figure they are getting monster boxes from Jack. Jack wouldn't screw with his big time customer.

If you buy from gainsville, you are supporting jack hunt. It's that simple. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy on price, but I see no evidence that jack wouldn't continue to cherrypick, regardless of whether or not you are a large or small customer.

I am just wondering is it possible for a ap to send in 1000 coins bulk submission asking for any 69 or 70 and anything below be grade Gem BU?

Well, we do know that anyone sending in a submission can request a minimum grade. The mechanism is already in place for a tpg to screen an order for a specific grade. Why wouldn't a tpg accomodate the same type of request for a larger order? After all, it is a paid service being provided.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a quality report on the APMEX sets yet?? I'll have mine next Tuesday and will report at that time.

• << <i>I bought from gainsville because I figure they are getting monster boxes from Jack. Jack wouldn't screw with his big time customer.

If you buy from gainsville, you are supporting jack hunt. It's that simple. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy on price, but I see no evidence that jack wouldn't continue to cherrypick, regardless of whether or not you are a large or small customer.

I am just wondering is it possible for a ap to send in 1000 coins bulk submission asking for any 69 or 70 and anything below be grade Gem BU?

Well, we do know that anyone sending in a submission can request a minimum grade. The mechanism is already in place for a tpg to screen an order for a specific grade. Why wouldn't a tpg accomodate the same type of request for a larger order? After all, it is a paid service being provided. >>

For us small time folks the tpg won't put it in a gem bu holder though. Only for the big boys. Talk about politics and its not who you know but who you bl......image

<< <i>Anyone have a quality report on the APMEX sets yet?? I'll have mine next Tuesday and will report at that time. >>

My Apmex is on vehicle for delivery but I'm at work so my neighbor is on big brown truck alert and I'll see the set late this afternoon.

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone have a quality report on the APMEX sets yet?? I'll have mine next Tuesday and will report at that time. >>

My Apmex is on vehicle for delivery but I'm at work so my neighbor is on big brown truck alert and I'll see the set late this afternoon. >>

Have to wait till monday for mine good luck let us know, And yes i too just caved in and cancel from amark. I really like them the best but the price than and now is a deciding factor. I am sure once they get them in hands they will reprice. I think I am done with the bullion version to many questions are unanswered. Going to stick with the mints from here on out. image

Link to My Registry Set.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

My Apmex is on vehicle for delivery but I'm at work so my neighbor is on big brown truck alert and I'll see the set late this afternoon. >>

We'll expect a thorough and detailed reportimage The Threadites are counting on you!!

<< <i>Picked up my JH lost 25 MO set, No 69's so anyone else waiting dont hold their breath

Set is all PCGS

GC MS68PL
    MH MS68DMPL
    HS MS68DMPL
    YO MS68DMPL
    YS MS68DMPL

At least I Save 300 in grading fee's, Dang it still need a GC DMPL, have 2 PL's now,

now to figure out where my MO went and get that money backimage >>

Anyone else get there lost MO sets yet?
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    I thought the agreement for the lost MO's was that you get an all 68 set?

My JH mixed grade set did have a 69 in it, and my buddy got the same exact graded coins in his set.

He flipped his on bids at $2175...Despite the guarantee of no 69dmpl's, nonetheless, I think he pulled better than a raw set...He had no intentions of submitting.
  • RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>It looks like A-Mark is giving their customer a "free" call option. >>

Yes, I just "called"! image

My order said 6-8 weeks for delivery and at $48 a week ago I ordered them. At $36 today it was an easy call! image

They are very gracious about taking the cancellation.
    Anyone who received a jack hunt set graded please pm me the numbers and the grades, would love to have a list of all of those. Again just send me a pm thks image

Link to My Registry Set.

• I sent my check to PB on 4/13 and they said I'm not in the system yet. Anyone else send theirs in around mid April?
  • MCADSPECMCADSPEC Posts: 72 ✭✭
    I think I am done with the bullion version to many questions are unanswered. Going to stick with the mints from here on out. image >>

Let the price of Gold & Silver settle and then come back in a year and show us your gains you have made dealing with the mint. That will be interesting to see. image
    Yeah, still no word here either.
    Will maybe call them next week.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Anybody got theirs from Apmex second round yet?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    14000! image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file